Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Made it home, and its SNOWING!! What kind of devil work is that????

I am too tired to read all the posts, guess ill have to do that at work tomorrow!! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I had such a great time at the BAT.. I took 14 rolls of film over the whole vacation!!!! Thats gonna cost me! LOL

For those of you you who went out on Sunday night (you know who you are [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) I was able to get up on time and drive to Dana Point to go on the Whale/Dolphin trip.. I got to see tons of Dolphins and a couple Whales it was AWESOME!!

It was so great to meet some of the OTO's I had not had the pleasure of meeting before. I have lots of stories but am too tired to post them right now or send shout outs.

I hope everyone makes it home ok and we hear from them soon!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] and [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Randi
Old 02-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Glad to hear everyone is home again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Lifer #1
Old 02-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekgirl:
<STRONG> 4) Make sure our cell phones are charged. (Yes, Vicki, this means you.)
</STRONG>
It was charged. I just left it on the charger in the room! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*:
<STRONG>

It was charged. I just left it on the charger in the room! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
So, what good is it having a cell phone then? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .... It’s hard to have a “we’re getting lost” car rally if you don’t have your cell phone with you. It's not like we can use semaphones or visual Morse code out the rear window at night. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] PDaddy Your "girls" miss you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

It was charged. I just left it on the charger in the room! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Trying this again....my post didn't show [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

If you are going on the caravan you have to have your cell to sing 'The Wheels on the Bus'! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] OTOS

I'm back!!!!! Off to see what happened while I was gone and also to get some shut eye [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I had a blast with all of you!!!!!!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori R:
<STRONG>

Trying this again....my post didn't show [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

If you are going on the caravan you have to have your cell to sing 'The Wheels on the Bus'! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lori</STRONG>
I am never going to live the Cell Phone incident down, am I?

EVERYONE SING WITH ME!!!

The Bus Song
(Wheels on the Bus)
Traditional
Written By: Unknown
Copyright Unknown

The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round, round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All through the town.
(Roll hands over each other)

The wipers on the bus go "Swish, swish, swish,
Swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish"
The wipers on the bus go "Swish, swish, swish"
All through the town.
(Put arms together in front of you and
'swish' like windshield wipers)

The door on the bus goes open and shut
Open and shut, open and shut
The door on the bus goes open and shut
All through the town.
(Cover eyes with hands on 'shut' and
uncover them on 'open')

The horn on the bus goes "Beep, beep, beep
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep"
The horn on the bus goes "Beep, beep, beep"
All through the town.
(Pretend to honk horn)

The gas on the bus goes "Glug, glug, glug
Glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug"
The gas on the bus goes "Glug, glug, glug"
All through the town.
(Pretend to fill tank using pointer finger as gas nozzle)

The money on the bus goes "Clink, clink, clink,
Clink, clink, clink, clink, clink, clink"
The money on the bus goes "Clink, clink, clink"
All through the town.
(Pretend to put money in cash box on bus)

The baby on the bus says, "Wah, wah, wah!
Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah!"
The baby on the bus says, "Wah, wah, wah!"
All through the town.
(Fisted hands in front of eyes
and rub them like baby crying)

The people on the bus say, "Shh, shh, shh,
Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, shh"
The people on the bus say, "Shh, shh, shh"
All through the town.
(Put pointer finger to mouth to 'shhh')

The mommy on the bus says, "I love you,
I love you, I love you"
The daddy on the bus says, "I love you, too"
All through the town.
(Point to self on 'I',
right hand over heart on 'love', and
point to other on 'you')

Old 02-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I'm home... Got on the highway going west and I live east of the airport...
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/daze.gif[/img] [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Gonna shower and hit the hay... [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jero:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/daze.gif[/img] [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Later,</STRONG>

Sounds like you wanted to drive BACK TO LA! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:18 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Hi, OTOs! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

First order of business -- One Tree Hill watchers on the West Coast -- do not miss tonight's episode! OMG! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] Thanks for the thread start, and a late [img]smilies/birthday.gif[/img] to Pookie. My sympathy on age 13 -- hated it when I went through it, and it wasn't the highlight of my kids' childhoods either.

Tas: Great Liz art! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Liz: Thanks for the pic finds!

Lori: So sorry about the loss of your doctor friend, but it sounds like you have warm memories of him.

Settled, Spam: Sorry we couldn't meet up once more, but it was so good to see you when we did.

I'd like to report that I was able to get dinner tonight without:
-- driving anywhere
-- leading a caravan
-- having people mock my U-turns [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
-- answering a cell phone.

Which brings up the topic of the Elementary Cell Phone Use class I'm signing up for as a result of the BAT. The class text is Cell Phones for Dummies, and the first lessons are:

1) Turning it on helps.
2) Keeping the phone close by helps. Keeping it in the back seat of the car buried in your purse? Not so good.
3) When phone is ringing, hit "Talk" instead of "1" or "Menu", either of which apparently cuts off the incoming call.
4) If your phone has been recharging, it's a good idea to check for messages.
5) Do not erase incoming messages unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain you have the phone number.
6) Screaming obscenities at the phone does not improve your performance.
7) When all else fails, throw the phone at Oceana and yell, "Do something with it!!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Had a great time this weekend, meeting new friends, seeing old ones, and meeting old ones in RL for the first time. I've loved reading everyone's descriptions so far, and, M&M, thanks for the wonderful pix! (I didn't bring my digital camera, so I won't have pix for a couple of days.)

The Joan of Arcadia people were a happy surprise. You could see Jason Ritter's beaming smile from 4 lanes away -- he just looked so happy to be there -- and Patrick Fabian was a wonder as an impromptu auctioneer. I didn't get a chance to meet those two, but I talked briefly to Michael Welch, the younger brother, who was very nice and very self-possessed for a 16-year-old. Nick was his usual prince of a self, staying until the bitter end, interacting with fans. And we're so proud of Chico! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Just some background on the Nick lunch. A dinner with him had already been auctioned -- "to be arranged at some time in the next 6 months". A bunch of us were saying it was too bad we couldn't bid because we were leaving town so soon.

So a few auction items later, I had a "smack self in head" moment, when I realized that we weren't leaving until Tuesday, so maybe it could have been arranged before then. I talked to Andie's mother and asked if they could auction off a lunch possibly, and she said to check with Nick, so I did. He had a pretty busy schedule, but since it was for charity, he could spare "a half hour or so."

It was lunch for two, so Oceana and I decided to bid together (someone said our hands went up so fast, it looked like we were competing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ). We were getting competition from [b]Mariael311 and theroyal4, someone else I forget, and then, fresh from her loss of dinner with Chico, Miss "I-Really Have to Join a 12-Step Program Called Auctions Anonymous" Settled started bidding, too. I told her that I was going to tell Mr. GG on her, and she finally put her hand down. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We kept ours up and won the lunch.

Where's Oceana? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] She was going to start off the lunch description.

I'm not being coy here, but with the sleep deprivation thing going on -- I just spelled sleep "speel" -- I'm going to save my stories until tomorrow. I had a short list of questions from others to ask Nick -- he was mocking me for reading them in kind of a businesslike way, so I tried a faked animated approach [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] -- but instead of just giving short answers, which he could have, he elaborated, went off on tangents, and gave very thoughtful answers. The best part of the whole thing was that it was a very natural conversation.

Hey, D4E!

Really have to get to bed! Night, all!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jero:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Gonna shower and hit the hay... [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Later,</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] This is exactly what son and I did! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Took us an hour to get turned around [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Vicki [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Meds kicking in so I'm off to bed [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Night all [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-10-2004, 10:22 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Oh, dear lord -- lost OTOs, wandering the highways, singing THAT BLOODY SONG!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>Oh, dear lord -- lost OTOs, wandering the highways, singing THAT BLOODY SONG!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You loved it and you know it!

I have to admit LORI has a GREAT voice for singing that song. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No wonder the 5 year old love her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is rather a pervasively annoying tune, isn't it? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Glad people are making it home safely, if not entirely accurately! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

hugs, Tas
Old 02-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

You loved it and you know it!

I have to admit LORI has a GREAT voice for singing that song. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No wonder the 5 year old love her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Why thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
It's part of my daily hit parade [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
That darn bus just keeps going and going and going [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Can you imagine car loads of OTOs singing that dang song [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

LTL!!! That is so great that you had a wonderful lunch with Nick [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I can't wait for details from you and Oceana [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, I'm off...I really am!

[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Lori