Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Ok, looking at the table in the post above, the first eppy had 5.2 million viewers and episode 5(Life of the Party) had 4.72 million viewers. I'm not quite sure yet on the number of viewers for Numero Cinco though based on the ratings it is going to be quite a bit lower. Since I don't have the number of viewers for Numero Cinco, I'm just gonna concentrate on the first five eppies in this post....here goes.

From episode one to episode five, the show has lost 500,000 viewers. This is an average loss of 125,000 viewers per week. This is NOT good. Last year the number of viewers per episode was very up and down. One week would be higher, the next lower, the next higher, and so on. As someone said last years ratings looked like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\...all up and down. We haven't seen that trend so far this year so far it has been down down down. And viewership for the latest eppy looks to take another dip so I'm getting kinda worried [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst2000:
<STRONG>Ok, looking at the table in the post above, the first eppy had 5.2 million viewers and episode 5(Life of the Party) had 4.72 million viewers. I'm not quite sure yet on the number of viewers for Numero Cinco though based on the ratings it is going to be quite a bit lower. Since I don't have the number of viewers for Numero Cinco, I'm just gonna concentrate on the first five eppies in this post....here goes.

From episode one to episode five, the show has lost 500,000 viewers. This is an average loss of 125,000 viewers per week. This is NOT good. Last year the number of viewers per episode was very up and down. One week would be higher, the next lower, the next higher, and so on. As someone said last years ratings looked like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\...all up and down. We haven't seen that trend so far this year so far it has been down down down. And viewership for the latest eppy looks to take another dip so I'm getting kinda worried [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The show has already been renewed for the rest of the season and many believe S5 will be the end. The only thing for us to worry about is the WB changing the time slot.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JanineW:
<STRONG>

The show has already been renewed for the rest of the season and many believe S5 will be the end. The only thing for us to worry about is the WB changing the time slot.</STRONG>
Well, if it had good numbers, it could get renewed for another year, but with these decreasing numbers I doubt it will *sigh* But the changing time slot could be a problem if viewership continues to drop. The WB might put a show behind Smallville that they think will retain more of the audience...but I'll watch no matter what night it is on [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Passionate Fan

The final ratings as reported by mediaweek are:

HH: 2.8/ 4
Viewers: 4.02 million

That is the lowest rating of the season. The episode lost 700,000 viewers versus last weeks episode, "Life Of The Party". It pretty much hit a season low. Maybe the demographics will be better.

-- Butterflies and Hurricanes ~ Muse
Old 11-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie:
<STRONG>The final ratings as reported by mediaweek are:

HH: 2.8/ 4
Viewers: 4.02 million

That is the lowest rating of the season. The episode lost 700,000 viewers versus last weeks episode, "Life Of The Party". It pretty much hit a season low. Maybe the demographics will be better.</STRONG>
so basically they've lost 1.2 million viewers from the first eppy...bad bad bad! Only a bit over 4 million viewers...that is on par with several of the episodes from last season *sigh* If this continues to be the case, they will definitely not be renewed and may very well lose the time slot that they have [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
At 9 p.m., "The Bachelor: The Women Tell All" put ABC in front with an 8.6/13. "The West Wing," 8.4/13, was a close second and actually drew a few more total viewers (12.44 million to ABC's 12.39 million). CBS dropped to third with "The King of Queens" and "Becker." FOX improved to 5.5/9 for the hour with "The O.C." "Angel," 2.9/4, kept The WB in fifth, beating "Jake 2.0" on UPN.
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Passionate Fan

2.9/4, not bad. It went up from last weeks 2.8/4. The downside is that it got a 3.1/5 in the first half hour then it fell to a 2.8/4 in the second half hour.

How can anyone not love Wesley?! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

little sad it was a very good ep. hopefully it will pic up!

Bhery
Old 11-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I fear for the future of this country when I see the ratings for garbage like "The Bachelor".

And I really have to wonder how anyone who watched the first half hour could possibly have skipped the second half.

Here's hoping Drusilla brings a bigger rating next week.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok:
<STRONG>I fear for the future of this country when I see the ratings for garbage like "The Bachelor".
</STRONG>
same here. i mean good drama/action/comedy over something as stupid as the bachlor its a sad world we live in

Bhery
Old 11-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Over at the WB, and thanks to Smallville (#4: 5.9/ 9), the network remains up year-to-year onWednesday by considerable proportions. Smallville beat UPN's Star Trek:Enterprise (#6: 4.1/ 6) by 44 percent last night. At 9 p.m., although thefrog net's Angel (#5: 4.0/ 6) continues to have a considerable advantage overUPN's competing Jake 2.0 (#6: 2.7/ 4), retention out of Smallville -- 68percent -- could be better. Retention for Jake 2.0 out of Enterprise waseven worse at 66 percent.

- Mediaweek.com!
Old 11-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Addicted Fan

ep1 Conviction: 3.4/5 and 5.2 million viewers
ep2 Just Rewards: 3.6/5 and 5.2 million viewers
ep3 Unleashed: 3.1/5 and 5.0 million viewers
ep4 Hellbound: 3.1/5 and 4.73 million viewers
ep5 Life of Party: 3.0/5 and 4.72 million viewers
ep6 Numero Cinco: 2.7/4 and 4.02 million viewers
ep7 Lineage: 3.1/5 and 4.75 million viewers

Wow, we finally see an increase in viewership from the previous week [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I think the main problem is that the show lost so many potential viewers early on with lack-luster episodes...and many of those viewers won't be coming back. For a show to do well, it usually has to have great episodes early on and Angel just didn't.

Also, I think people who haven't watched before this season or, at least, kept up with what was happening on the show had no clue what was going on in the show. They didn't give enough background for new viewers to the BTVS universe so these people just didn't tune back in. I think they could have garnered alot more of the Smallville audience if they had concentrated more on the background of the show for the first few episodes *shrug*

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited Cloudburst2000 ]

Old 11-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Passionate Fan

On the plus side, AtS is still in the top 50% among all WB shows. Tarzan has been cancelled, and the Thursday and Friday night lineups are a disaster area. The only real concern I have is Fearless. It seems to me that they'd want to put it in the Sunday slot that Tarzan just vacated, pairing it with Charmed. I really don't want to see them bump AtS off of Wednesday night.

Does anyone know if the Frog has made any scheduling decisions for Fearless?
Old 11-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Mediaweek posted the final ratings for "Lineage" and it was a vast improvement over last week. So, I guess people did love Wesley! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

HH: 3.1/ 5
Viewers: 4.75 million

I'm glad it was better than the preliminary numbers suggested it would be. It was a great episode.

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Frog has made any scheduling decisions for Fearless?
I read over at TWOP that the WB hasn't even started production on it yet. The actors are doing other things, but that they are still being held under contract.

edited because open tags are not my friends

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited Doogie ]

Old 11-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm glad it was better than the preliminary numbers suggested it would be. It was a great episode.
WORD

I can't wait to see if next week's bombshell will help us even more.