Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

The 100th episode was such a dissapointment(in ratings I mean). I'm thinking maybe that was the reason the show got the boot. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited ROCKSTAR ]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

How do they collect the data for the Nielsens?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasta Popsicle:
<STRONG>How do they collect the data for the Nielsens?</STRONG>
i think ur TV has it in the back and ti record wat show u watch but its compleatly unreliable cuz not eveyone has the neilson crp on their tv so its stupid

Bhery
Old 02-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I found the following on the net.

"The Neilson is based on the idea that if one takes a pint of liquid out of a tank car and it proves to be m ilk, one can assume the tank contains milk. This is in turns based on the idea that people are as homogeneous as the milk, a premise followed by networks and raters alike.

Originally the Neilson rating was determined by attaching a box to the back of television sets in 1500 homes carefully selected to represent a cross section, demographically, of the entire United States. This box recorded when the set was on and to what channel it was tuned minute by minute. Today, the Neilson company uses the PeopleMeter, an electronic device that does the same as the box did, but also records who is in the room with the set at the same time. By checking the records of what show was on what channel it is possible to determine how many sets were tuned to a particular show. The greatest drawback to the box was that it didn't tell how many, if indeed any, people were watching the set, only that the set was on. The PeopleMeter was devised to overcome this drawback (if people remember to punch their button on the meter when they enter or leave a room). On the basis of the results from the meters, the rating, a show can be canceled in a few weeks or continue for years."

So basically not every TV gets measured and included in the Nielson data - only if you are selected to have a box, I guess.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah. Doesn't it suck? I wonder what the real ratings are.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Absolute Fan

A Hole in the World -- 3.7/5

Grr. They dropped from last week. *sigh*

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Absolute Fan

... and I just realize that's the lowest they've been all season. What a load of crap. This episode was beyond phenomenal. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

What the hell is wrong with people? This episode was amazing! And this show keeps getting better and better or staying as excellent as ever. I don't understand it! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

From Mediaweek.com

Quote:
At 9 p.m., and based on the overnights, NBC's The West Wing (10.3/15) was No. 1 followed by the first hour of ABC's The Bachelorette (9.0/13), CBS comedies King of Queens (8.3/12) and a repeat of Everybody Loves Raymond (7.5/10), Fox's The O.C. (7.3/11), the WB's Angel (3.7/ 5)and a repeat of America's Next Top Model on UPN (2.9/ 4). As always, the pecking order was considerably different in the hour among adults 18-49 with The Bachelorette first (5.7/14) followed by The O.C. (4.7/12), King of Queens (4.5/11)/Everybody Loves Raymond (3.7/9), Angel (2.0/5) and the Top Model repeat (1.5/4). While we're on the subject of Top Model, word of advice to Tyra Banks: stick to modeling!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Fan

omg thats a bunch of bull. the ep was amazing!!

i bet ppl were over watching the sex on OC. god sometimes i wonder

u no wat i really dotn care baout the ratings they show absolutly nothing

Bhery
Old 02-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am on the verge of doing something violent.

How could such an amazing episode, directed by the man himself, get such low ratings? IMO all the other 9PM shows suck.

Whoever's not watching is missing out on a whole lot, that's for sure.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 02-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

What the hell does it take?? People only care about sex and naked people! I'm beyond furious!! [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] Bull*****!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Its incredibly frustrating. Its almost like people bailed on the show when the news broke about cancellation.

Whatever. F**k 'em. We have 7 more episodes left and I for one am going to worship every one of them like they deserve. Screw the mindless masses...
Old 02-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>What the hell does it take?? People only care about sex and naked people! I'm beyond furious!! [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] Bull*****!</STRONG>
Dont get me wrong i agree with you but i love the OC as well i tape angel and the oc and watch angel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Angel comes first in my book but the oc is funny and good... but i know what u mean the ratings have to be a bit hire i bet u if the oc wasnt on the same time as angel angel ratings would be a lot higher.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 02-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Nevermind then, closing this one now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread