Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I had it all typed out and was a little bitch and didn't post it So, rewriting...

Quote:
Also, did I ever mention that my friend was suspended for shaving in class? He was literally shaving his beard with an electric shaver
What a nice and normal person!

Quote:
If you put in that way... I woulnd't even let myself go
When I wrote that, I strongly reconsidered my life choices tbh

Quote:
oh I doubt it. I can be scary because I sometimes appear a little deranged but I guess if people can't deal with my brand of craziness, they'll probably be unhappy here
True, I think. I don't think I've ever seen you actually be scary, though

Quote:
The little Spanish I know is actually more of bugging me than helping while I'm trying to learn Portuguese. Because it's similar but not, you know what I mean?
Yeah, I do. I guess if you know Spanish very well, it can help, but not otherwise. But Portuguese is not all that different from French, is it? At least the structure is similar, I think. Or not. I don't know
I've said it once and I'll repeat myself: if you need any help, at all, talk to me. I've been told I'm a good teacher even (not sure how teaching Maths can transcend into portuguese, but still )

Quote:
I think it's highly probably that your parents are so calm because they made a deal with each other and bugged the hell out of Eug's room so careful what you say. And no drunk kissing!
Mocking me, are you? Yeah, the possibility of bugging is pretty distinct. THough I don't think our parents even know each other... Or do they?

Quote:
that shouldn't be a problem.
True! I sometimes think JM would be happier if Kalinda were to meet a very painful end, the poor thing

Quote:
but yeah it looks like a tomato and the inside is mushy and bitter, like an eggplant. Tried it once, I wouldn't eat it every day but I'm sure you can do interesting things with it like a jam maybe to balance the bitterness, or pickled, again to balance the bitterness with acid.
Oh, the creativity that goes into naming food Are you sure you can make that edible? I trust your culinary skills, but still I really think that scarlet eggplant is more used to scare children into doing chores more than it is an actual food. "Go clean your room or you'll eat scarlet eggplant for a week!"

Quote:
That wouldn't happen if you weren't blaming it all on your dog
It would, okay. I just don't have a wardrobe

1)Have you ever had to call 911 (or whatever number they have in your country)?
It's "190" over here. As much as I don't like to say bad things about my country, because I live in Brazil I've had to all the police a few times. I was robbed (attempted robbery twice and actually robbed once, with guns and all), I called in because I saw a car with it's windows smashed, I saw people being robbed about five times, there was some fighting on the street once and I was passing by car and I called the cops, I called because this guy was shot near my grandma's house and ended up bleeding in the front of her house (he lived!) and I reported my stupid neighbour for making all kinds of noises from 5pm to 3am. So, you know, all sorts of fun.

2)If you could have a superpower, which would it be and why?
I wish I could read minds or at least tell when someone is lying. Because I am dumb and I can't always tell when people are lying to me or what their intentions are and that makes me very angry

3)Whats the biggest compliment you ever received?
I don't know. Every compliment I receive means a whole lot to me but I don't know which would be the biggest.

4)How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully with a degree and a decent live. Dream scenario: working for the UN. But I'd settle for having the money to buy the books I wanted.

5)You and the love of your life are having a baby, and you get to choose the name! There’s only one catch: your partner INSISTS that it be the name of a place, real or fictional. What do you name your baby?
Well, I could name it Charlotte (North Carolina), but only if I didn't live in Brazil (the name as spoken by brazilians is something I don't find pretty at all). It could be Helena too (Montana). Or Catarina, I like this one (it would be after Santa Catarina, which is a state in Brazil). It could be Diego (San Diego) or Santiago (Santiago in Chile) for boys.

6)How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Physically? About 14 Mentally? 18~20.
Or if you mean which age I'd want to be, I'd say 16.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, I had it all typed out and was a little bitch and didn't post it So, rewriting...
Damn! That sucks so hard when it does that! And usually it's when I don't remember to copy my post before I hit submit

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen you actually be scary, though
People get scared by my zany sense of humor

Quote:
But Portuguese is not all that different from French, is it? At least the structure is similar, I think.
and a lot of words too.

Quote:
I've said it once and I'll repeat myself: if you need any help, at all, talk to me.
Awww between you, Joana and Nanda, I really have no good reason to be a boob at Portuguese!

Quote:
I've been told I'm a good teacher even (not sure how teaching Maths can transcend into portuguese, but still )
I'm sure you are! It's not easy being a good teacher, I know it. Knowing something well and being able to teach it to others well are two different things!

Quote:
Mocking me, are you?
Me? Never! well maybe a little

Quote:
THough I don't think our parents even know each other... Or do they?
They wouldn't tell you if they did!

Quote:
Are you sure you can make that edible? I trust your culinary skills, but still
No "but" after "I trust" and yes I'm pretty sure I can. It's just a question of balance really. Tastes are like primary colors. Bitter is counter-balanced with sour, salty and in a lesser measure with sweet. Ingredients like Brussel Sprouts have a bad rap because people don't know how to prepare them. Nobody would think of eating a lemon just like that. You use it in conjunction with other basic tastes. Same thing with bitter.

Quote:
I really think that scarlet eggplant is more used to scare children into doing chores more than it is an actual food. "Go clean your room or you'll eat scarlet eggplant for a week!"
"I think someone needs a Jiló diet" or "I'm warning you now! Don't make me go get the Jiló!"

Quote:
(attempted robbery twice and actually robbed once, with guns and all)
that must have been scary!

Quote:
So, you know, all sorts of fun.
Not a dull moment in Brazil

Quote:
Because I am dumb and I can't always tell when people are lying to me or what their intentions are and that makes me very angry
Hey hey you're not dumb and giving people the benefit of the doubt by nature is a good thing. It's people who are ****ed up, not you.

Quote:
Dream scenario: working for the UN. But I'd settle for having the money to buy the books I wanted.
Heh UN or the Lottery, I like your way of thinking.

Quote:
5)You and the love of your life are having a baby, and you get to choose the name! There’s only one catch: your partner INSISTS that it be the name of a place, real or fictional. What do you name your baby?
best question ever!

Quote:
(the name as spoken by brazilians is something I don't find pretty at all)
Right? That's a problem here too! Charlotte is fine but there are many names I'd love for kids that just would be butchered by teachers, family and kids!

Quote:
It could be Diego (San Diego) or Santiago (Santiago in Chile) for boys.
I those. Not that I didn't like the girl names but I always liked those.

Quote:
6)How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Physically? About 14 Mentally? 18~20.
hey young at heart

Some more?
- If you were ever in trouble, who would you call to help you out?
- If you were ever in trouble, which *fictional character* would you call for help?
- What's your favorite thing to eat? (can be a piece of candy, can be a specific cuisine, a dish, whatever)
- What is the movie you have seen the most often?
- Who is your oldest friend?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Hm... Carol is at Euge's for a while so maybe you want to take those, M? We can get on you now

Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm going to Argentina on Friday morning, I just didn't answer before because I was terribly busy. But yeah, if M would like to take over, that would be nice

Quote:
and a lot of words too.
True! That's always helpful as well.

Quote:
Tastes are like primary colors. Bitter is counter-balanced with sour, salty and in a lesser measure with sweet. Ingredients like Brussel Sprouts have a bad rap because people don't know how to prepare them. Nobody would think of eating a lemon just like that. You use it in conjunction with other basic tastes. Same thing with bitter.
oh, that's really interesting. I never quite understood the problem people have with brussel sprouts though. And I eat lemon just like that okay (seriously, I do. Only it may be a lime? there is something confusing about those )

Quote:
"I think someone needs a Jiló diet" or "I'm warning you now! Don't make me go get the Jiló!"
Exactly!

Quote:
you're not dumb and giving people the benefit of the doubt by nature is a good thing. It's people who are ****ed up, not you.
In theory, that is all very good. In reality, it sucks

Quote:
Heh UN or the Lottery, I like your way of thinking.
Doesn't even need to be the lottery! A well paying job that leaves me time to read is good enough

If you were ever in trouble, who would you call to help you out?
Probably my mom, though I don't think she'd solve things very well. My bff's mom would probably be my second call and she would sure make things go my way

If you were ever in trouble, which *fictional character* would you call for help?
Nikita! If she was my friend and all, she'd basically do everything to help me and she is badass.

What's your favorite thing to eat? (can be a piece of candy, can be a specific cuisine, a dish, whatever)
I really really like chocotonnes.

What is the movie you have seen the most often?
Um. Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Freaky Friday, The Incredibles, Harry Potter (all of them but specially the Philosopher's Stone) and recently, Pitch Perfect (aka the movie I left playing in the background while studying so I wouldn't fall asleep and have some fun).

Who is your oldest friend?
Her name is Marcelle and I met het a little before I turned two years old and she is great and amazing
Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Hm... Carol is at Euge's for a while so maybe you want to take those, M? We can get on you now
Waaaaaahhhh I`m being thrown onto the hotseat??? Hahahaha *bracing oneself* Off course, honeys, bring it on

Ps. Are you really sure you want to give it up already ?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm going to Argentina on Friday morning, I just didn't answer before because I was terribly busy
Yeah I thought so we'll miss you (well, everyone except Eug! ) but I know you'll have a great time!

Quote:
I never quite understood the problem people have with brussel sprouts though
it's very alkaline so I guess it's too bitter for most people.

Quote:
And I eat lemon just like that okay (seriously, I do. Only it may be a lime? there is something confusing about those )
I used to, it's very refreshing, but then my stomach told me it probably wasn't a great idea so I stopped.

Quote:
In reality, it sucks
It only gets better

Quote:
Probably my mom, though I don't think she'd solve things very well
your trust is heart-warming.

Quote:
My bff's mom would probably be my second call and she would sure make things go my way
choices choices. Why don't you call your friend first then?

Quote:
Nikita! If she was my friend and all, she'd basically do everything to help me and she is badass.
Good answer! I would have answered Kalinda but she probably wouldn't help me because she doesn't know me and she only really helps her friends. Plus, if she's busy helping Alicia already, I'm screwed.

Quote:
I really really like chocotonnes.
I have no idea what that is oh wait... is it like a panettone with chocolate?

Quote:
and recently, Pitch Perfect (aka the movie I left playing in the background while studying so I wouldn't fall asleep and have some fun).
that's been quite a hit apparently. Lily keeps telling me to try it so I guess I will. Isn't Alicia's Caitlin in the movie?

Quote:
Her name is Marcelle and I met het a little before I turned two years old and she is great and amazing
Awww and you're still friends? That's brilliant!

Quote:
Waaaaaahhhh I`m being thrown onto the hotseat??? Hahahaha *bracing oneself* Off course, honeys, bring it on
you're on!

I'd love to start with the Actors Studio questionnaire even though it's not the most quirky

- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Fluff!

I think my teasing about the seat being hot, can and will be used against me in the court of the hotseat

Thanks for the questions!

- What is your favorite word?
That depends how you mean it, there are several words that I love because of their meaning and the way they roll of the tongue, `mesmerizing` or `overwhelming`. I love the Spanish word for being in love `Enamorada`. I love the word `love` trying to capture what is not possible to capture.

- What is your least favorite word?
I think that would be `impossible`. I always like to look for possibitities, and when you run out, and have to tell a patient that, it’s the worst thing of my job.

- What turns you?On the street you mean? Injustice being done. I am one of those people who can`t shut up, so in that case I would turn around and say something about it. In a positive light I think a pair of Kalinda boots (the sound of them ) could make me turn around as well

- What turns you off?
Arrogance. Without a doubt.

- What is your favorite curse word?Gatsie de kip. Silly to explain, but when something is disgusting in Mexico my girl always says `Guacala de pollo`. She hates to curse, can`t even get it through her lips, something I don’t have issues with btw, but if you translate this it would roughly mean, urgggg the chicken, we translated it in dutch and use that now, it`s quite cute.

The sound of my girlfriend`s laughter

- What sound or noise do you hate?`
`Uhhuh` The sound that ppl make when they are clearly not paying attention to what you say but want to assure you they do

- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Good question! It`s amazing how long I spend wondering about this one and when it came to me I was like `Helloooo ding dong!` I would love to be an author

- What profession would you not like to do?
A soldier. I`m not that good following orders without question, (and definitely not when it could involve killing someone) and I think (especially) in critical conditions that could be quite important .

- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
`Welcome?` Haahha no seriously. I think I`d like to hear that I did well and that the people I left behind will be ok? Or perhaps: `What are you doing here’ Its not your time yet!`
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think my teasing about the seat being hot, can and will be used against me in the court of the hotseat
just count yourself lucky that my friend Lily is not on the board anymore because you'd have known the meaning of "hot" seat

Quote:
That depends how you mean it, there are several words that I love because of their meaning and the way they roll of the tongue
that's exactly what I meant by it.

Quote:
`mesmerizing` or `overwhelming`. I love the Spanish word for being in love `Enamorada`.
Oh I like those. They do roll off the tongue!

Quote:
I love the word `love` trying to capture what is not possible to capture.
So true.
Probably one of the most overused word in any language these days. And the one word that can't accurately describe what you're feeling when you're really feeling it.

Quote:
I think that would be `impossible`. I always like to look for possibitities, and when you run out, and have to tell a patient that, it’s the worst thing of my job.
I can't imagine.

Quote:
- What turns you?On the street you mean?
actually there's a word missing here. The question was "what turns you on?

Quote:
Injustice being done. I am one of those people who can`t shut up, so in that case I would turn around and say something about it.
Great answer though

Quote:
In a positive light I think a pair of Kalinda boots (the sound of them ) could make me turn around as well
and that works well for the real question

Quote:
Gatsie de kip. Silly to explain, but when something is disgusting in Mexico my girl always says `Guacala de pollo`. She hates to curse, can`t even get it through her lips, something I don’t have issues with btw, but if you translate this it would roughly mean, urgggg the chicken, we translated it in dutch and use that now, it`s quite cute.
it's not silly, it's awesome! Inventing new words in any language is very liberating especially when it's for teasing but not only.

Quote:
The sound of my girlfriend`s laughter
Awww that's sweet. I generally like the sound of laughter but I must admit that when a loved one laughs, it's like music

Quote:
`Uhhuh` The sound that ppl make when they are clearly not paying attention to what you say but want to assure you they do
Uhuh.
yeah I know what you mean. Active listening is a pet peeve of mine.

Quote:
`Helloooo ding dong!` I would love to be an author
Sometimes the hardest answers are the ones staring you in the face because like you say "Hello!" it's so obvious that you don't even think of it as something that needs to be thought of

Quote:
A soldier. I`m not that good following orders without question, (and definitely not when it could involve killing someone) and I think (especially) in critical conditions that could be quite important .
Yep you'd make a lousy soldier, it's official. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm not sure it's something people choose to be anymore. It's more circumstances.

Quote:
`Welcome?` Haahha no seriously. I think I`d like to hear that I did well and that the people I left behind will be ok? Or perhaps: `What are you doing here’ Its not your time yet!`
Greedy!

Now the Archie questionnaire! Should have started with this one!

- Who would you be if you could swap places for a day?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- What's the first thing you do in the morning?
- What's the last thing you think about at night?
- Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?
- Which designer labels do you own?
- Who are your favourite writers?
- What is your favourite building?
- Arthouse or multiplex?
- What's on my want-to-see list right now?
- Pyjamas or au naturel?
- Love is...?
- What do you believe in?
- What have you loved and lost?
- What makes you blush?
- What would be the soundtrack to your life?
- What brings out the devil in you?
- Sum yourself up in five words.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Whuahahahha Yes I would make a lousy soldier... I already had some trouble working in the hospital for a year. Luckily at a certain point I figured out which attending I should ask which question to get the answer I was looking for. Because I never do anything without question, just because someone tells me to. I need to see reason, and I want to take care of my patient and not just follow a protocol. So yes, I`d be a lousy soldier.

Nice questions Hope I did them justice!

- Who would you be if you could swap places for a day?
JM in order to reverse all the chaos she caused and to see WTH she is thinking Of course maybe getting to spend some time with Archie wouldn`t be all bad

My grandpa

Snooooooooooooze

I like to fall asleep writing stories in my head.

- Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?
I have seen some bad outcomes of (elective) surgeries, so I would never go under the knife is it wasn’t absolutely necessary.

Which designer labels do you own?
Levis. Nike. Lacoste (perfume ) Adidas. Benetton (My suitcase) Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors

Marilyn French, Auel, Sarah Waters. I actually love a great deal of authors.

Chichen Itza I think, all the Mayan structures are so beautifully built.

- Arthouse or multiplex? Arthouse. Although some multiplex movies are really surprisingly good and I watch them more often, but Arthouse is always good (although at times incomprehensible LOL).

The Niagra Falls. I love waterfalls, they fascinate me.

- Pyjamas or au naturel?

Do you know how hot it is in Mexico????????

- Love is...?
In one word I would have to say: `her` or `everything` which for me is a synonym . There is a saying I love: Love doesn`t make the world go round, but it makes the ride worthwhile.

- What do you believe in?

Love

- What have you loved and lost?
My greatgrandmother, my grandfather, my uncle. My confidence and myself, at times, but ive been lucky enough to find those 2 again.

- What makes you blush?
Writing sexscenes in fanfic.

- What would be the soundtrack to your life?
Would be full of Ballads I think. ‘The story’ would be in it, as well as Nick Cave`s `into my arms` and `Hold your hand` the way it was performed in Glee. Some funny song`s like `I believe in miracles` and some sad ones like `Papa can you hear me`

- What brings out the devil in you?
People passing judgement without knowing what they are talking about. And then, particularly, when they don`t want to listen to reason. A co-worker once called me a racist. Not a smart thing to do (especially since I just got out of a nightshift) and a dear friend of mine said I had been so fierce she was a little scared…

Honest, passionate, loyal, chaotic, open
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would make a lousy soldier... I already had some trouble working in the hospital for a year.
that's what I hear from most private practice doctors.

Quote:
Because I never do anything without question, just because someone tells me to. I need to see reason, and I want to take care of my patient and not just follow a protocol.
That's the right approach, imo. People make mistakes. Following orders blindly only perpetuate those mistakes. Besides, if you don't ask, how can you learn?

I can't find the exact quote but I remember something about the road to knowledge being paved with silly questions that doesn't sound like the quote at all but the meaning is pretty close.

Quote:
Nice questions Hope I did them justice!
It's a tradition in the hotseat and I didn't make them up actually, it's a questionnaire Archie replied to in a Scottish newspaper yeeeears back (2004) when she was filming Sea of Souls there.

Quote:
JM in order to reverse all the chaos she caused and to see WTH she is thinking Of course maybe getting to spend some time with Archie wouldn`t be all bad
DAMN!! Good answer!

Quote:
My grandpa
Awww

Quote:
Snooooooooooooze
you're a "5 more minute" kinda girl?

Quote:
I like to fall asleep writing stories in my head.
I tried that! But then my mind wakes up and wants to write

Quote:
I have seen some bad outcomes of (elective) surgeries, so I would never go under the knife is it wasn’t absolutely necessary.
and really if you're that unhappy with your appearance, can surgery fix it? It seems more like a psychological issue than a physical one.

Quote:
Which designer labels do you own?
Levis. Nike. Lacoste (perfume ) Adidas. Benetton (My suitcase) Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors
wow. That's quite a list.

Quote:
Marilyn French, Auel, Sarah Waters. I actually love a great deal of authors.
It's so hard for me to answer those questions. I'm not good at making lists of preferences. I start with what's off the top of my head and then keep adding stuff until I have 30 answers in no particular order

Quote:
Chichen Itza I think, all the Mayan structures are so beautifully built.
Nice! Have you had the chance to see a lot of them now that you're in Mexico?

Quote:
Arthouse. Although some multiplex movies are really surprisingly good and I watch them more often, but Arthouse is always good (although at times incomprehensible LOL).
Well, at least they're surprising. Not always good but multiplex movies tend to be less than surprising. Totally predictable in fact.
Apparently they must think that some people like it since most trailers or posters feature big bold words like "By the team of..." and sequels are being made 20 years after the original movies so (yes, Jurassic Park, I'm looking at you )

Quote:
The Niagra Falls. I love waterfalls, they fascinate me.
And this is an impressive one! Why the fascination? Water, gravity?
Quote:
- Pyjamas or au naturel?
Do you know how hot it is in Mexico????????
oh Lily would love that answer!

Quote:
- Love is...?
In one word I would have to say: `her` or `everything` which for me is a synonym . There is a saying I love: Love doesn`t make the world go round, but it makes the ride worthwhile.
Awww that's a lovely answer

Quote:
My confidence and myself, at times, but ive been lucky enough to find those 2 again.
With a little help from friends?

Quote:
- What makes you blush?
Writing sexscenes in fanfic.

Quote:
and some sad ones like `Papa can you hear me`
What a beautiful song.

Quote:
People passing judgement without knowing what they are talking about.
That's usually the reason people pass judgement. otherwise, they would shut it.

Quote:
And then, particularly, when they don`t want to listen to reason. A co-worker once called me a racist. Not a smart thing to do (especially since I just got out of a nightshift) and a dear friend of mine said I had been so fierce she was a little scared…
it's good to be scary when confronting morons. They won't bother you again after that.

Quote:
Honest, passionate, loyal, chaotic, open
Heh chaos is a way of life

- What is your favourite TV show of all time ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it?
- What's the best gift you've gotten from anyone?
- What would be at least one of the top 3 things on your life "to-do" list?
- If you were ever in trouble, which fictional character would you call to help you out?
- What is the last thing that made you laugh?
- Do you have pets?
- What can't you go without?

Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's the right approach, imo. People make mistakes. Following orders blindly only perpetuate those mistakes. Besides, if you don't ask, how can you learn?
My sentiments exactly!

Quote:
I can't find the exact quote but I remember something about the road to knowledge being paved with silly questions that doesn't sound like the quote at all but the meaning is pretty close.
Hahaha That sounds like one I could live by!

Quote:
you're a "5 more minute" kinda girl?
Oh yes....

Quote:
I tried that! But then my mind wakes up and wants to write
Hence the notebook by my bed

Quote:
and really if you're that unhappy with your appearance, can surgery fix it? It seems more like a psychological issue than a physical one.
Its a good question, and I think in most cases you are right, although ppl can be cruel as well, especially when there are scars, burns or things like that involved...

Quote:
wow. That's quite a list.
I have to be honest here, I had to ask my gf`s help... There was a time where I didn`t own any at all, but then I caved for sport-shoes, since the nike ones are extremely comfortable. Levis Jeans was my next sin. I never buy things JUST BECAUSE they are of a certain brand. I mean, I have to really like it. I don't own designer tshirts or things like that. Perfumes yes, I love the touch of pink by Lacoste very much.

Quote:
It's so hard for me to answer those questions. I'm not good at making lists of preferences. I start with what's off the top of my head and then keep adding stuff until I have 30 answers in no particular order
Right there with you...

Quote:
Nice! Have you had the chance to see a lot of them now that you're in Mexico?
Yes I did, and they are indeed fascinating! There even is a archeological zone in the little town where we live

Quote:
And this is an impressive one! Why the fascination? Water, gravity?
I actually have no idea. I just love them, the sound the smell the sight... Makes me happy

Quote:
oh Lily would love that answer!
Send her over with a list of questions!

Quote:
With a little help from friends?
Indeed!

Quote:
What a beautiful song.
I love it, it always reminds me of my grandpa
Quote:
it's good to be scary when confronting morons. They won't bother you again after that.
Actually, when they are really that bad, ive learned myself to not bother anymore. I mean, it only costs me energy and they wont learn anyway.

Quote:
Heh chaos is a way of life
Oh yes... It sure is

- What is your favourite TV show of all time ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it?
I have a thing with quoting lines, actually. There is a quite useless piece of my brain set aside for that. I link real life situations with things I saw in movies and series, and quote them. So I have quite a few series like the ones u described. I love `The Good Wife` obviously, but have only discovered it recently and haven`t seen them all so have to scratch that. I think Grey`s anatomy, The L-word, Friends, the Nanny (really, I quote a LOOOOT from her hahaha) from the top of my head.

Besides my baby`s heart, you mean? let me think. When I went to college and got my own place, my mom made a little book with pictures, recipes, stories and such, it was very sweet and I still look at it at times. I also still have a watch my grandpa gave me when I was a kid.

Have children. And do something good in the world (maybe to compensate for my rotten kids? )

- If you were ever in trouble, which fictional character would you call to help you out?
Why, Kalinda of course, because if she would exist, she would certainly be my friend (Ahum…) (That was meant sarcastically btw )I think it depends what kind of trouble, although I think Kalinda has the kind of mind that can fix almost any kind… Kalinda it is.

Your PM
- Do you have pets?
Yes, we have a pup called Max, he is almost 6 months now and according to Karli behaving terribly since I am not there

- What can't you go without?
What, meaning an object… Hmmm I was thinking my laptop (another great gift btw ), because then at least I`d have my pictures and my writing and a way of communication…
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hence the notebook by my bed
my handwriting is terrible when I'm in bed and I don't write fast enough for my brain anyway. I prefer typing. Also I can't just write down an idea, I write down whole fics (well not "whole" because that would be too practical, only like 80% )

Quote:
Its a good question, and I think in most cases you are right, although ppl can be cruel as well, especially when there are scars, burns or things like that involved...
Well that's corrective surgery. I can totally understand that. As well as people being a-holes. I don't get women who look great, and age great and who get surgery that makes them look like bad caricatures of human beings (like Daryl Hannah )
I mean if it makes them happy, then fine. Just not sure it does. It's a slippery slope.

Quote:
I have to be honest here, I had to ask my gf`s help...
another thing that straight women can't do. Well, unless they're married to a fashion forward guy who is also straight and they are rare

Quote:
Yes I did, and they are indeed fascinating! There even is a archeological zone in the little town where we live
That's cool! We don't learn enough about the Mayan civilization in Europe, I think. Our education is very Europe-centric. Well, it used to be Frenchie French but that changed a little bit.
They keep discovering ruins in Paris these days, which is not good for them because it means the building they had planned has to stop.
When I was in Marseille, they literally couldn't dig for underground parking downtown without finding new stuff. Greek or Roman or both. But hey, learning from your past is a good thing. They can hold off on the parking lots for a while.

Quote:
Send her over with a list of questions!
oh she definitely would make the hot seat "hot". She's uh... what's the word? Shameless

Quote:
I love it, it always reminds me of my grandpa
Same here. I loved it before but since my grandpa died, it took on a whole new layer of meanings.

Quote:
Actually, when they are really that bad, ive learned myself to not bother anymore. I mean, it only costs me energy and they wont learn anyway.
Prejudices are tough to beat. No use wasting energy on those who have them already. Energy is best spent on the young ones who can still learn. That's how we get rid of them.

Quote:
I have a thing with quoting lines, actually. There is a quite useless piece of my brain set aside for that.
I know how that works! I used to be able to list every director, guest or crew member for any of the 200+ episodes of the Xfiles. I'm convinced part of my brain is stamped "random and useless knowledge". My sister calls it Carlapedia or Fluffypedia. It's crazy really. And I still have to check my phone when someone asks me for my number

Quote:
Besides my baby`s heart, you mean?
awwwwwwww so cute that sounds like something I might say (I'm sure I said it several times actually )

Quote:
When I went to college and got my own place, my mom made a little book with pictures, recipes, stories and such, it was very sweet and I still look at it at times.
That was a really nice idea. I hope I can steal it one day (the idea, not your Mom book )

Quote:
Have children. And do something good in the world (maybe to compensate for my rotten kids? )
I read the first part of your answer and I was ready to type "well having kids and raising them right, that's doing something for the world already" but yeah you make a good point

Quote:
Why, Kalinda of course, because if she would exist, she would certainly be my friend (Ahum…)
we had a conversation about that in the K thread a couple of years back. And had to admit that she probably wouldn't be friends with any of us

Quote:

Your PM
I'm glad to read that. I aim to please.

Quote:
Yes, we have a pup called Max, he is almost 6 months now and according to Karli behaving terribly since I am not there
are you usually the discipline? or is it just because he misses you?

Quote:
What, meaning an object… Hmmm I was thinking my laptop (another great gift btw ), because then at least I`d have my pictures and my writing and a way of communication…
An object is fine. I can relate. I need my laptop even though the one I have now is humongous and I'd probably need a small cart to carry it around but yeah it's my connection to the world, and all the lovely people in it. Okay, some lovelier than others

New questions?

- Favorite TGW character (besides Kalinda )?
- Favorite TGW episode?
- If you could play a guest character in TGW, who/what would you be?
- If you could recast one (or more) characters in TGW with other actors, who would it be?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What do you do to relax?
- What's your favorite dish to cook? (if you cook)

Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
my handwriting is terrible when I'm in bed and I don't write fast enough for my brain anyway. I prefer typing. Also I can't just write down an idea, I write down whole fics (well not "whole" because that would be too practical, only like 80% )
I have to say I prefer typing too, especially since, when I have written in a notebook and I type it out, I tend to change things I shouldn`t LOL. But writing down idea`s I do occasionally, with a million arrows, links, orders to myself, until I don't get it anymore LOL

Quote:
Well that's corrective surgery. I can totally understand that. As well as people being a-holes. I don't get women who look great, and age great and who get surgery that makes them look like bad caricatures of human beings (like Daryl Hannah )
I mean if it makes them happy, then fine. Just not sure it does. It's a slippery slope.
You should look up the Dutch Marijke Helwegen

Quote:
another thing that straight women can't do. Well, unless they're married to a fashion forward guy who is also straight and they are rare
In dutch they are called Metro men. (Mode, which is fashion, and Hetero combined) and it seems they are not such a rare breed anymore. but REALLLy I wouldn't know hihih

Quote:
oh she definitely would make the hot seat "hot". She's uh... what's the word? Shameless
Hahahaha shameless is good!

Quote:
Same here. I loved it before but since my grandpa died, it took on a whole new layer of meanings.
Yes, my grandfather passed away as well, maybe that's why I chose the song...

Quote:
Prejudices are tough to beat. No use wasting energy on those who have them already. Energy is best spent on the young ones who can still learn. That's how we get rid of them.
Everyone is prejudiced... The trick is to differentiate the ones who are still `possible to change`. Once I was doing an internship, and one of the attendings was saying how two of the female nurses in his staff were getting married, and he didn`t know what to get them. And then one of the other interns (a male one) was all like: `Ohhh and which one of those is the guy in the relationship` and those kind of remarks. At a certain point I was sick of it and asked him if I should feel offended by his remarks. He obviously hadn't realized I was gay. His face was priceless... Anyway I talked to him later and he apologized, and it seemed like he gained some insight in the matter... Let`s hope its true.

Quote:
I know how that works! I used to be able to list every director, guest or crew member for any of the 200+ episodes of the Xfiles. I'm convinced part of my brain is stamped "random and useless knowledge". My sister calls it Carlapedia or Fluffypedia. It's crazy really. And I still have to check my phone when someone asks me for my number
Fluffypedia! Coooool

Quote:
That was a really nice idea. I hope I can steal it one day (the idea, not your Mom book )
Of course, you should!

Quote:
I read the first part of your answer and I was ready to type "well having kids and raising them right, that's doing something for the world already" but yeah you make a good point
Whuhahahaha

Quote:
are you usually the discipline? or is it just because he misses you?
Yes, I am very strict. The same action always has the same consequence with me, and Max know is.... Now if my gf would learn... Hhahahahahaa

Quote:
An object is fine. I can relate. I need my laptop even though the one I have now is humongous and I'd probably need a small cart to carry it around but yeah it's my connection to the world, and all the lovely people in it. Okay, some lovelier than others
Hahahahaha really? That big?

- Favorite TGW character (besides Kalinda )?

Of the regulars I would choose Diane, I really admire her strength and when she went to `break up` with the pro deo legal department she showed such a lovely side of her. If it doesn’t have to be a regular I`d chose Elsbeth, she just cracks me up!

- Favorite TGW episode? The one with the death row appeal were Kalinda stays with Alicia. Also (and ppl are going to hit me for this) the one where Alicia tells Kalinda she knows about her and Peter. Because of Kalinda`s breakdown in the elevator.

- If you could play a guest character in TGW, who/what would you be? Kalinda`s new love interest, only put there to make Alicia jealous? I kinda would like to be a judge, with my own quirk LOL So… That combined and we have a nice timebomb LOL

- If you could recast one (or more) characters in TGW with other actors, who would it be?
Woaaa, good question. The first one coming to mind was Alicia, but that’s more because of Jules way of saying things in a less than diplomatic matter than the way she portrays the part, because she does so brilliantly. And if I were in casting, that should be what I am looking for. So actually, in casting, I think I wouldn’t change a thing…

- Do you have a nickname?
I have several. When I was younger one of them used to be smth like`bad luck charm` because I always had a way of stumbling and forgetting things that were very unlucky and unfortunate LOL. One of my best friends calls me `Chick` always, and my gf calls me al sorts of cute names. Because my name is a little difficult to pronounce, it`s sometimes shortened to `Ma` which earned me the nickname `mom` as well (mayyyyybe my behavior had a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit to do with it as well)

- What do you do to relax? Write, read, talk, kiss, not necessarily in that order

- What's your favorite dish to cook? (if you cook)-
Oh dear… LOL… I`m not the one who regularly cooks, but ive been told I make a mean pasta, and some dutch pastries come, not too bad, out of my pots and pans. I like to prepare ham at Christmas time. But, well yeah… I don`t know… I should cook more!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have to say I prefer typing too, especially since, when I have written in a notebook and I type it out, I tend to change things I shouldn`t LOL.
I tend not to be able to decipher words.

Quote:
You should look up the Dutch Marijke Helwegen
They all end up looking exactly the same!

Quote:
In dutch they are called Metro men. (Mode, which is fashion, and Hetero combined) and it seems they are not such a rare breed anymore. but REALLLy I wouldn't know hihih
we have that here too but I'm honestly not so sure about the hetero part.

Quote:
And then one of the other interns (a male one) was all like: `Ohhh and which one of those is the guy in the relationship`
and that's the kind of things I get from my mother when she talks about her gay neighbors, whom she loves. She's from another generation altogether but still... sometimes it just pisses me off and I go "there are two guys in that relationship, nobody's the wife. If they wanted a woman, they wouldn't be gay"
She used to be completely homophobic so it's a step up but it's still the kind of remarks that makes you realize she only considers straight couples as the reference.

Quote:
I was sick of it and asked him if I should feel offended by his remarks. He obviously hadn't realized I was gay. His face was priceless
he's probably also the type who thinks that lesbians look like men and that all gay guys swish their hands a lot and talk in high pitched voices.

Quote:
Anyway I talked to him later and he apologized, and it seemed like he gained some insight in the matter... Let`s hope its true
I honestly think a lot of people would be more accepting if they were less ignorant of what goes on around them. A friend of mine was telling me that her bf was talking about how he didn't "mind gay people" but that he didn't really know any so why should he care? And she was like "it's not up to me to out people but I think you should take a look around you". Turns out their neighbor is gay, and so is his best friend at work. Hello?

Quote:
Fluffypedia! Coooool
Fluffypedia: everything you never really wanted to know or cared about.

Quote:
Yes, I am very strict. The same action always has the same consequence with me, and Max know is.... Now if my gf would learn... Hhahahahahaa
he's going to get so spoiled!

Quote:
Of the regulars I would choose Diane, I really admire her strength
when I think she was meant to be a bitchy boss type! Thank the Gods for Baranski!

Quote:
If it doesn’t have to be a regular I`d chose Elsbeth, she just cracks me up!
Heh I'd watch an Elsbeth/Kalinda spinoff. If they throw a Patti Nyholm partnership, even better

Quote:
The one with the death row appeal were Kalinda stays with Alicia.
Nine Hours! Definitely in my Top 3!

Quote:
Also (and ppl are going to hit me for this) the one where Alicia tells Kalinda she knows about her and Peter. Because of Kalinda`s breakdown in the elevator.
you know, we talked about it in the A/K thread I think and I believe, even though it led to dire consequences, that this episode is beloved by most A/K fans. Just because it really shows the depth of their feelings. In the way Alicia reacts and the way Kalinda quite uncharacteristically breaks down. It's something we never saw before and Archie is just so good in that whole sequence

Quote:
If you could play a guest character in TGW, who/what would you be? Kalinda`s new love interest, only put there to make Alicia jealous?
just to make Alicia jealous ofc

Quote:
I kinda would like to be a judge, with my own quirk LOL
Kalinda and a judge. Hm. I sense a prompt coming

Quote:
When I was younger one of them used to be smth like`bad luck charm`
thats not nice!

Quote:
Because my name is a little difficult to pronounce, it`s sometimes shortened to `Ma` which earned me the nickname `mom` as well (mayyyyybe my behavior had a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit to do with it as well)
Haha the motherly type, are you?

Quote:
- What do you do to relax? Write, read, talk, kiss, not necessarily in that order
sometimes several pf those at once?

Quote:
But, well yeah… I don`t know… I should cook more!
Your lady does the cooking or it's take-out every night?

- What's your go-to "feel good" movie or music?
- What"s your favorite thing to eat?
- What was you best vacation ever?
- Who would you take with you on a desert island (3 people max.)?
- What would be your perfect day?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Woopssssss I thought I had responded already before I remembered there was this question I had such trouble answering I put of posting for a little... stupid me at times...

Quote:
I tend not to be able to decipher words.
Hahaha I have that same trouble at times, but it`s always better than coming up with that one missing sentence and having forgotten it the next day

Quote:
They all end up looking exactly the same!
Hahaha Yes I agree, if too much is done, they do. I don't understand either, because I think those little wrinkles and things just make someone more attractive... But hey, that's just me...

Quote:
we have that here too but I'm honestly not so sure about the hetero part.
Hahahah I hear you, there was a guy in my med-class who always dressed great! Once he made a very ignorant remark about homosexuality, and since I liked the guy I took the time to educate... He`s living together with his boyfriend now for some years already... I wonder if that earns me a toasterover too....

Quote:
and that's the kind of things I get from my mother when she talks about her gay neighbors, whom she loves. She's from another generation altogether but still... sometimes it just pisses me off and I go "there are two guys in that relationship, nobody's the wife. If they wanted a woman, they wouldn't be gay"
She used to be completely homophobic so it's a step up but it's still the kind of remarks that makes you realize she only considers straight couples as the reference.
I even had the remark: `Oh my god, you do groceryshopping, just like everyone else...` I think I told you that already, now that I`m typing it... It was a classic though LOL

Quote:
he's probably also the type who thinks that lesbians look like men and that all gay guys swish their hands a lot and talk in high pitched voices.
People spot those people as gay from a 100 ft away (a 100ft-er), and since they don`t recognize the less obvious LGB`s they think they are straight.... People are weird... Sigh

Quote:
I honestly think a lot of people would be more accepting if they were less ignorant of what goes on around them. A friend of mine was telling me that her bf was talking about how he didn't "mind gay people" but that he didn't really know any so why should he care? And she was like "it's not up to me to out people but I think you should take a look around you". Turns out their neighbor is gay, and so is his best friend at work. Hello?
Oh man... I hate the sentence that starts with `Oh... Im as openminded as the next person...` There always comes a `BUT` after that. Once I was talking with a friend at lunch who was having boytrouble. So she said, like a jest, she should become a lesbian to avoid the issue, and we went on from there. A girl from our year arrived and heard like half the conversation and said: `Ohhh Im as openminded as the next person, but really I wouldn't want to sit at a table with a person like that.` Everyone got very quiet when I calmly asked her if that meant she was leaving or she wanted me to go...

Quote:
Fluffypedia: everything you never really wanted to know or cared about.
I bet we can find some use for that

Quote:
he's going to get so spoiled!
Oh man! You betcha!

Quote:
Heh I'd watch an Elsbeth/Kalinda spinoff. If they throw a Patti Nyholm partnership, even better
That would be hilarious! And I still think you should post it as a prompt at the ficathon

Quote:
you know, we talked about it in the A/K thread I think and I believe, even though it led to dire consequences, that this episode is beloved by most A/K fans. Just because it really shows the depth of their feelings. In the way Alicia reacts and the way Kalinda quite uncharacteristically breaks down. It's something we never saw before and Archie is just so good in that whole sequence
Archie is amazing indeed... That episode really made me cry...

Quote:
just to make Alicia jealous ofc
Yup.... of course there will be some serious making out in order to do so... but HEY, all for a good cause...

Quote:
Kalinda and a judge. Hm. I sense a prompt coming
Sounds like a plan

Quote:
Haha the motherly type, are you?
Yup....

Quote:
sometimes several of those at once?
Hahahaha

Quote:
Your lady does the cooking or it's take-out every night?
Take your pick of either of the above... Those are the choices

- What's your go-to "feel good" movie or music? Feel Good? Then I am a shameless romantic LOL Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, You`ve got mail, Mamma Mia. Those sort of things.
- What"s your favorite thing to eat? I love something that’s called `milanesa’ its sort of like wiener schnitzel I think comes the closest to describe it. I also love almost EVERYTHING with bacon LOL.
- What was you best vacation ever? Cancun. Not only are there amazing things to see (like Chichen Itza and underground water (Cenotes) but I swam with dolphins which had always been a dream of mine.
- Who would you take with you on a desert island (3 people max.)? Well, my girlfriend of course… That’s one slot taken… For the rest I think it would depend. Is this a holiday, am I coming back? Am I stranded forever? LOL
- What would be your perfect day? Right now, the day I can hold my baby in my arms again… It`s been far too long