Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Wow that's impressive!
years of obession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
it's always interesting to see the origins of whole systems like that
And it annoys me so much when people say it's useless now

Quote:
night radio talk shows are weirder than reality tv
Exactly Altough I haven't seen any reality tv in a while

Quote:
you know that Santa doesn't like naughty girls (or so he says )
I'm not going there

Quote:
an observer, are you?

Quote:
I'm sure there's a long and complicated name for that in psychology dictionaries
I don't want to know Kiki understands

Quote:
how do you even pick which you're going to wear each day?
On daily basis I wear like 5 Lot of them are rather elegant than casual so I don't wear them to work or school.

My mom gave me some,she has a lot herself too.

Quote:
But then I played one of the games and I got the urge again
So maybe pick Star Wars as a theme for movie club?

Quote:
and that's what people don't get. They see people on tv waving guns around and being all powerful and somehow they think anybody can and should have one and they'd be magically protected
This,exactly.

New questions!

Is there anything in your closet (garment or other) that you really should throw away but just won't?

Many,many things I have this beautiful blue dress I bought it like 10 years ago,it's too small for me now but I can't bring myself to throw it away

Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?

Of course I had! My it was short lived usually

If you could re-cast your favorite movie with anyone, who would you choose?

With my friend we used to wonder who could play Scarlett O'Hara if someone decided to make a remake of Gone With The Wind,but such a person does not exist. so

Do you consider yourself "spiritual"? or religious?

No.I mean I do celebrate Christmas but it's far away from religion at this point.And I can't remember the last time I was in church.Altough I guess most of my hatred is directed towards institution,not the religion itself.

Love at first sight: Fact or fiction?

I guess you never know

What puts you in a bad mood?

Well,today I'm in a bad mood,it was supposed to be a good day but everything just had to went to sh*** so...People taking your yes for granted.

Do you have any phobias?

JELLYFISH
Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly Altough I haven't seen any reality tv in a while
I don't think I've ever been able to sit through more than 10 minutes of anything so it's been a while for me too.

Quote:
I'm not going there
You're just no fun

Quote:
I don't want to know Kiki understands
Kiki has her picture next to many of those words so she understands for sure

Quote:
On daily basis I wear like 5 Lot of them are rather elegant than casual so I don't wear them to work or school.
this is awesome actually because I was thinking you must keep rotating during the day and there you go

Quote:
My mom gave me some,she has a lot herself too.
Haaa it's a family thing, I see

Quote:
So maybe pick Star Wars as a theme for movie club?
we could!

Quote:
I have this beautiful blue dress I bought it like 10 years ago,it's too small for me now but I can't bring myself to throw it away
That's the spirit!

Quote:
With my friend we used to wonder who could play Scarlett O'Hara if someone decided to make a remake of Gone With The Wind,but such a person does not exist. so
There are just parts that are so entwined with the performer, it's literally impossible to see anyone else in them.

Quote:
I guess most of my hatred is directed towards institution,not the religion itself.
I hear ya. I envy people who can be religious and put aside all the crap to make their faith the focus of their religion. I just couldn't and I wish I could.

Quote:
I guess you never know
Keep that in mind

Quote:
Well,today I'm in a bad mood,it was supposed to be a good day but everything just had to went to sh*** so...People taking your yes for granted.
awww
Nothing worse than being taken for granted!

Quote:
JELLYFISH
they're creepy but so beautiful

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-18-2014, 12:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You're just no fun
Fine,let's go there

Quote:
this is awesome actually because I was thinking you must keep rotating during the day and there you go
It's easier to wear just five instead of wondering every single morning what to pick I'll get a picture of them all one day and show you

Quote:
Haaa it's a family thing, I see
Yes,it goes back to my grandma

Quote:
There are just parts that are so entwined with the performer, it's literally impossible to see anyone else in them.
I know right? For me it's like that with Gone With The Wind,Casablanca,The Godfather...Mostly with the classic movies.

Quote:
I envy people who can be religious and put aside all the crap to make their faith the focus of their religion. I just couldn't and I wish I could.

Every time I hear someone say here that catholicism is in danger I just want to punch him/her in the face

Quote:
Nothing worse than being taken for granted!
I hate it

Quote:
hey're creepy but so beautiful
I love to swim in the sea and this is the way to make me go back - seeing a jellyfish
Old 07-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fine,let's go there
you're damn lucky Lily isn't around anymore. She had the worst best questions in the hotseat!

Quote:
It's easier to wear just five instead of wondering every single morning what to pick I'll get a picture of them all one day and show you
oooooh when I told my sister (she's into earrings as well but she gets bored quickly), she was like "piiiiiiics!" so she'll be happy
She makes them too so that's a good way to avoid monotony

Quote:
Yes,it goes back to my grandma
Aww I love that! and there are worse things you can get from your grandma

Quote:
I know right? For me it's like that with Gone With The Wind,Casablanca,The Godfather...Mostly with the classic movies.
there was a reading a few years back (well quite a few years back) of All About Eve in LA, for a benefit, with Stockard Channing in the Bette Davis part and I just wish I could go back in time and see it because... I love Stockard and yet I just can't imagine anyone but Davis in that part!

Quote:
Every time I hear someone say here that catholicism is in danger I just want to punch him/her in the face
they are in danger of becoming completely irrelevant if they don't look around them and realize the world has changed since the Bible was written.

Quote:
I love to swim in the sea and this is the way to make me go back - seeing a jellyfish
I remember being on a beach near Napoli a loooong time ago after a heatwave, and seeing these weird huuuuge plastic bags floating in the water. I asked the girl who was next to me "wth with all those plastic bags in the sea??" and she was like "oh they're not plastic bags, they're dead jellyfish"
Needless to say, I didn't swim that day

More questions?
Is there anything you miss about being a kid?
Any guilty pleasure you'd like to confess?
Have you ever been in a fight?
Who is the most important person in your life?
Have you ever broken the law?
Do you have any bad habits?
What's your earliest childhood memory?
Any assumption people usually make about you that bugs you?
What is the weirdest thing about you?
One New Year's resolution you make every year but never follow through?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
you're damn lucky Lily isn't around anymore. She had the worst best questions in the hotseat
Any chance I know her username? Or I am too 'fresh' ?

Quote:
he was like "piiiiiiics!" so she'll be happy
Ok,I'll do it then as soon as I can borrow my mom's phone because mine sucks and I'm just terrible with new technology so I don't have a decent one

Quote:
She makes them too so that's a good way to avoid monotony
I used to make some by myself too but it was really really basic stuff.

Quote:
there are worse things you can get from your grandma
That's what I love about jewelry.It lasts longer than clothes and such When it's good quality of course.

Quote:
I love Stockard and yet I just can't imagine anyone but Davis in that part!
It's amazing,because most of those people weren't actors of just one part yet they're so mesmerzing you just can't

Quote:
they are in danger of becoming completely irrelevant if they don't look around them and realize the world has changed since the Bible was written.
i read somewhere that if you think a Bible is a well written book ans basically just that you may have a problem with reglion That's me

Quote:
Needless to say, I didn't swim that day
So you get it

[B]Is there anything you miss about being a kid?[B]
A good night sleep And less overthiniking.
Any guilty pleasure you'd like to confess?

I used to love to watch The Osbournes I had my phase of loving Black Sabbath and when I found out he has his reality show I was like asdfghjk
Have you ever been in a fight?

No
Who is the most important person in your life?

No way it's just one I made some bad decisions in my life but each one of those has lead me to meeting fantastic people in my life,so I'm a very lucky person in that department
Have you ever broken the law?

As a ex law student I won't answer it
Do you have any bad habits?

Smoking.
What's your earliest childhood memory?

My parents playing badminton.I seriously was like 10 months of something (according to my mom because I remeber the sourroundings and it must have been near their first appartment)
Any assumption people usually make about you that bugs you?

That's I don't care about anything.Sometimes it is true fine
What is the weirdest thing about you?

oh man,I have no idea I'm very weird in general as far as I'm concerned
One New Year's resolution you make every year but never follow through?[/QUOTE]

Besides following the resolution itself? To start to excercise and be a better human being I suppose
Old 07-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Any chance I know her username? Or I am too 'fresh' ?
nah she stopped posting a long time ago. Her username was Kalinda Smith. She's a number alright

Quote:
and I'm just terrible with new technology so I don't have a decent one
you're like me. I love computers but phones just piss me off
If it wasn't for my sister and Joana ganging up on me to get me a smartphone, I'd still be happy with my little phone with no camera.

Quote:
That's what I love about jewelry.It lasts longer than clothes and such When it's good quality of course.
and you can combine things differently. With clothes, it's not always as easy

Quote:
It's amazing,because most of those people weren't actors of just one part yet they're so mesmerzing you just can't
That's a good point. And they were great in other parts, and you can watch their other movies and not only think of that one part but they just defined the role and honestly, why touch it?

Quote:
i read somewhere that if you think a Bible is a well written book ans basically just that you may have a problem with reglion That's me
I once had this exact conversation with a pair of Mormons who were putting "literature" in the mailboxes in my building. They disagreed
You and I should double-team a few Mormons. My sister says I'm the only person she saw driving them away instead of running away from them

Quote:
[B]Is there anything you miss about being a kid?[B]
A good night sleep. And less overthiniking
another answer I can relate to!

Quote:
I used to love to watch The Osbournes I had my phase of loving Black Sabbath and when I found out he has his reality show I was like asdfghjk
well as far as guilty pleasures go, there are worse ones and that's a good excuse to watch reality tv.

Quote:
I made some bad decisions in my life but each one of those has lead me to meeting fantastic people in my life,so I'm a very lucky person in that department
Emerson said that life is a journey, not a destination but I'd argue that the journey is only important for the traveling companions you meet along the way.

Quote:
As a ex law student I won't answer it
funny how that question gets that answer a lot

Quote:
Smoking.
not only when on fire, I imagine?

Quote:
My parents playing badminton.I seriously was like 10 months of something (according to my mom because I remeber the sourroundings and it must have been near their first appartment)
holy ****! now that's an early one!
I remember my first day of school but I was like 3 and some months.

Quote:
That's I don't care about anything.Sometimes it is true fine
who cares anyway?

Quote:
oh man,I have no idea I'm very weird in general as far as I'm concerned
Weirdos, Unite!

Quote:
Besides following the resolution itself? To start to excercise and be a better human being I suppose
you crack me up

Old 07-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
nah she stopped posting a long time ago. Her username was Kalinda Smith
Ah ok I see Lot of people are gone now

Quote:
I love computers but phones just piss me off
You understand my pain then My parents try to get me one but I'm not giving up so far

Quote:
they just defined the role and honestly, why touch it?
Exactly.Not everything needs a remake

Quote:
You and I should double-team a few Mormons
I'm in!

Quote:
My sister says I'm the only person she saw driving them away instead of running away from them
usually my death stare is enough to scare them away

Quote:
well as far as guilty pleasures go, there are worse ones and that's a good excuse to watch reality tv.
I guess And I honestly loved how he didn't give a damn

Quote:
but I'd argue that the journey is only important for the traveling companions you meet along the way.
I agree wholeheartedly

[QUOTE]funny how that question gets that answer a lot[/QUOPTE]

it is diplomacy isn't it

Quote:
not only when on fire, I imagine?

No

Quote:
now that's an early one!
I really remember weird things sometimes

Quote:
I remember my first day of school but I was like 3 and some months.
See and I don't remember mine

Quote:
who cares anyway?
Fair point

Quote:
you crack me up
I'm happy to hear it
Old 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ah ok I see Lot of people are gone now
She really was the life of the party and yes almost all the regular posters from S1 and S2 are gone, even Kiki. Some because life got in the way. Most because they stopped watching the show altogether, which is pretty sad.
But hey, we are here and having a blast

Quote:
You understand my pain then My parents try to get me one but I'm not giving up so far
I certainly do! My parents got me my first cell phone years ago... for Xmas. Oh thanks, gee, I never wanted one of those!
Never give up, never surrender

Quote:
Exactly.Not everything needs a remake
Bah they're just trying to make more money with old ideas. And they know that most people haven't watched anything that was made before they were 10 so they have a lot of potential viewers who won't even know it's crap.

Quote:
I'm in!
(although that quote out of context makes it look like we're planning something way different )

Quote:
usually my death stare is enough to scare them away
you have a death stare? No! You're a kitten!

Quote:
I really remember weird things sometimes
Memory is a weird thing of its own. I remember random things I don't even know from where, and I can't memorize my phone number

Quote:
See and I don't remember mine
What I remember most is entering the school, holding my sister hand and waving to my grandmother and my mother who were blubbering like idiots

More questions or are you tired of answering them?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
almost all the regular posters from S1 and S2 are gone
I guess I technically don't count because I didn't join in here until the summer between S1 & S2 (as S1 was on TV the year I was living in NZ and I only caught up when I got back to the States because of Agent Sexxxy).
I made my icon.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
even Kiki
I noticed

Quote:
Most because they stopped watching the show altogether, which is pretty sad.
Can't blame them I still think s1 et s2 were the best.All the rest not so much.

Quote:
Oh thanks, gee, I never wanted one of those
Same

Quote:
Never give up, never surrender
That's the plan

Quote:
Bah they're just trying to make more money with old ideas.

Quote:
so they have a lot of potential viewers who won't even know it's crap.
True.And sad I guess.I'm trying to think of a remake of an old movie I actually enjoyed but I can't find one so far

Quote:
(although that quote out of context makes it look like we're planning something way different )
I'm innocent

Quote:
you have a death stare?
Apparently I do My friend told me that once I usually keep my mouth shut but everything is in my eyes And yet I thought I'm so discreet

Quote:
No! You're a kitten!
Awwwwwww

Quote:
Memory is a weird thing of its own. I remember random things I don't even know from where, and I can't memorize my phone number
I know right?it took me like two years to remember my phone number and usually I'm quite good with remembering numbers so

And here I am still remembering that childhood memory

Quote:
What I remember most is entering the school, holding my sister hand and waving to my grandmother and my mother who were blubbering like idiots

That's pretty vivid I realized only now how weird it is that I don't have any memory of my first day of school or highschool I guess most people do

Quote:
More questions or are you tired of answering them?
Of course not
Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess I technically don't count because I didn't join in here until the summer between S1 & S2
I was counting you actually and also Euge even though she only joined at the beginning of S2. You're my old timers and honestly there wasn't much activity on the board before that.

Quote:
Can't blame them I still think s1 et s2 were the best.All the rest not so much.
It certainly is a different show now. Almost nothing to do with what it was, tbh.

Quote:
True.And sad I guess.I'm trying to think of a remake of an old movie I actually enjoyed but I can't find one so far
Agreed. I can't think of a single one that was even enjoyable on its own merits. Maybe Ocean's Eleven but only if I turn my brain off
There are a few movie sequels that worked, and there are even a few (just a few) remakes of foreign movies that worked not too bad. But classics...
Not even talking about the acting. Taking a story like The Women and hoping to be able to just paint it with a fresh coat of 21st century paint with iphones and emails, and make the story work with 21st century people... you can't! Society has changed. Gender roles have changed. You can't just translate it from the 1930ies to 2008 and hope it will work

Quote:
I'm innocent
Yeah we're all angels

Quote:
Apparently I do My friend told me that once I usually keep my mouth shut but everything is in my eyes And yet I thought I'm so discreet
I can't wait to see it

Quote:
I know right?it took me like two years to remember my phone number and usually I'm quite good with remembering numbers so
I'm terrible with numbers but I guess you don't call yourself so your brain is like "again with that number?? what do I care?!"

More questions then!

Do you believe in ghosts?
Do you have a nickname?
What's your favorite thing to eat ever?
If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?
What is your favorite website?
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
How long have you known your oldest friend?
Name one fictional character you'd like to slap silly
Would you ever consider having a fling with a much younger (nothing illegal ) or a much older person? (it's not a proposition or anything )

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-23-2014 at 07:59 PM
Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Society has changed. Gender roles have changed. You can't just translate it from the 1930ies to 2008 and hope it will work
Exactly and ripping the story out of context often doesn't pay off. There are tons of stories that worked ages ago and are still work but someone also need to know how to make it so

Do you believe in ghosts?

No.But ask me that in the middle of the night in some morbid place

Do you have a nickname?

Yes. I have one since school,I had a diffrent one in the previous job and now I have yet another one where I currently work And obviously I'm wardengrill everywhere online

What's your favorite thing to eat ever?

Just one?! I love pretty much everything my grandma makes other than that, I love penne with chicken and almonds ISometimes I get my mom to cook it

If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?

Scarlett O'Hara

What is your favorite website?

Besides this forum? I like tumblr I know it's ****ty sometimes but I've met some really good people there so I will always like it because of it.

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?

Today I have first weekend off since I seriously don't remember how long,usually I'm either at work or sleeping after and before But today I'm meeting with a friend and tomorrow going to Cracow

How long have you known your oldest friend?

25 years With breaks,but yeah

Name one fictional character you'd like to slap silly

Oh many But mostly from tv shows, not books or movies *cough* *cough*

Would you ever consider having a fling with a much younger (nothing illegal ) or a much older person? (it's not a proposition or anything[/B]

Younger? I don't think so,but who knows Older that's possible

Last edited by wardengrill; 07-26-2014 at 05:04 AM