Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
We never had you in the hotseat, Carol? Let's fix that!
You sure? I really don't wanna bore anyone

Quote:
He sounds charming
The odd thing is, he is actually quite charming! Only not when he is drunk And he is on college, so there is no lack of drinks

Quote:
true friends know how to make you blush and enjoy it.
Unfortunatly. that is true.

Quote:
those have opening songs? I'm old
Well, here is my childhood:

Quote:
Only to me, I'm sure
Nooo, I don't think so! I've heard people tell similar stories And there is always the one who dates the guy who later finds out he is gay, so...
Old 06-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You sure? I really don't wanna bore anyone
don't worry, if everything else fails, we'll just embarrass you

Quote:
The odd thing is, he is actually quite charming! Only not when he is drunk
Heh wasnt it Hemingway who said the best argument against sobriety was spending an evening with friends who drink? you kinda need the booze just not to see how dumb they get.

Quote:
Unfortunatly. that is true.
And then you get really weird nicknames that are even more embarrassing to try to explain

Quote:
Well, here is my childhood:
Wow. I just checked and apparently there was one in French too, except it totally blows

Quote:
And there is always the one who dates the guy who later finds out he is gay, so...
Right. So at least we didn't get married and have 2.5 kids before it hit me

So questions for you, let's see.

- What's your middle name? (if you have one but you can make one up )
- Do you have siblings?
- If you had to evacuate your house right now, what is the one thing you'd grab on the way out? (let's imagine your phone and your computer are getting out on their own )
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
- What are you the most proud of?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
don't worry, if everything else fails, we'll just embarrass you
You are evil

Quote:
Heh wasnt it Hemingway who said the best argument against sobriety was spending an evening with friends who drink? you kinda need the booze just not to see how dumb they get.
Oh boy

Quote:
Wow. I just checked and apparently there was one in French too, except it totally blows
It kinda sucks in portuguese as well

Quote:
Right. So at least we didn't get married and have 2.5 kids before it hit me
Exaclty! See, you were lucky Besides, that is probably not a nice conversation to have with your kids if you were to have a divorce

What's your middle name?
I was trying to think of something ridiculous, but I couldn't come up with anything. I don't have a middle name I have two family names, though

Do you have siblings?
I have a younger brother.

If you had to evacuate your house right now, what is the one thing you'd grab on the way out? (let's imagine your phone and your computer are getting out on their own)
Damn. I was going to say my computer. I'd grab my dog! Or, if you mean an actual object, since I can't grab my bookshelf, the family albuns. Or just one

Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
Oh, to a lot of places! Europe and New Zealand and New York. Well, actually, Machu Picchu before anything else.

What are you the most proud of?
Hm. Teaching my brother how to read, probably [?]
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
(let's imagine your phone and your computer are getting out on their own)
I feel you added that disclaimer just for me

Carol on the hotseat

Quote:
Ohh wow cool. How old is her now?

Quote:
I did ask a guy out and he was very obviously gay.
tooo good! Well tells you don't live by stereotypes

Here are some of mine

Is there anything you miss about being a kid?
Any assumption people usually make about you that bugs you?
Ever been in a fight?
What puts you in a bad mood?
Have you ever broken the law?
Who is the most important person in your life?
Love at first sight: Fact or fiction?
Do you have any bad habits?
What's your earliest childhood memory?
Have you ever been tempted to cheat?
What is the weirdest thing about you?
Any guilty pleasure you'd like to confess?
One New Year's resolution you make every year but never follow through?
Do you have any phobias?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ohh wow cool. How old is her now?
He is 16. So I taught him when he was 3 (and I was 5). God only knows how he actually managed to learn

Is there anything you miss about being a kid?
oooh, having time to do the things I wanted. Also, not having to worry about my future and jobs and stuff.

Any assumption people usually make about you that bugs you?
People usually assume I'm a nerd or that I am naïve. Or sometimes that I am some kind of wicked person People don't assume I'm just a nice person, damnit

Ever been in a fight?
Fist-fight or the yelling kind of fight? I've been yelled at and I've yelled back, and I did kind of get into a physical fight once but I'm really small so things don't work out that well in those situations I got punched in the head and thrown on the floor, though I did draw blood with my nails and I've been told I've got a pretty strong kick

What puts you in a bad mood?
A lot of things, actually. Having a bad night of sleep and being yelled at to wake up are in the top of the list

Have you ever broken the law?
Oh goodness, yes. There are too many laws

Who is the most important person in your life?
My mom? I don't know.

Love at first sight: Fact or fiction?
Fiction! You can be attracted to someone, but I mean, to love someone you need to know them. Probably.

Do you have any bad habits?
I play with my hair a lot.

What's your earliest childhood memory?
Going to see my brother at the hospital when he was born!

Have you ever been tempted to cheat?
Cheat as in cheat on someone (in this case: no) or as in cheat on tests (in this one: yes)?

I think of stuff in numbers and sometimes my thoughts play like books in my head, like, I can imagine my thoughts as written words. I don't know if that is weird, but it is weird to explain it

Any guilty pleasure you'd like to confess?
Hm. I eat a lot of bread when I don't have anything to do? Is that even a guilty pleasure?

One New Year's resolution you make every year but never follow through?
I never ever make those. I honestly forget those can be made and don't do anything

Do you have any phobias?
I don't think so. But I really dislike needles.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Carol!

Is the seat getting hoooottt already! What a nice initiative this is! I have some questions for you too, from the top of my head:

Who is your favorite author?

Paper tissues or linen handkerchief?

What job did you aspire as a kid?

If you were an animal, which animal would you be and why?

What (and with who) was your first and your last kiss
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Thanks for the questions! And keep 'em coming!

Who is your favorite author?
Oh, it really depends on my mood. Maybe Machado de Assis?

Paper tissues, mostly cause washing the handkerchief would be messy and annoying

I wanted to be a fire-fighter or a veterinarian.

An owl, I think. I mean, they fly, they can see at night and they are cute. They also represent wisdom. What more could I want?

My first kiss was this boy who was basically my bestfriend. It was on the school gym and it was messy and kinda sweet as well, even though neither of us had any idea what we were doing
My last kiss... Oh goodness, I honestly don't remember. I mean, I know who I kissed but I was quite drunk. But it was on a kichen, from what I've been told, and I was also told that it was hot
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar (View Post)
Hey Thanks for the questions! And keep 'em coming!
I will then

Quote:
Paper tissues, mostly cause washing the handkerchief would be messy and annoying
Yup, it would hahahaha

Quote:
I wanted to be a fire-fighter or a veterinarian.
That's so cute! And what did you end up doing?
Quote:
An owl, I think. I mean, they fly, they can see at night and they are cute. They also represent wisdom. What more could I want?
Ohhh that's a good one!

Quote:
My first kiss was this boy who was basically my bestfriend. It was on the school gym and it was messy and kinda sweet as well, even though neither of us had any idea what we were doing
My last kiss... Oh goodness, I honestly don't remember. I mean, I know who I kissed but I was quite drunk. But it was on a kichen, from what I've been told, and I was also told that it was hot
Hahahah that's cool! At least you remember who it was with. Too bad you had too be told the hotness factor though. Better to experience it, no? Maybe try again

Ok here is my new list:

With which `The Good Wife` character do you have the most in common?

If you had the chance to meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would you want to meet?

What is your kryptonite? (hahahaha)

Which was the last movie that made you cry?

What is your favorite room in the house?

Hugs!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I will then
No point in being in the hotseat if people don't ask me stuff

Quote:
That's so cute! And what did you end up doing?
I study Law now. But who knows if that is what I'll actually end up doing?

Quote:
Hahahah that's cool! At least you remember who it was with. Too bad you had too be told the hotness factor though. Better to experience it, no? Maybe try again
Yes, you are right. But I don't think it is happening any time soon. I don't think the girl's boyfriend would appreciate much Well, she didn't have a boyfriend back then! At least I hope she didn't And if she did, it was all her fault hahaha

Hm, I don't know. I think I'm a bit of everyone of them? But Diane, probably.

If you had the chance to meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would you want to meet?
Oooh, I really like Marie Curie!

What is your kryptonite?
Um. Accents and eyes, probably.

Most movies make me cry I think it was American Beauty.

What is your favorite room in the house?
My bedroom!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I study Law now. But who knows if that is what I'll actually end up doing?
WOW! Law! Impressive!

Quote:
Yes, you are right. But I don't think it is happening any time soon. I don't think the girl's boyfriend would appreciate much Well, she didn't have a boyfriend back then! At least I hope she didn't And if she did, it was all her fault hahaha
Hahahah that`s hilarious and a very `Kalinda` answer, so maybe you should change the next answer. I do agree with you though. And, telling you from my experience, sometimes the male species do not mind AT ALL (how many times I`ve been asked if they could join me and my partner.... sigh....)

Quote:
Hm, I don't know. I think I'm a bit of everyone of them? But Diane, probably.
Diane is very stable. I live so much how she, even after all these years of law, still wants to do the good thing. I love her principles.

Quote:
Oooh, I really like Marie Curie!
nice answer! How come?

Quote:
What is your kryptonite?
Um. Accents and eyes, probably.
Which accent do you like?

Quote:
Most movies make me cry I think it was American Beauty.
I know what that`s like... I always burst out too... Even in the cinema... Yup... Thank god so does my girlfriend

New list: (come on peepz, let`s heaten up this seat!)

What is your favorite song?
Phonecall or text?
With which 3 words your friends would subscribe you?

I`ll write some dilemma`s. How would you respond?
Dilemma 1: You see your best friends boyfriend cheat, and know she doesn`t know. What do you do?
Dilemma 2: Walking in the park, you see a young couple fight. One spouse gets physically aggressive. What do you do?
Dilemma 3: Your best friend tells you she can`t make it to the movie cause she isn't feeling well, but when you go to the mall instead you see her hanging out with someone else. What do you do?

Getting hotter?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
WOW! Law! Impressive!
hahaha no, not really. So what do you do?

Quote:
Hahahah that`s hilarious and a very `Kalinda` answer, so maybe you should change the next answer.
Well, it's not something I ordinarely do, so maybe that's why I didn't say Kalinda Besides, Kalinda is much more put together and confident than I.

Quote:
I do agree with you though. And, telling you from my experience, sometimes the male species do not mind AT ALL (how many times I`ve been asked if they could join me and my partner.... sigh....)
Well, yeah, guys will be guys, I guess.

Quote:
Diane is very stable. I live so much how she, even after all these years of law, still wants to do the good thing. I love her principles.
Yes, that's how I see her too. Doesn't mean I am like that, though. I do find all the charatcers in TGW to be much more... adult than I am, so there is that

Quote:
nice answer! How come?
Well, I came across her because my Chem teacher loved her. And she was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize (and she won two of those). To me, her being a scholar in a time that it's wasn't common or well accepted for woman to do anything is very interesting. She is remarkable.

Quote:
Which accent do you like?
Oh, I like a ton of them. I really like the British accent (you know, for English) and there lots of accents I like in Portuguese as well. Besides, people speaking languages that are not their first (and speaking well) are very charming as well

Quote:
I know what that`s like... I always burst out too... Even in the cinema... Yup... Thank god so does my girlfriend
Well, you don't cry alone and that is always a good thing!

What is your favorite song?
Oh, this is a hard question. Depends on my mood, really. Right now maybe "Confortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.

Phonecall or text?
Text. My voice wounds weird on the phone and I always feel like poeple are busy when I call them and I don't want to bother

With which 3 words your friends would subscribe you?
Um. Probably honest, silly and dramatic

Dilemma 1: You see your best friends boyfriend cheat, and know she doesn`t know. What do you do?
I tell her, of course. She would probably be mad at me for a while, or say that I was jealous, but whaveter. I'd rather have her mad at me and knowing the truth than have her happy with him and with me living a lie.

Dilemma 2: Walking in the park, you see a young couple fight. One spouse gets physically aggressive. What do you do?
I think it would depend on the agressiveness. If it was a slap or something like that, probably nothing. If there was a slap and threats or more agressive behaviour, I think I'd probably call the police. I wouldn't want to talk to them because they might get agressive towards me

Dilemma 3: Your best friend tells you she can`t make it to the movie cause she isn't feeling well, but when you go to the mall instead you see her hanging out with someone else. What do you do?
Well, she isn't a great best friend, is she? If she was hanging out with a boy, I'd say she is embarrassed of him and so I wouldn't even be mad, and if she was with anybody else, I'd just ignore her and continue on with whatever I was doing. She would talk to me eventually (at least when whe figured out I was mad ). But seriously, crappy best friend.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Your ears are really not that pointy for a Vulcan
Maybe I'm some other specie...

Quote:
So yeah, it's possible I didn't even have a gaydar then.
Does that mean your gayday has improved?

Quote:
Um no. "Silly" as in or "silly" as in stupid? Because I have lots of those.
Ok, that was the stupid silly. How about the silly? Anything?

Quote:
(this also made me talk to the girl and explain things to her and she was like, whatever, he is dumb and you and I could do so much better. It was a very odd day)
Good for her and good for you!

Quote:
We sang the opening songs to Dragonball Z and Pokemon at uni the other day That was pretty silly, I think, albeit fun.
Aww, collective silliness is always fun!

Quote:
oooh, having time to do the things I wanted. Also, not having to worry about my future and jobs and stuff.
Damn! I could have answer that same think.

Quote:
Oh goodness, yes. There are too many laws
The ones you broke were good laws or bad ones?

Quote:
I`ll write some dilemma`s. How would you respond?
Uhhh, does are very good ones!

Now, here's some questions from me:

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Favorite flower?

Worst feeling in the world?

Best feeling in the world?

What kind of bed linen do you prefer: white / black; plain / patterned?

Last thing you do before you go to sleep?

First thing you thing when you wake up?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is the seat getting hoooottt already!
we don't want to scare her just yet. You're next btw

Quote:
You are evil
It's actually part of the job description for a mod. We're taking turns.

Quote:
I have two family names, though
So you also do that in Brazil? I know everyone in Spain and Portugal has like 5 names but I didn't know that was also the case in Brazil.

Quote:
since I can't grab my bookshelf, the family albuns
Aww nice answer. (Hint: I have scanned all the pictures I had in albums just to have them on hard drives instead )

Quote:
Well, actually, Machu Picchu before anything else.
Interesting!

Quote:
Aww that's so sweet! I tried to teach my brother English but he's resistant to learning in general. Unless it's football related.

Quote:
I feel you added that disclaimer just for me
Actually for everyone in your generation, it works pretty well.

Quote:
Or sometimes that I am some kind of wicked person
blind and deaf people? we know you're nice, who cares about the morons?
Why would they assume you're a nerd though?

Quote:
I got punched in the head and thrown on the floor, though I did draw blood with my nails and I've been told I've got a pretty strong kick
Carol the Ninja!

Quote:
A lot of things, actually. Having a bad night of sleep and being yelled at to wake up are in the top of the list
You'd like my grandmother's wake up call technique. You get 5 minutes to get out of bed. After that, she pulls the covers.

Quote:
Going to see my brother at the hospital when he was born!
Aww I remember seeing mine at the hospital and thinking "ugh, why is everyone making such a fuss about that? kinda ugly if you ask me"

Quote:
I don't know if that is weird, but it is weird to explain it
It's weird-ish, it'll do

Quote:
Hm. I eat a lot of bread when I don't have anything to do? Is that even a guilty pleasure?
In France, we just call that lunch.

Quote:
Damn good answer!

Quote:
But it was on a kichen, from what I've been told, and I was also told that it was hot
sounds memorable

[QUOTE]Well, she didn't have a boyfriend back then! At least I hope she didn't And if she did, it was all her fault hahaha[/QUOTE
Oooooh a lady kiss? Well that explains the hotness then

Quote:
(how many times I`ve been asked if they could join me and my partner.... sigh....)
:rollyes: men and their disillusioned porn view of real life.

Quote:
Most movies make me cry
Awww hey American Beauty makes me cry too.

Quote:
Even in the cinema... Yup... Thank god so does my girlfriend
the two of you must be quite a sight at the movies

Quote:
Besides, people speaking languages that are not their first (and speaking well) are very charming as well
I remember Lily had a word for that but I won't say it because I'm a mod and it's inappropriate

Damn good questions, M!

Quote:
Maybe I'm some other specie...
You are an entire species all on your own

Quote:
Does that mean your gaydar has improved?
I think so yeah. But then I don't really think someone's behavior or their tastes can tell you who they are into really.

Quote:
Ok, that was the stupid silly. How about the silly? Anything?
I'm pretty goofy, you know that, so it's hard to pick the silliest but I went to a friend's wedding once (a fellow nerd who loves Star Wars) and just as the official asked him if he would take her as his wife and cherish and love her until death stuff, before he got a chance to say "I do", a bunch of us screamed "It's a trap!" at the top of our lungs. His wife-to-be and the official were in on it but yeah that was pretty silly. And I have to admit I kinda was the ring leader.

For those unversed in Star Wars silliness, it's the very famous Admiral Ackbar line in that scene

I'll let you answer Joana's questions before I post some more

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The ones you broke were good laws or bad ones?
I don't like to think of laws as good ones or bad ones. But I think they were good ones Nothing too major, of course.

Quote:
we don't want to scare her just yet. You're next btw
I don't think you'll scare me though But I agree on whom the next person in the hotseat should be

Quote:
So you also do that in Brazil? I know everyone in Spain and Portugal has like 5 names but I didn't know that was also the case in Brazil.
Well, we were a portuguese colony. But yeah, you can have as many names as you like, I think. But most people don't go too crazy, they stop at two, three names tops, most of the time. I have a friend with like, six last names. And she hates it

Quote:
(Hint: I have scanned all the pictures I had in albums just to have them on hard drives instead )
Yeah, I think I should start doing that. But it seems like a lot of work...

Quote:
Aww that's so sweet! I tried to teach my brother English but he's resistant to learning in general. Unless it's football related.
Nowadays my brother is very much like that But you tried, at least. You are a good sister

Quote:
blind and deaf people? we know you're nice, who cares about the morons?
Aww, you are just too sweet

Quote:
Why would they assume you're a nerd though?
I used to wear glasses all the time, so there is that. Maybe I look nerd-ish now? I don't know.

Quote:
You'd like my grandmother's wake up call technique. You get 5 minutes to get out of bed. After that, she pulls the covers.
That is evil But efficient! I don't think people would be too glad though.

Quote:
Aww I remember seeing mine at the hospital and thinking "ugh, why is everyone making such a fuss about that? kinda ugly if you ask me"
It's not like it's a lie though Kids aren't usually too cute when they are just born.

Quote:
In France, we just call that lunch.
Okay, I'm moving to France. That must be heaven

Quote:
Oooooh a lady kiss? Well that explains the hotness then
*blushes* Yes, I suppose it does

Quote:
I remember Lily had a word for that but I won't say it because I'm a mod and it's inappropriate
Whaaat. Don't give me the 'I'm a mod' talk

Quote:
a bunch of us screamed "It's a trap!" at the top of our lungs.
I can't believe it!

Is your glass half full or half empty?
Half full, I think. I try to see the bright side of things, but I'm a realistic person.

Favorite flower?
I really like orchids.

Worst feeling in the world?
Helplessness.

Best feeling in the world?
Um. I really like the way you feel after you laugh a bit, a little lightheaded and mostly happy.

What kind of bed linen do you prefer: white / black; plain / patterned?
The lighter the sheets, the better, or I just won't sleep Doesn't matter if it is patterned or plain though, as long as it is nothing with too dark or bright colours

Last thing you do before you go to sleep?
I usually check the hours (and yes, calculate how many hours I have left to sleep) and see if my alarm is on.

First thing you thing when you wake up?
I check the windows to see if it's light out, cause I wake up during the night a lot. Or try to kill my phone for waking me up
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Carol pretty much dragged me here

Where are you going to be next week? ()
Favorite GoT house?
Favorie POV chapters in ASOIAF?
If you could choose one thing you could be good at, what would you choose?
How would you like to die?
Movies or TV shows?
The US or the UK?
Last person you hugged?
Have you ever been hospitalized?

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter