Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

She's always been speaking out. She spoke out in Running, she spoke out in Fixed, she made it very clear which side she was on in Painkiller. And all this is with Diane in the room. With only Will, she has very few inhibitions. Apparently if you are the SA's wife for years and grill the Governor over his support for the arts, that's a hard habit to break.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Apparently if you are the SA's wife for years and grill the Governor over his support for the arts, that's a hard habit to break.
HAHA I freaking love her!! continue speaking out Alicia, cause you rock

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

^ Preach

I love that cheeky look on her face when she knowingly pisses Will off, lets Diane know that she knows all about their Edelstein motivations and doesn't approve. Of course I also love Diane letting her know who is boss, but ballsy Alicia is my favourite
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course I also love Diane letting her know who is boss, but ballsy Alicia is my favourite
I loved the way Diane handled it as well but I give kudos to Alicia for speaking out in the first place. That poor mug of hers after she's told it's like that, whether she likes it or not She looks so jaded in that depo afterwards

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
She looks so jaded in that depo afterwards
Oh yeah, she was practically doodling curse words in her legal pad after that. And the way she just handed over the paper Viola handed without so much as a look at it. Isn't this the first time we have seen her that petulant?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Oh yeah, she was practically doodling curse words in her legal pad after that.
HA I know she was so down, it was kind of sad

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Isn't this the first time we have seen her that petulant?
I'm pretty sure it was, yes. What was that paper passing thing about though? Aside from loving Alicia's expression I wasn't sure what they were trying to get at. It seemed deliberate on Viola's part, and Alicia was kind of like wtf? as well as petulant... Was Viola testing her to see what her reaction would be?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Viola gave the paper to Alicia for two reasons. One, to make Alicia feel important, since she must have known that she wanted to make a job offer to her by then. And second, to make Diane look alienated. Viola and Diane are sworn enemies now apparently and since Diane was the one sitting across from her (IIRC) she normally should have given it to Diane.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
One, to make Alicia feel important, since she must have known that she wanted to make a job offer to her by then. And second, to make Diane look alienated.
I agree. That's exactly what it looked like, which is why the job offer was no surprise to me in the end. Well played though

Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

I though she handle Alicia the paper to annoy D/W hahaha

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Same! It kind of reminded me of when someone is giving someone else the silent treatment but they still need to speak to them so they drag a third person into it. Like,

(Viola) "Alicia, can you tell Diane to pass the salt"
(Diane) "Alicia, remind Viola that the doctor said she needed to lay off the salt, her blood pressure is too high"
(Viola) "Alicia, can you please remind Diane that she is not my mother"
(Diane) "Alicia, tell Viola that clearly I am not her mother, any spawn of mine would be much less of a hypocritical bitch"
(Alicia) "STOP IT RIGHT NOW BOTH OF YOU"

Sorry, I am delirious with tiredness right now. But hopefully you get my point... although even if you don't it doesn't matter because what Shama said makes more sense. And makes Viola's job offer make more sense too, thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I know it is obvious, but bigger picture, think writers wanted to demonstrate alicia's growing value outside of LG, showing her she may have other opportunities down the road...
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Coco, hahaha I love it

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry, I am delirious with tiredness right now. But hopefully you get my point... although even if you don't it doesn't matter because what Shama said makes more sense. And makes Viola's job offer make more sense too, thanks!
I hope you never get too rested then. I totally agree with Shama but I don't mind reading your tired ramblings

Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh man, I logged off, saw this thread and Leo's post and just had to come back to reply. That is ridiculously fun. As an addendum, add a little visual in your head of Alicia rolling her eyes to the high heavens after every line.

And my point about alienating Diane was pretty much what you are talking about. She made it a point to be extra friendly with Will, and spoke to him more often than Diane. Same with Alicia.