Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutty (View Post)
OMG!! Although to be fair to Mary, that donkey was a bitch to get going in the mornings

I find it quite interesting that Alicia is not very religious. But I guess Carla is right, maybe she did not grow up, and her mom cannot be to religious with her many marraiges and divorce. I think is cool that the writers did not go with the usual, housewife with religious values, makes alicia more interesting because of her doubt about religion.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry!! Although it's totally payback because your icon makes me drool all over my keyboard!
it's only fair then.

Quote:
I came to post about Alicia's views on religion and completely lost my mind after reading about the bitchy donkey.
take deep breaths for a while, your ribs and cheeks stop hurting after a few hours. And then you'll have to post, I want to read what you think about this.

Quote:
I think is cool that the writers did not go with the usual, housewife with religious values
especially since the show is partly about assumptions made regarding Alicia's status as "The Good Wife".

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

believe!, Julianna Margulies *—————*
Old 02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

So freaking gorgeous Thanks Laila

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually only wanted to ask of someone who is more conversant with the time and the culture that Alicia has grown up in if there was any truth to Grace's assessment Alicia's generation having the same attitude to religion. She's not a flower child of the 60s. But what were the 70s like? And is it possible that Alicia's disinclination towards religion could be her own rebellion against her mother and later Jackie? Owen does listen to Gospel music a lot

Mostly I think Alicia is a practical person and the rhetoric surrounding religion these days seems to only cause trouble. It's not everyone's view but enough people hold the radical view of it for it to have become a problem more than something that brings people together or brings them peace. So I can see her view of the only way religion affects her life is that people blow up newspaper offices because of cartoons or her husband goes to church to meet Kozko. None of that is very comforting.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Gosh she looks beautiful

Quote:
And is it possible that Alicia's disinclination towards religion could be her own rebellion against her mother and later Jackie?
Could be? but I do not see her mother as very religious, do you?
At first I had no doubt Alicia was religion, it just fit with the stereotypical character. But then the writers started exploring it, and learned more and more about her. I cannot wait to see this apprehension about religions being explore some more.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
if there was any truth to Grace's assessment Alicia's generation having the same attitude to religion. She's not a flower child of the 60s. But what were the 70s like?
I think she just meant her generation was the cynical one, maybe a little too materialistic to care about spiritual enlightenment.

Quote:
And is it possible that Alicia's disinclination towards religion could be her own rebellion against her mother and later Jackie? Owen does listen to Gospel music a lot
Hehe it's possible but she's a serial divorcee, that doesn't really fit with the American Christian credo. Also, I listen to a lot of gospel and I'm a jewish raised agnostic it's just great music

Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Supreme Fan

I think it could be a lot of things about Alicia and religion. I think her reaction to Pastor Isaiah earlier shows that maybe she thinks religion is too controlling and she's too independent a person to like that.
When she talks to Grace about it, it's almost as if she's disappointed that Grace is interested in it because of Shannon and she's following a fad.
She likes to believe her kids were raised to be independent thinkers like her and she hates the fact that Grace is being a follower more than anything else about it, I think.

Quote:
OMG!! Although to be fair to Mary, that donkey was a bitch to get going in the mornings

Quote:
it's totally payback because your icon makes me drool all over my keyboard!
she got it for me but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having trouble focusing on the posts with that thing on my screen.
Useful tip: keep a paper towel next to your computer.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

So what you all make of Alicia last night?? She is very idealist, very liberal? Gosh but I still love her

Is she being naive? I understand how she feels, the disappointment. But I mean she has been doing this for a year now, she should be used to it. But I also understand how it feels that you are doing things not for the right reason.

What did you all think about the mood she was in last night?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What did you all think about the mood she was in last night?
What mood?

I just mostly keep thinking that she'd get fired if Will wasn't a friend.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
What mood?
Like she seems like of annoyed and a bit disappointed. When they were in room she likes not really paying attention

Quote:
I just mostly keep thinking that she'd get fired if Will wasn't a friend.
could be! But even though she does not really agree on a lot, she is still a damn fine lawyer, they are lucky to have her.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is she being naive? I understand how she feels, the disappointment. But I mean she has been doing this for a year now, she should be used to it
Used to the general cynicism, yes. But I think maybe she'd appreciate being told these things beforehand, not finding out on her own.
If they can help a rich client and at the same time do some humanitarian stuff, fine. Just telling her what it's about would be nice.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
could be! But even though she does not really agree on a lot, she is still a damn fine lawyer, they are lucky to have her.
I don't know, it should be the other way around. I'm sure there are a lot of other good lawyers, Cary for example is just as good as she is. I think she should adapt a bit quicker. It's not her place to question what her bosses do, or at least not in the way she does it, and quite frankly I would have thought that she'd know how lawyers are and not be perpetually surprised by it. But you know, she is how she is and that's why we like her
Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
It's not her place to question what her bosses do, or at least not in the way she does it.
ITA.
and i think Will was angry at her (the sceane with her, him and Diena).
she was out of her place to say what she did, and if Will was a regular boss, my guess is, she wouldnt have said it
Old 03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
and i think Will was angry at her (the sceane with her, him and Diena)
I don't think he minded when it was just the two of them, but I think he disliked that she still had that attitude when Diane was around.

Quote:
if Will was a regular boss, my guess is, she wouldnt have said it
Yup, she's never had those talks with Diane. It's almost like she hopes Will will see the light and agree with her one day

But seriously, she's too righteous for the job and the sooner she finds ways to twist the bad into good, the better.