Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What did you all think about the mood she was in last night?
I liked it! Every now and then it's great to be reminded of how stubbornly black and white her ideals are, even though her choices and actions often suggest otherwise. And yeah, she wouldn't have been so confident vocalising her disappointment if she didn't have that closeness with Will, but that stuff happens in real life all the time. If you're close with your boss, you can usually get away with more.

Quote:
Is she being naive?
Possibly, but it could be more about frustration than not understanding the situation. She definitely is very liberal and idealistic, her face lit up (so cute!) when Will said the suit was about stopping torture instead of money. She genuinely thought they were saving people. If she had known the truth from the start, she probably wouldn't have had such a strong reaction.

I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but do you guys think she would seriously consider Rita Wilson's offer? I honestly think she's pretty well-valued at LG(-B) but her face had me a little worried
Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but do you guys think she would seriously consider Rita Wilson's offer?
We can discuss anything Alicia related here, no problem
And I think she was maybe wondering if it was a better fit. It's not like Rita's character was less of a shark than Will or Diane.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's not like Rita's character was less of a shark than Will or Diane.
That's exactly why I don't understand why they put that in there! If anything, Rita (I have no idea what her character name is) is much more sharky! Although she did give her a heads up on the butt sticker, that could have been embarrassing
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutty (View Post)
(I have no idea what her character name is) is much more sharky!
Her name is Viola, I think.

Another thing, doesn't she work in L.A? How does she think that's going to work?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's exactly why I don't understand why they put that in there!
I think she realized that Alicia didn't like being used without being told the truth and that's what the "they don't value you" comment was about.

Quote:
Another thing, doesn't she work in L.A? How does she think that's going to work?
Hehe yeah I had the same thought. I think it was more about Alicia questioning her place than a real job offer.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Hehe yeah I had the same thought. I think it was more about Alicia questioning her place than a real job offer.
Or maybe they have just set up things for the future (distant), an exit door to have Alicia move from Chicago.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought part of the reason for the job offer was to demonstrate to alicia that her world was widening...that it was not nec confined to LG... that she was being appreciated elsewhere, which would mean a lot to her ego.
think it was to set seeds for future movement ( although i don't see that happening too quickly)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I just mostly keep thinking that she'd get fired if Will wasn't a friend.
Maybe not fired, but she was overstepping a lot in that scene. Will was visibly annoyed that she would bring it up again, in front of Diane and Diane pretty much told her to shut up or ship out. I think Alicia realized too that she was not going to be able to change the way they do business around LGB, or the world at large.

Quote:
She definitely is very liberal and idealistic, her face lit up (so cute!) when Will said the suit was about stopping torture instead of money. She genuinely thought they were saving people. If she had known the truth from the start, she probably wouldn't have had such a strong reaction.
I do think it was the let down that made her speak out in front of Will. But that doesn't explain why she brought up the issue again in front of Diane. Is there any chance that she thought Diane didn't know about it? She sees Will talking to Bond about a vote in the morning, she sees Edelstein not meeting Diane but only Will when Diane is not in her office, she knows Diane is planning to start her own firm, and she knows Diane is the more moral out of both W/D.
That to me also explains her surprise at learning that Will and Diane were on the same side at the end.
It's still an unsettling thought that she would sell out Will's secret to Diane and would be very effective in showing how much she really has lost respect for Will if true.

Quote:
It's not like Rita's character was less of a shark than Will or Diane.
I know!! I think she's going to come back later in the season. And I too think that Alicia is plenty valued for a second year associate. Did Will give any reason as to why he wanted her to the deposition?
Maybe it was to illustrate that Alicia's is not in the same place she was a year ago when getting fired from LGB was the end of the world for her, and that she has options now. But she's not disillusioned to the extent that she wants to leave altogether.

Quote:
Although she did give her a heads up on the butt sticker, that could have been embarrassing
Well, at least we know that Will is enough of a gentleman that he's not checking out Alicia's ass during office hours.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is there any chance that she thought Diane didn't know about it? She sees Will talking to Bond about a vote in the morning, she sees Edelstein not meeting Diane but only Will when Diane is not in her office, she knows Diane is planning to start her own firm, and she knows Diane is the more moral out of both W/D.
Hm... Interesting. I haven't thought about that but you make a good case for it
She did seem a little disappointed by Diane's lack of reaction, didn't she?

Quote:
that she has options now. But she's not disillusioned to the extent that she wants to leave altogether.
I agree, it shows things changed. But she has no illusion as to the way Viola operates IMO. She seems as cutthroat as our guys at L&G, only maybe more openly.

Quote:
Will is enough of a gentleman that he's not checking out Alicia's ass during office hours.
well at least that's another point for us against Lily. Kalinda didn't notice so we know she's not checking her ass either

Quote:
Or maybe they have just set up things for the future (distant), an exit door to have Alicia move from Chicago.
I don't know. Not really sure what the point would be. If Julianna wants to leave, the show's over

Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I don't know. Not really sure what the point would be. If Julianna wants to leave, the show's over
Yeah, that was my thought. A way to close the show without being forced to wrap up everything (in case they don't renew). And also a way to keep the door open for something else.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But she has no illusion as to the way Viola operates IMO. She seems as cutthroat as our guys at L&G, only maybe more openly.
Maybe she just won't expect her to be better, so she won't be that disappointed with Viola. Alicia has a lot riding on Will, so his actions count as more important. With Viola, whatever happens at work stays at work. Still, it's a lousy reason to leave the firm. I think it was just to give reason to Rita Wilson to return and put Alicia in another dilemma. Maybe at some point she may want to just pack her bags and leave Chicago, she has an option there.

Quote:
She did seem a little disappointed by Diane's lack of reaction, didn't she?
I saw a bit of "they're all dyed in the same wool. Why did I think Diane would be any better?" in her head shake and smirk at the end. Just the way the scene was played made me think that. She addresses only Diane, looks to Will to see how far she has annoyed him. He is indeed annoyed, but it is not because she has revealed his secret but because of her disrespect for their authority. And then Diane uses "us" to make it clear that Will and she are on the same page about this.

Quote:
well at least that's another point for us against Lily. Kalinda didn't notice so we know she's not checking her ass either
I don't think she had run into Kalinda till then. So Lily's still leading? I don't know the score on that.
Initially I thought Viola was hitting on Alicia, but then I saw that she just that flirty with Will too. Unless she was being flirty with Will to make Diane feel like the odd man out.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
It's still an unsettling thought that she would sell out Will's secret to Diane and would be very effective in showing how much she really has lost respect for Will if true.

me to.

it really annoys me actully. he did so much for her over the passed year, romence or not. it should count for something.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, I don't think she schemed about it. I don't know, I don't think Alicia would be that vindictive that she would want to take down Will for letting her down, but she was hurt and maybe she thought Diane would put a stop to it. It's all just an assumption anyway.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched ep.11....I don't think I get it
Old 03-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
I just watched ep.11....I don't think I get it
What don't you not get?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick