Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia seems to be stepping between Kalinda and trouble, and there seems to be trouble brewing on the Peter/Childs front too. Plus, the election and Alicia's concerns about Peter winning were brought up so I am hopeful.
it looks like she's finally getting mixed up into the other arcs, if not getting her own.

Quote:
All this really boils down to her being removed from the campaign story. Alicia not being a part of all the major arcs this year makes sense when in a way.
I agree. There was no way she could have been involved in these arcs early on with the time it took for the show to develop them.

The problem with the campaign, however, is the same it's been all season. Lack of Chris Noth. Without Peter there, they could manage to squeeze out a few scenes with Eli (mostly repetitive and lackluster IMO but I'm a West Wing fan so I have high standards) but they couldn't bring Alicia in on it the way they could have if Peter had been actually there.

Quote:
What can't be explained is why Alicia does not have a story of her own.
I know we don't agree on this but I have to say the love triangle probably didn't help there. It feels like her growth as a character has been stumped or at least brought back to a simmer because she can't really get away from Peter and can't really get back with him, or leave him for Will and start a new life or get a life of her own away from romantic elements worked into the story.

If they can't have a personal arc for her, what's left? A professional one, like Will and Diane's? How could they manage that? She's a second year associate.

Quote:
I don't think her story is tied only to P/W either. If anything she has been detached from both of them for most of the season.
Yes she has. But not definitely enough to get the character anywhere. She's on the edge of things, like with every other arc.

Quote:
Actually Alicia is always in court or at the center of the case of the week. Maybe to the casual viewer she's still as important on the show as she was in S1.
I think so. From what I read around the web, only the diehard fans are asking these questions. Even the reviewers haven't seemed to notice.
She is there. She's just lacking characterization. Only in the best episodes like Nine Hours, where the characterization was worked into the case, did she feel totally there.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
The problem with the campaign, however, is the same it's been all season. Lack of Chris Noth.
I really would like to know wht CN's term of contract are. Is he being left ut, by choice of his own or of the writers? Because Eli's been there plenty by comparison.
Agreed on the rest.

Quote:
I know we don't agree on this but I have to say the love triangle probably didn't help there. It feels like her growth as a character has been stumped or at least brought back to a simmer because she can't really get away from Peter and can't really get back with him, or leave him for Will and start a new life or get a life of her own away from romantic elements worked into the story.
I agree with all that's not bold. You're going to have to elaborate on the bold. Here's the thing about the triangle though, there hasn't really been progress in that direction either. It's the one element of the show that has actually been in a perpetual rut. Even A/W shippers are tiring of it. Mind you I see network palm prints all over the triangle storyline, so that's a different matter.

Quote:
If they can't have a personal arc for her, what's left? A professional one, like Will and Diane's? How could they manage that? She's a second year associate.
You know, they could have shown her making connections of her own, Let her haul in some clients. I don' think Eli can be the only personal clients she wants to bring in. I'd also have liked Alicia to make more of those grey decisions. Instead of having Will or Diane make them, and having her pass an opinion on theirs. It would be compelling to see her fight between personal moral, ethics and what's best for the firm. To compensate, they could have ditched the useless K/B storyline.

Quote:
She is there. She's just lacking characterization. Only in the best episodes like Nine Hours, where the characterization was worked into the case, did she feel totally there.
That's because the fans (like us!) know each and every story line by heart The reviewers probably barely remember the previous epi. You know, nine hours also worked really well because it was back to the core team handling the major aspects of the case.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is he being left ut, by choice of his own or of the writers?
Considering he's probably been cast partially for the big draw, I doubt they'd leave him out by choice. At the Academy of TV panel, they discussed how his play had create mayhem in terms of production so it's more than likely that since he's a guest, he just let them know if was going to be available for a limited number of episode this season and they scrambled to work around his absence.
The fact they had built an entire arc around him this season was unfortunate of course.

Quote:
You're going to have to elaborate on the bold.
l
l
v
Quote:
Here's the thing about the triangle though, there hasn't really been progress in that direction either. It's the one element of the show that has actually been in a perpetual rut.
Kidding aside. What you said about the love triangle? That's exactly what I meant. The very existence of the triangle and the fact they want to keep it in existence prevents Alicia from leaving Peter or reconciling for good with him so that's killing more arcs for Alicia than creating them.

Quote:
I'd also have liked Alicia to make more of those grey decisions. Instead of having Will or Diane make them, and having her pass an opinion on theirs.
That's true. The ethical journey of Alicia is a bit nowhere these days. Maybe that'll change.

Quote:
nine hours also worked really well because it was back to the core team handling the major aspects of the case.
Agreed. But more than that, it worked so well because through their involvement in the case, there was exposure of who they are as persons.
Diane with the daughter, Kalinda with the arson expert, Alicia with the judge, Will with the other judge...

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pictures of Julianna Margulies With Her Husband and Baby Kieran
Old 03-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Umm sorry to go off track, but with the last episode, it is a whole new ball game. I'm sad to see that Alicia may wind up all alone (there's the Howard Roarke image all over again) but happy that everything is finally coalescing around her and excited to see what JM does with this. And that also means I want her to find out soon and then let's see her play out this downward spiral.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I just want Alicia and Peter to be happy for a few episodes. Is that too much to ask? But whatever is in store, JM is gonna kick ass. That's for sure. I smell an Emmy!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
I just want Alicia and Peter to be happy for a few episodes. Is that too much to ask? But whatever is in store, JM is gonna kick ass. That's for sure. I smell an Emmy!
First, I love your avi
Second, I fear we are not going to see Alicia happy for a very long time Neither with Peter or Will or alone
I miss season one

And I smell a new SAG Award
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinaberetta (View Post)
First, I love your avi
Second, I fear we are not going to see Alicia happy for a very long time Neither with Peter or Will or alone
I miss season one

And I smell a new SAG Award
Ditto for everything you said. And thank you. I love me some Sawyer
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm sad to see that Alicia may wind up all alone (there's the Howard Roarke image all over again) but happy that everything is finally coalescing around her and excited to see what JM does with this
That would have been great for her to have some kind of support but I totally agree. The only upside for me is that Jules and Archie are going to be a sight to see even more than they have been up til now!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Found those candids in HQ. What a lovely family they make

Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Do you think it would be totally out of line to write her and ask if her husband is up to being a biological father?

And I don't even mean like in The Kids are Alright, I'll stay clear, I swear. I just want his genes... (and I mean his smarts too, Jules, no worries, I think he's hot but I'll take the whole package. I have no issue with brainy hot men at all )
Old 03-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

JM and her hubby are cute, but her son surpasses both. That has to be one of the most adorable 3 year old I have ever seen.

Speaking of the kid, I love his name. Kieran. Glad to see people still provide their kid with a sensible name.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Speaking of the kid, I love his name. Kieran. Glad to see people still provide their kid with a sensible name.

Quote:
Do you think it would be totally out of line to write her and ask if her husband is up to being a biological father?

You're ready to have kids? You think it's a good idea? You don't want to grow up a little before that?

Speaking of gorgeous:
Julianna attended the opening gala of "Le Comte Ory" at the MET tonight.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
JM and her hubby are cute, but her son surpasses both.
why do you think I want his genes?

Quote:
You think it's a good idea? You don't want to grow up a little before that?
Everyone in my family is immature and that's not stopping them from breeding
Plus I never said it was for now. I'll just throw it in the freezer

Quote:
Speaking of gorgeous:

Screw that, I want her genes, not his
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sooooo cute that family is just so precious

Man, she looks SMOKING HOT

I just keep thinking about Alicia and how hurt she will be

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick