Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a "La Femme Nikita" fan, that show almost didn't make it to DVD. We had to fight very hard! So I'll tell you that we had to buy more than one copy per fan, 2-3 (depending on our own personal budget). LFN DVDs were $70.00, even $80.00 some box sets, so compared to $25.00 EW is easier. We were like Everwood fans, we're not TOO many, but we're loyal and we LOVE our show and want to have it on DVD! So those who can, buy 2-3 copies. Give them away as gifts to friends/family to introduce others to the show, etc.

Just my 2 cents to help the remaining 2 seasons to come out on DVD, too!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm totally down with getting a few copies of this when i get the money, plus my birthday is totally June 16th! so i'm pretty excited. I think we should just try to spread the word that the second season is being released, i don't think many people are expecting it to happen.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

^^

As well as getting a few copies I will spread the word for sure, too.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

ghjnj!

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know how many people will be able to do that (we do have a lot of college students here on the board, for example, and we all know what a college student budget is, heh), but every sale goes a long way, I think, so anyone that can is awesome!

Even getting season one if you've already seen season one or have the episodes but not the DVD would be good, just to further show that fans are still interested in watching the show. Plus, the S1 DVD is incredible, so you can't go wrong with getting it anyway! Hopefully season two is the same!

Quote:
I'm totally down with getting a few copies of this when i get the money, plus my birthday is totally June 16th! so i'm pretty excited.
Woah! Nice. Warner Home Video did that on purpose, heh.

Any ideas on how we could spread the word? Michael Ausiello helped and he's got a large readership, and then amazon.com and tvshowsondvd.com helped a ton, but beyond (unsuccessfully) contacting Kristen at EOnline.com, Korbi and TV Gal at zap2it.com, I'm not sure what else we can do to spread the word.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Any ideas on how we could spread the word? Michael Ausiello helped and he's got a large readership, and then amazon.com and tvshowsondvd.com helped a ton, but beyond (unsuccessfully) contacting Kristen at EOnline.com, Korbi and TV Gal at zap2it.com, I'm not sure what else we can do to spread the word.
Hehehehe, we could design T-shirts and wear them all the time, everywhere.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Hehehehe, we could design T-shirts and wear them all the time, everywhere.
Genius! UBC will be a collective Everwood fanbase in no time!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Throw in an option for a kicky "Everwood S2 DVDs!!!!!"-themed handbag, and I'm on board!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Throw in an option for a kicky "Everwood S2 DVDs!!!!!"-themed handbag, and I'm on board!
Sure thing. So it's decided, the three of us are gonna proselytize the world with missionary zeal, T-shirts and kicky handbags.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Sure thing. So it's decided, the three of us are gonna proselytize the world with missionary zeal, T-shirts and kicky handbags.
The world doesn't know what it's in for!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just received this new e-mail.

Everwood DVD news: Rear Box Art for Everwood - The Complete 2nd Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 04-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It sure does looks perdy, doesn't it? A second of silence for the confirmation of no commentaries, but that wasn't so realistic anyway. Can't wait to have those in my hands! *drools in anticipation*
Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Playing up Marcia Cross and Sarah Lancaster, probably wise. Shame they never did fit Tom Amandes in anywhere, though. Hmph.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I didn't even notice the complete lack of Tom. That does suck. I guess he wouldn't move any sales, though, because sometimes it seems like most Tom fans are Everwood fans.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Oooh, pretty! *takes second of silence for no commentaries* Maybe next time!

I had figured they'd get Marcia on there. Sad about no Tom, but everything else looks damn good. Is it June yet?
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I totally hate how they spoil the start of season 2 (Colin's death) right on the back of the DVDs. I mean, I know it's been some time since the show was on, but I know of many people who watched the first season via DVD and they've been trying to avoid learning what happens to Colin ever since...
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread