Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We are almost done with thread #2, so that really spells out how much we like to talk about this show.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I know! I think it's so cool. After all these years there is still so much to say about it.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There really is. It's not just the triangle either. This show might get super soapy at times but there's some meaningful stories, nice acting in between the soapiness.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There's two past posters from the One Tree Hill board back in the day who were Brooke/Lucas fans. Both are banned now which isn't surprising based on how they acted on both the One Tree Hill board and Everwood board.

Anyway, the one posted on the first Lucas/Peyton thread and said something like... "It's good that there's a couple posts on here, I was afraid no one was going to post on it."

She was being her usual passive aggressive/immature self. I wish she was around now (and might be under a different SN for all we know) considering Lucas/Peyton were not only endgame, BUT the Lucas/Peyton thread has the most threads out of any other on the OTH board and one of the most in all of FF for any thread.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-05-2014 at 08:20 PM
Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Back from Texas! I am behind but here is my 1x09 thoughts, I will try and watch 1x10 soonish.

1x09

“Cool being just friends?” Yeah right…..no he isn’t. He is just pretending to be cool about it.

Aww Naley!

Whitey. “The sun will not rise……that’s not a joke!” Haha gotta love a good melodramatic coach.

See Brooke and Lucas are normally the couple I go for. Not the expected one, instead one that you wouldn’t pick right away and one where they help each other become better people, balance out their weaknesses, Which Brooke and Lucas fit into well BUT the whole Peyton friendship drama, and Brooke being a manipulative bitch at times, ruins that for me. But luckily the show gave me Naley which fits that description to a T.

Ugh Dan.

“I’m happy mom, Dad loves me.” Dan wake up!

Nathan and the performances enhancers, Are you happy now Dan!!

“My heart’s racing too, that’s what happens when I’m around you.” That would have been corny and cute had it not been a lie…or at least a convenient truth to cover up the pills there Nathan.

I love how EVERY other character on the show is worried about Nathan’s behavior except his own dad. How blind do you have to be.

Because getting a guy to lose his integrity and give into temptation makes you a catch :eye_roll:…….granted it’s working because guys have no self control. It’s just sad to see Brooke keep this act up, you could be a good person and he would like you just as much…..probably more!

Drunk Lucas.

Oh the Tattoo! Fun fact that many may or may not already know. That was all an excuse to cover up Chad Michael Murray’s actual tattoo of his initials that to that point had been covered with a band aide. I suppose fans would have found it suspicious if Lucas always had a band aide on his shoulder for the entire series so the tattoo was born.

Poor Keith. He takes over the house and that’s when Lucas decided to be a teenager.

The one saving grace for LP in these early Brucas moments is you can always tell if he had the chance he would be with Peyton. That’s nice, but I just wish he would have gone for a different girl in the meantime. Having said that I am from a small town so I get the choices are slim. Still sucks for Peyton though……Seriously does Brooke have to rub it in her face?

Aww Peyton and Haley. This is a friendship I definitely ship to continue

Haley, so confident about being a virgin. The fact that is a big deal in Peyton’s eyes is kinda crazy….they are sophomores in high school!!!!

“For me its complicated, you just make it worse.” these two.

Mouth “Set of course by he who won’t be named.”

Was that a proud smile on Dan’s face…..no way.

Nathan!

Dan does care! Nice to see a human moment from him.

And it’s back to the scouts.

Poor Whitey. He thinks it’s his fault. At least someone in this show understands they are kids.

You tell him Deb! Both of them have their faults. She should be home more for him, and Dan should be there for him outside of basketball. But at least Deb understands there is more to Nathan’s life than basketball.

Aww Naley

And the transition to Peyton and Lucas again. Not lost on me.

Of course Brooke is there. Peyton. Why Lucas why! Oh wait right this is a TV show, that’s why. The absurdity of this entire love triangle is played out in the final scene with him looking between the two, come on!

Aww Whitey cancels basketball, I forgot about that.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Dan does care! Nice to see a human moment from him.
Did I miss something?

Just kidding.

Too bad it lasted for maybe 2 seconds. He's absolutely the worst. Didn't even care if Nathan really had taken drugs.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Did I miss something?

Just kidding.

Too bad it lasted for maybe 2 seconds. He's absolutely the worst. Didn't even care if Nathan really had taken drugs.
If you blinked you probably did miss it.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
IKR?

I also thought it was just awful he didn't even call Deb.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think that I had blinked because I've missed it .
Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

See Brooke and Lucas are normally the couple I go for. Not the expected one, instead one that you wouldn’t pick right away and one where they help each other become better people, balance out their weaknesses, Which Brooke and Lucas fit into well BUT the whole Peyton friendship drama, and Brooke being a manipulative bitch at times, ruins that for me. But luckily the show gave me Naley which fits that description to a T.
Do you know why you go for the "different ones" that aren't to be expected? Is it more or less you just like the unique aspect of it or does this apply to your life somehow as far as relationships? You have opposites attract for romantic interests/friends?

I find this interesting. If you want to talk to me privately about this, go there too.

Quote:
The one saving grace for LP in these early Brucas moments is you can always tell if he had the chance he would be with Peyton. That’s nice, but I just wish he would have gone for a different girl in the meantime. Having said that I am from a small town so I get the choices are slim. Still sucks for Peyton though……Seriously does Brooke have to rub it in her face?
That's definitely the saving grace part for LP and it's why I was never really worried about their long term status. It's kind of like with Ephram/Amy and then Amy/Tommy and Ephram/Madison. The story of Ephram/Amy was written in a way where those other pairings were just along the way temporary stops. Non-threatening which is why I was never threatened by Brucas. It just made me want to poke my eyes out sometimes. LOL
Old 10-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
IKR?

I also thought it was just awful he didn't even call Deb.
So awful! I get not doing it right away as you may rush to the court, get in the ambulance with him etc. But once you are sitting there waiting for him to wake up...come on man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
Do you know why you go for the "different ones" that aren't to be expected? Is it more or less you just like the unique aspect of it or does this apply to your life somehow as far as relationships? You have opposites attract for romantic interests/friends?
Haha I'm not sure. I'm not a girl that goes after guys I can change or anything like that because I don't think you can change a person unless they choose too. Like Nathan for example, Haley didn't change him. Sure she said stop being an ass to Lucas, and called him out when he was being a jerk but in the end it was him who made the choice to change. She even tells him they won't work, they are too different, but it is him who says no I want to be the kind of guy that's good enough to be with you. He made that choice.

BUT back to your question umm I guess opposites in a way. I'm not sure, I have dated some of both I guess. It's not a complete opposite thing, most the guys I have dated are similar to me in how they were raised, etc. but I have certainly had my Haley moment where I've had interest in a guy that was completely opposite of me on paper but its more when you see beyond that when the similarities come out (or don't). The thing is I guess I don't really think true opposites stay together, they attract sure, but unless you have similar values and lifestyles it's not going to work out in the end. So yeah opposites attract but opposites don't stay together, if that makes sense at all.

All that and it's TV so I usually get bored with couples that are obvious from the get go. I need a little challenge and surprise in my entertainment.....I want to see the build up.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
“I’m happy mom, Dad loves me.” Dan wake up!

This is what I don't understand. I have never seen Nathan smile when he is with his dad. If fact....he doesn't smile ever when he's home. Dan is not a stupid man. How can he not notice how unhappy his son is. Any parent would be devastated to see his child unhappy....especially these days with depression being such an issue.
Seriously....I can't handle Dan anymore and it's only 10 episodes!! I can't see him ever coming around because he has a serious mental problem!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is what I don't understand. I have never seen Nathan smile when he is with his dad. If fact....he doesn't smile ever when he's home. Dan is not a stupid man. How can he not notice how unhappy his son is. Any parent would be devastated to see his child unhappy....especially these days with depression being such an issue.
Seriously....I can't handle Dan anymore and it's only 10 episodes!! I can't see him ever coming around because he has a serious mental problem!
I don't think he cares if Nathan is happy. He thinks he does, but he doesn't.

Unfortunately, it is a very, very long road with Dan. He's a really big part of the series and his journey has only just begun!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan

Haha I'm not sure. I'm not a girl that goes after guys I can change or anything like that because I don't think you can change a person unless they choose too. Like Nathan for example, Haley didn't change him. Sure she said stop being an ass to Lucas, and called him out when he was being a jerk but in the end it was him who made the choice to change. She even tells him they won't work, they are too different, but it is him who says no I want to be the kind of guy that's good enough to be with you. He made that choice.

BUT back to your question umm I guess opposites in a way. I'm not sure, I have dated some of both I guess. It's not a complete opposite thing, most the guys I have dated are similar to me in how they were raised, etc. but I have certainly had my Haley moment where I've had interest in a guy that was completely opposite of me on paper but its more when you see beyond that when the similarities come out (or don't). The thing is I guess I don't really think true opposites stay together, they attract sure, but unless you have similar values and lifestyles it's not going to work out in the end. So yeah opposites attract but opposites don't stay together, if that makes sense at all.

All that and it's TV so I usually get bored with couples that are obvious from the get go. I need a little challenge and surprise in my entertainment.....I want to see the build up.
I understand, which is why you definitely liked Pacey/Joey. Their description falls right in line with what you're saying.

I think it's in your DNA to be challenged and on your toes with a guy or else you rather be on your own given your independence.

Makes sense!

I ship that magical meant to be from the start kind of thing. I hate surprises and want outcomes to hit me over the head instantly.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I understand, which is why you definitely liked Pacey/Joey. Their description falls right in line with what you're saying.

I think it's in your DNA to be challenged and on your toes with a guy or else you rather be on your own given your independence.

Makes sense!

I ship that magical meant to be from the start kind of thing. I hate surprises and want outcomes to hit me over the head instantly.
I have like unexpected pairings but I love magical pairings. I also believe in the narrative writers are selling me if I don't I don't watch the show. I also hold deep resentment for fan pandering.