View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan

Haha I'm not sure. I'm not a girl that goes after guys I can change or anything like that because I don't think you can change a person unless they choose too. Like Nathan for example, Haley didn't change him. Sure she said stop being an ass to Lucas, and called him out when he was being a jerk but in the end it was him who made the choice to change. She even tells him they won't work, they are too different, but it is him who says no I want to be the kind of guy that's good enough to be with you. He made that choice.

BUT back to your question umm I guess opposites in a way. I'm not sure, I have dated some of both I guess. It's not a complete opposite thing, most the guys I have dated are similar to me in how they were raised, etc. but I have certainly had my Haley moment where I've had interest in a guy that was completely opposite of me on paper but its more when you see beyond that when the similarities come out (or don't). The thing is I guess I don't really think true opposites stay together, they attract sure, but unless you have similar values and lifestyles it's not going to work out in the end. So yeah opposites attract but opposites don't stay together, if that makes sense at all.

All that and it's TV so I usually get bored with couples that are obvious from the get go. I need a little challenge and surprise in my entertainment.....I want to see the build up.
I understand, which is why you definitely liked Pacey/Joey. Their description falls right in line with what you're saying.

I think it's in your DNA to be challenged and on your toes with a guy or else you rather be on your own given your independence.

Makes sense!

I ship that magical meant to be from the start kind of thing. I hate surprises and want outcomes to hit me over the head instantly.