Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
I haven't gone out to best buy yet and checked to see if it's out.

You picked up your copy yet?
I'm going to get it in....3 hrs!!! My day is finally here

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Passionate Fan

IGN says that Kotor 2 is coming out Feb 8, 2005.

I wish it were out now. But sadly it's not.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Elite Fan

The official site says for PC only...Feb. of 2005.

X-Box you can get it right now!

The game is amazing!

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

I need my Prima Strategy Guide darn it! It makes going through the game so much easier Also, I got out of the initial planet...the mining colony...and that sith bastard Sion or whatever, he's not half as bad as Malak apparently...and they gave me like NO items...nothing compared with the first game...where there's plenty of vibroblades, virbroswords and such....and upgradable parts for them...in this new game...this isn't a joke...but when your first initial party is there me and my "jedi mentor" had to share one dingy virbroblade that only dealt damage of 1-10! So I had to equip an "advance mining blaster"...it wasn't intil we boarded the rebel ship that I found some more hand to hand combat weapons and armor. I'm now doing my dual blades...just got on the planet Telos...and hoping to get my lightsabers soon!

On this new versio of the game...you can customize more than just three crystals on the lightsabres...you can do six! That ought to be fun

Also, again my "jedi mentor"...my "old lady"...she had no lightsaber??? She was the mentor of Sion as told in the beginning of the game. In the original KOTOR, when you "found" bastila you also recovered her dual yellow lightsaber...it's only fair...you get a Jedi Knight...comes with a weapon, right? Imagine getting an action figure without excessories

My "Han Solo" rogue companion is extremely useful...he's got a high security/demolition skill starting point...which is crucial so far and is a smarta** He's got "canderous' " self regenration thing going on...without a level2 implant Imagine what that bad boy could do with a similar implant...but this is a new game...so maybe not the same implants.

Also the whole concept of "Jedi Style"...and the 11 styles...of which you can only possibly use 7 as the game booklet said...I don't get it. Prima Guide...where are you? I swear I'll be good and won't share you with anyone

Also, with the game being very similar...I haven't been able to figure out how to use my "feats"...my combat feats that is. There is no menu option for them so far I need my power attack, and my flurry man...I mean how am I supposed to kill an entire sith army with just basic moves?

So far I've got 3 party memebers, excluding me. Maybe after Telos I'll have more, plus decent equipment and at least two lightsabers...and I'll have learned how to use my combat feats in battle!

Alex

Old 12-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

So how many different colors? Do the crystals control size as well?

Feats huh...wow, big RPG stuff now.

What races can you choose?

Give us the skinny, son!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
So how many different colors? Do the crystals control size as well?

Feats huh...wow, big RPG stuff now.

What races can you choose?

Give us the skinny, son!
You know the feats, from the previous game...they're back...with some improvements

It's the same character creation...except you get more creation points to put into your character...which is awesome

Lightsaber crystals...here's the breakdown...and I haven't seen any of them yet...
2 power crystals, the color, the lens, the emitter and the energy cell. That's what the booklet says.

Alex

Old 12-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

You haven't created one yet?

You've had the game for 4 days now!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, I told you, I don't have a strategy guide, and I haven't played much the last two days. I have a life you know!

Alex

Old 12-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Since when!?

Hey, you should check out the Clone Wars cartoon thread, I just posted promo pix....one of them is your clone trooper with the jump pack on his back.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

OK...I got done with Telos, which is the second planet...Since I had no guide...I didn't complete all the missions. There's quite the plot revelations at the end when you leave Telos...I like this sequel's game storyline as much as the first one...very clever cut scenes, well done of course.

On the third planet...ODG, it's confusing tasks, one after the other, like 10 of them, I've accomplished like 3! My game play today was 8hrs straight! That's right, I put in 8 hrs to finish Telos and apparently "monkey" around on the third planet. My party now has 8 out of the 12 members, In the first game, you had 3 Jedi well before Bastilla got "taken away from you" so far I have 3 Jedi...with probably a 4th one on the way...all female Jedi btw....I like this party better, it's more fun, they have diff. skills and they're more versitalle. I miss not having a wookie so far, but I haven't been to the wookie planet either. With 4 slots open maybe one joins me then? I STILL DON'T HAVE A LIGHTSABER! I'm a level12 Jedi Guardian...without my main weapons!!! Why would Obsidian do this when creating the game? To make me appreciate it? So I never "lose it" when I do get one? One of your "tasks" is to create a lightsaber...but they don't give you any of the items! You have to find them all, and so far I have 3 of the required 4. I even have aquired one power crystal, but NO LENS! A rip off, also, none of the "force sensitive" people in your party come equipped with a light saber...well one does...but much like with Juhani in the first game, you end up fighting this being and the "saber" gets conviniently damaged while you're kicking butt. Good one, you bastards at Obsidian.

That's one of my major gripes. The combat has been improved, the "Jedi" fighting style is a big plus, I totally get that now...and I've managed to figure out how to use my combat feats, so far I have the Master Flurry which once again when combined with Master Speed force power gives you usually six hits on an opponent without them even moving...usually killing them...so that's a great combo to have, I have the Master Power Attack, which is awesome too. Surprisingly great in this game is the "concentration strike"...which when I land it...you always stun the opponent...a huge advantage when I'm surrounded by like 10 of them! No, I'm going through the game this first time as a Jedi Guardian/Soldier Class, pretty much relying on my excellent combat exp. from the first game...so not much "thinking" but a lot, and I mean, a lot of combat is involved. The first two planets weren't hard to get through. This one, has been quite difficult at times. Not b/c my character is week...I have two very good custom swords, excellent armor items, so my stuff is good...even without a dual lightsaber I'm very tough to get a hit on...also there's this great little feature...they've created an upgradable light "robe/armor" you can wear instead of the traditional Jedi Robes which allows you to look super cool and use ALL your force powers! The upgradability of items has been improved big time, even Robes now have two losts you can upgrade Swords have them, I mean almost every single good item can be turned into an awesome item with the necessary upgrades.

Another gripe I have is the confusing map...esp. on the third planet. Have you figured out that I can't spell it's name yet The maps are bigger in this game.

One more final gripe...which doesn't seem to bother some people but they should tell you this before hand...is that a LOT Of the time when you're on the third planet...maybe even more on the others after it! you're playing "solo" without a party?! Is that bad for me, not so much...my character is build for mele combat and it has a terrific defense rating...I mean I can take out people right and left...That's right Sion...I'm coming you you bastard! However, what Obsidian has done...is made you go "solo" on missions using like ALL of your party characters. Now, this is a PROBLEM people. Why? B/C you build a party around a "tactic"...OK, you're the guy who's going to be my "range" attack guy, or you'll be my "mele" person...which is my main character...Several times I had to play as a "mele" character with someone who wasn't built that way...and against mind you...not some "loser" attackers...but BOUNTY HUNTERS! That's right...they give the "tougher" fights to your PARTY members, NOT YOU! I had to be ever so clever to defeat those bounty hunters...I mean I was worried! Worried that I might not get through, b/c one of my characters had NO mele weapons to equip! That's right, all ranged ones on him...so I had to fight with two blasters against two assasins with energy shields each one holding a vibrosword in hand! Good luck trying to get your way out of that one folks I won't tell you how I bought time to "inject medpacks" "activate mandalorian shields" "inject myself with stuff" basically, plant mines and throw granades...b/c I want you too to die a couple of dozen times....it's more fun that way...Also, there's a part with Mira...you have to be very good and quick to NOT die...b/c you have to play her at that time. There's a very intriguing plot with her...I can't wait to see where it goes...but the last time a female bounty hunter was nice to me, ended up turning on me and I had to fight her and kill her. You just know that something about your party is so suspicious btw, I'm trying to figure out which members of it will stab me in the back later! I need no stinking party...just give me two force sensitive witches and a droid...and Sion for a snack before the main "villan" who doesn't scare me at all...unlike Malak. Malak was a tough fight btw at the end of the first game, esp. if your character wasn't build to fight him solo! I died like 20 times the first time through, b/c I didn't have a certain power that required me to "suck" the force out of the Jedi he had in those tanks...and he replentished himself 8 times folk's that's right...I basically defeated Malak 8 times! in one game...How hard was that to do...well let's just say that it required me to do everything I know how not to DIE myself.

Currently, I'm still on the third planet...I have to solve a math puzzle...after 8 hrs of game play...good luck trying to focus and move numbers around

Alex

Old 12-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hrm...interesting review. I'm somewhat scared to play it though, sounds like I'll like the third planet. I'm a good solo person, not so good with team members. We'll see though.

I take it since you'e spending such massive time on the box that you're really liking it?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

My current game time since thursday is 24hrs of game play.

I got through Nar Shaadaa....this is the name of the third planet

It was the hardest one by far...several though fights...all not INCLUDING my main character

I like so many things about this sequel game. The character progression is made a little easier...you gain points faster...and one of the quests on Nar Shaadaa you get to make a lightsaber when you leave the planet. However, people need to be careful and fulfull every quest to do so. The least expected quest for me gave me the last piece of the lightsaber...the lens. Believe me when I say this...YOU WILL NOT FIND these items anywhere else. I did find a short lightsaber and a single blade lightsaber on the next planet...which isn't listed on your navigation computer...the planet Dunx. It's been the most fun so far...the environment is good, you get to hang out with Mandalorians...and I won't give this away...but you get these incredibly cool mele items to give to the last character that joins your party...and I won't say who it is yet...but he's the best Mele fighter besides you! Saved the best for last huh, Obsidian. The party is now complete. So many different characters...your party will depend on how you play the game...and what your main character specializes on.

I'm currently on Korriban right now...and you can't enter any of the tombs...also, finally....a Familiar Map! I can do this planet with my eyes closed b/c the map is 90% the same as it was on the first game. You get to enter areas in the Sith Academy where you didn't get to go the first time...and you meet, well in a cut scene you see one of the "vilans" chasing you

The items you get in KOTORII are improved, they give you more bonuses so far and much greater way of building your character b/c they have so many ways to help you get better. Your party will also greatly benefit from these items. Since I'm a Mele Specializing Jedi Guardian...my party often includes the only Jedi Consular character b/c I put her in "Jedi Support" mode and she uses force powers that I have given her Like Battle Meditation, Force Valor etc. that give me and my other character many extra bonuses. Extremely useful when fighting large crowds of goons or "sith assasins" My other character...depends on what I have to do at the time...but I've made all my "tech guys" or people who specialize in computer/demolition/repair/security skills...they're all range attack people. The best person is Bao Dur....his skills are so high, by the time you leave Dunx is practically impossible for him not to open doors/slice computers and so on. He's also equipped with a remote that has a blaster...so that helps a little, but he's got low health and not enough combat related feats to help you in a fight. Mira, who joins your party on Nar Shaadaa...she's got excellent stats, all but a low security! If her security level was higher, you can always take her...b/c of her background that I can't say here she is an excellent range fighter. I've equipped her with two highly customized heavy blasters and the damage she does with them is insane! She's OK in mele combat, I've equipped her with two "twilek spinning blades" which don't do a lot of combat damage but enough to protect her if she's surrounded and I'm not there right away to help out. Mira is one of your party's best members, so is Bao Dur. Then, the two other character members who are "soldier" class other than me right now are very strong combat characters. Anytime I'm going to face a lot of combat without needing force powers or tech people my party is me and both of them. It's pure maddness for people to try and be cute and not use them both. If I had started out as a Jedi Consular, they would be critical to me. I'd just sit back, force power everyone to death, and they would be infront just grinding enemies into pieces. The bad thing is, you don't get one of them until Dunx and the other you get when you leave Telos. What until then if you're a Jedi Consular? It's slim pickings. Plus, your force powers...you gon't reach their maximum progression level until when you're on Dunx or right after that. With the Jedi Guardian, which I will give you my stats when I'm through with the game, and what powers I think are essential to your survival....but just b/c you're heavy into mele combat doesn't mean that you have to be weak at your Force Knowledge. Even with Wisdom 13 right now...I have items to increase that to 16...but it's sufficient enough to give me the much needed Force Wave yip, many of your fav. powers are back babeh, static field, force immunity, master speed, and so on. Those are four vital powers for a Jedi Guardian btw, blast them with two waves of Force...which knocks them down and makes damage...then wipe them out with your lightsaber.

I'm now the proud owner of a double bladed, purple lightsaber...which is quite awesome so far...and I haven't even gotten the better power crystals yet. Lightsabers are so hard to find so far, that it's made me appreciate it even more It's too bad, I purchased this crystal...and it's awesome...but it's dark side only!!! They should tell you that before you make the freaking deal for it

Nevermind

Also, the game play fighting, very much improved from the original. Your character has many moves now...and the Jedi Forms are extremely important to learn all 7 maximum allowed out of 11. The RPG element is increased...fine by me. Just give me Sion...and soon...I'm hoping I'll run into that bastard on Korriban...it'll be a reward day for me finally...I was able to beat the original game in less than 20 hrs. 8 times people! This game, I'm like half way through I guess...or a little more than that...but I'm at 24hrs. already. I'm also not doing any of the extra stuff, like paazaak or swoop racing.

There's been several bugs so far that I've discovered...not major ones...but one particularly made me mad b/c I finished the task, when to the right person to "tell him" and nothing happened! It was a pretty important task too? So I don't know if it'll reflect the game now or not?

Alex

Old 12-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Certainly sounds like I'll have myhands full...

Can you have two sabers? I loved two sabers...best in the game with them.

Are the forms anything like the 7 forms that the Jedi learn elsewhere? Like mace is a form VII practioner.

Nar Shaddaa huh? I always wondered what it would be like to go on to the smuggler's moon. Specially in Hutt space...ewww.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Well, 37hrs later...I did it! I got throught the game. The ending was very anti-climatic...and it sucked IMO. Sion wasn't tough to beat...even though he kept on regenrating his life all over...my character was very well balanced for one on one jedi combat...so yeah.

The last person you face...I don't want to give it away...isn't the dude on the cover with the mask...he's actually just a "decoy"...and you kill him off pretty easy on board his battleship. What a joke? They could have made those fights tougher and more adrenaline filled by having a better finish to the story of this game.

I'm telling you, the ending sucked. No cut scene??? Also, you're basically like "huh"...now what? They don't even show you making out of the last place you fought.

The reason why the ending sucked...very simple. They left the game open "ended" for another game after this one. I'm guessing in the last game...they are setting up a Revan/Your character conflict...or so the storyline is revealed. Revan is out there...you track him in the next game I guess.

Alex

Old 12-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

OK...second time through the game...I'm going with a Jedi Guardian Female Character...I'll try to be as "evil" as possible and see how that works out compared to the "light side" Jedi Guardian.

My recommendation stats for a Jedi Guardian regardless of which side you chose goes something like this.

Strength...14 Here we go...this is where the rubber meets the road. My first character, I ended up with 20 Strength before I equipped my items who boosted this number to an outstanding 31! That's a lot...I mean a lot. It left me a little weak in the force power department and the Dexterity...which is VITAL to NOT being HIT. So I'm thinking...take your strength up as much as you can with the remaning items...but you won't need more than 18 overall. Put your remaning points in Dex.
Dexterity...14...Add 1 more point here taking you to 15...and use a + Dexterity Implant...like a +3!
Constitution...16...Add 2 more points in this category making you extremely hard to kill.
Intelligence...8...You will not need this at all.
Wisdom...14...Do not add more. Your items will provide you with more points...esp. if you're light side...Circlet of Saresh...gives +5!!! when you're on MalachorV. Too bad you only get to use this item for the last planet...what a waste. If building a Jedi Consular...you can pump your wisdom up to 18-20 and add this item...You will truly be the force wielding machine you want to be!
Charisma...12...Do not add more...however it's imperative to have high charisma if you're going to rely on Force Powers to beat this game!

Still no strategy Guide...? Wal Mart said "delivery on Tuesday"...it's Friday and still nothing. Jerry, I'm beginning to suspect you're involved in this.

Alex

Closed Thread   Post New Thread