Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

Kind of a really physical character, isn't it?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Kind of a really physical character, isn't it?
Yeah, it's the whole point behind a Jedi Guardian who will rely on mele/lightsaber combat skills to get through the game.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time to be a Jedi Sentinel. You're not a soldier, nor a smuggler...you're an "explorer". In the first KOTOR, the only good thing about it was the automatic implant feat you got b/c of being an "explorer"...I found that the character was good using range weapons...but weak at mele combat and not strong enough to be successful using force powers. That leaves you with either a soldier class aka Jedi Guardian...or the smuggler...aka Jedi Consular. Just think if you want to go through the game as one of those.

The way KOTORII is designed...the Jedi Consular will have to solo a LOT of the tough areas...and he'll have to meet so many enemies so his "sneak attack" and "stealth" will not be as useful...so without your party to do the "mele" fighting for you, you'll be forced to really be very good at planning your strategy when approaching foes...esp. once you're inside the academy on MalachorV. My suggestion is to pump up your dexterity, wisdom and have good charisma. Then go down the "dueling" path....which means using a single light saber...focus on Jedi Defense...and rely heavily on Strength/Battle Stimulants. It's imperative for a Jedi Master/Sith Lord class to have a +2 at least for Force Point Regeneration! You'll most likely have to use multiple force powers and make sure you get Master Speed NO matter what class you are. Combined with Flurry....you get SIX hits per opponent...that is the SINGLE best attack in the game. Even the Master Force Jump with dual sabres that the Jedi Guardian has isn't as strong. Critical Strike is crucial...b/c if successful YOU STUN your opponent, even the Sith Lords you'll be fighting...in the original KOTOR Darth Malak at the end wasn't affected by it.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

What if you took a patient approach to it, will they generally come out afte a while.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Well, with the Jedi Counsular/Sith Lord...if you have a high demolition skill, some of them will chase you once you've been noticed, so you can mine the area and have them run through it.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I so loved doing that in Jedi Academy.

On the battlefront side of things. I picked up 81 kills in a losing effort of the first Bespin campaign.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

You know, I've only lost 4 times while playing any mode of SW battlefront! Out of like over a 100

I got my strategy guide from Prima! It's close to 300pages!!! There's information in there that you would have had to play the game for over a 100hrs. to get. Why do that? Not me. The coolest thing I found is that if you're a male/female character your party changes some and also if you're light/dark your characters that you can get to join your party changes some also. If you're a dark side character, you get a wookie bounty hunter to join you instead of Mira. It's a shame, b/c Mira is one of the most useful characters in the game. The wookie character will be similar to Zaalbaar in the first KOTOR game...he can become an offensive powerhouse with mele weapons. If you're a Sith Lord for example, reliant on Force Powers and not on combat, having him and Mandalorian Leader to kill everything in sight would be awesome to see You stay back and let the two of them just destroy all in your path, while force powering the enemy to death behind them...UNTOUCHED!

Also, if you're a dark side character, the game changes completely in the story! I'm hesitant to say what, but it's a major change regarding the lost Jedi Masters you're searching. I'm so looking forward to playing as a Dark Jedi Guardian/Marauder.

Another key not, if you choose the path of the Jedi Counsular...later either a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord...you don't get the "lightsaber forms"...you get something else...called a "force form"...which basically you can choose different ways to enhance the force within you I can't wait to be able to make a Sith Lord character and use powers like FORCE CRUSH! The galaxy will truly be in trouble then

The most important note from the strategy guide...several key sidequests are solved...which would have been hours of wondering around planets instead...and now for the big news...ALMOST your entire party HAS the ability to become "Jedi". Not a joke. I can't wait to see how this will work out. Going through the first game, I didn't pick up on this at all.

Alex

Old 12-24-2004, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know if i'd like the whole party to be jedi.

Sounds like you're going to make a sith character.

I've died a couple of times....I've noticed that the better I do, the worse my team deos....I'm trying to ponder it.

I started the galactic conquest modes....I guess that they're ok.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

My Sith Lord Character is under way on KOTORII. Things are going according to plan, I just landed on Nar Shaddaa...and I'm trying to "be a gray character right now" b/c If I turn too evil right away the game options on who joins the party changes some...and I don't want a "walking carpet" in my way when I can have the best bounty hunter hottie in the galaxy instead...Also, I'm really looking forward to "executing" revenge on some former Jedi Masters...They shall pay for exiling me from the Jedi Order! Form of payment...as Patrick Henry once supposebly said "give me liberty or give me death"...and I shall give them both with one swift stroke of my lightsaber!

Alex

Old 12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Indeed...such anger...such vengence, you've progressed well my young apprentice.

I've stopped battlefront for the time being and started playing Rebellion again.

I really need to pick up KOTOR II.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Be careful, Lord Cryostar, once you start to play KOTORII, it'll consume you

Old 12-29-2004, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Heh, I'm currently being consumed by Rebellion.

Training my myriad of rebel jedi to smash the empire.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

I'm currently busy with crushing what is left of the Jedi Order, then the Sith Lords trying to "catch me"...will wish they never did

Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, so if you go sith, you fight both sides?

It's like if you go bad in jedi knight...you have to beat the bad guys to assume their role...sucks.

I, in the mean time, am being hammered in rebellion.

I go to take coruscant only to walk into a massive fleet. How massive, you ask? 5 Super Star Destroyers, 3 Star Destroyers, 5 Lancer Frigates, 10 Light Cruisers, 2 Interdictors, 3 Carriers and about 85 Squadrons of fighers.

Needless to say, I got hammered....but I beat them...it was the second wave of 3 Super Star Destroyers and 2 Star Destroyers that chased me away.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

If you go "dark side" in KOTORII the story changes a lot. Basically, the "main quest" given to you after you complete Telos second planet you're on is to track down these Jedi Masters who "exiled you" out of the order for Following Revan/Malak in the Mandalorian Wars. If you're light side, you don't fight them, you end up meeting them later on. If you're light side, you eliminate them one by one...and then you eliminate the 3 Sith who are hunting you down and want you dead. So in all, you can end up fighting 7 "big fights" if you're dark side and only "3" if you go light side.

With my Sith Lord Character...I already completed Onderon/Dunx. I got my "crew" on board...now I'm going to attempt to "train two of my compadres" to be Jedi. One of them, if he converts to the dark side...he has the same look almost as did Darth Maul from EpisodeI.

It's going to be wickedly cool to see him weilding a dual red lightsaber if I can achive that

Alex

Old 12-31-2004, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

So the guy is a zabrak then?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread