Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper (View Post)
I totally forgot about of Carlisle... How are they going to get rid of him? I hope the Pamuk sandal will eventually burst, somehow get rid of Carlisle in the process and give Matthew a chance to be the rescue.
Yes Carlisle has been conspicuous by his absence - he does not seem the kind of man to gracefully bow out

I have said this earlier - will the Pamuk scandal really matter after 6 years and a world war thrown in between? I mean who cares - England has so many other things to worry about. But anyway, thats just my opinion

I hope Carlisle is implicated in Vera's death ( I don't want him to be guilty - but just implicated-enough for Mathew to finally do some rescuing of Mary )
Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeshipper (View Post)
Spoiler:
What's the tumblrs? Is there a link? Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuke (View Post)
What's the tumblrs? Is there a link? Thanks!
downton abbey | Tumblr

I am sure you already know

This is the main one that I follow - has a lot of good Gifs and videos- and a lot of S/B stuff that I ignore. But generally there is some good speculation here too
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
downton abbey | Tumblr

This is the main one that I follow - has a lot of good Gifs and videos- and a lot of S/B stuff that I ignore. But generally there is some good speculation here too
I have seen this link and I go to digital spy forum for information from time to time. A lot of people have been commenting negatively about M/M, which I don't understand, just like I don't understand why people are so excited about S/B...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hope Carlisle is implicated in Vera's death ( I don't want him to be guilty - but just implicated-enough for Mathew to finally do some rescuing of Mary )
That will work for me too. I don't care about the cause, as long as Carlisie is gone at the end.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Possibly 2 M/M kisses?
Nothing against living in the fantasy land, but you know, we are talking about DA? The same place where it takes 5 years and 1,637 garage scenes to have a two-second long kiss. I think it's much more likely that we'll find out that Edith and Anna were switched at birth, Mrs. Patmore is a Russian spy, Isobel and Matthew are impostors, Robert is a ghost and Thomas has discovered the magic cure for the Spanish flu.

Last edited by sugarhaven; 11-02-2011 at 05:24 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
Nothing against living in the fantasy land, but you know, we are talking about DA? You know, the same place where it takes 5 years and 1,637 garage scenes to have a two-second long kiss. I think it's much more likely that we'll find out that Edith and Anna were replaced at birth, Mrs. Patmore is a Russian spy, Isobel and Matthew are impostors, Robert is a ghost and Thomas has discovered the magic cure for the Spanish flu.
LOL。I'd love more storyline around Mrs. Patmore though.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
downton abbey | Tumblr

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I have seen this link and I go to digital spy forum for information from time to time. A lot of people have been commenting negatively about M/M, which I don't understand, just like I don't understand why people are so excited about S/B...
Yeah, I started at the digital spy forums but it was taken over by a group of S/B fanatics who love to bash M/M. Those kinds who bash M/M are seeing the world through a very weird set of glasses--so glad to be away from them! THIS is the place to be!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Another reason why I think

Spoiler:

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G

Last edited by jules166; 11-02-2011 at 05:47 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I started at the digital spy forums but it was taken over by a group of S/B fanatics who love to bash M/M. Those kinds who bash M/M are seeing the world through a very weird set of glasses--so glad to be away from them! THIS is the place to be!
I hate bashing other people's ships but it is quite amazing how many people ship s/b - I mean even by the virtue of screen time they are not the "hero" and "heroine" of the series. Mathew and Mary angst has been present from the moment they met - aren't they like "the couple to watch" out for in the show. Mary is also the most complex character in the show IMO - Sybil has only had some character dev. in series 2.
I am quite surprised that apart from this thread there is not a lot of M/M stuff out there. I can understand when people say they don't ship M/M - to each his own- but to claim to be bored by it is something beyond me.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
Nothing against living in the fantasy land, but you know, we are talking about DA? The same place where it takes 5 years and 1,637 garage scenes to have a two-second long kiss. I think it's much more likely that we'll find out that Edith and Anna were switched at birth, Mrs. Patmore is a Russian spy, Isobel and Matthew are impostors, Robert is a ghost and Thomas has discovered the magic cure for the Spanish flu.
this is the second time you have cracked me up today - you should totally write the script for DA - it needs some sunshine
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by firstimeshipper; 11-02-2011 at 05:59 PM Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 11-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)

[sp]the dancing scene is BEFORE Lavinia's death is because Matthew tells Mary, "no matter how much I MIGHT want to" in regards to basically not marrying Lavinia. That's a future tense verb usage. This scene absolutely cannot happen AFTER Lavinia is already dead because he would have said, "No matter how much I might have wanted to" as in the past tense. [/b]
That is a brilliant catch...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I read some of the comments there and I have to agree with you. I love M/M but they're not the main (or at least only) reason why I watch DA. I love most of the characters and love to discuss them with people who have different ideas and opinions. I don't mind if someone bashes Mary and Matthew from time to time (they are flawed after all) or is not fond of them in particular. It's great to see the scenes from all sorts of angles but I feel like people on the Digital Spy are watching a completely different show than I am. You'd think that Sybil and Branson are the flawless main protagonists and their earth-shattering forbidden love creates the central drama. Mary's some kind of an evil witch whose main life purpose is to destroy everybody else's happiness and who at best deserves to be tied down to an abusive creep for the rest of her life.

I like that DA assumes that their audience is smart and understands that even though we don't see something on screen (e.g. Matthew fighting in the war) it doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's fun to speculate and fill the blanks for all those unseen moments but the people on the Digital Spy in my opinion just live from these off-screen imaginary S/B scenes and completely dismiss what is happening in canon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread