Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeshipper (View Post)
Spoiler:
So much for trying to avoid the spoilers. Next time, please, please, put it in spoiler box.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, I only go away to the cinema and I come back with 4 pages worth of threads!!! Wow!!!!

I think I've added everyone who asked. If you don't see your name in the shipper list, just ask! It's getting so long and thread's moving so fast, it's hard to keep track!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper (View Post)
Spoiler:
You're definitely right about it being Mary - clothes match with other scenes.

Spoiler:

I'm still hopeful the dance scene comes at the end. No doubt I'll be wrong, but to me, it just makes so much more sense!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
So much for trying to avoid the spoilers. Next time, please, please, put it in spoiler box.
Sorry...I did not realize speculation was to be put in spoiler tags too..and it was speculation only...nothing has been confirmed..don't worry...also the message that I quoted was not in spoiler tag so I guess that got posted and thats what you saw
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeshipper (View Post)
Sorry...I did not realize speculation was to be put in spoiler tags too..and it was speculation only...nothing has been confirmed..don't worry
OK, I'll take your word for it. The jules166 comment was originally in a spoiler box (before you re-qoted it) so I thought it might have been a confirmed information. No biggie. Thanks.

Last edited by sugarhaven; 11-02-2011 at 06:01 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
I read some of the comments there and I have to agree with you. I love M/M but they're not the main (or at least only) reason why I watch DA. I love most of the characters and love to discuss them with people who have different ideas and opinions. I don't mind if someone bashes Mary and Matthew from time to time (they are flawed after all) or is not fond of them in particular. It's great to see the scenes from all sorts of angles but I feel like people on the Digital Spy are watching a completely different show than I am. You'd think that Sybil and Branson are the flawless main protagonists and their earth-shattering forbidden love creates the central drama. Mary's some kind of an evil witch whose main life purpose is to destroy everybody else's happiness and who at best deserves to be tied down to an abusive creep for the rest of her life.

I like that DA assumes that their audience is smart and understands that even though we don't see something on screen (e.g. Matthew fighting in the war) it doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's fun to speculate and fill the blanks for all those unseen moments but the people on the Digital Spy in my opinion just live from these off-screen imaginary S/B scenes and completely dismiss what is happening in canon.
What's a shame is the press tends to go to the digital spy boards for their fan reaction pieces and they're just going to report how popular S/B are from these few who have taken over and think that no one likes M/M. Makes me so angry because, like you, I think those people are watching a completely different show from me. M/M are definitely the A storyline of the show as is/was Bates/Anna. JF based Mary's situation with the inheritance on his own wife and he is very fond of Mary and adores Bates and Anna. S/B are fine--I would prefer Sybil chose someone more worthy of her, but they are a B storyline--one of many--and have had so little screen time and Sybil so sadly underdeveloped that I don't get all the fervor over them. I think most of it's imagined due to people lusting after Allen Leech. Whatever. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't direct a lot of misplaced hate towards Mary. They obviously don't pay attention to any of Mary's scenes because they've already biased themselves against her. I had to leave the DS board because it was destroying my pleasure for the show. Best thing I ever did!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Glad I never ventured over there this series. I did read it last year, and there was some hate, but not too much.

I have nothing against S/B either, but there storyline just gets so much less screen time!

I think the media know that Mary and Matthew are the main couple - not only was it mainly Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery doing a vast proportion of the publicising before the series started, but most reviews/articles I've read focus on Mary and Matthew. I've seen a few interviews too where they only talk about the Mary and Matthew's romance!!

I hope though, this doesn't mean we won't get our happy ending this series - I don't think I'll survive if I have to wait until the Christmas special!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Another reason why I think

Spoiler:
I freeze framed a shot with the stairs in the background and there are Christmas garlands decorating the banisters - it must be Christmas 1919.

Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hawaii (View Post)
I freeze framed a shot with the stairs in the background and there are Christmas garlands decorating the banisters - it must be Christmas 1919.

Spoiler:
wow,I will have to go back and watch again. Can you post the screen shot?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper (View Post)
wow,I will have to go back and watch again. Can you post the screen shot?
I'm not good at screen shots - it's about 10 seconds in when Mary asks "When was this?"
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Ooohh...fellow freeze framer..

Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famagusta (View Post)

Spoiler:
Awesome catch

Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm not good at screen shots - it's about 10 seconds in when Mary asks "When was this?"
Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread