Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper (View Post)
I was actually thinking that they will get rid of Molesley, then the Earl so Bates will eventually become Matthew's valet in S3.
Robert/Bates is definitely my favourite bromance of the show but they've been recently foreshadowing the Matthew/Bates, so you might be up to something. I guess, like furniture, valets are inherited among their kind of people.

When, after 2x05, I started thinking about all the different scenarios involving Matthew feeling his lower parts again, I was mostly picturing Mary tugging his blanket or flashing a bit of cleavage . I certainly would never have gueesed that it would be Bates pushing his chair and putting him into bed that would give Matthew the tingling sensation.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hawaii
I thought it was Bates at first, but why would he be talking to Lavinia? Bates was acting as Matthew's valet while he was recuperating at DA. With Moseley out sick with the flu, too, maybe Bates is once again tending to Matthew. But what would Bates have said to Lavinia to make her cry - something about Matthew? The only other person I could think of is that her father has been called in.
Wasn't it inappropiate for a man to enter a woman's bedroom? Let alone when she's in bed? I don't recall one of the male servants ever entering one of the women's bedrooms. So why would Bates or any other man, except for Matthew (and maybe even that would have been inappropiate) be with Lavinia? I haven't thought about her father, so it could be him, but in that case I don't understand why she's crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper
I read about the speed of death somewhere too. It is like coughing in the morning and dying in the evening.
That's what I've been reading too. A little cough at breakfast, dead by dinertime.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hawaii (View Post)
I thought it was Bates at first, but why would he be talking to Lavinia? Bates was acting as Matthew's valet while he was recuperating at DA. With Moseley out sick with the flu, too, maybe Bates is once again tending to Matthew. But what would Bates have said to Lavinia to make her cry - something about Matthew? The only other person I could think of is that her father has been called in.

It could be Bates - the person is leaning forward like how Bates does over his walking stick - but honestly if its anyone else apart from Mathew - I doubt at the significance of the scene
Old 11-02-2011, 04:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
That was Lavinia's uncle. She sold the story to save her father from bankruptcy.
I thought the father was involved in illicit politics, and that he was supposed to give info to Carlisle so that he wouldn't......oh never mind, I'll just go watch that episode again! If it's not directly about M/M, the details don't stick in my head!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
I'm not sure what happened to her father whether he died or is still alive.

Spoiler:
Oh yes - its probably going to be the most anticipated scene on Sunday - when will Sunday come!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeshipper (View Post)
It could be Bates - the person is leaning forward like how Bates does over his walking stick - but honestly if its anyone else apart from Mathew - I doubt at the significance of the scene
Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageiris (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

By the way have you realized how much all of us are speculating over who the person is by looking at the coat...for half a second of a scene - I have a feeling that we will all be half out of our minds with all the speculation before Sunday

Last edited by firstimeshipper; 11-02-2011 at 04:25 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

By the way have you realized how much all of us are speculating over who the person is by looking at the coat...for half a second of a scene - I have a feeling that we will all be half of our minds with all the speculation before Sunday
So true. Is the finale 90 minutes and the Christmas Special 2 hours long? Or did I confuse the finale with the Christmas special?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So true. Is the finale 90 minutes and the Christmas Special 2 hours long? Or did I confuse the finale with the Christmas special?
No you are absolutely right.

We have a total of 3.5 hrs of Downton Abbey goodness coming our way - which in US would be equal to 4 episodes - I am so happy right now
Old 11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:

By the way have you realized how much all of us are speculating over who the person is by looking at the coat...for half a second of a scene - I have a feeling that we will all be half out of our minds with all the speculation before Sunday
I know! I've been wondering which man has his hand on a woman's waist in one of the previews for Sunday - it's like one split second, but I've analyzed it repeatedly! Hopelessly obsessed!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I know! I've been wondering which man has his hand on a woman's waist in one of the previews for Sunday - it's like one split second, but I've analyzed it repeatedly! Hopelessly obsessed!
Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
No you are absolutely right.

We have a total of 3.5 hrs of Downton Abbey goodness coming our way - which in US would be equal to 4 episodes - I am so happy right now

Given the speed of events at Downton, a lot of things could happen in 90 minutes...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:

Last edited by firstimeshipper; 11-02-2011 at 04:42 PM Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Given the speed of events at Downton, a lot of things could happen in 90 minutes...
yes

Infact I am hoping for some really good M/M angst scenes that lead up to the dance
Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh yes that waist/hand grab scene...I know that scene is more intriguing - coz that looks like Mary & probably Carlisle/Mathew. So def. more interesting to speculate on.
However, there is a definite agreement out there in the tumblrs and on the forums that woman's waist is Mary's. Its so funny - imagine Michelle Dockery reading that all over the world people are speculating if that waist is hers or not !!!
I totally forgot about of Carlisle... How are they going to get rid of him? I hope the Pamuk sandal will eventually burst, somehow get rid of Carlisle in the process and give Matthew a chance to be the rescue.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread