Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhaven (View Post)
If that's the case, than I'm definitely not worried about her. As if Dr. Clarkson ever diagnosed anyone correctly. I can't believe they are still keeping him around.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
If that's the case, than I'm definitely not worried about her. As if Dr. Clarkson ever diagnosed anyone correctly. I can't believe they are still keeping him around.
LOL! then again, Mary once said they've never changed their dentist even though he's horrible..ah, Edwardians, men of tradition!

..oh, and I could I please be added to the shipper list as well!!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

silverduck2day - Thank you for the new thread and the title is so true

Just to let everyone here know Downton Abbey is on this months television show polls if you would like to vote then you need to be on the campaign thread list or it won't count the links are in my signature hope to see some of you over there
Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaSophia (View Post)
I've watched that snippet about 5 times and I can't figure out who the man is. Could be Matthew (in that case I understand why she's crying), could also be dr Clarkson but from what I've read about this flu she would already be too ill to look the way she does by the time the dr would be there.
I read about the speed of death somewhere too. It is like coughing in the morning and dying in the evening.

Where is Lavinia's father? Did he die already? It is odd to me that she stays with her fiance and his family and wants to marry from Downton.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure what happened to her father whether he died or is still alive.

Spoiler:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmshipper (View Post)
Where is Lavinia's father? Did he die already? It is odd to me that she stays with her fiance and his family and wants to marry from Downton.
I agree - I thought it was kind of odd and slightly inappropriate that they want to do the wedding at Downton. I think this is more of a production decision rather than a narrative decision - I believe they want to show Mathew's swaying from Team Lavinia to Team Mary in the midst of all the excitement of the wedding. And they can't do it by moving the wedding to London -there would be no reason for half the Crawley's to be there if that was the case.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is more likely a production decision as you said firstimeshipper, it wouldn't make sense to have half the crawleys in London if Matthew was swaying in his thoughts and feelings towards Mary
Old 11-02-2011, 02:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeshipper (View Post)
I agree - I thought it was kind of odd and slightly inappropriate that they want to do the wedding at Downton. I think this is more of a production decision rather than a narrative decision - I believe they want to show Mathew's swaying from Team Lavinia to Team Mary in the midst of all the excitement of the wedding. And they can't do it by moving the wedding to London -there would be no reason for half the Crawley's to be there if that was the case.
Yes, it was rather cheeky to ask to have the wedding in DA when Mary's wedding is also coming up. What you said about production does make sense. Was Lavinia's father in prison for that scandal he was involved with? That's supposedly how she knew Carlisle. Maybe he is still in jail.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
She is crying isn't she ?- it has to be Mathew - no other male really talks to her in the house- though the person looks a little plump and I cant honestly make out

I thought it was Bates at first, but why would he be talking to Lavinia? Bates was acting as Matthew's valet while he was recuperating at DA. With Moseley out sick with the flu, too, maybe Bates is once again tending to Matthew. But what would Bates have said to Lavinia to make her cry - something about Matthew? The only other person I could think of is that her father has been called in.

PS - Silverducks, can I be added to the shipper list, too?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he is still in jail
Old 11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
Maybe he is still in jail
That was Lavinia's uncle. She sold the story to save her father from bankruptcy.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well said. Agree that it is a production convenience.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hawaii (View Post)
Bates was acting as Matthew's valet while he was recuperating at DA. With Moseley out sick with the flu, too, maybe Bates is once again tending to Matthew.
Poor Molesley, not only did Bates steal his girl, his job as Lord G's valet, the love of his life (the shoehorn of course), and his job as Matthew's valet, now he's stealing his position in the Crawley House as well??? And was it Bates who infected him with the flu?

Molesley must have been so happy when he heard that his master was paralyzed. Finally, there'd be more to do for him than just watch him dress. He must have been so crushed when he found out that once again it's the lame Bates (who himself can't even walk without a cane) who will be pushing Matthew's wheelchair around, carrying him up the stairs and dressing him up.

If that's not a legit reason to murder this guy (or murder his wife and point the evidence at Bates), than I don't know what is.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59hawaii (View Post)
I thought it was Bates at first, but why would he be talking to Lavinia? Bates was acting as Matthew's valet while he was recuperating at DA. With Moseley out sick with the flu, too, maybe Bates is once again tending to Matthew. But what would Bates have said to Lavinia to make her cry - something about Matthew? The only other person I could think of is that her father has been called in.
It does look like Bates. Maybe Lavinia asked where Matthew is and Bates replied he is dancing with Lady Mary. Ok, I am just joking!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Poor Molesley, not only did Bates steal his girl, his job as Lord G's valet, the love of his life (the shoehorn of course), and his job as Matthew's valet, now he's stealing his position in the Crawley House as well??? And was it Bates who infected him with the flu?

Molesley must have been so happy when he heard that his master was paralyzed. Finally, there'd be more to do for him than just watch him dress. He must have been so crushed when he found out that once again it's the lame Bates (who himself can't even walk without a cane) who will be pushing Matthew's wheelchair around, carrying him up the stairs and dressing him up.

If that's not a legit reason to murder this guy (or murder his wife and point the evidence at Bates), than I don't know what is.
You cracked me up! I was actually thinking that they will get rid of Molesley, then the Earl so Bates will eventually become Matthew's valet in S3.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread