Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 05:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by in love with you dummy (View Post)
Would one last kiss really be worth it though?
True. Hard to tell. With the poor writing we are getting now, they'd probably ruin a JM kiss.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

you know it's gonna be like, they kiss and jane steps away like 'wow... i felt nothing. ur nothing, michael! byeeeee!' lol
Old 05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali (View Post)
you know it's gonna be like, they kiss and jane steps away like 'wow... i felt nothing. ur nothing, michael! byeeeee!' lol
Exactly
Old 05-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Seems like it from what I've seen.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I rather get no kiss than that
Old 05-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

if they do go that route, i hope michael reciprocates it. i would rather he also feel good about moving on than leave it with him pining for jane forever. i know they said he'd love her til his dying breath but he's no longer the michael we know, he's a michael/jason hybrid so maybe that means he has a shot at a happy life without jane
Old 05-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
if they do go that route, i hope michael reciprocates it. i would rather he also feel good about moving on than leave it with him pining for jane forever. i know they said he'd love her til his dying breath but he's no longer the michael we know, he's a michael/jason hybrid so maybe that means he has a shot at a happy life without jane
I sure hope so! Michael deserves to be happy! He has been through so much.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Well, judging from the not-so-subtle hints in their scenes from tonight's episode, they're already laying the groundwork for the "we're different people now" excuse. Because of that, I was very unsettled by what I saw of them, except for the very last scene when Michael asks Jane to come with her to Montana. At least we finally got to see them hold hands and the music swelling was such a romantic tease . All for nothing of course.
Spoiler:

Quote:
this is so sad, but true (because you know they have to have Jane give Michael the ultimate rejection to make the real endgame make sense; Michael doing it won't cut it for Jennie). I'd rather have no final kiss at all than have it be poorly done and tainted.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine

Last edited by bscgirl99; 05-01-2019 at 10:39 PM
Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

agreed - how was this the same Michael that read all of snow falling in a sitting and annotated it? This writing is so inconsistent.
Spoiler:
Old 05-02-2019, 02:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
agreed - how was this the same Michael that read all of snow falling in a sitting and annotated it? This writing is so inconsistent.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 05-02-2019, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNS (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 05-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's really so unhealthy how RJ is gonna be endgame after this. you can't be the person to drag your partner out of depression just so they can feel better. when it's all about this co-dependency it's never gonna get better. he needs to be treated with therapy and all things necessary but the other person can't be the cure just like that. one day he's suicidal, and the moment Jane takes him back he's all fine? wish it were that easy in real life but it isn't. I really don't wanna crap on this ship but just as a comparison to what JM could be if the writer wasn't hyperfocused on an unchangeable idea that makes no sense, because it's really bad. Jane and Michael are clearly so good together. they might need time to figure stuff out in this new situation, but none of them are making the other feel bad, not now and not before. if one of them says goodbye, it'll be all fine and they won't bang on their door, and they won't have suicide attempts to get the other's attention, not that I wanna diminish that, if someone's got a problem like that it's serious matter. but if Rafael is all fine every other day, that is not depression. it's always there and your partner won't be able to fully drag you out of it.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

As someone with depression, I hate when it's used improperly just to try to make someone sympathetic. This is one reason why it's so misunderstood.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree
Old 05-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
It's very inconsistent. I get that they want to show how Michael has changed over the years, and they were doing well with it actually when he pointed out that he still didn't like Cubanos in an earlier episode. It was a subtle, reasonable step. But going from writing "sappy" Michael style comments and fondly remembering their Puerto Rican style honeymoon in Jane's room in the last episode, to laughing over the lunch box and password in this episode, doesn't compute. It's too big of a swing. Seems that even here Jennie was freaking out about Michael/JM being too perfect so she had to make sure to fix that and spell it out to us like we're five that they're different people now and they can't and won't be together so give up all hope now .

Actually in reality, Jane and Michael being different people now shouldn't even be a sign of doom. Had JM remained married, who knows what kind of changes they would've gone through together as individuals and a couple. They missed out on four years together for something out of their control, but you can tell they love each other as much as ever. This was especially evident in the last scene. It'd be fascinating to see more of a story where they get to know each other as they are now, taking the time to really reconnect (over a period of episodes and not just one). Relationships take work and involve some risk, but it's worth it in the end, more often than not. As I've said, this whole Michael story is something that has so many layers and takes time to produce results, but instead we've just had half-hearted attempts, culminating in JM going to Montana together where
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Here's a gifset of that conversation, and that's pretty much what went down. Jane had been scared of Michael going back to work after the shooting and they discussed that, and if he wanted to return to work. Something married couples would ordinarily discuss after such an event. It was definitely a retcon, and the lying thing even more so. Jennie was reaching all the way back to early S1 for that, even though they discussed in their proposal about honesty in their past relationship and how things were better now. But again, she has to make sure fans are to never once doubt that it was actually always Rafael for Jane, not Michael. So she has to make sure every bit that implies otherwise is blown apart. This goes to show why doing a planned ending when so much has naturally changed is a huge misstep. But it's all whatever at this point. I'm also looking forward to when this trainwreck ends next week. I'll always love JM, but this current stuff with them is not going to be part of my canon .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread