Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Everything is so off this season. The characters aren't themselves, even Rafael. So jealous and selfish. They had the potential to build up his character more when he brought Michael back but no he's just a jerk like season 1. All his growth down the drain. Jane is so much out of character. Barely caring about Michael's feelings. And it also looks like she is being guilted into being with Rafael because of Mateo. Michael is kinda just there. They aren't exploring much of anything with him. Just making him a stepping stone to a JR endgame.

Our beloved characters are just shells of what they used to be. Molded into different people to fit an unrealistic ending. This makes me so sad.

Last edited by katiejo1; 04-26-2019 at 04:29 PM
Old 04-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I did feel raf had matured but he's having his worse qualities of s1 and s2. Yeah I really wish they gave micheal a voice
There was this narrative Rafael was being selfless by brining Michael back. But this kills that narrative. It's awful seeing these beloved characters being desecrated more and more each episode.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 04-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
There was this narrative Rafael was being selfless by brining Michael back. But this kills that narrative. It's awful seeing these beloved characters being desecrated more and more each episode.
It really is! The week of the last episode we should really blow this board up with happy JM moments, pictures and videos. Think we will all need it!
Old 04-27-2019, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's the pic spam again

https://michaelcorderoes.tumblr.com/post/184434859550
Old 04-27-2019, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry dp

Last edited by fox24; 04-27-2019 at 06:57 AM
Old 04-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

It actually really upset me that Mateo hates Michael. That was his second father. They made a point to talk about all aspects of co-parenting except for Michael/Mateo. Even if Mateo doesn’t connect with Michael, if Michael has his memories back he should be upset at that. Also, why no Brogelio scenes yet? Michael is getting no POV here.

Rafael is petty as always. Also, every mention of Jane wanting Rafael has to also include Mateo. I feel like if I was a JR fan, I would be mad lol.

Last edited by Static Waves; 04-27-2019 at 06:55 AM
Old 04-27-2019, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I cut Mateo slack cause he's five but yeah I also wish they showed micheals feelings towards that. He treated like a prop and I hate that
Old 04-27-2019, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
It actually really upset me that Mateo hates Michael. That was his second father. They made a point to talk about all aspects of co-parenting except for Michael/Mateo. Even if Mateo doesn’t connect with Michael, if Michael has his memories back he should be upset at that. Also, why no Brogelio scenes yet? Michael is getting no POV here.

Rafael is petty as always. Also, every mention of Jane wanting Rafael has to also include Mateo. I feel like if I was a JR fan, I would be mad lol.
To couple up just for the sake of the kid (cough Shawn and Katie, Girl meets World), as well as here and everywhere else is a mistake and really painful to watch.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

The kid couple up is the worst trope honesty. It’s been my main issue with JR since S1. It used to be Rafael making Jane feel guilty about picking Michael and to think about Mateo/their family...but now it seems like Jane is feeling guilty about that all on her own again.

Also, this idea that Michael is breaking up a happy family right now SMH...like Michael asked to have his memory wiped and to be taken away from the happy family he and Jane were building together.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Love those!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
The kid couple up is the worst trope honesty. It’s been my main issue with JR since S1. It used to be Rafael making Jane feel guilty about picking Michael and to think about Mateo/their family...but now it seems like Jane is feeling guilty about that all on her own again.

Also, this idea that Michael is breaking up a happy family right now SMH...like Michael asked to have his memory wiped and to be taken away from the happy family he and Jane were building together.
I agree. I can't comment on this season, because I refuse to watch. But I get what you are saying.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's why JR seems so forced. They aren't exploring Michael's feelings or what he went through. Jane doesn't really have a reaction to the horrors Michael went through. It just isn't in character for either of them.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
That's why JR seems so forced. They aren't exploring Michael's feelings or what he went through. Jane doesn't really have a reaction to the horrors Michael went through. It just isn't in character for either of them.
Seeing characters we have known and loved for years acting OOC is so painful to watch. Sadly we all have a long list of shows that have fallen victim to that at this point.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Seeing characters we have known and loved for years acting OOC is so painful to watch. Sadly we all have a long list of shows that have fallen victim to that at this point.
Very true
Old 04-28-2019, 02:46 PM
New Fan

I come in peace with a funny

Hello! #teamcordueva shippers. I am a #jafael shipper who comes in peace to make you all laugh!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzvNTpA...id=opl5l2ddjvs
Closed Thread   Post New Thread