Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2019, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean she knew it was micheal then chased him. How is not true love
Old 04-21-2019, 01:48 PM
New Fan

I love season 2, but this scene is everything for me. My favourite, I guess. To me this scene is so underrated. I love how it is simple, organic and relatable.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the episode that made me team micheal
Old 04-21-2019, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm guessing they are going to play it off as Michael and Jane grew into different people in the past 4 yrs who are no longer compatible

Loved that scene so much! I want to see both their hearts glow for each other again!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

^ That will more than likely be the case and I'm already annoyed by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali (View Post)
YAY for the thread! And thank you so much for talking to a mod.
Spoiler:

I loved this moment too - as well as when they were sitting on the bench talking and as time passed they were sitting closer and closer :') though I'm surprised Jane didn't talk to him about what it was like to mourn him - they really missed an opportunity for them to both cry over the unfair things that happened, romance aside.
Spoiler:

Yes! I was thinking the same thing. You'd think Michael had just come back from a business trip with the way he and Jane were casually catching up with each other. I like that they can banter so easily and quickly despite the time that's gone by, but we couldn't see them talk about the tougher stuff? How Michael felt being away from everyone initially, and what he was thinking? How Jane felt mourning him and being without him for so long? She even tells him in response to one of his stories, "you could've died!" Like, it was all very tongue-in-cheek. Despite where they end up romantically, they deserved to rant and cry together about how unfair things were. If the whole point of this arc is closure, that's part of getting closure, acknowledging together what happened. Jane had to have thought about what she would say to Michael if she ever got the chance to see him again; everyone wishes what they could say to a loved one who has passed. She has the opportunity now and... nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNS (View Post)
I did find it curious and weird that they didn't hug or kiss or touch at all and that felt very deliberate to me.

I don't know if I am projecting or what but I feel like, in that moment after Michael said, "Hi, Jane," Jane would have flung her arms around him and hugged him tight like she never wanted to let him go. It wouldn't have to be played as a romantic beat either but rather gratitude over someone you cared about so much and grieved for so much finally coming back to you.

Can you imagine how bittersweet that moment would have been? I am actually tearing up just thinking about it.

Oh my babies...my beautiful babies...
I felt it was very deliberate too. There's no way Jane's first instinct wouldn't have been to hug or even kiss Michael in the moment. Simply because of the sheer joy of having someone you loved so much, who you thought was gone forever, has now come back to you. I mentioned something similar in the last thread; they didn't bother to have her show even a modicum of joy in the moment. It wouldn't have had to be played as a romantic beat either, just joy that takes both Jane and Michael out of the moment for a few seconds as they reunite (truly reunite, not just stand five feet apart in front of a bus and then suddenly being on the bench). Then a few seconds later, it could wear off and they'd both realize how much has changed. Bittersweet, but also beautiful, without changing the overall story. Jane and Michael were merely newlyweds when they were ripped apart, yet their banter is more like a couple who broke up, or never got together, before one of them died and then suddenly returned. Perhaps this is Jennie trying to revert JM back to S1 status, but it's not working. Not with what we were told about JM through words and scenes she herself wrote.

Regarding touch and bittersweet moments though, something tells me
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
TFTNT!

It literally took Jane ONE LOOK to know Michael was back. How is this not soulmate and endgame status wtf
I wish I knew why .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine

Last edited by bscgirl99; 04-21-2019 at 08:26 PM
Old 04-22-2019, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
Spoiler:
i agree with your entire comment, but omg this had me clutching my heart for real :'(
Old 04-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
It literally took Jane ONE LOOK to know Michael was back. How is this not soulmate and endgame status wtf
It should be....

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2019, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Regarding touch and bittersweet moments though, something tells me
Spoiler:
Oh! I don't know if my heart could take that!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 04-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali (View Post)
i agree with your entire comment, but omg this had me clutching my heart for real :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
Oh! I don't know if my heart could take that!
Neither could mine, which is exactly why it would happen . Knowing exactly how to pull everyone's heartstrings.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Neither could mine, which is exactly why it would happen . Knowing exactly how to pull everyone's heartstrings.
Still would be nice to get one more epic kiss between them even if it is a kiss goodbye
Old 04-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for the videos.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
Spoiler:
I'm not a J/M shipper but I come in peace to drop this info.
Spoiler:
ETA: They're done filming.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 04-24-2019 at 09:03 PM Reason: Changing /Added things
Closed Thread   Post New Thread