Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmecathy (View Post)
Hello! #teamcordueva shippers. I am a #jafael shipper who comes in peace to make you all laugh!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzvNTpA...id=opl5l2ddjvs
Ha! I'm glad the cast was at least enjoying themselves on set.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 04-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL I love that! I'll be honest, I've ALWAYS wanted a Michael/Rafael friendship. Their few nice moments on the show are some of my favorites
Old 04-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali (View Post)
LOL I love that! I'll be honest, I've ALWAYS wanted a Michael/Rafael friendship. Their few nice moments on the show are some of my favorites
Agreed. The potential was there for sure!

Love that pic! Seems like all the cast were really close.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali (View Post)
Before his "death," they were on good terms. But since the series brought back the classic love triangle, they're back to being rivals. And given what's happened so far, they're definitely not going to part on good terms.
Spoiler:
Old 04-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Before his "death," they were on good terms. But since the series brought back the classic love triangle, they're back to being rivals. And given what's happened so far, they're definitely not going to part on good terms.
Spoiler:
It be nice if they end it with everyone on good terms.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
It be nice if they end it with everyone on good terms.
It was very entertaining when Ro, Raf and Michael hung out in that episode in S3A. Mateo was with them, but it's not like he could have joined the conversation. lol
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

That Justin/Brett picture is awesome. I've always loved their offscreen friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
It actually really upset me that Mateo hates Michael. That was his second father. They made a point to talk about all aspects of co-parenting except for Michael/Mateo. Even if Mateo doesn’t connect with Michael, if Michael has his memories back he should be upset at that.
I understand Mateo's POV here slightly; he's a kid who wants his parents together. Most kids his age do. However, I do wish Jane had sat him down and told him that Michael loved him a lot and was ready to raise him as his own son and while he doesn't have to like Michael, he can at least not act like a jerky brat around him. Most importantly, Jane (and Rafael as well) needs to tell Mateo that no matter what happens, his parents are always going to love him and they will always be a family.

That said, I'd be lying if I said my first thought about this wasn't for Jane to spank him, yell a bit, and/or confine the kid to his room for 15 minutes.

Quote:
Also, every mention of Jane wanting Rafael has to also include Mateo. I feel like if I was a JR fan, I would be mad lol.
I noticed this as well in the last episode, most notably when Jane placed her phone with the picture of the three of them on top of the book, as if to say that right now, family should be her focus. I hate that the show has framed it as should Jane choose Rafael because they're family or Michael because they're soulmates/true love. That's not a fair choice. One, we've seen that she can have both, as season 2 and season 3A showed us. Two, choosing someone because they're the father of your child and you can tolerate, and maybe even love him, but not on the same level as someone else, is a completely outdated and backwards way of thinking. It's only going to cause problems, especially when the kid grows up and realizes the family only stayed together for his/her sake. This may not be the show's intention, but it's how it's coming off when laying out who Jane should ultimately choose. And I fear
Spoiler:

Ultimately, it bugs me that this show, which had been all about turning expected tropes on their heads and pushing the idea of a big modern family,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
It really is! The week of the last episode we should really blow this board up with happy JM moments, pictures and videos. Think we will all need it!
I agree!
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-29-2019, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Also, I loved Jane’s dispassionate notes about Michael

Despite Petra saying JR are destined for each other, it was a Jane herself who did say Michael was her soulmate
Old 04-29-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's what I had suspected before the season started, that Jane would choose Rafael only bc it's not such a huge trauma on her kid who's really happy about his biological parents being together. that's the only reason, which is somewhat understandable but also very unhealthy on the long run. the couple won't be happy and the kid will feel that. so nobody wins

Old 04-29-2019, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
it's what I had suspected before the season started, that Jane would choose Rafael only bc it's not such a huge trauma on her kid who's really happy about his biological parents being together. that's the only reason, which is somewhat understandable but also very unhealthy on the long run. the couple won't be happy and the kid will feel that. so nobody wins
Yeah I agree. Honestly, I don't see a marriage with JR lasting.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I completely agree. They won't last, like some endgame couples on other shows, that we have had the misfortune to watch. Some endgame couples wouldn't make it past a year after the show ended.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s too bad Jennie is stuck on a certain ending. Talk about some HIMYM disaster, seriously.

She should be open to changing the ending.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. It's messed up.

Quote:
It’s too bad Jennie is stuck on a certain ending. Talk about some HIMYM disaster, seriously.

She should be open to changing the ending.
Especially since this ending was something she came up with during the pitch, likely before anyone was even cast. Shows grow and evolve over time when you see how well certain actors work together. This is honestly the only time I've ever seen a show where a showrunner is so dead set on an original ending (and one that's been done numerous times on other shows) to the point where they have to destroy everything that happened organically and make everyone act like emotionless pod people to make it happen. I get wanting to stick to an organized plan and hitting certain beats, but if a story ends up changing direction, trying so hard to make a planned ending fit just makes things worse. She would've been better off leaving Michael dead if she wanted to sell this ending. She may as well have, because it's not like he's being used to the fullest here. Poor Brett is working with nothing (and very well, might I add).
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Montana episode is coming up soon. Think we will get one last JM kiss?
Old 04-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Would one last kiss really be worth it though?

{taek su mi sun}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread