Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2019, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)
Yes best to stick to happy memories. They were so happy together. I happened to see the JR proposal on YouTube. Absolutely nothing compared to JMs proposal. She was so happy. They were both completely ready to spend their lives together. The tears, the love
agreed - the JR proposal set up was actually really cute imo, and the call backs were very sweet. But the way the joy was literally bursting from Jane when Michael proposed is just unparalleled. It's such an emotional scene, you really feel the love between them. Ugh besides loving and missing JM, I also just really miss Gina and Brett together on screen. They are actual magic - so so much chemistry. I really hope we can see them together again in something in the future! As in not JTV - I'm not looking forward to whatever fresh hell they have in store for Michael's final JTV appearance. It'll prob be something predictable like him showing up just for Jane to say AGAIN that she chooses Rafael, and Michael will have fallen in love with Charlie etc. Honestly if it wasn't written so badly and so meanly, it would be hilarious that JR still have so much to do with Michael. If you need to keep pushing Michael (who is not even michael anymore and is in freaking Montana so he shouldnt even still be a blip on JR's radar and yet...) down this much in order to build up JR, are they really that strong of a foundation? This is what makes it hard for me to connect with JR fans too - like 80% of anything I've seen gushing about JR, it's in comparison to Michael, and always harshly/meanly so - even now when they're obv at the top. I mean who can blame them when the showrunner herself encourages that kind of unpleasantness I guess lol What also gets me is that people say michael is a saint which they hate, but then they also say he's a terrible sketchy horrible person which they also hate so it's like which one is he?? lmao

Last edited by sonali; 06-23-2019 at 07:12 PM
Old 06-24-2019, 07:11 AM
Absolute Fan

To be honest I was almost able to enjoy it by compartmentalizing it from the rest of the season and telling myself Michael was still dead. The problem came when Rafael's insecurities came back and Jane once again had to say she wished she never flip-flopped with Michael.

Further more, the fact that Rafael is still showing these insecurities is rather telling. How he can't understand why she had to give things with her frickin husband a chance is beyond me.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 06-24-2019, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jane had to literally spell it out for him that couldn't kick Micheal out right away. Saying some people might be able to do that um no

Last edited by fox24; 06-24-2019 at 10:35 AM
Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was ridiculous how Rafael reacted, poor Michael didn't do anything wrong and the least that he is able to do is explore things with Jane again ... since he was robbed of his life with her. Michael might have been insecure at the start when he found out about the baby but after that, he was nothing but supportive. Can't say the same for Rafael.

I just wish that TPTB had the balls to go with the less conventional/predictable route but that's probably asking too much from them.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
Further more, the fact that Rafael is still showing these insecurities is rather telling. How he can't understand why she had to give things with her frickin husband a chance is beyond me.
exactly. there's really nothing to justify rafael going off the deep end and being so incredibly unkind towards jane about it - not ever but DEF not at this stage of their ship-dom. this was the perfect opportunity to display all this ~growth~ i keep hearing about lol.

i know it's too much to hope but i'd love if michael's return was for him to give JR his blessing. i would have loved him and rafael getting to chat this season, maturely - esp since before michael 'died' they were actually in a pretty good place - but i know his return will only be to give JR yet another opportunity to enforce the 'JM didn't matter on this show! in case you didn't know yet!' sentiment. jennie really didn't do right by any of these characters or their relationships by choosing to end things this way - rafael went backwards in any development he had, jane had to be pretty cruel in how she regarded michael as an inconvenience (in a way that was just so not jane - this isn't even my personal bias, she just would never have reacted that way normally), and michael had to literally become an entirely different person. yeah JR get together in the end so i guess if you're and ends-justifies-the-means kind of person then it's great, but i'd have a sour taste in my mouth even if i were in the JR camp.

anyway this post made me laugh the other day - thought you guys would get a kick out of it too!

Last edited by sonali; 06-24-2019 at 12:34 PM
Old 06-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

New thread over this way! Thanks for starting it Katie!

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/married-...nown-63226308/
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread