Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for that promo LaisF, I had no idea there was a new one out! Kinda bummed there's no Michael though. I swear they are doing this on purpose. Can't they throw us a few scraps? Anything!? but yeah I agree with what's been said about them not wanting to spoil Jane and Michael's next interaction. They could have at least shown us some Sin Rostro stuff though, so that we could have seen even just a bit of Michael

Btw, I posted this a few weeks ago when I first saw it, but Brett put a pic up on Instagram a few weeks back of him and Jaime while they were filming this episode. Whether they were filming together or they were simply hanging out between takes, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure where exactly they were filming. There were palm trees in the background and Michael was back in his usual work attire so perhaps they were on the Marbella set. However, they could also have been filming at the beach, and this is interesting because Justin and Gina were also filming at the beach that very same day, because Gina posted a picture of herself, Justin and the little dude who plays Mateo sometime during filming, which we now know, thanks to the synopsis, promo and promo pics, is down to Jane and Rafael taking Mateo to a Santa's grotto there. Michael could be sharing a scene with Rogelio (YAY!) at the Marbella or perhaps visiting the hotel for some other reason without any Rogelio interaction (Luisa perhaps?) but if it WAS the beach where Brett was filming, on the same day that Gina was filming, in the exact same place....well, make of that what you will. But we might just get some Michael & Jane scraps next episode after all Of course, this could all be nonsense and I could be totally wrong, but what fun is that, right? so speculate away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I always felt like it was Mateo reading Jane's "novel" on her life or wtv
Also, yes, I would LOVE this!

My 'narrator-is-Mateo' theory kinda heated up somewhat when it showed Petra going to collect Rafael's sperm sample and the narrator said something like 'Oh brother!' in surprise, when he could have said literally anything else. I've been convinced that Petra's baby would be Mateo's future sibling ever since. Of course there's a theory making the rounds now that Petra is having twin girls so this may be nothing...
Old 12-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the promo! Bummed about no new Michael but they didn't really spoil anything major in it altogether so it's fine. I'm sure we'll be seeing him in this episode doing something. I just don't want him spending Christmas by himself .

Quote:
but in the situation that the two are, i think will be little coincidental meetings, baby's steps with honest moments to connect them again, because if Michael is indeed the choice of writers to be "the one" they will not be together until the last episodes of the season.
Then it is very likely that investigation with Sin Rostro and the Louisa's mother will have some role in the interaction between them.
I agree . I'd like it if Jane approached Michael in this episode somehow to talk about what happened but even if it does happen, it'll probably still take them a while to get back on a normal path, which probably means some coincidental meetings at first before anyone initiates anything. Which I'm fine with as I'd much rather see the show taking their time building them back up and not continuing with the romance whiplash. As long as this episode ends with MJ having a nice, small moment to make us happy and overanalyze it, I'm good.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 12-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRoses (View Post)
Michael could be sharing a scene with Rogelio (YAY!) at the Marbella or perhaps visiting the hotel for some other reason without any Rogelio interaction (Luisa perhaps?) but if it WAS the beach where Brett was filming, on the same day that Gina was filming, in the exact same place....well, make of that what you will. But we might just get some Michael & Jane scraps next episode after all
Oooo that's interesting. If nothing else I'll be happy to see Michael and Rogelio back together, but if they actually run into each other at the beach, that would be awesome!

Quote:
I'd like it if Jane approached Michael in this episode somehow to talk about what happened but even if it does happen, it'll probably still take them a while to get back on a normal path, which probably means some coincidental meetings at first before anyone initiates anything. Which I'm fine with as I'd much rather see the show taking their time building them back up and not continuing with the romance whiplash. As long as this episode ends with MJ having a nice, small moment to make us happy and overanalyze it, I'm good.
Yes. At this point I actually think less is more. It will be far better for their story if they take their time growing back together. I would be pretty upset with an instantaneous resolution. Partly because it's not true to where they are emotionally right now. And partly because making it better in one or two episodes somehow cheapens their relationship. There is a lot that needs to be forgiven and talked through. They've been honest with each other in the sense that they haven't lied, but I do feel they suppressed a lot in their last goodbye. Michael wasn't able to express how hurt he was by her rejecting him (TWICE) without giving him a real chance to be what she needed him to be. And Jane never got to tell him the struggle she was actually going through when she DID reject him, because she never told him he was the one or that she wanted to be with him forever. These confessions need to come out, but at the right time. I can wait for them, as long as we get to see they still aren't over each other.

So I'm with you on a small moment we can hold onto.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Michael could be sharing a scene with Rogelio (YAY!)
I'd really like a scene between them, I love the little bromance of them.

Quote:
I'd much rather see the show taking their time building them back up and not continuing with the romance whiplash.
Me too, the writers were so careful in the reconstruction of them and I hope they keep it, a little of time and honest moments between them it’s what need to resolve any conflict between them, and that's one of the things I like most of them, it’s always about the little moments.

Quote:
Michael wasn't able to express how hurt he was by her rejecting him (TWICE) without giving him a real chance to be what she needed him to be. And Jane never got to tell him the struggle she was actually going through when she DID reject him, because she never told him he was the one or that she wanted to be with him forever. These confessions need to come out, but at the right time. I can wait for them, as long as we get to see they still aren't over each other.
Exactly, I also think Michael needs to know that Jane choose him, as you said, to Michael get a sense of Jane’s struggle, things weren’t easy for her too, I just wonder everything she going through, school, Mateo, must have a part of her that was desperate to talk to him, ask for some advice or just a shoulder to lean on, but I agree with something, I find it hard with the revelation of the last episode Jane stay away for a long time, even if the meetings between the two are by coincidentally.

Last edited by LaisF; 12-07-2015 at 08:54 AM
Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just joining in the discussion a little here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
IKR? It's like antis will always say, he did that first! And it worked pretty fine at kindergarten, but we're all grown up now. I think what Rafael did was flat out disgusting. It's not even him reporting Michael that pisses me, but the fact that he played the innocent and made a show of being so outraged when for one second Jane wouldn't trust him. And his fans are saying it was OOC of him whereas at least Michael had acted reprehensibly before, but we know that when he's under pressure Rafael does stupid things too. Think of that party without the liquor license; he even tried to bribe cops after that. But no, Michael's the shady one.
Yes ITA ... I mean, I kind of get what he did though it was still terrible but to pretend that Michael didn't have grounds to dislike him was just reprehensible especially him causing Jane to completely cut Michael out of her life because of that. At least when Michael THOUGHT he got it wrong about Rafael ratting him out, he immediately told Jane that he was wrong and didn't try to hide it just to make himself look like the good guy.

Michael/Rafael have both done shady things before but I feel like I understand Michael's motivations more and he's held to a higher standard than Rafael is which isn't fair at all.

Now that Jane knows the truth, I really hope to see her taking the step to approach Michael to hash things out. There's still so much unresolved between them and now she knows he wasn't just paranoid about Rafael and that he was actually right all along.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledbeauty (View Post)
Yes. At this point I actually think less is more. It will be far better for their story if they take their time growing back together. I would be pretty upset with an instantaneous resolution. Partly because it's not true to where they are emotionally right now. And partly because making it better in one or two episodes somehow cheapens their relationship. There is a lot that needs to be forgiven and talked through. They've been honest with each other in the sense that they haven't lied, but I do feel they suppressed a lot in their last goodbye. Michael wasn't able to express how hurt he was by her rejecting him (TWICE) without giving him a real chance to be what she needed him to be. And Jane never got to tell him the struggle she was actually going through when she DID reject him, because she never told him he was the one or that she wanted to be with him forever. These confessions need to come out, but at the right time. I can wait for them, as long as we get to see they still aren't over each other.
Yeah at this point in time, less is more. There's so much that needs to be addressed and to have such a quick resolution to it all wouldn't feel right. While the show tends to move fast, I feel like Michael and Jane's story thus far has been told slowly and carefully (compared to other plots in the show anyway) over the series with the flashbacks and then the buildup to the reunion in late season 1/early season 2. I'd like it to keep going like that. All I need next week is something positive and I'll be content waiting until January for the story to continue.

Quote:
Michael/Rafael have both done shady things before but I feel like I understand Michael's motivations more and he's held to a higher standard than Rafael is which isn't fair at all.
I feel the same. I'm sad that the fandom in particular holds Michael to such a high standard compared to Rafael. It doesn't make any sense, nor is it fair at all.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with what's already been said. Less is more when it comes to writing effective romance and especially with these two because I feel like this is the major difference between j/r and j/m. Everything about the Jane and Rafael relationship felt rushed, and therefore shoehorned in. The evolution of Jane and Michael has felt far more organic and has had a much more natural progression. And so I hope it continues in this way. J/r has been very flashy to me and all about the big moments and the spectacle, whereas Michael and Jane are all about the small moments of connection and intimacy which build steadily over time to create a foundation for something really strong and powerful to take hold. The latter tends to take root more forcefully, without you even realising, while the former is all surface charm and crumbles with even the slightest touch of pressure. To deviate from this pretty well established formula for Jane and Michael would feel untrue to the nature of their relationship, and I would be so disappointed if it were rushed. Also, lbr, if they figured things out this quickly there would be more than enough time to swing back into Rafael's favour by seasons end. Knowing the pace of this show, and it's penchant for drama, it could happen...So I'm hoping for more of a slow burn for these two, building towards the end of the season when everything finally ignites in one big romantic explosion of feels!

It's kind of ironic that the Jane and Michael thing has been such a slow burn tbh when you think about the fact that we jumped right into the series with their relationship already well established. It's like it's been completely deconstructed and built back up even stronger.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's kind of ironic that the Jane and Michael thing has been such a slow burn tbh when you think about the fact that we jumped right into the series with their relationship already well established. It's like it's been completely deconstructed and built back up even stronger.
Exactly, sometimes I have the impression that the writer’ idea of long-term always been Jane and Michael, that’s why they built and crush so fast Jane and Rafael’s relationship, and used flashback so we can identified with the relationship Michael and Jane had, before actually explore them, it's just a feeling that I'm having this season.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, I completely agree with you all.

There is something very fresh and interesting and beautiful about the way Jane and Michael have been written. It is highly unusual that the couple that was strong in the beginning gets treated with such care after the inevitable break up, and is built back up into THE couple that was intended from the beginning (as this is what I will keep telling myself until proven otherwise). I feel that the payoff will be even more rewarding, because we've already seen them together and we know how perfect they are for each other. We can feel the absolute wrongness of them being apart, and the longing for them to get back to that place where they can be happy together and move forward with the future they had promised to each other. And if they can work through their issues and recommit to each other, I have no doubts that they will stay together.

Or at least, I would not find it believable if they did not. The writers will do what the writers will do.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaisF (View Post)
Exactly, sometimes I have the impression that the writer’ idea of long-term always been Jane and Michael, that’s why they built and crush so fast Jane and Rafael’s relationship, and used flashback so we can identified with the relationship Michael and Jane had, before actually explore them, it's just a feeling that I'm having this season.
I've been thinking this on and off since I first started watching the show. I was always wondering why there were so many flashbacks of Michael and Jane's relationship if by TV show standards they stood no chance of being together since they were together before the show started. Why get people invested in their story through flashbacks and get us to love them if it wasn't going to go anywhere?

Then over time I began thinking that maybe the show always intended for it to go somewhere and that's why the flashbacks are there. They show us how great they were together in the past and how in the present, they could still work. One of the things I hear JR shippers say all the time is that MJ isn't a viable pairing because their story is told in the past. I disagree and feel it just adds more layers to their current story. How they felt about each other then is how they feel about each other now and it's present in every scene of theirs in present time. If this is the show's direction, then they're doing a great job building up their story with both past and present scenes. This is really the only reason I could see for why there are so many flashbacks. You don't show that many happy flashbacks of a couple for nothing.

Quote:
J/r has been very flashy to me and all about the big moments and the spectacle, whereas Michael and Jane are all about the small moments of connection and intimacy which build steadily over time to create a foundation for something really strong and powerful to take hold.
Yes, yes and yes .
Old 12-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

also...congrats to Gina on her Golden Globe nom today!

Old 12-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm so happy she and Rachel got a nom I hope this helps CEG since JTV seems already safe.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

So happy for her I was hoping she'd get nominated again but I didn't really expect it for some reason. You know what the Globes are like...so go Gina!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gina getting exposure makes me so happy always
Old 12-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

I heard the Golden Globe's twitter guy mistook America for Gina. I was so offended on behalf of both smh