Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nick/Gail - she doesn't deserve him. I can't believe she's making Andy feel bad about being with Nick, after she went sleeping around with some random guy when she was still with him.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Wren and Spencer
Wren and Hannah
Wren/underage girls

If I don't make it out of this, tell Jack that I love him
Emily Thorne
Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck/Blair.

Disgusting.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyla4me (View Post)
Wren and Spencer
Wren and Hannah
Wren/underage girls
This.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wren/underage girls
PLL/adult guys hitting on teenage girls - IDK what the show creators/writers deal is but each new adult character hits on a teenage girl.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
Here’s the thing about Joey and Rachel – why? I never, ever understood why this couple happened. There are other couples that I absolutely hate, but I understand why the writers went there (even if I don’t agree). But this one…I. Just. Don’t. Get. It. Did the writers think there was something there? Were they hoping for a love triangle with Ross? Was it just a new way to delay Ross and Rachel? Did the actors ask for this arc? Just why? And whatever it was that they were trying to do, the execution was just so bad (beyond the above mentioned lack of chemistry).

Beyond that, another problem was Ross and Rachel. Whether you loved RR, or you hated them, or liked them but grew to dislike them because of all the back and forth, no one can deny what we all knew to be true: they were always going to end up together in the end. And they were “the” couple of the show (sorry Mondler) and one of the most iconic parts of the show and 90s for that matter. So why would you put one of them with another of the friends? Again, did they really think that Joey/Rachel had a shot? If it had worked out were the writers really planning on ending the show with them? I can’t remember exactly what it was but it was clear that they always planned on going back to Ross and Rachel because they seemingly dropped J/R when they didn’t think there was going to be a season 10, picked it up when season 10 was on but ended it immediately because it was a shortened season. So why do it? Maybe it was a good maturing arc for Joey, but what did Rachel get out of it? They could have let Joey fall in love with someone else; it didn’t have to be Rachel. Why not Phoebe? There was a lot of interest in that pairing but we all figured there was no way they would pair up everyone but then they up and did Joey/Rachel!

Which leads me to the example of Mondler: you know why lightning struck twice for the writers with this pairing? Because they were so different than Ross and Rachel. Where RR were the on-again/off-again, will they/won’t they, dramatic couple of the show, Mondler was the exact opposite. Whereas Joey/Rachel was sort of a poor man’s Ross/Rachel. The story of RR goes: Ross likes Rachel but she doesn’t know it, then Rachel likes Ross but he doesn’t know it, then Rachel decides to tell Ross but he’s dating Julie. The story of JR goes: Joey likes Rachel but she doesn’t know it, then Rachel likes Joey but he doesn’t know it, then Rachel decides to tell Joey but he’s dating Charlie. Also the first date thing was too similar too.

I have so much more to say about how it tainted the Ross and Rachel have a baby together arc and ruined seasons 9 and 10 but I’ll just leave it at this: they sucked!

The only interesting thing that came out from the whole Rachel/Joey fiasco was Joey's arc in the beginning in S8, which was him basically growing up and wanting more in his love life than being the pretty play boy. But even the fall out from that, in the end wasn't really worth it.
~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by defygravityx (View Post)
Bay/Ty

I don't know, they just really creep me out.
They didn't used to in S1 (not that I loved them, but they didn't bother me....) but this year? Oh my!
No no no no!!!!
~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
Belle/Rumple.
Hook/Emma...just no I hate it so much. There's so much wrong there.
Peter/Lydia
Aiden/Lydia
Allison/Isaac
Derek/Stiles...no
With the exception of Aiden/Lydia (who let me clarify: I don't love, I'm just utterly indifferent to) I completely agree about the rest!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Riley/Buffy
My LJ
Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)

The only interesting thing that came out from the whole Rachel/Joey fiasco was Joey's arc in the beginning in S8, which was him basically growing up and wanting more in his love life than being the pretty play boy. But even the fall out from that, in the end wasn't really worth it.
It really wasn't. They had already set this up in season 5 when Joey has the dream about dating Monica and he realizes he wants to be in love. And then I guess they used this arc to mature him but then what? Where was the payoff? I didn't watch the ill-conceived Joey spin-off so maybe it was there, I dunno. Why couldn't Joey have gotten a Mike or Emily or Richard type love interest? And on the flip side, if this arc made Joey look good it also made Rachel look really, really bad. I mean, I loved Rachel, but I started to really dislike her during this whole thing.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyla4me (View Post)
Wren and Spencer
Wren and Hannah
Wren/underage girls
Quote:
PLL/adult guys hitting on teenage girls - IDK what the show creators/writers deal is but each new adult character hits on a teenage girl.
Agreed. They really need to drop all of those stories, it's not romantic, it's creepy. Also Wren/Melissa because she deserves so much better than someone that would cheat on her in general, let alone cheat on her with her teenage sister.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Aiden/Lydia
Agreed. The happy ending for them in the finale seemed so rushed and unbelievable. They just had a few make out sessions up until that point. And how did they redeem the twins so quickly? Ethan showed some redeeming qualities but Aiden never did.

Quote:
Agreed. They really need to drop all of those stories, it's not romantic, it's creepy. Also Wren/Melissa because she deserves so much better than someone that would cheat on her in general, let alone cheat on her with her teenage sister.
THIS

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Sookie/Alcide
Sookie/Warlow
Jason/anyone but Jessica
Jack/Kate
Sawyer/Juliette
Aragorn/Eowyn
Jack/Elizabeth

Icon: Si_Crazy
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen Such a serious case of hero worshipping on both sides if I've ever seen one. Never will I ever buy their epic connection. The chemistry is there (John can have chemistry with a paper bag lets be honest here) but it isnt enough to make me ship them. There's just something so forced and so unnatural about their "connection" that makes me cringe whenever they're on screen together. So glad the series never actually went there apart from Gwen's ridiculous obsession.

Luke/Reid Absolutely horrific from start to finish. Luke had to be completely transformed into an unrecognizable character to fit the bill so he could be perfect for Reid. And lets not talk about what was done to NOAH'S character. They basically vitalized Noah to prop Reid as the more "grown-up" person for Luke which I never bought in the first place. How is bickering more grown up anyway? I mean REALLY.

Ste/Doug Another extremely forced couple who brought out the absolute worst in one another. Doug became whiny and clingy and Ste became a shell of his former self, basically someone used to prop the Doug character. Ste said it perfectly on why they never worked out "Because you tried to change me into someone that I'm not." I couldnt have said it better Ste.

Stiles/Lydia I dont buy that they have a connection already. I mean really Lydia's spent the better part of two seasons ignoring Stiles and all of a sudden they're best friends with a deep connection? Granted I really do love their friendship and want it to continue, but I do not buy that there's anything romantic lingering beneath the surface. It all seems so forced to me.

Those are really my most hated ones atm.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Elena and Damon TVD
Old 08-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Whoops wrong thread sorry!

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star