Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Xander/Buffy having a romantic ~ subtext to their relationship - although thankfully it was quite a one sided subtext seeing as Buffy never showed the slightest of interest in him in that way - was by far the most contrived plot device ever unreasonably incorporated by Joss into the overall brilliantly outlined and carefully structured plot and thus he conformed to trite and cliched friendzone/"nice" guy arc despite the fact that Xander was anything but. Xander was allowed to date two enormously beautiful and electric women - Cordelia and Anya - and yet still got his mind set on Buffy for no convincing or legitimate reasons.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was a jerk to those other women too. Buffy he had on this pedestal.

I can't believe Bander were the orig. couple that Joss planned.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Xander and Willow
Buffy and Riley
Willow and Tara
Damon and Elena
Stefan and Katherine
Katherine and Elijah
Elena and anyone.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
Hook/Emma...just no I hate it so much. There's so much wrong there.
Peter/Lydia
Aiden/Lydia
Allison/Isaac
Derek/Stiles...no
Emma/Hook is the worst. Someone like Emma would never be with someone like Hook. Emma is strong and has enough self respect to stay away from someone like him. If this couple happens it's just because of shallow reasons. It seems that if a male character is "hot" he can get away with everything and women should just forget everything he has done.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Harry/Ginny - They came out of effin' nowhere like a slap in the face. Ginny only served as furniture decoration up until the 6th book where she turns into a Mary Sue and becomes part of Harry's sex dreams overnight. Ther relationship is solely based on hero worshipping and teenage hormones nothing more. And let's not even talk about how painfully awkward some of their scenes were in the movie, I just feel so bad for Dan and Bonnie for acting them out especially since they have ZILCH chemistry together.

Ron/Hermione - There's a fine line between fun bickering and outright being nasty to each other. I don't think Ron and Hermione's bickering is "cute" or exudes any kind of UST they just spend their time bringing each other down because they can't handle their major differences and one of them especially Hermione always ends up getting hurt in the end. Now, I like angsty and complicated relationships but not when they're handled in such an immature way that both parties bring out the absolute worst in each other.
Hear hear, have a cookie.

Your description of Ginny as furniture decoration till book 6 is spot on, then all of a sudden she's the hottest and most brilliant at everything girl in school that all the boys want, ugh. A blatant Mary Sue. Harry had more meaningful interaction with Hermione and Luna than he did with the future mother of his children, what an excellent basis for future bliss. Sorry Rowling, I'm not buying that crap. Ginny was the girl who thought he ENJOYED fighting Voldemort, Ginny was the girl who got jealous of a 6 year old simply because she SMILED at Harry, Ginny was the girl who desperately flung herself at him as a birthday "gift" and sacrificed all her self-respect in the process. . She had no serious purpose other than to be the pretty thing on the hero's arm and offered nothing worthwhile to the series overall. I could rant forever about how much they infuriate me.

Then we have Ron/Hermione, the delights. He made her cry constantly and she physically attacked him more than once, she never believed in his abilities as a wizard and he never took her point of view seriously. Their fighting and bickering was not UST, it was two very different people who just rubbed each other the wrong way, pure and simple. For Pete's sake, he needed instructions from a book on how to be nice to her. And yet we're supposed to believe that they too lived happily ever after with 2.4 children, pull the other one Rowling, it has bells on it.

Harry Potter is an excellent series and will go down as a literary classic, and I'm aware that the romantic relationships were only a tiny element of the books, but good lord she made a truly appalling job of both of them.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aria/Ezra Ezra behaves like a hormonal 15 year old. Aria, guess what, Malcolm isn't my son. We can be together. YAY!

I don't know whether to laugh or smh at this point. And Aria gets another boring love interest that will lead to nowhere. And the scene with the boot, wtf, how awful and cheesy was that.

And why was CeCe stalking them? I want Aria to be A, so that those painful scenes start having even little sense.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 08-21-2013 at 02:10 PM
Old 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Aria/Ezra Ezra behaves like a hormonal 15 year old. Aria, guess what, Malcolm isn't my son. We can be together. YAY!

I don't know whether to laugh or smh at this point. And Aria gets another boring love interest that will lead to nowhere. And the scene with the boot, wtf, how awful and cheesy was that.

And why was CeCe stalking them? I want Aria to be A, so that those painful scenes start having even little sense.

This is the same guy that walked into a high school to tell his teenage girlfriend off for behaving like a teenage girl. Can he actually not?

The usuals -

Spencer/Wren
Hanna/Wren
Melissa/Wren
Emily/Maya
Emily/Samara
Jackson/Lexie
Mark/Callie
Mark/Addison
Cristina/Owen
Cristina/Burke
Phoebe/Cole
Ellie/Luke
Amber/Jay

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jack/Kate (Lost)
My LJ
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

Don't even get me started with Ezra his scene with Emily was so weird like she's you student how about you act your age and not mouth off to her.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kennedy and Willow- no no no no

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Gwen Such a serious case of hero worshipping on both sides if I've ever seen one. Never will I ever buy their epic connection. The chemistry is there (John can have chemistry with a paper bag lets be honest here) but it isnt enough to make me ship them. There's just something so forced and so unnatural about their "connection" that makes me cringe whenever they're on screen together. So glad the series never actually went there apart from Gwen's ridiculous obsession.

Luke/Reid Absolutely horrific from start to finish. Luke had to be completely transformed into an unrecognizable character to fit the bill so he could be perfect for Reid. And lets not talk about what was done to NOAH'S character. They basically vitalized Noah to prop Reid as the more "grown-up" person for Luke which I never bought in the first place. How is bickering more grown up anyway? I mean REALLY.

Ste/Doug Another extremely forced couple who brought out the absolute worst in one another. Doug became whiny and clingy and Ste became a shell of his former self, basically someone used to prop the Doug character. Ste said it perfectly on why they never worked out "Because you tried to change me into someone that I'm not." I couldnt have said it better Ste.

Stiles/Lydia I dont buy that they have a connection already. I mean really Lydia's spent the better part of two seasons ignoring Stiles and all of a sudden they're best friends with a deep connection? Granted I really do love their friendship and want it to continue, but I do not buy that there's anything romantic lingering beneath the surface. It all seems so forced to me.

Those are really my most hated ones atm.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 08-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Your description of Ginny as furniture decoration till book 6 is spot on, then all of a sudden she's the hottest and most brilliant at everything girl in school that all the boys want, ugh. A blatant Mary Sue. Harry had more meaningful interaction with Hermione and Luna than he did with the future mother of his children, what an excellent basis for future bliss. Sorry Rowling, I'm not buying that crap. Ginny was the girl who thought he ENJOYED fighting Voldemort, Ginny was the girl who got jealous of a 6 year old simply because she SMILED at Harry, Ginny was the girl who desperately flung herself at him as a birthday "gift" and sacrificed all her self-respect in the process.
I'll be frank, Ginny as an individual character struck me as intriguing and relatable and her interactions with Neville and Luna were absolutely adorable and endearing but I hate every instance that you listed because it was an unabashed character assassination on behalf of upholding the disaster that Harry/Ginny was. The fact that she would have the nerve to imply an immensely traumatized orphan Harry enjoyed confronting a man who murdered his parents, friends and attempted to murder his infant self has to be THE most disturbing premise to disgrace the world of fiction ever. If a girl needs to be turned into a Mary Sue in order for a ship to work the romance is written in a lazy, contrived and ridiculous way, period.

Ginny Weasley succumbed to the same issue as Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill, losing her entire agency and individual prominence due to ultimate reconstruction and "revamp" of her character that was passed for growth but in all actuality was her devolving from an insecure but relatable heroine into a Mary Sue for the sake of forcing a certain baseless and shallow ship down the audience's throats.

Hence Brooke/Lucas

+

Emma/Neal because a man who frames you for HIS crime and sets you up for months in jail while you are pregnant with HIS baby is exactly the type of love story a woman should strive for Admittedly, no ship - not even Ceffy and it says a lot - in existence of fiction has ever made me sick to my stomach but these two have reached a shiny brand new level of godawful

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gonna keep it simple.

Spencer & Toby
Aria & Ezra
Blair & Dan (though I'm not sure why I'm still wasting energy on them since they were dead and buried before they even started.)
Damon & Elena
Klaus & Caroline
Julian & Brooke

i love you. ♡
Old 08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Degrassi hate:

Sean/Ellie
Spinner/Emma
Manny/Craig/Ashley
Declan/Holly J
Eli/Clare