Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Ted/Robin. Every time I think Ted can't be a bigger douche by holding on his "twu wub" for Robin (when he knows in his more lucid moments she's not) and going after one of his best friends's fiancee...the show proves me wrong. And Robin doesn't even, rightly, care about the guy that way anymore. She is fond of/loves him as a friend, but even that he's putting at risk. I can just see Ted placing Robin in some very awkward situations in the name of his "love"...during the weekend of her wedding. Niiiiice. This couple that doesn't even exist anymore outside of Ted's delusion and selfishness...so it needs to end sooner than later, on the show. So damaging for his character, and I worry what it will do to Robin's if there is a last go-around on the show. Ugh.

The show needs to end the teasing of this couple that they told us from the pilot...wasn't going to end up together. I think the show is making a mistake by continuing to do this stuff soooo much. Not good for either character at this point.

Last edited by JonStewart4President; 09-24-2013 at 04:33 PM
Old 09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Dan/Blair
Arthur/anyone but Merlin
Old 09-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStewart4President (View Post)
Ted/Robin. Every time I think Ted can't be a bigger douche by holding on his "twu wub" for Robin (when he knows in his more lucid moments she's not) and going after one of his best friends's fiancee...the show proves me wrong. And Robin doesn't even, rightly, care about the guy that way anymore. She is fond of/loves him as a friend, but even that he's putting at risk. I can just see Ted placing Robin in some very awkward situations in the name of his "love"...during the weekend of her wedding. Niiiiice. This couple that doesn't even exist anymore outside of Ted's delusion and selfishness...so it needs to end sooner than later, on the show. So damaging for his character, and I worry what it will do to Robin's if there is a last go-around on the show. Ugh.

The show needs to end the teasing of this couple that they told us from the pilot...wasn't going to end up together. I think the show is making a mistake by continuing to do this stuff soooo much. Not good for either character at this point.
so much word!!!!
sheldon/penny
Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spencer/Wren
Aria/Ezra
Zoe/George
Chuck/Blair
Kurt/Blaine
Steve/Catherine
Rumple/Belle

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 09-25-2013, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

stefan/elena
klaus/caroline
drew/clare
drew/zoe
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Elena/anyone
Tyler/Caroline
Belle/anyone but Rumple
Lacey/Danny
Hook/anyone
Dan/Jen
Maggie/Victor
Can't think of anymore!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

peter/alicia since good wife is coming
sheldon/penny
ted/robin
drew/clare
paige/alex
craig/ashley
craig/ellie
holly j/sav
kc/clare
nick/gail
sam/marlo
andy/luke
luke/jo
chloe/her random husband
traci/jerry
nick/andy
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Barney/Robin/Ted Storylines with Robin as the romantic interest have been atrocious since the end of season 2, to such a degree that it have even ruined the early Ted and Robin days for me.

Stefan/Elena/Damon Just atrocious

Brooke/Lucas/Peyton Romantic Chemistry and Lucas are simply incompatible

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 09-25-2013 at 08:41 AM
Old 09-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

degrassi/love triangles
enough already.
gail/sam
drew/anyone I think he needs to go. i used to love drew/bianca, but I don't like the looks of that promo with him cheating again.
KC/Jenna
maya/zig
holly j/declan-I think holly j was best with spinner if anyone.
jeremy/bonnie
jay/manny ugh. hate this couple more than words.
jackie/hyde
rory/dean
rory/logan another ugh.
aria/jake
emily/maya
emily/samara
zoe/drew
miles/maya/zoe
clare/drew
pretty much every degrassi couple post season 10
eli/imogen
jake/clare
fiona/imogen
becky/adam
Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Well said! I'm not even a regular watcher but every time I do I'm amazed and a little creeped out with how obsessed with her he is.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

damien/anyone
spinner/manny
sean/ellie
darcy/anyone
ted/robin
barney/anyone but robin
anya/dr chris
sav/anyone
alli/drew
alli/leo
alli/dave
zig/tori
nate/vanessa
dan/vanessa
gossip girl/love triangles
one tree hill/love triangles
clay/quinn
kinda mike/rachel rachel annoys me at times. I think jenny was better for him, but she left.
damon/bonnie are they even canon?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Agreed. Not to mention, the whole thing has ruined Ted/mother for me. She seems so nice and fun, and I feel I could have shipped them, but now she'll always appear like second choice to me.
And I used to be fond of Barney/Robin and I still find them cute at times, but all the back and forth has put me off them as well. I feel the whole triangle thing should have been resolved ages ago (or even better, not been brought up at all). While I still enjoy the show as a whole, I just feel a lot disconnected with the romance plot in HIMYM right now (well, except for Lily/Marshall, who are still adorable).

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
Agreed. Not to mention, the whole thing has ruined Ted/mother for me. She seems so nice and fun, and I feel I could have shipped them, but now she'll always appear like second choice to me.
And I used to be fond of Barney/Robin and I still find them cute at times, but all the back and forth has put me off them as well. I feel the whole triangle thing should have been resolved ages ago (or even better, not been brought up at all). While I still enjoy the show as a whole, I just feel a lot disconnected with the romance plot in HIMYM right now (well, except for Lily/Marshall, who are still adorable).
lily and marshall are sweet together. and yeah agreed and let me add kelly/dylan. ugh all the cheating and david/donna got annoying later on imo.
zoe/george
wren/anyone

neal/anyone but sara all the others sucked imo.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/couples-...sick-63104523/