Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I would love to be able to drive past somewhere and think that's where David Lyons went to school...sigh

Ladies I need to get to bed, but I had a great time tonight.

Jaq thank you for the story dedication it was lovely, and thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Talk to you all Sunday or next Tuesday.
mlreeve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry, was off doing laundry...

Good night Jaq, have a great night with your family -- good luck on the trifle! Can't wait to read your newest fic. Talk to you next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
That's pretty great, Finnie.

And, no, he's not sitting Indian-style in that pic. I remember that part. They were discussing upcoming stories before all the bad stuff went down, so he's sitting with his ankle kind of propped up on his other knee. Sort of the way a lot of guys cross their legs.

As far as Love's stories go, I'm not sure if she's ever asked for help. She is always so wonderfully sweet whenever we talk, but I don't really know her well enough to know how she would take the offer. She's far braver than I could ever be as I would never even TRY writing in a language that wasn't English. I know I'd fail at it to the extreme. I'm always SO impressed by how good her writing is for a secondary language. Plus, she really is a fabulous storyteller. And something I've noticed in her more recent writing, she's gotten really good at ending a story. She always tucks some life lesson in her ender that I find really beautiful. And a few have brought me to tears because I didn't feel they only applied to the Revo world, but to the real one as well.

And hey, look at Jaq joining us for Christmas fic exchange. We wore you down, didn't we? Sometimes a little Charloe fluff and smut and happy endings are nice around the holidays.
I have talked with her about it a bit, as I have some experience with what she's doing, although it's not exactly the same. At one point I was writing for a bilingual newspaper and I had to translate all my articles into another language. That was daunting, but I was working from something I'd already formulated/written in English and there were always editors to look it over for glaring errors. So, that helped a ton.

However, I'd never want to try and post an original piece of fiction from scratch in another language, at least not anytime soon. There's a rhythm to speech that's very localized, along with syntax and slang...it's rather scary. So, I think Love is extraordinarily brave to post her work.

I'm not sure how she'd react. I don't know whether she's ever been asked or expressed interest in the idea of a beta. Maybe Lemon knows, as they've talked. I do know that Love seems very sweet and talkative. However, I worry that we'd sound presumptuous too. Writing is a progression and maybe she's happy with how she's improving on her own. No idea. She could also love the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokijai (View Post)
This legit put a big ol' grin on my face. Very few things in life excite me as much as kids being inspired by music. I taught piano for six years (though you wouldn't know that if you heard me play now...eek! I'm SO rusty), and it was always so fulfilling to watch my students grow in their passion for music.

Well, if you do present this idea to Love (a beta club) and she's interested, let me now. I'm happy to help her if she wants. But, like you, I probably can't invest a huge amount of time because she does have a tendency to churn out fics pretty rapidly.

You signed up for the Xmas exchange?! This makes me happy.
I loved playing instruments when I was younger. I've gotten away from it now, but I'm thinking of taking lessons again. Haven't decided what instrument yet, haha. Music is just so relaxing!

So jealous about the Xmas exchange...I've had my pass revoked. Not allowed... This is self-invoked sort of thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoInfinite (View Post)
I agree. Love has incredible talent and such a way with words, even if English isn't her native language. She always captivates me the way she pours her heart and soul into the story and elicits all these emotions from the reader. And I love the little life lessons she gives. It's one of the things that draws me to her stories the most, cuz she always thinks of how the situations in the story pertains to real life. It's sort of her trademark. And she's very receptive when given reviews and is always grateful for them. I adore her. Her stories are some of my faves by far!
So much this! Love is a wonderful person. She has so much excitement and love for Charloe and fanfiction, which she shows through her writing/reviews. She's really just great! I adore several of her fics, my favorite is probably 'Words of Betrayal', which is one of her earliest, but I just love the world she created there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
I would love to be able to drive past somewhere and think that's where David Lyons went to school...sigh

Jaq thank you for the story dedication it was lovely, and thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Good night LadyH, have a great week and see you at Rewatch! Happy Birthday my Scorpio-sister...
ILuvMyThesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqofspades (View Post)
I got my car fixed at Lyons Panelbeaters too, and even though I am notoriously reluctant to ask impertinent questions about celebrities (it's a weird Australian thing) I came SO close to asking if the company had anything to do with David Lyons the actor, once
Haha well it would seem like a legit question, being that you are in Australia and David is from there, so why not? Maybe they know him or they're his extended family. You never know.. Can't hurt to ask.
RevoInfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokijai (View Post)
Hey, you never know!

My favorite coffee shop here is called the Lyons Den. I've always been curious about the name, but I suspect it has nothing to do with Dave.
No way. That is beyond cool, :O
Old 11-10-2015, 11:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqofspades (View Post)
I need to call it a night guys - someone has to cook dinner for these munchkins and I told the husband I'd make trifle to welcome them home, so better get on top of that. Have good weeks, and thanks for the kind words about my new story
Night Jaq! Have an amazing week!

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to help me with my story. It really means a lot!!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)

Night Lady! Hope you had a fantastic birthday! Sweet Charloe dreams!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Haha well it would seem like a legit question, being that you are in Australia and David is from there, so why not? Maybe they know him or they're his extended family. You never know.. Can't hurt to ask.
And it can't be the first time anyone's asked them either!

Good night LadyH & Jaq! Sweet Charloe dreams!
MDRevolutionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

G'night, Jaq and LadyH! Hope you both have a great week.

ETA: Ice - any idea how many people have signed up for the Xmas exchange this year? Or is Lemon keeping track of that? Not that it's important. I'm just curious.
romeokijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:26 PM
New Fan

I'm off to bed as well. It's been fun ladies! See you all Sunday! Goodnight
Old 11-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No way. That is beyond cool, :O
Hey, guys, not to be the old thread police, but we need to watch the double posts a bit. If you need to change your most recent post, please just use the edit button. I'd hate for a moderator to get on us for any reason. I know it's a learning experience to use this site.

And yeah, there's a Lyons Ave exit I always have to pass on my way to my college roommate's apartment in New Jersey. Someday I'm going to insist we drive on it.

Thessie, even if you're not in on the challenge, think of all those Charloe stories you'll get to read. You can still leave reviews for all the authors as we all know it'll be appreciated. And for the record, your license is not revoked. Things happen in real life and sometimes, it just becomes too much to handle. But we just want to make sure everyone gets a story, so we might just have to put a back-up plan into effect this year just in case.

OK, guys, I hate to cut out so early, but for the second week in a row, I have to work on a Wednesday, so I need to get some sleep. Good night to everyone who already signed off...

And Tex, glad you could join us. Hope you had fun and come back next week. It gets easier once you kind of get used to the way things work with the fanforum website, as it does have some tics that kind of take a period of adjustment sometimes.

Night, guys!!! Talk to you either at rewatch or next week at club. OH, and Thessie, we should spend Sunday's rewatch looking for every and any Charloe clue we can find, just so we can figure out what made Hithelleth start shipping them from S1xEp3.

And Romeo, not sure. I meant to ask Lemon tonight and it slipped my mind before she got off. She gets the e-mails and then we sort of split it all down and pair people up, so at this stage of the game, she has more info on that than I do. But we had about 15 or 16 last year, so we could probably get a decent amount again. We know you and Jaq, and Lemon and I. I sort of figured Randi would do it again. And Lostinmysticfalls I believe is in. Maybe whynot and Irish will be in. It's too soon to tell just yet I think. Tex was in on it last year too under her older name of Lemonsaresweet, so hopefully she'll join in again.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 11-10-2015 at 11:44 PM
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Good night, Finnie & Ice! Sweet Charloe dreams.

Man! We seem to be dropping like flies tonight.
MDRevolutionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Good night Finnie, hope you have a great week and see you at the next BC!

Did we lose Tex? Good night if I missed you checking out, so glad you've joined in here! Have a good week and hope to see you next week. Heh...I'm going to need another nickname for her I think. Maybe SweetT? Hmmm, must think on this.

Quote:
Hey, guys, not to be the old thread police, but we need to watch the double posts a bit. If you need to change your most recent post, please just use the edit button. I'd hate for a moderator to get on us for any reason. I know it's a learning experience to use this site.

And yeah, there's a Lyons Ave exit I always have to pass on my way to my college roommate's apartment in New Jersey. Someday I'm going to insist we drive on it.

Thessie, even if you're not in on the challenge, think of all those Charloe stories you'll get to read. You can still leave reviews for all the authors as we all know it'll be appreciated. And for the record, your license is not revoked. Things happen in real life and sometimes, it just becomes too much to handle. But we just want to make sure everyone gets a story, so we might just have to put a back-up plan into effect this year just in case.

OK, guys, I hate to cut out so early, but for the second week in a row, I have to work on a Wednesday, so I need to get some sleep. Good night to everyone who already signed off...

And Tex, glad you could join us. Hope you had fun and come back next week. It gets easier once you kind of get used to the way things work with the fanforum website, as it does have some tics that kind of take a period of adjustment sometimes.

Night, guys!!! Talk to you either at rewatch or next week at club. OH, and Thessie, we should spend Sunday's rewatch looking for every and any Charloe clue we can find, just so we can figure out what made Hithelleth start shipping them from S1xEp3.
I'll think on it Icicle. I know it's nothing official, but I just revoked it cause I feel so bad about it all. Perhaps if I can get the other one done by the end of November. That's when the date is to enter the exchange, right? I'll ponder it...

We definitely need to watch 1x03 extremely closely for what sparked Hithelleth's Charloe interest so early.

Good night Icicle, have a fab week and see you at Rewatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)

No kidding. Is Romeo still around? Or have we lost her as well...

I'll be on for little while longer...

So happy you're plowing into 'Christmas Carol'. How's that going for you?
ILuvMyThesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)

G'night, Ice and Finnie! See you both at rewatch.

Are we the only ones left, MD? And Thessie?

ETA: I feel like Hithelleth is the queen of rare pairs, but damn - Charloe during 1x3?! How?! Hahaha.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Good night Finnie, hope you have a great week and see you at the next BC!

Did we lose Tex? Good night if I missed you checking out, so glad you've joined in here! Have a good week and hope to see you next week. Heh...I'm going to need another nickname for her I think. Maybe SweetT? Hmmm, must think on this.

I'll think on it Icicle. I know it's nothing official, but I just revoked it cause I feel so bad about it all. Perhaps if I can get the other one done by the end of November. That's when the date is to enter the exchange, right? I'll ponder it...

We definitely need to watch 1x03 extremely closely for what sparked Hithelleth's Charloe interest so early.

Good night Icicle, have a fab week and see you at Rewatch!
OK, I am definitely off to bed, however, X-men 2 just came on the station I was watching and lo and behold, the actor playing the President is...President Davis. How about that?
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OK, I am definitely off to bed, however, X-men 2 just came on the station I was watching and lo and behold, the actor playing the President is...President Davis. How about that?
That guy and Steven Culp are everywhere. SMH. Lol.
Reply   Post New Thread