Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Really good, actually. Crazy busy, but good. I have two kiddos too. Mine are four and seven (both boys). Never a dull moment.

Excited to read your next chap. I'm writing tonight too. Hoping to get something posted tomorrow maybe....
Oh, exciting! Are you working on an existing story or something new?
TexasRevoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Really good, actually. Crazy busy, but good. I have two kiddos too. Mine are four and seven (both boys). Never a dull moment.

Excited to read your next chap. I'm writing tonight too. Hoping to get something posted tomorrow maybe....
Am I supposed to say I'm here? I still don't really know how this works haha. Either way, here I am.
necropolisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropolisian (View Post)
Am I supposed to say I'm here? I still don't really know how this works haha. Either way, here I am.
Welcome!!! You don't have to say you're here, but it helps everyone know who's around. Glad you made it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRevoFan (View Post)
Oh, exciting! Are you working on an existing story or something new?
Both. Finishing out Shelter and working on a smutty one shot called Drunk Tank. Going to wait till those are both out of the way to finish my bigger in progress story.
LemonSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thank you so much! I'm working on editing the final chapter now, hoping to get it posted tonight!

The movie was great -- we saw The Martian. We have a newborn and a 20 month old so haven't been to a movie in awhile, but we realized that if we take them to the drive in movie, they can make as much noise as they want and eventually they fall asleep in their car seats -- no need to worry about a babysitter! So that worked out well. How was your weekend?

OK, well, there are quite a few of us here, so it looks like we can get started right away this week.

Welcome everyone to club, another fine Christmas edition. I'm going to set the line-up and if any changes are necessary, we can alter the list as we go along.

Here's the line-up for this week: Lemon, Ice, Tex, Necropolisian, Jaq, Randi, Romeo, MD, Irish, LadyH, and finally Thessie, who may be late this week. Finnie will not be able to join us this week as I believe she has company tonight.

Lemon, you can go whenever you are ready.

And, Tex, later on you'll have to let me know how the movie was. I really want to see it.
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Fun kicks off at 9 or shortly thereafter....

This week's stories:
In Our Bedroom After the War by hayj
Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own

A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas by iwilltry_tocarryon
A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas. - iwilltry_tocarryon - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

It's a Wonderful Life by TwistedType
It's a Wonderful Life - TwistedType - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

[IMG][/IMG]
Afternoon all. I'm here and almost ready to go so wherever suits in the lineup is fine for me
jaqofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Welcome!!! You don't have to say you're here, but it helps everyone know who's around. Glad you made it back.

Both. Finishing out Shelter and working on a smutty one shot called Drunk Tank. Going to wait till those are both out of the way to finish my bigger in progress story.
I'm here
mlreeve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Ooooh, I'm first!

Hello All,
Finally feeling better and really enjoying these holiday stories. Not that I need much to put me in the Christmas mood, but these definitely help.

A quick shout out to Lady H. We met up for lunch over the weekend and we had a great visit.

Not sure if Irish will be with us tonight or not. Hoping all is okay. Haven’t heard from her in a couple days.

First up: In Our Bedroom After the War by Hayj
Another of the very Charloe Christmas last year, and this one is simply fabulous. I adore this family dynamic with all the kids and Grandpa Miles.

This bit still makes me LOL: “For ****s sake, Charlie, if you’re going to decapitate your husband could you do it somewhere not in front of the children?”

The whole thing is wonderful. Miles is spot on with the snark. Bass is sweet and sexy. Charlie is fierce and good. Le sigh. Lovely story.

I think Hayj and I have birthed more Charloe babies than most and we have frequently talked about how hard it is to come up with new names. Ulysses/Uly is a wonderful choice.

My first thought here is that I miss this writer and I hope life is treating her well. Wish she’d come back.

My next thoughts are a bit scrambled by the mental image of Bass, bloody and bruised from a fight, wearing a santa suit. Never thought I had a kink for costumes, but I don’t hate this. At all.

Fun story. Lovely smut. I like that Connor is here but not a threat to Charloe and he gets some too so all is well.

It’s a Wonderful Life by TwistedType
Well crap. I don’t think I’ve read this before. Glad it’s coming up now, because it’s really lovely.

This is perfection: “It was hard and rough, just like they sparred. Messy, and loud, and violent: They were throwing years of pent up frustration into this one coupling. It was their version of love.”

The whole thing is so very sweet and heartfelt. And I’m a big sucker for It’s a Wonderful Life so that reference is so very perfect too.

What a great round of stories this week. Loved all of them.

Ice, it's all you.
LemonSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ooooh, I'm first!

Hello All,
Finally feeling better and really enjoying these holiday stories. Not that I need much to put me in the Christmas mood, but these definitely help.

A quick shout out to Lady H. We met up for lunch over the weekend and we had a great visit.

Not sure if Irish will be with us tonight or not. Hoping all is okay. Haven’t heard from her in a couple days.

First up: In Our Bedroom After the War by Hayj
Another of the very Charloe Christmas last year, and this one is simply fabulous. I adore this family dynamic with all the kids and Grandpa Miles.

This bit still makes me LOL: “For ****s sake, Charlie, if you’re going to decapitate your husband could you do it somewhere not in front of the children?”

The whole thing is wonderful. Miles is spot on with the snark. Bass is sweet and sexy. Charlie is fierce and good. Le sigh. Lovely story.

I think Hayj and I have birthed more Charloe babies than most and we have frequently talked about how hard it is to come up with new names. Ulysses/Uly is a wonderful choice.

My first thought here is that I miss this writer and I hope life is treating her well. Wish she’d come back.

My next thoughts are a bit scrambled by the mental image of Bass, bloody and bruised from a fight, wearing a santa suit. Never thought I had a kink for costumes, but I don’t hate this. At all.

Fun story. Lovely smut. I like that Connor is here but not a threat to Charloe and he gets some too so all is well.

It’s a Wonderful Life by TwistedType
Well crap. I don’t think I’ve read this before. Glad it’s coming up now, because it’s really lovely.

This is perfection: “It was hard and rough, just like they sparred. Messy, and loud, and violent: They were throwing years of pent up frustration into this one coupling. It was their version of love.”

The whole thing is so very sweet and heartfelt. And I’m a big sucker for It’s a Wonderful Life so that reference is so very perfect too.

What a great round of stories this week. Loved all of them.

Ice, it's all you.
Thanks, Lemon.

I too haven't heard from Irish, and although I put her in the line-up, I'm not sure if she will be with us tonight. I just hope all is well with her and her family.

In Our Bedroom After the War - Hayj is a really great writer and I really love the first chapter of this story. I love the way Charlie stomps into the room as a big old mama bear; I believe the description hayj used was Athena. I love to still see the interaction between Bass and Charlie and Miles even years later. And of course, the smut was fantastic as always.

The second chapter was decent, but I didn't love it as much as the first. I guess part of the reason is I never need Connor or to see Connor, but I suppose since this was a changed version who seemed to be seeking a little redemption with his father, I can accept him here.

My biggest problem with stories where Bass and Charlie have a ton of children is that I tend to lose the children. There are so many and I find it hard to keep track of all of them. There are times I can't tell who is talking, which child is doing what, etc but this is hardly the fault of Hayj. I just tend to like stories a little more when Bass and Charlie only have two kids and I can follow them with more ease. Again, my issue.

Overall, this is a fun look into Charlie and Bass's future.

A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas - I really miss Iwilltry and I wish she would come back and finish a few of her incomplete stories. This was an interesting take on the escape from Vegas, though I do find it a little weird that they would return all the way to Willoughby just to turn around and go right back to Vegas.

I like Duncan's idea of making Bass fight in a Santa Claus suit which seems just as much a way to get back at him as a Christmas thing. For some reason though, I have a really hard time imaging Bass in a fight with him in a suit of red as he pummels an elf.

The best part of this story was the hook up with Charlie. It does seem a little soon after the Connor crap; I sort of think she and Bass would really need to work through more to wind up in this position (no pun intended). Although maybe that's the way it would have happened. She suddenly realized she made a huge mistake with Connor and set about to fix it right away. Either way, realistic or not, the smut was my favorite part of this story. Quite tantalizing and hot.

Not a bad story at all.

It's a Wonderful Life - I actually really enjoyed this story a lot. I know she said it was angsty and she was looking for something lighter for her gift, but I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah, Charlie was a bit ruffled from Rachel, but what else is new?

I like how she started this with Charlie just wanting to be alone and ready to give up. And of course it's Bass who plops down next to her. And of course, Charlie's feelings for him have already been changing. I love how Twisted has Bass using his eyes (the prettiest feature on his handsome face as she put it) to get to Charlie.

They're still edging around the things growing between them, so the mistletoe was a nice touch. Get them a little closer to where they need to be. The sharing of Christmas memories is sweet, especially when it becomes evident that Bass was a part of Charlie's Christmases pre-Blackout. And using It's A Wonderful Life to parallel Bass's situation was really great. Of course a reformed Bass would be one to question whether the people in his life would be better off without him. The answer is a resounding NO. But I do love that he offered Charlie the moon, the same way George Bailey offered it to the woman he loved in the movie.

The smut was awesome and a nice mixture of sex and real emotion, my favorite always. And the story ends with a promise that this is just the start of something between them. I quite enjoyed this one.

Tex, you are up and can post whenever you're ready.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

In Our Bedroom After the War:

Chapter 1:
Charlie using Bass’ swords and cornering him with one of them is very funny. And so cute to start out the story with Bass and Charlie and parents. And Charlie not hesitating to kill Bass if necessary, ha! Sorry Bass. And Miles is Charlie’s father! Yay!

Haha at the two of them getting it on with everyone downstairs. Of course Charlie and Bass would still have an active sex life after sixteen years. This chapter didn’t necessarily feel all that “Christmassy”—I’d be interested to know what the prompts from the fic exchange were for this. But it is a nice little one shot showing a more mature Bass and Charlie.

Chapter 2:

Oops, I almost forgot to read this chapter because the description called it a one shot! I love the happy little Monroe family, but with aspects that keep it from being untrue to Revo – like Miles slipping the kid whiskey and sleeping with the nanny. Ha. Trust Miles.

This is pure fluff, which can be fun, imagining Charlie and Bass’ future together. And there are some great one liners. Miles comparing the family to the VonTrapps, Bass having a grandma kink – ha! Those elements kept it interesting through the end.

A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas:

Can I just say I love this title? Before I’ve even started reading, it has me feeling warm and fuzzy. The hook is great, I like that they are going back to NV and Charlie has basically earned the right to come. And the hints right away that Bass might have feelings for Charlie – not being able to call her “kid” naturally for example. And I like the contrast between his “friends” who fear him and Charlie. And I like Charlie falling asleep on him and him starting to realize he has feelings for her.

The idea of Bass fighting in a Santa suit is hilarious, and so creative. Trust Duncan to come up with something like Santa vs. Elf to gin up interest in a fight – ha! The description of the action during the fight was actually very good. And I love the smut in Bass’ trailer while Connor is conveniently off with his hookers. Bass being afraid to make the first move to put his arms around Charlie in the end was a nice touch—I can definitely see him feeling that way, and I’m glad she went ahead and made the first move.

It's a Wonderful Life:

This is my favorite out of the stories we read this week. I like that the author used It’s a Wonderful Life as part of the story without actually adapting it directly to the Revo-verse. I love that Bass is the one to come comfort and reassure Charlie when their dinner plans fall apart. And I thought the attraction between them built up very naturally, though of course what would a Christmas fic be without the “you have to kiss because mistletoe” trope?

I love Charlie and Bass’ conversation on the way back to his house and on the porch – it’s way too easy, I think, to go from “wanna get out of here?” to “and then they were back at his place tearing their clothes off,” but of course in reality there would be a walk during which they would have to talk about something probably. I like that Bass wants to share about his family with her, and his story about his last Christmas with them was very moving.

I also like Bass using the line from It’s a Wonderful Life about the moon, and Charlie doesn’t exactly understand it, but she does understand what he’s getting at. “They’d come so far, but at this moment all she wanted was to see him happy, to make him happy.” I love that. When Charlie is the only one left who has the power to make Bass happy, that’s what she wants to do. And of course the smut was great.

Funnily enough, this was supposed to be my gift fic last year (sort of), but I don’t think I’ve read it before. I think I was deterred by the warning of angstiness, but now having read it, I don’t find it too angsty at all. Glad we did this for Club so I didn’t miss it!
TexasRevoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
In Our Bedroom After the War:

Chapter 1:
Charlie using Bass’ swords and cornering him with one of them is very funny. And so cute to start out the story with Bass and Charlie and parents. And Charlie not hesitating to kill Bass if necessary, ha! Sorry Bass. And Miles is Charlie’s father! Yay!

Haha at the two of them getting it on with everyone downstairs. Of course Charlie and Bass would still have an active sex life after sixteen years. This chapter didn’t necessarily feel all that “Christmassy”—I’d be interested to know what the prompts from the fic exchange were for this. But it is a nice little one shot showing a more mature Bass and Charlie.

Chapter 2:

Oops, I almost forgot to read this chapter because the description called it a one shot! I love the happy little Monroe family, but with aspects that keep it from being untrue to Revo – like Miles slipping the kid whiskey and sleeping with the nanny. Ha. Trust Miles.

This is pure fluff, which can be fun, imagining Charlie and Bass’ future together. And there are some great one liners. Miles comparing the family to the VonTrapps, Bass having a grandma kink – ha! Those elements kept it interesting through the end.

A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas:

Can I just say I love this title? Before I’ve even started reading, it has me feeling warm and fuzzy. The hook is great, I like that they are going back to NV and Charlie has basically earned the right to come. And the hints right away that Bass might have feelings for Charlie – not being able to call her “kid” naturally for example. And I like the contrast between his “friends” who fear him and Charlie. And I like Charlie falling asleep on him and him starting to realize he has feelings for her.

The idea of Bass fighting in a Santa suit is hilarious, and so creative. Trust Duncan to come up with something like Santa vs. Elf to gin up interest in a fight – ha! The description of the action during the fight was actually very good. And I love the smut in Bass’ trailer while Connor is conveniently off with his hookers. Bass being afraid to make the first move to put his arms around Charlie in the end was a nice touch—I can definitely see him feeling that way, and I’m glad she went ahead and made the first move.

It's a Wonderful Life:

This is my favorite out of the stories we read this week. I like that the author used It’s a Wonderful Life as part of the story without actually adapting it directly to the Revo-verse. I love that Bass is the one to come comfort and reassure Charlie when their dinner plans fall apart. And I thought the attraction between them built up very naturally, though of course what would a Christmas fic be without the “you have to kiss because mistletoe” trope?

I love Charlie and Bass’ conversation on the way back to his house and on the porch – it’s way too easy, I think, to go from “wanna get out of here?” to “and then they were back at his place tearing their clothes off,” but of course in reality there would be a walk during which they would have to talk about something probably. I like that Bass wants to share about his family with her, and his story about his last Christmas with them was very moving.

I also like Bass using the line from It’s a Wonderful Life about the moon, and Charlie doesn’t exactly understand it, but she does understand what he’s getting at. “They’d come so far, but at this moment all she wanted was to see him happy, to make him happy.” I love that. When Charlie is the only one left who has the power to make Bass happy, that’s what she wants to do. And of course the smut was great.

Funnily enough, this was supposed to be my gift fic last year (sort of), but I don’t think I’ve read it before. I think I was deterred by the warning of angstiness, but now having read it, I don’t find it too angsty at all. Glad we did this for Club so I didn’t miss it!
Sorry, I have no idea if I'm up or not, so here goes it.

Sorry I couldn’t make it last week. I was sick and also battling it out with my trig homework, but I would have much rather been participating in BC!
Welcome Tex!

In Our Bedroom After the War
I saw ‘Grandpa Miles’ in the tags and knew this was going to be a good one (Grandpa Miles was in fact hilarious). As I kept reading more and more kids were being introduced, but then I thought-duh, no way is Charloe going to happen without crap tons of sex.
Then Connor came and right about then was when a family tree would’ve come in very handy. Its completely understandable that Charlie might need to bring out the swords every once in a while with that many tiny Monroe’s running amuck. The kids introducing themselves one by one was adorable and I thought Bass’ reaction to Charlie being pregnant yet again was damn near perfect.
Oh, and even though I couldn’t keep track of the kids, their names were all really cute.

A Very Merry New Vegas Christmas
Rachel’s character was written very well. I especially liked the line “She would yell, cause a scene complete with insults and dramatic hand gestures, and Bass wasn’t in the mood to hear her snippy voice” because I feel the exact same way about her. (Kidding...sort of!)
I also laughed when Miles told Charlie she had to tell Rachel she was leaving and Charlie said “I’ll send her a post card when I get there.” Same, Charlie. Other than those memorable lines, this was and okay fic and pretty fun to read.

It’s a Wonderful Life
Now usually I’m a total Grinch when it comes to Christmas, but these fics may just get me in the holiday spirit. This was really fun to read. I Bass may have been a bit out of character when he was saying he’d give Charlie the moon, but that’s just me. The rest of this story was so so cute, I loved it.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oops, I almost forgot to read this chapter because the description called it a one shot!
Yeah, I apologize. This was my fault. I was actually surprised when I was reading it that there was a chapter 2. Sorry about that guys.

Necropolisian, we need to get you a nickname We're a nickname sort of group. LOL

Jaq you may post when ready.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 11-17-2015 at 07:34 PM
Old 11-17-2015, 07:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Yeah, I apologize. This was my fault. I was actually surprised when I was reading it that there was a chapter 2. Sorry about that guys.

[b]Necropolisian[/b, we need to get you a nickname We're a nickname sort of group. LOL

My name is Ally, so that always works if you want? I made the twitter I use for rewatch while I was in Latin in my junior year, and for some odd reason I thought necropolis was cool haha.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropolisian (View Post)
My name is Ally, so that always works if you want? I made the twitter I use for rewatch while I was in Latin in my junior year, and for some odd reason I thought necropolis was cool haha.
We can go with Ally. Although, Thessie is a fan of making a nickname out of your screen name, so she may come up with something from that. But the final stamp of approval for a nickname will always come from the person getting it.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Necropolisian, we need to get you a nickname We're a nickname sort of group. LOL

So this got a bit long, sorry

In our bedroom after the War, by hayj

As most of you know, hay is one of my favourite people, but she’s also one of my favourite writers too. This story does so many things to me that are nothing to do with Christmas, so it manages to avoid my bah, humbug spot altogether.

Generally, I love the swoop-forward-in-time stories where we get to see 40 year old Charlie and 60+ Bass because it assuages that nagging suspicion I have that this could be a real issue for them; that 24 year age gap being a whole lot more problematic for a 50 year old woman facing the mortality of the love of her life, than a 25 year old woman seeing a man in his prime. And I ADORE seeing their lives turn out well, love and laughter and a houseful of children.

But I particularly love hay’s version of this future because Charlie is still badass, still recognisably OUR Charlie … the scene where she stalks down the stairs half dressed because she thought her daughter was in trouble – and put her sword to Bass’ throat – was so perfectly pitched in that we got to see the mother she was, as well as the warrior who was still there.

(And later, the fact that Bass is still madly in lust with the warrior, as well as in love with the mother of his children).

And I adored seeing Connor again, less for Connor’s sake and more for Bass’, because he is a man who needs the security of family and mission to keep him grounded. And old man Miles who hasn’t given up any of his bad habits even if he’s trying to settle into being granddad, teasing an oversensitive young Monroe one minute, slipping her whiskey the next … all my favourites were here, and happy and then there’s another baby, and poor overcome Bass who is just so HAPPY and in love and … I love this story, okay!

A very Merry New Vegas Christmas by Iwilltry-tocarryon

The New Vegas episodes are some of my favourite Revolution episodes because of Bass fighting barechested in the cage – it’s that blissful mix of the fact that man should ALWAYS be bare chested and that he moves like a dancer and its just ridiculously hot, okay? (I maybe be a bit defensive about how hot I find gratuitous, sexed-up violence. But so be it.) And Charlie watching him fight makes it all the hotter; especially as you know she would have been a little bit torn up by it that second time when they are actually allies, and she’s pretty adept at violence herself, and she knows she should be revolted, but she’s really really not.

And maybe the sex happens a little quicker than truly credible (a talky or usty scene or two before the big explosion would have made it that much more satisfying) but its hot and raw and just plain yummy. As one shots go, this one moves fairly quickly, but it could probably lose a thousand words or so to make it tighter and sharper, but it’s a still a really fun read, and again, doesn’t hit the Christmas fluff button at any point, so I love it for that.

And I always did love that line about all his Christmases needing to be spent inside of Charlie

It’s a wonderful life by TwistedType

TT goes by ModernScarlett on Tumblr, for anyone who hasn’t made the connection.

And I should probably confess I haven’t ever seen It’s a Wonderful Life. It’s one of those American standards that’s a bit lost on the rest of the world, I fear. I don’t think I’ve EVER watched a specific Christmas movie, in fact – we tend to spend our Christmases at the beach, or the lake, or passed out under a gumtree somewhere (You all think I’m joking – but I’m really not )(Except for the gumtree thing – not always great shade. Last Christmas here it got up to 108 degrees your temps; the one before that I was up north and we had a little cyclone on Christmas Day.)

So I probably lose a bit in my wider appreciation of the parallels of the story to the film, but I DO love it regardless; the way TT gives us that gradual intregration of Monroe into Charlie’s conception of what Christmas should be; how she knows he’s trying to make it right and Rachel just won’t let him, and Charlie decided **** that, she wants him in her life more than she needs the others. And how he makes Christmas meaningful for her again by giving her back her memories of her childhood Christmas, and how his last Christmas with his family was awful, but also wonderful just because they could be together; and how he wants to give her the moon, give her the sort of life where family and Christmas and love and reconciliation are things that happen. Sigh. So romantic. (And kudos for the realistic, punchy, Bass-and-Charlie voice dialogue, which is something I have high standards for.)

And then there’s the sex which is no holds barred scorching; some of the best I’ve read anywhere. Whenever the topic comes up with people who write smut, I always go back to my credo: if you want to write really, really, REALLY hot sex, what your lovers do must be driven by who they are and how they are feeling at the time, or its just athletics.

And TT nails that – Bass picking up the thread of his story again is one of the best endings to a fic I’ve ever read. Especially after a big sex scene. We say perfect a lot but that really IS perfect.

Randi, your turn
jaqofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
We can go with Ally. Although, Thessie is a fan of making a nickname out of your screen name, so she may come up with something from that. But the final stamp of approval for a nickname will always come from the person getting it.
It's totally fine if some one can think of a nickname that has to do with my screen name I'm open to that too
Reply   Post New Thread