Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah, that sounds pretty spot on.
Oh and just watched the episode Bride, where Lois admits that the whole thing (falling in love) kind of snuck up on her and that she tried to ignore it at first, but she and Clark kept experiencing these moments. Oliver knew exactly who she was talking about.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That episode was great for them, and Lois finally admitting out loud the feelings she has for Clark and Oliver knew who she was talking about! That was a great vulnerable moment for her.
So I felt for Lois, she was growing very close to Clark and than Lana returns and than Doomsday happens... everything just happens and sort of slows down the progress or pause it for a little bit.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed season 8! I'm now on Season 9!

Clark also didn't show up for the coffee date in season 8, which she understood to mean it was time to let it go.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

Season 9 was a big improvement from season 8. Better love story, better villain, better arc and Lois got to be in more episodes.

You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited by scififan2009; 07-02-2020 at 05:46 AM
Old 07-02-2020, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked that Clark didn't show up to the coffee date... I felt sad for Lois however I felt it was a great way to show that Clark wasn't ready for the next step or a relationship with Lois yet and it makes it even much more special when we see him move on and finally ready to take that next step with Lois.

Miros, the look on Clark's face in 9x01 when he saw Lois face after he saved her from that train.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

He said at the end of S8 that Clark Kent was dead. And it took Lois Lane to bring him back.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

^ Great scene.

Tia, I agree. I don't mind the pacing. It's good that Clark and Lois thought things through.

Yesterday, I reached the scene of their fist kiss. Love how it's the last thing we see before the end credits roll.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ You meant their 3rd kiss? Their first "official kiss" but their
First kiss was when he was pretending to be Green Arrow, "Hydro" and the second kiss was in the Crimson episode 6x13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
He said at the end of S8 that Clark Kent was dead. And it took Lois Lane to bring him back.
That shows the impact of seeing Lois again.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Yes, their first ‘real deal’ smooch.

I’m still on season 9, where Lois feels torn between having feelings for “both” Clark and the Blur. I don’t mind this kind of love triangle.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not convinced she had romantic feelings for "the Blur". I think she admired him and he boosted her sense of importance in the grand scheme of things. Everyone she knew was practically some kind of hero, helping people in a unique way and she may have been feeling a little left behind and helping the Blur was her way of helping society in general. She's always been out there chasing after bad guys but she'd never seen that as a calling until S9. The Blur helped her see it.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Let’s not forget about Pandora.

“Lois, I died when you left.”
Old 07-06-2020, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I completely agree and that's what I loved about it. When Clark and Lois get together you can see how much they grew to get to that point and how the attraction was kind of always there but they pretended that it wasn't.

Miros I am not sure you'll be watching this but this was also one of my favorite scenes before they got together romantically because it showed shades of how close Lois had gotten to Clark. She was sad that Clark was leaving town.

They were so young.

icon: rachel/adam
Old 07-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep! with a hint of feelings underneath the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)
Yes, their first ‘real deal’ smooch.

I’m still on season 9, where Lois feels torn between having feelings for “both” Clark and the Blur. I don’t mind this kind of love triangle.
My favorite triangle since he's the same person. lol That's what made the Superman/Lois/Clark triangle so amazing! I do love how Smallville had their own version of that with the Blur and it made Clark fall more deeply for Lois by being the Blur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Let’s not forget about Pandora.

“Lois, I died when you left.”
That line was everything. He grew to know how much he loved her after he thought she had died. That had to be a sad version of Clark in that alternative world. Living and never getting to tell Lois how much he loved her since he really didn't know he did until her disappearance... something that tragic had to happen to awaken his feelings.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Extreme Fan

While I may not believe Lois was ever in love with the Blur, I do think Clark fell even deeper in love with her as the Blur. The end of S8 broke him because he didn't know what he had until she "died" and seeing her in the other "future" was so overwhelming for him and then seeing her back on the train, it was just beautiful to watch things from his perspective for once. S8 was about Lois's feelings for Clark S9 (my favourite season) was about his feelings for her.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep I believe Clark said that knowing Lois as the Blur made him see a whole different sie of Lois that made him for much deeper. In season 8 we saw Clark's feelings for Lois but he was so oblvious of it which was why the quote, "How could a guy with x-ray vision be so blind." was perfect for Clark.
It's one of the reasons I can excuse Clark's bad decision making in season 8 when Lana returned, Clark settled into something that was safe... and he didn't know what his feelings for Lois was at that point... same when he rejected the dinner date, he wasn't ready to take that step.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread