Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
^ Are you referring to Lana or Lex?

Lana and not to say anything bad about Lana, I just believe that Clark got to open his eyes a bit more and actually take a step forward and that wouldn't have happened if Lana didn't leave.

Clark himself said this, "Lana thought she was holding me back, and you know what? She was right. Look what happened after she left. I got off the farm, I got a job, I started using my abilities to help people when they needed it the most."

And it's not to slam Lana in anyway but once she left in the season 7 finale, Clark finally got himself a real job and actively went out to save people without waiting for people to come to him with trouble. Not dealing with Lana and Lex helped him grow even if I believe in the future all of them are meant to be in each other's lives, but I feel for that moment, Clark needed to know how life could be without her. It also made him see Lois in a different light as well.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I think for the most part, Clark was bogged down by other people's expectations of him, or rather what he felt was their expectations of him. S8 was the season where he was his own man, or began to be and that coincided with his growing feelings for Lois. I think she, of all the people that he knew, including his parents, she was the one that gave him the freedom to express himself without reservation or fear of judgement or condemnation. It was so much easier to be with Lois, as friends and as lovers.

If you look at that speech he gave her when he confessed the truth finally, you get to see how for so long he was governed by fear losing those he loved but there were other emotions driving him for the first seven seasons. Like the fear of exposure with his parents, fear of rejection with Lana, fear of disappointment with Chloe, fear of his destiny with Jor-El, fear of failure with Lex before he realised he was not responsible for Lex's BS. His relationship of Lois is fearless. Yes when they started dated and were serious, certain insecurities cropped up but they dealt with them together and with maturity realising they were stronger together than apart.

He will never have with anyone else what he has with Lois, nor will it be as equally profound as his relationship with Lois. That is a known fact, it doesn't matter what happens before that or even after that.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand what you guys are trying to say.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

I'm about to rewatch seasons 8-10 (I just could never bring myself to watch seasons 1-7). However, are there any Clois-centric episodes in those seasons (1-7) that I should check out before I begin my rewatch?
Old 06-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)
I'm about to rewatch seasons 8-10 (I just could never bring myself to watch seasons 1-7). However, are there any Clois-centric episodes in those seasons (1-7) that I should check out before I begin my rewatch?
Crusade - First meeting.

Gone - Shower scene. Lana assuming Clark moved on with Lois lol

Facade - Saving each other. Dunk tank scene and Chloe recognizing something between them

Devoted - First time they really work on a “case” together.

Recruit - Lois tries to clear her name when accused a paralysing a football player. Clark saves her from drowning.

Krypto - Lois brings Shelby home to the farm. Clark wants to keep him. They investigate together.

Lucy - Lois’s sister Lucy comes to stay at the farm. “Oh, we’re friends now?” Iconic scene.

Aqua - Clark being a little jealous with Lois and Aquaman/AC. When Lois wonders if she’ll ever meet someone like that again, Clark says “I promise you’ll meet someone even more special.”

Exposed - Lois lapdance. Clark teasing her.

Oracle - “Instead of a bike, you were really saving up for a Harley.”

Hydro - First Clois kiss. Lois admitting that the Green Arrow (Clark) is a better kisser than Oliver.

Crimson - Red K Clark and Lois on a love potion.

Combat - Lois and Clark vs Zoner. Lois in that red leather.

Siren - Clark and Lois iconic hug. “Why settle for hot, rich and famous when I can hang out with you?” Probably the moment Lois starts to fall for Clark.

Apocalypse - Lois’ reaction to Clark when they first meet in a AU (she is def attracted to him and invites him for a drink lol). They work together to bring down Lex/Fine. When Clark gets back to his reality, Lois invites him for a drink too lol

Artic - Lois comforting Clark when Lana leaves.

S8. Episodes 1-10 are all good Clois moments. Infamous, Hex and Stiletto have great Clois moments too.

Last edited by scififan2009; 06-20-2020 at 09:30 AM
Old 06-20-2020, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Awesome! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)

Old 06-20-2020, 11:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Crusade - First meeting.

Facade - Saving each other. Dunk tank scene and Chloe recognizing something between them

Devoted - First time they really work on a “case” together.

Recruit - Lois tries to clear her name when accused a paralysing a football player. Clark saves her from drowning.

Krypto - Lois brings Shelby home to the farm. Clark wants to keep him. They investigate together.

Lucy - Lois’s sister Lucy comes to stay at the farm. “Oh, we’re friends now?” Iconic scene.

Aqua - Clark being a little jealous with Lois and Aquaman/AC. When Lois wonders if she’ll ever meet someone like that again, Clark says “I promise you’ll meet someone even more special.”

Hydro - First Clois kiss. Lois admitting that the Green Arrow (Clark) is a better kisser than Oliver.

Crimson - Red K Clark and Lois on a love potion.

Combat - Lois and Clark vs Zoner. Lois in that red leather.

Siren - Clark and Lois iconic hug. “Why settle for hot, rich and famous when I can hang out with you?” Probably the moment Lois starts to fall for Clark.

Apocalypse - Lois’ reaction to Clark when they first meet in a AU (she is def attracted to him and invites him for a drink lol). They work together to bring down Lex/Fine. When Clark gets back to his reality, Lois invites him for a drink too lol

Artic - Lois comforting Clark when Lana leaves.

S8. Episodes 1-10 are all good Clois moments. Infamous, Hex and Stiletto have great Clois moments too.
Thank you SO MUCH for this. I wasn't dreading re-watching S4-S7 trying to find the handful of great Clois episodes, you have saved me time. On the other hand I LOVE rewatching S8-10.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a good detailed list.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

I can’t take all the credit. Most of it came from reddit.

I just added some of my own faves.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

There's an episode I'm trying to remember, I don't know if it's listed already. It's the one after the jet crashed in the Arctic and Lois was in hospital telling Clark the FoS was like heaven. Clark held her hand and it got awkward quickly.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Season 6 episode 1 Zod.

I wonder if the girls made Clark another mess for Father’s Day.

Last edited by scififan2009; 06-21-2020 at 11:23 AM
Old 06-21-2020, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)
Awesome! Much appreciated!
Adding 3 episodes to the list:

4x12 "Pariah" Lois stops Clark from killing someone and Lois explains how she'd feel if someone was keeping a secret from her.

6x01 "Zod" it's a great moment there.

6x05 "Reunion" we got to see Clois investigating together and Lois telling him how stupid keeping secrets from people are! That's them before Daily Planet days.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can’t take all the credit. Most of it came from reddit.

I just added some of my own faves.
Oh, okay. Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just watched this episode, and the quote in context... . Oh snap!

Thanks everybody for adding extra episodes to this list!
Old 06-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot, Miros, is it your first time ever watching these episodes from season 1-7? Or you watched the episodes but never re-watched it?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread