Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

damn..this topic about predictions is really interesting but I can't really get involved....I still haven't read the fifth book
the prediction about one of the weasleys dying is very interesting...imagine how much it would change the dynamic of the family if one of them died. I think Ron would have a bit more leadership. I definately don't want one of the twins to die or even percy to die...actually i don't want any of them to die but I think this storyline would turn into a real page-turner. well i can't really say much more..but I'll definately get involve in the discussion when I've finished reading the book

GG: I love that song by Joss Stone...oh and the mention of the red hair is very good yes the song is very sexy.

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys, I am new on this board, I hope you dont mind me joing in your conversations! Just wanted to say how much I loved the Prisoner of Azkaban and I hope they develop the Ron/Hermione loving in the next films. Also I found a couple of new quotes about their relationship, at least I hope they are new and you havent already seen them

"there are several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." (sfgate.com)

"Deep sexual undertones also exist, and they go beyond Ron & Hermione brushing hands. There's a clear envy in Harry present, as he feels left behind by his friends' clear (if not yet admitted) feelings for one another -- look only to the moment after Buckbeak's execution. Hermione throws her arms around Ron's neck in tears, and Harry puts his arms around her soon after, trying desperately to remain as integral a part of the triangle as his first year at Hogwarts. "

"Cuarón, director of one of the most carnal films of the early 21st century (Y tu mamá también), can't resist giving us an awkward moment between Ron and Hermione, when the characters find themselves clumsily holding hands. The two, both embarrassed, quickly pull away from each other, but the tension is there. "

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
Old 06-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi SPICEYBALL! Thanks for posting those quotes.

Hmm, what do I think... firstly, I would LOVE to see Mr. Weasley as Minister of Magic. Like Ron said "Dad could've got promoted any time, he just likes where he is." Thing is, though, we're all assuming that Fudge is gone - JKR never said so, did she? Oh well, I hope Fudge gets fired - he's always bothered me.

As for what happens between Harry and Voldemort (who he'll defeat him with) I have to say that, as it's kind of the "Final Showdown", I think he'll start with the trio beside him, but something will happen to the two of them (Voldemort cursing them down?) so that in the end, it's just Voldemort and Harry. But I think Harry will end up thinking of his family, his best friends, and someone he loves *coughGINNYcough* and find the strength and love within him to finish off Voldemort once and for all.

PS - I was listening to my GoF audio tape this morning and it was right in the Yule Ball chapter where Hermione and Ron have all those blazing rows.... it makes me smile every time.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Sorry for the double post..... just wanted to point out that we, Sidekicks, currently have 248 members, while the Aurors are sitting at 235! Don't mean to brag or anything, but come on.... who's the favourite ship NOW?
Old 06-24-2004, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by PitterPotter
My impression of that scene was to show the teamwork of the trio. I didn't think of it as a 'shippy moment' even tho I do love me some Ron and Hermione. I just got the impression that Ron instinctively knew that Harry was going for Hermione's wand and pulled her hand out of the way so that Harry could get it out of her pocket easier without alerting Sirius to the fact that he was getting it. Frankly, it was one of the few moments that I thought they finally showed that Ron had some smarts too!! JMO tho.
I completely agree with you about this. Ron caught on to what Harry was about to do and he was helping. Definately.

Hi SPICEYBALL! Welcome.

As for the quotes:

#1 - Totally agree. Its a perfect description of their relationship as it stands now.

#2 - I don't agree with this quote. I couldn't see any evidence that Harry feels left behind. The only slight indication that he recognises that R/Hr have something is in the scene where they're fighting over the cat/rat fiasco in the court yard. Harry looks a little exasperated at the end when he looks back. He has a "yes my friends are fighting, yet again" look on his face. It's cute.

#3- What can I say. Alfonso gets it. And he's so good at subtlety.

Last edited by baileycat; 06-24-2004 at 06:51 AM
Old 06-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Banned

u no i dont no why the aurors are even bothering because all the way threw the books it is the ron and hermione thing, there is no harry hermione thing, they is silly for thinking that it is gonna happen. very silly
Old 06-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Good morning kicks.

Wow!! So many theories and predictions. I wish I could give my opinion but I'm not really good with theories or predictions.
I just hope Harry ends up with either Ginny or Luna. Right now I'm leaning towards Ginny.

allyru - I agree about H/Hr. But hey whatever floats their boat. If they want to see something that's not there then good for them. We have to respect them.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Total Fan

vix- i don't really know if Luna would go for Ron, but that does leave the Harry/Luna space open, so we'll see, but...different thread...
and you brought up another interesting thought...which of the trio will kill someone first? i mean, i may just be harry finishing off voldy...but if there's some kind of battle with lots of people involved...
and even though percy is a git in the 5th book, i still don't want to see him die...

welcome spiceyball! glad to have you here, and i love those quotes!

i am completely looking forward to the final battle. i have no idea how it will happen or how things will end up...but it's so exciting to think about. i know JKR won't let us down. it'll be so weird to finally read it!

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

whoa where have i been? havent posted in a while
sorry back to subject...

Christy
Old 06-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Sarah (SPICEYBALL)...welcome to the thread. I'm Cait. I added you to the thread like you asked and thanks heaps for the quotes. I love the last quote about Alfonso Cuaron and how he couldn't resist putting in awkward R/Hr moments...he is a true sidekicker. and the mention of the handholding and tension between Ron and hermione...ahhh those two know there is something between them
this is only just a quick post cause I'm oh so very tired
except more posts from me in a day or 2, cause I'm lucky enough to be on holidays soon. Three weeks of freedom...and lots of Fan forum

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Wow, this thread moves so fast that I can't keep up with it. But on the plus side, it means I have lots of interesting Sidekick comments to read about, and that's a good thing.

Just commenting on the discussions from last thread:
I'm inclined to think that Ron and Hermione's first kiss (and yes, we will get one in the series - I have no doubt about it ) will be during a fight. Because that just seems like them to me. As for who initiates it, I don't really care as long as it happens , but I think I'd prefer it to be Ron who kisses her. As has been pointed out, Hermione already knows how she feels. It's about time for Ron to not only get the clue but decide to do something about it. So I can see them arguing, Ron just losing his head and acting impulsively by grabbing Hermione and kissing her, and then Hermione looking at him and saying something like "It certainly took you long enough."

And Harry would have to witness it for some reason, or else we the readers will never get to "see" it. And Ron and Hermione's first kiss can't happen off-screen, now can it?

Their second kiss can be in a more tender and sweet moment. But I see the first one as being passionate and impulsive.

As for favorite HP books, PoA is not only my fave HP book but one of my top five books of all time. I love the characters of Remus and Sirius and how they're introduced, all the background about the Marauders truly makes the adults in the story seem so well-developed and rich (including Snape, a character who always keeps me guessing), I honestly never saw the ending coming (Scabbers? ), and it has the Shrieking Shack scene. That scene is just so filled with raw emotion.

Quote:
Originally posted by GG
And I genuinely think that R/H compliment each other well when it comes to discipline. Very good cop/bad cop. Balance.
I now really want to read a scene where Ron and Hermione have to deal with a misbehaving student and see this good cop/bad cop dynamic at work. Should be hilarious.

I don't have much in the way of predictions for future books. I do hope that we see more of Luna. I really liked her and think she brings a different perspective to the group. Her talk with Harry at the end of OotP is one of my favorite parts of the book (I needed the comfort just as much as Harry did by the point ). I don't see her getting romantically involved with either Ron or Harry, but I could very easily picture Luna making some casual comments that forced Hermione and Ron to acknowledge out-loud their feelings for each other. She's a fairly honest person who says what she's thinking, so I could picture Luna saying something about how it's obvious Hermione likes Ron (or vice versa) and then the other person just stopping short and staring at her while they think about it. So maybe she could work to help the two of them along their romantic way in that manner.

(Oh, and I see Ginny as becoming even more important a part of the group. And a romance between her and Harry..... but yeah, that's for another thread )

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Kickies!!!

Wow! Interesting predictions, everybody!! As for me, I don't know why, but I strongly believe that Harry is going to die. (Sorry, don't smack me!) It's just that I've been thinking, and most of the readers think that Harry is some kind of hero that is immune to everything that happens to him, because of the love of his mother that still prevails in his skin, and they really don't expect him to die, and so if JKR kills him off at the very end of book 7, it will give a very dramatic ending to the series and it would have more impact on the readers, because they totally don't expect it. So I think that it's a possibility that she might be seriously considering. . . *ducks to avoid pots and pans thrown by angry Sidekicks*

My other predictions include, more deaths obviously, Dumbledore probably, Sirius will return (he didn't really die, he just disappeared behind the veil), the last battle btw Voldie & Harry will be just the two of them and really full of dramatism and suspense. It should be really fun to read it! Can't wait for all the goodness in store for us in books 6 and 7!!!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome ComeAwayWithMe and SPICEYBALL. I'm Shirley.

Susan- You're the webmistress of Dueling with Destiny? It's a pleasure to meet you! I think your site is magnificent!

I'm having loads of fun reading everyone's predictions! I don't have much to contribute, but keep 'em coming!

Here are some cute pics:

Lotsa staring!
(Love all the R/H looking at each other, dont' you? )

Happy trio
(Nice trio pic, but also one of the best ones I've seen with both Rupert and Emma smiling. )

(Darnit, dr.com don't allow direct linking. But try posting the addy on your broswer and see if that works?)
Old 06-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Total Fan

anla- i agree with your theory of ron and hermione's first kiss. it would be sooo cute! and you're right- harry would have to be there! i also really like the idea of Luna just blurting something out in front of ron and hermione about how they feel about each other. awww, that would be so cute.

will harry die or not? well, maybe part of him will die. maybe his 'super wizard' side. like, he won't have all of the extra skills and talents that he recieved from voldy anymore (parselmouth, legilimency, etc...) he'll just be a 'normal' boy again. maybe that's just wishful thinking...but it would just be so sad if he died after fighting for so long. i mean, doesn't it seem like he deserves more than having his whole purpose be ending voldemort?

shirley- those pics are awesome!! they all look so good.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Shirly, pasting the link into another web page worked fine for me. The pics are just too cute - thanks for bringing them over!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top