Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Liz
ahhh but it's good to know that people can be converted .
Indeed it is..And it's good to see that they don't becoma Aurors..
Avie: Isis2015
Old 06-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Novlt
Indeed it is..And it's good to see that they don't becoma Aurors..
Yeah, I think Harry's dream job would be a Sidekick, not an Auror.
Zapp: Come back when it's a catastrophe.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

of course everyone will become a sidekick one day! There's just no evidence of anything "love" related between Harry and Hermione...Hermione is family to Harry...she's like his sister...

I just don't understand how there are people who haven't seen the light? It's the only kind of romance suggested in the entire novel unless you consider that horrid relationship between harry and cho romance...Ron belongs with Hermione and Ginny belongs with Harry.

and I really don't think JKR is playing a big trick on us and it's going to end up Harry/Hermione...cause there's just so much build up to Ron/Hermione that it wouldn't make sense to end it Harry/Hermione.

hmmm...

Al Roker's seen it.
All the movie and book reviewers noticed.
TRK UK VJ noticed.
the guy from extra noticed.
David Heyman noticed.
Chris Columbus noticed.
Daniel Radcliffe noticed.
Emma and Rupert noticed.
Alfonso Cuaron noticed...

POA practically throws it in our face with all the sexual tension and the "electric current" hehe I had to throw that in...

You'd think that everyone would see the light by now. I really do not get it.

anyway how's everyone doing?

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Liz
One day this world will be full of sidekickers!!
ah so very true.
how could anyone not be a sidekicker after watching POA...I mean the whole hand holding, hugging, awkward moments between R/Hr. People couldn't just be sitting in the movie thinking that R/Hr are going to turn out to be friends....their relationship is becoming a tad obvious now
hey it would be interesting to see if any aurors convert to being a sidekick after seeing POA or GOB? has that ever happened at this thread?

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-22-2004, 01:38 PM
New Fan

:D

LOL; I'm not converted lol I started this way after I read the first book, before the first movie even started filming! I just found the post though. I've always been a huge Hr/R supporter - love the way they compliment each other.

Hermione would be boring with out the constant bickering with Ron, she'd lose that sharp wit. And Ron would have to find someone else to annoy, and it wouldn't be nearly as cute.

I'm a huge Weasley fan in general- love the lot of them lol; it'd def. be the family I was born into lol! Although that would be weird since I have such an affection for Ron (and the TWINS! And Charlie... def. Bill... not Percy though... weird lol).

I love Hermione and Ron in the movie even though they didn't give me enough bickering, I really like how they're drawing Hermione's character out more and more- I really love how they're drawing Ron with her though, the BuckBeak lesson scene was too cute, and the way he looked at her after she decked tom was awesome.

Can't say I was dissapointed when she went for him before Harry when they 'executed' BuckBeak, but I was a little dissapointed when Harry moved in on it, but I like the trio's friendship dynamic... so I wasn't really dissapointed.

Thanks for the welcome btw!

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Banned

Hi Kicks

My name's Katie.

I became an obsessive R/Hr shipper after reading GoF so im really happy to see an R/Hr thread here! How anyone can be anything besides a Kicker is beyond me!

Can i be added to the list? My e-mail is CutieKatie176@aol.com

Nice to meet you all.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to all the newbies!!!
You'll love this thread.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Vix_Chic
Hermione would be boring with out the constant bickering with Ron, she'd lose that sharp wit. And Ron would have to find someone else to annoy, and it wouldn't be nearly as cute.
They are really sweet together...I remember reading a thread where someone asked what Hermione saw in Ron...surely the cleverest witch in the year should go out with the most famous and richest wizard...but they're completely ignoring the fact that Ron brings out stuff from Hermione no one else does.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Squishy
I remember reading a thread where someone asked what Hermione saw in Ron...surely the cleverest witch in the year should go out with the most famous and richest wizard...
Love doesn't always make sense. It just is. And I agree that a lot of people (including Kloffers) seem to be oblivious to all of Ron's amazing qualities as they are overshadowed by The Most Amazing Boy Who Ever Lived.

Welcome, ImmortalChick, Vix, AlwaysNH and Katie. Nice to see so many newbies!

Congrats on 3200, Laura!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Re: Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlfriend
Love doesn't always make sense. It just is. And I agree that a lot of people (including Kloffers) seem to be oblivious to all of Ron's amazing qualities as they are overshadowed by The Most Amazing Boy Who Ever Lived.
Yeah, it really irritates me. Harry has been created to be a normal person, with weaknesses and failings, just like the rest of us. He also gets a lot of help from other people and has a lot of luck when he's battling Voldemort, but the films make it look like he's some kind of demigod.

I liked this reply someone gave on the thread.

Quote:
Left to herself, Hermione would be a spinster in a library hissing at people to keep
silent. Ron provides a missing piece to her life, which is someone to pull her out of the
library and make her have fun and enjoy life. Harry wouldn't do that; he would just follow
her to the library, like he did in GoF when Ron and him were fighting.

Ron is also a better match, personality-wise. Harry's mechanism for coping with Hermione's
bossiness, arrogance and nagging would be to pull into himself, creating resentment. It
would be a passive-aggressive hell. Ron is much better equipped to handle Hermione,
because he doesn't tolerate it.

One of the big misunderstandings of the Ron-Hermione bickering dynamic is that Hermione
creates her share of the arguments. It's a lot more obvious that Ron needs to mature, but
Hermione has her share of maturing to do, too.

We saw a lot of Ron maturing in OotP, and I expect to see even more of it in book 6. I
think it will all become a lot clearer why they are destined for each other when that
happens.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Squishy
Yeah, it really irritates me. Harry has been created to be a normal person, with weaknesses and failings, just like the rest of us. He also gets a lot of help from other people and has a lot of luck when he's battling Voldemort, but the films make it look like he's some kind of demigod.

I liked this reply someone gave on the thread.
I agree. Harry would never have been able to overcome the obstacles that he does without the help of Ron and Hermione and many others. I think that people who are unfamiliar with the books don't realize that since they see Harry as the hero. The films support this misconception even more, except in PoA, where Hermione was made out to be a goddess.

And I like that quote. That person said everything, bang on!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:40 PM
New Fan

Couldn't possibly agree more, and in my mind Ron is just as good as Harry. Harry started as a movie 'demigod' because of the central focus, but if you really look at it - he didn't really *do* anything in the beginning; his mother did, and for all that matters it could have been Neville--- but that would have been scary.

Harry is tied to Voldie-poo and has all these battles because he's sought out, or expected to. No one expects Ron to do a bloody thing, but being the loyal, and brave (he's brave!... sometimes... when there's not spiders.... or... yeah well ya know ) person he is he trudges into danger just to help his friend.

Even though he had that nasty jealousy spell, I didn't like that too much, he still cared enough about his friends to get over it... with Hermione's help. I only like Jealous Ron when it's directed to Krum, for obvious reason (OH! I loved when Harry found the limbs of the action figure- that was too funny)

And I rightly agree with Hermione's future as a spinster with the puppy dog (harry) right behind her, it'd be too-- blah; there's no fire, no passion... NO YELLING! lol, and poor Ron.

Harry's been given a lot. Money, Fame, Tri Wizard, Invisibility Cloak, etc... and Yes Ron is starting to get his fair share (fame with the mermen story (correctly recollected or not lol), keeper king, Precfect) I don't think I'd like JK if she gave Harry Hermione as well. Doesn't seemed balanced and fair.

(Yes I know Harry has trials and tribulations so it's not like he's *handed* these things- but if you keep count- it surely seems as such some times)

I know this has all been stated, but I felt like restating it lol- nothing like beating a dead horse to improve ones dedication lol I also had entire tooooooo much sugar.. ok bye lol.

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:49 PM
New Fan

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello since I am new. I am definitely a Ron and Hermione shipper. POA was in my opinion the best movie so far. It showed Hr/R developing relationship and I cant wait to see how they handle it in GoF. Well thats all!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I would say that Harry is the hero, but he couldn't have done it without Ron and Hermione.

Btw, do you guys know of any R/H essays? I'd like to post some at my RH site. Essays will be credited of coarse.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

Sorry, double.

:hp_ron: :hp_hermione:

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top