Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kilikena Miki

My only prediction is that JAMES IS ALIVE IN REMUS' BODY!!!!!! .
Omg, I love this prediction. This is the first time I've heard of it, but it could be true. It explains why Remus talked about Lily in such a lovey dovey way in PoA the movie. Didn't JKR said that there was definitely foreshadowing the the third movie?

I guess I can see how some people might think that James being alive in Remus would cheapen his death, but I don't really see it that way. Sirius coming back to life would cheapen his death b/c we know for a fact that he died and to come back to life would just be dumb. But for James, we don't know for certain what really happened that night or if he really died. I think it would be a really good twist, and I just want to see Harry happy. Even though it might be kinda weird talking to your dad in someone else's body. And I love Remus too, and I don't know if I would like it if he never really existed. Hmm...

Kristin- What book is that? I'd love to read all its theories!

And as for who of the trio I think would kill first, I think it'd be Ron protecting Hermione. That just fits into Ron's protective vibe for Hermione and it's also very After the End-ish, dontcha think?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:18 PM
New Fan

James being alive in Lupin's body is something i would have never thought of but you never know. My only problem with it is why didnt he ever say anything to anybody all these years? and why would he not tell his son, especially when he sees him suffering like he has been?

I know alot of people believe Harry will die, but I dont want it to end that way and i dont think JK Rowling would do that to all the fans. I want him to kill Voldemort, Ron and Hermione to end up together and for Harry to find someone too. I want a happy ending for everyone. I know it probably wont end up that way though. I was very mad about Sirius, so I just dont want Harry to lose somebody else thats close to him.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I had the most bizarre dream about Harry's death the other day actually...it came to me after I'd watched The Sixth Sense again. I thought that Voldemort had actually killed Harry fourteen years ago, but Harry came back as "an extra-concentrated ghost".

But anyway...

I love that drawing of Hermione and Ron...hehe, I still really want to see Hermione raging with jealousy though.
Zapp: Come back when it's a catastrophe.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Liz
I'm going to have to read GoF again. Just to obsorb all the kickyness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yeh you should definately read GOF again...I'm up to like chapter 18 and there has already been some hilarious r/hr moments especially when Hermione begins SPEW and tries to make Ron treasurer of the society...and there already hints of jealousy!

and that pridiction about James in Remus' body is great...there are definately hints in POA that can support this prediction. I mean like Girlfriend said before that would explain why Remus was talking all sweetly about Lily in POA. I never got why Lupin was talking about her like that...ah but this could explain it. and also remus seemed to connect with Harry on a very personal level and did kind of act like a father for him during his third year at Hogwarts. afterall many storylines were put in POA to hint what may be happening later in the series.and there also was not a lot of explanation of how James died and we never saw or heard him die in the movies, he could have possibly escaped while Lily was dying. although I don't see James being the type of person just to leave his family during something as horrific as that. but wow, this is an amazing prediction. it could see it working.
but i have to also agree with amber...if james was in Remus' body wouldn't he have tried to contact harry at all, especially when Remus was at hogwarts and saw what harry went through with the dementors and finding out who betrayed his parents. maybe James wanted to see harry be strong and be able to grow up himself..maybe he'll try to contact harry after he's graduated from Hogwarts and Harry is finally at peace with himself (that's if he hasn't died...and I hope he doesn't die). although harry would be pretty disappointed that James didn't try to contact him all those years. ahhh i don't know...this prediction is definately a mind bender. great prediction

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Squishy
I had the most bizarre dream about Harry's death the other day actually...it came to me after I'd watched The Sixth Sense again. I thought that Voldemort had actually killed Harry fourteen years ago, but Harry came back as "an extra-concentrated ghost".

But anyway...

I love that drawing of Hermione and Ron...hehe, I still really want to see Hermione raging with jealousy though.
That's quite the dream! Interesting theory......
Old 06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Loyal Fan

James in Remus' Body

I got the theory from World Wizarding Press' The Ultimate Unofficaial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter
and New Clues to book five

It states several instances that could be proof that Remus is in fact James! I lent the books to my friends who I just convinced but I will try to give you some points:

1. When Treelawny offeres to read Lupin she says, "He positivley fled." from her. So you would think that he wants to hide the fact that he is a werewolf, right? BUT we find out later that the whole staff new about his condition already! HMMMM...I wonder what he could be hiding?

2. If he is indeed James, he wouldn't want to get too personal with Harry because he would become too attached to him and remember, he is still in hiding.

3. Lily was excellent at charms, remember? The 'Switching Spell' is a charm that JKR has mentioned in every book, once or twice, but never elaborated on. Why would she not explain it if she has mentioned it so often? PLUS, if they did use a Switching spell, they would only switch bodies. So, James would be stuck inside the body of a werewolf and couldn't switch back to his body that died.

4.The reason that James would need to hide so well is a secret hidden deep within the septology. We don't know why the Potters were main target of Voldie, we know about Harry's prophecy, but what about his parents? Maybe they are the heir to Gryffindor. SO maybe James and Lily didn't think that just a Secret keeper was enough. So they wanted to keep JAmes extra special hidden. AND I MEAN THIS IN NO WAY DISRESPECTFUL TO JAMES. I DON"T THINK HIM LESS A MAN IF HE NEEDED TO HIDE. MAYBE HE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WE ALL KNOW! And just think the kind of wonderful friend Remus is to switch bodies with him!!!

4. YES JKR said there was foreshadowing in PoA. And YES I believe it is when Lupin is talking all lovey about Lily. I totally noticed that too! He did seem to be a bit more emotional when he was speaking about her, and a bit remenisant when speaking about James. Also, it is more-so evident in the book. When harry says he hears his mum when the dementors come round notice Remus' really emotional reaction, "you heard Lily?"

5. ALSO when he enters the shreiking shak...he enters with RED sparks emiting from his wand...like HARRY!

6. Notice that he seems to be able to read HArry's mind, like people who have deep emtional connections (ie: parents and children, bros and sis' , husbands and wives)

7. ALSO Lupin is JKR's fav character...I wonder why?

that's all I can remember about now, I will post more later!!!!!

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Old 06-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Kilikena Miki
1. When Treelawny offeres to read Lupin she says, "He positivley fled." from her. So you would think that he wants to hide the fact that he is a werewolf, right? BUT we find out later that the whole staff new about his condition already! HMMMM...I wonder what he could be hiding?
But Trelawney is a right old fraud. She's only made 2 accurate predictions her entire life. I highly doubt she would find anything, even if it was there!

And you'd think is Remus was really James, he would have at LEAST told Dumbledore. Besides, Voldie was gone for all those years...why wouldn't Remus!James say something? Why would he let Harry go to the Dursleys? There was perfect oppurtunity there. No, I think JK is pulling a fast one. I think Harry's parents are both dead.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Si- That's an interesting theory, lol.

Kristin- Thanks for posting the "evidence".

I must admit, I really have my heart set on Remus being James now. I'm just a sap, and that would be the ultimate sappy ending (but in a good way). There are both reasons as to why the Remus-is-James theory would and wouldn't work. I guess we all just have to wait and see.

Since we're talking about predictions, here's one related to R/H: Do you think R/H will officially get together in book 6 or 7?

I originally thought it was going to be book 6 but after seeing how slow JKR took it in book 5, I'm not sure anymore. But since I think that book 7 will be reserved for the H/G union, I think that JKR will make R/H get together in book 6 or else there will just be too much romance in book 7. Not to mention that she has to end the SERIES in book 7 too.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I think R/H will hook up in book 6 and H/G will in book 7 too.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I think JKR seems to have developed Ron and hermione's relationship really well and I think they will officially admit their feelings for each other and hook up in book 6. oh it shall be a very exciting time for we sidekicks..if it happens. lets hope JKR won't disappoint us.
yeh they'll save harry's romance for book 7

Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlfriend
Since we're talking about predictions, here's one related to R/H: Do you think R/H will officially get together in book 6 or 7?
I think Book 6...the bickering can only go on for so long.

Oh, and for everyone who liked the fic Broken Fate (which has a new chapter
up by the way), there's another great sixth-year fic I found called The Silent Siege. There's one version of it set after OotP (here), and an alternate-universe one written before OotP where Sirius is still alive (here). I've only read half of the first one, but it's very R/Hr and H/G.

Quote:
Dobby reached for the small red book that was now half-hanging out of his apron and gave it to Ginny with a proud smile.

"We house elves made it ourselves. We still can't read but we enchanted the books so that they talk to us when we open different pages. We made our hats, too, since otherwise we would be accepting clothes." Dobby still looked a little crestfallen at this but brightened when he noticed Ginny studying the cover.

Ginny's eyes widened as soon as she saw the lettering on the front, which read:

COLLECTED SAYINGS OF MISS HERMIONE GRANGER

Ginny opened the book to the first page and nearly dropped it as Hermione's voice came booming out stridently from inside:

"Oppression is complete when individual agents become the tools of production rather than the masters of it. True liberty - "

Ginny turned another page.

"House elves will never become masters of their own destiny so long
as knowledge and discourse remain solely in the hands of an elite community of wizards and witches. In order to balance - "

Ginny flipped to another page.

"Ron, I really don't think we should be snogging in the kitch - "

Ginny closed the book shut with a wince and handed it back to Dobby who gingerly replaced it in his pocket.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"Ron, I really don't think we should be snogging in the kitch - "
....I just got many visual images from that. and I love Ginny's reaction to hearing what hermione has just said. what fan fic is this from?

Old 06-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Dancer in the Dark*~
....I just got many visual images from that. and I love Ginny's reaction to hearing what hermione has just said. what fan fic is this from?
'sfrom The Silent Siege. Hah, Dobby is in some of the best scenes of this fic.

Quote:
Ron moaned with delight as his senses were filled with his two great indulgences: chocolate and Hermione. Hermione locked him into a fierce embrace and both of them continued to roll around on the floor, picking up debris like an avalanche.

All of this caused such a distraction that neither noticed when a squat form emerged from the shadows and jumped on top of them. It was not until the figure had rode them like a beach ball for a moment, jumped off, and then bellowed a cheerful greeting that Ron and Hermione quickly disentangled themselves, jumped for their wands and cried:

"Lumos!"

Twin beams shone out from the two wands onto the golf-ball shaped eyes of Dobby the house-elf.

"Dobby!" said Hermione anxiously, trying desperately to flatten her hair, which now stood out in all directions and, with the addition of several gooey sweets, made her resemble a psychedelic peacock.

Dobby clasped his hands together. "Dobby is very sorry indeed. Dobby did not mean to disturb wizard mating behavior. But Dobby is very happy to have found Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley - safe!"
Old 06-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Look, jealous Ron is always with Hermione to watch her.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Kickies!!!

OK, I'm all out of predictions, so I'll just sit back in my chair and keep on reading yours, it's more fun. I really don't like to think much about what is going to happen in the next books, I like to be surprised. Like, for example, in CoS, when Harry and Ron were hidden in the staff room and McGonagall or I don't remember what teacher, announced that it had been Ginny who had been taken by Voldie, I literally gasped, so loud that my mom in the room next to mine heard me. . . I totally did not see that one coming. . . so that's what I would like to have in the next books. . .

But predictions about R/H I sure don't mind. . . something to keep me interested until it actually happens. . . that first kiss prediction posted by Anla is my favorite. It will definitely happen like that, it's so like R/H. I have in my mind another R/H first kiss scenario but I can't put it into words. When I have it clearer in my head, I sure will post it here. . .

PS: EphramIsHot, nice to see you are a Sidekick too!!!