Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the pics. Too cute.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aww, you guys are very welcome.

Marta has a new art up. It's of Hermione and Krum dancing at the Yull Ball, but with Ron looking all jealous in the background. I love the way Hermione looks in this pic. She looks so pretty and the look on her face is so cute. She looks like a princess! Now if only it were Ron dancing with her. But we all know it will be soon. Just a matter of time.

Old 06-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I love everyone's perdictions! They are fantastic! I would comment on them but I'm too tired!

My only prediction is that JAMES IS ALIVE IN REMUS' BODY!!!!!! .
I have a book that expounds on a billion different theories that are all completely pluasibly and that one is my fav! If you are curious just PM me, cuz i'm too tired to write it out now!

P.S. I have just convinced 2 of my friends that this theory is true! We are gonna start a club! j/k.

P.S.S. If you wanna read a fic where another guy (Justin Fitch-Fletchly) goes after Herm and Ron doesn't like it and turns into super sexy-flirts-like-the-devil-Ron and is still in cahracter!
read:

Therapy

and Conversations with Dr. Hammond
By Jane.

The second one is the story with Sexy-Ron!

Quote:
At dinner that evening, after Divination, everything seemed pretty close to normal. The three of them talked about mundane things, ignoring the stares and whispers about roses that were wafting around the Great Hall. Occasionally, however, Ron would throw in little statements that Harry could only describe as innuendo, if only he didn’t know for a fact that Ron was completely incapable of being "smooth". Wasn’t he?

"Wanna taste my pudding, Ninny?"

Hermione, for her part, would only raise her one eyebrow self importantly and respond in kind with her own double-ended answers, that is, Harry would think so were it true that Hermione were capable of being coy and self-assured, which she absolutely was not. Was she?

"What, in front of everyone?"

Harry was going mad. Who were these two people, and what had they done with Ron and Hermione?

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Old 06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

EphramIsHot - No prob! And good luck!!

Cait - Yes, yes! Isn't the song great? *sigh*

Welcome to all of the newbies!!

Shirley - LOVE the new pic, thanks for posting it!

Kilikena Miki - Thank you, thank you for the fic recs!

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla
Just commenting on the discussions from last thread:
I'm inclined to think that Ron and Hermione's first kiss (and yes, we will get one in the series - I have no doubt about it ) will be during a fight. Because that just seems like them to me. As for who initiates it, I don't really care as long as it happens , but I think I'd prefer it to be Ron who kisses her. As has been pointed out, Hermione already knows how she feels. It's about time for Ron to not only get the clue but decide to do something about it. So I can see them arguing, Ron just losing his head and acting impulsively by grabbing Hermione and kissing her, and then Hermione looking at him and saying something like "It certainly took you long enough."
ANLA! How are you? And I LOVE this theory. Can we make it happen...? Right NOW?!

Quote:
I now really want to read a scene where Ron and Hermione have to deal with a misbehaving student and see this good cop/bad cop dynamic at work. Should be hilarious.
Riiiight? I just think that would be great fun. They would probably be walking together doing rounds (I picture the HB/HG jobs kind of like an RA in college, I guess!) and Hermione stopping someone for some little thing. Ron would shrug it off and probably laugh about it and joke with the person they stopped. Hermione would be very huffy and scold Ron by telling him that they have a very important job to do, and all of that. Ron would urge Hermione to just let the person go, and Hermione would - of course - disagree. The two would start fighting about it and the culprit would sneak off. Hahaha!

I'm STILL loving everyone's predictions...bring 'em on!

GG

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Total Fan

shirley- that pic is great. marta is really talented.

Kilikena Miki- i've read those stories- they're great! Jane is a wonderful writer.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Total Fan

Hey there!

I was just passing by and decided to stop and say a little hello!
I go back to my HP4. I'm around page 200....I didn't read it since 2 BIG DAYS because of work and party.......now, I go back to it.

BYE
LOVE
Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlfriend
Susan- You're the webmistress of Dueling with Destiny? It's a pleasure to meet you! I think your site is magnificent!
[/B]
Yup, that's me. Thanks so much! I'm really busy with updating it again. Had to update all the content, because I kind of slacked off after OotP came out.

BehrFehr~ Getting the Point! Ah! That's a great site! Keep up the good work!

More Predictions~ I actually read a fanfiction where Harry lost all of his magical powers after he defeated Voldemort. I think it was only temporary, but it would take a while before he got them all back.

James in Remus' body? Alot of people have this theory, but I just don't buy it. It would kind of cheapen James' death. Besides, I don't think it will really matter because I think Remus is going to die too (probably by Wormtail. He didn't get a silver hand for nothing!).

First trio member to kill? It's going to be Hermione protecting Ron. That's true love right there.

Fudge is gone. Apparently, JK Rowling said he's going to be replaced in Book 6. Don't quote me on it, I just remember reading something on Mugglenet in their evidence section. I think Lucius is going to take over the MOM by force. He's not going to stay in Azkaban. Not with the dementors gone. Besides, I can see him luring Fudge there under false pretenses and them killing him. Why do I think this? Well, we know JK is inspired alot by history, legends, myth...way back when...there was a Pope Cornelius. Well, he kind of mad alot of people mad by being "indifferent" (sound familiar?) and he was beheaded. Guess who succeeded him? Just guess...yup....Pope Lucius! How about that!

JK has also said that Viktor will be back...but not for a while...which makes me think that he won't be back until Book 7. Personally, I think Ron's brush with jealousy will be involving someone at Hogwarts. I think it's going to be Terry Boot (he was impressed by Hermione's Protean Charm). Ron's going to go ballistic. And yes, Luna will totally say the brutal truth.

Also, Harry will be like "Ron, just tell Hermione you fancy her already and save us all the grief!" Ron will be like "I don't fancy Hermione!", but he'll get all wide-eyed and stuff. However, once he realizes it...he's going to be in a totally weird mood. He'll avoid Hermione, act nervous all the time, and be jumpier than Neville around Snape. Heh. I can't wait.

And yes, Viktor is in the film version of GoF. They cast an actual Bulgarian to play him too. I think he's around 20 or something? I don't know. He's got a really complicated, European name. It's in the GoF movie thread if you're interested.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Hello again Sidekicks. Well I'm now officially on my school holidays...got three weeks to bum around with my friends (hopefully we'll have a Harry potter movie marathon...were such nerds ) , eat heaps of food...mmm red licorice , no homework and lots of posting on Fan Forum
anyway...

ComeAwayWithMe/Laura I added you to the list like ya asked
we now officially have 250 sidekicks ...the HP world is indeed being taken over by sidekickers

Quote:
Anla: I'm inclined to think that Ron and Hermione's first kiss (and yes, we will get one in the series - I have no doubt about it ) will be during a fight. Because that just seems like them to me. As for who initiates it, I don't really care as long as it happens , but I think I'd prefer it to be Ron who kisses her. As has been pointed out, Hermione already knows how she feels. It's about time for Ron to not only get the clue but decide to do something about it. So I can see them arguing, Ron just losing his head and acting impulsively by grabbing Hermione and kissing her, and then Hermione looking at him and saying something like "It certainly took you long enough."
ah this is exactly what I want to happen too. I really want to see Ron make the first move (seeing as Hermione was the one to start the whole hand-holding/hugging in POA) and i love the idea of the impulsive kiss...i think there would also be a lot of desperation in the kiss because they probably would have both been waiting for this moment for ages. and i'd love to see how they would act around each other now that their feelings are out in the open. i think there would still be awkward moments but there would also be moments of temptation..secret kisses, handholding, smiles at each other ....I wonder how JKR would write it from Harry's point of view. I think harry would begin to notice how secretive r/hr have become and he will probably most definately catch them in the act ....and harry's reaction I am yet to predict but I do think there will be some awkwardness and fighting between the trio.

Girlfriend: thanks heaps for those pics and the drawing. I especially love the ones of the trio...there are lots of very cute smiles shared between Rupert and Emma ahh they kinda look they are flirting with each other .... and Kilikena Miki: thanks for all the fan fics. been keeping me entertained!!

LOVE everybody: i'm reading GOF too and i'm around page 200 too...pg. 210 to be exact. this is my first time reading the book and i love it! already so many r/hr moments, I just really want to get up to the yule ball part!

Quote:
Susan: First trio member to kill? It's going to be Hermione protecting Ron. That's true love right there.
i love this prediction! and if it's not hermione protecting ron, I hope its Ron protecting Hermione...I think that would become "the moment" where they finally realise how much they love each other and can't love without each other...and they would finally verbalize their feelings to each other. yeh, i should probably stop before I get all cheesy but I can't help imagining all these wonderful things that are still to come for ron and hermione.

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102

Last edited by ~*Dancer in the Dark*~; 06-25-2004 at 03:42 AM
Old 06-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

what a wonderful fanart.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Dancer in the Dark*~
LOVE everybody: i'm reading GOF too and i'm around page 200 too...pg. 210 to be exact. this is my first time reading the book and i love it! already so many r/hr moments, I just really want to get up to the yule ball part!

I'm at the page 223 now. And I can't waitttt to be at the yule ball neither. It's my first reading of the book too.

BYE
LOVE
Old 06-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to have to read GoF again. Just to obsorb all the kickyness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Yay - I managed to make it back here to post two days in a row. I'm quite proud of myself.

I really like that drawing up there. Poor Ron doesn't look very happy, now does he?

I honestly don't think Harry will die in the books. I realize that it's a possibility, and that J. K. Rowling has deliberately made comments in interviews to increase the suspense about that. But, despite the growing complexities and depth of the books, they are generally considered children's books. I have a hard time imagining the main character going through seven books of difficulties and then dying. I think there will be more deaths (and that those who are already dead will stay dead), but I don't think Harry will be one of them. But I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally posted by *antarian angel*
i also really like the idea of Luna just blurting something out in front of ron and hermione about how they feel about each other. awww, that would be so cute.
I just picture Luna casually dropping some comment about it into the conversation and totally not understanding why Ron and/or Hermione is staring at her and sputtering as they try to deny it.

Quote:
Originally posted by GG
I just think that would be great fun. They would probably be walking together doing rounds (I picture the HB/HG jobs kind of like an RA in college, I guess!) and Hermione stopping someone for some little thing. Ron would shrug it off and probably laugh about it and joke with the person they stopped. Hermione would be very huffy and scold Ron by telling him that they have a very important job to do, and all of that. Ron would urge Hermione to just let the person go, and Hermione would - of course - disagree. The two would start fighting about it and the culprit would sneak off. Hahaha!
Hi! I'm doing pretty well. How are you?

I love this scenario. I can totally see it happening.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Banned

hey dose anyone else want Ron and Hermione to be head boy and girl.
:hp_seal::hp_hermione::hp_ron::hp_seal:
Old 06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I can totally see that scenario. Very, very nice.

Love the fanart, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Anla, I totally agree that Harry won't die. And you are right these books give young people inspiration to a certain extent so why would the author end this inspirational tale on a sad note? We've grown to love Harry and stand behind him. Some of us imagine that we are Harry in our own life. The stuggle of growing up and facing your fears and learning about acceptance and love is all apart of life. And for Harry's part, he will be seventeen when this adventure ends, but that doesn't mean his life should. I see it, that at this point in his life, once he and his friends ( because he won't be alone in this war) defeat Voldemort he'll be ready to start a new life. A new beginning. Not unlike the ending of Highschool (seventeen) and venturing into the real world of college, or for Harry possibly Auror training or something. Who knows. * please let it include Ginny*

I think JKR will change Harry by the end. He may loose the powers that he shares with Voldie. *shrugs* But who hasn't come out of highschool changed somewhat? We grow up. Harry will grow up. Harry will have his whole life ahead of him. And what a great way to end this series. I'm not trying to be little miss roses and sunshine here. I really do think JKR doesn't want to kill Harry. I don't think after all the trials he's been through that his ultimate reward is death. Her Harry will be hopeful and happy by the end.

Sorry for going off topic from the usual R/Hr stuff. I've just been thinking about this lately, especially after Daniel himself has speculated that Harry will kick it.

It's funny though, that in response to his comments, JKR said " I'll have to have a word with that boy". Oh oh, Mummy's pissed.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top