Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 02:51 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by behrfehr
GG - Yes I do! I think that's one of the best R/H essay's that I've found online. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any other essays.
Okay, just wanted to make sure you had that one because it's excellent!

Hmm...I'm really enjoying reading all of the predictions. Personally, I think Ron will be Quidditch captain, because 1) Harry *does* have so much on his plate - as everyone has said. 2) Maybe Ron isn't the best player, but he does *love* the sport, and that's really important for a captain. He can put all of his heart and effort into it because he *cares* about it. That combined with his great chess skills, planning, etc as others said, are what I think would make him a great captain.

I also think he does have a good shot at being head boy, eventually (7th year, right?). I'm not sure about how the Prefect thing works (are they chosen new every year?). But for the same reason - I don't think it'll go to Harry - he has bigger problems. And I genuinely think that R/H compliment each other well when it comes to discipline. Very good cop/bad cop. Balance.

...that's all for now. But I love hearing what everyone thinks.

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
...Krum will attempt to woo Hermione once and for all (possibly even coming to Hogwarts) and this will result in the mother of all showdowns between Ron and Hermione, resulting in their very first kiss. Following this kiss, they will both be freaked out and go into denial about it ever happening. They will basically spend the year fighting, ignoring each other, in denial, driving Harry crazy and snogging.
Love it!!

Sidenote: I've been thinking R/H songs like *crazy* recently, and this is one of them. I love this song, and it just hits me with R/H vibes. Perhaps it's just because I make it out to be that way, but I don't know. I love the beat of it, and I think it just *fits* for an intense R/H scene... *snippit of lyrics below...*

Joss Stone - Fell In Love With A Boy

"Fell in love with a boy
I fell in love once and almost completely
He's in love with the world
And sometimes these feelings can be so misleading
He turns and says, "Are you alright?"
Oh, I must be fine cause my heart's still beating...

Oooh ooh ooh [x4]

Red hair with a curl
Mellow roll for the flavor and the eyes were peepin
Can't keep away from the boy
The two sides of my brain need to have a meeting
Can't think of anything to do
My left brain knows all of love is fleeting..."

It's a really sexy song, I just love it.

I definitely have a few more that I've been wanting to post, but I'll do that soon enough.

~ GG

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallyna
Not trying to be opposite to the general thoughts but I donīt think Ron will be Quidditch captain. Harry deserves that position much more then Ron and also my mind always goes to the scene where Harry asks Dumbledore why HE wansīt made prefect and Dumbly tells him itīs because he thought Harry had a lot to deal already. That means: Harry wanted to be prefect and Iīm pretty sure he would like to be quidditch captain. Ron has only been in the team since book 5 and Harry has been there since book 1!

But I do think Ron can make his way into Head Boy.

I think Krum paying a visit would be better because all we need is to make a wake up call on Ron. Hermione knows her feelings for him for quite some time, but Ron, even tough he feels the same, he doensīt think about it and actīs really clueless. Last time JK made him act foward was because of Krum (Yule Ball ) and now would be a good time to use that excuse.
See that's just it...why does Harry deserve to be quidditch captain and not Ron?

Look at it this way Ron has always been in the shadows of his brothers, and now Harry (hence the jealousy in GOF) I think he deserves to be Quidditch Captain and Headboy...and like you said even Dumbledore mentioned that Harry has a lot on his hands...so i don't think Harry is up to any responsiblities like that at the moment.

I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, and mine is right I'm just giving you my theory on it. I mean you could be right...we'll have to wait and see.

Harry is the boy who lived...the boy who saves the school year after year...while Ron and Hermione help...but then Hermione has massive brain power and that leaves Ron without anything. Harry was a natural born quidditch player and played from his first year...he played in the Triwizard Tournament (true he didn't put his own name in, but he did go through with it)...so that's why I think Ron should be Quidditch Captain.

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Can I be added to the list?
Old 06-23-2004, 03:36 PM
New Fan

I'm not sure who will actually be captain and all, but in my opinion I'd rather see it go to Ron.

And not just because I think he needs more recognition, or to prove anything to anyone, althuogh I do think that he does, but because I think that he'd be better suited for the job. Like everyone else has said, Harry's going to have a lot to do (such as, oh I don't know, battling Voldemort) without having to worry about what to do with the Quidditch team.

Ron, on the other hand, while having a lot on his plate as well, would at least have more time to devote to the Quidditch team than Harry, since he doesn't have the pesky prophecy to worry about. And even though Harry may be a better Quidditch player than him, Ron is a lot more engrossed in the sport itself, and knows a helluva lot more about the sport in general than Harry probably does. And his love (almost obsession, heh.) of the sport combined with his strategic skills honed by all the years in chess playing, I think he'd make a damned good captain.

Yep. So I just basically restated everything everyone else has already said. Heh.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Total Fan

okay, this one is a bit long...but i haven't posted for 3 pages and had a lot of catching up to do...

well, i definitely agree with what's been said. it's pretty clear that ron is the better match for hermione.

SusanXG- that's a very interesting prediction about book 6. you have a good point about ron being quidditch captain- he is quite good with strategy. harry just kinda deals with things as they come.

Behrfehr- good job bringing up the mirror of erised- i didn't remember that. and you're right about ron's predictions. they do seem to come true. i read an essay about that somewhere...it's a really interesting point.

Vix_Chic -"And in the Shrieking Shack Harry wraps his arm around 'Mione to grab her wand, but Ron reaches out and grabs her sweater sleeve... why? His ontact served no pratical purpose (plot/action wise anyway)." i noticed that too. why did he do that? anyone have any ideas??

i also want mr. weasley to be minister of magic. that would be so cool.
and as for ron being captain or head boy...well, i think captain would be cooler, but head boy could really give them some advantages. but i think hermione would think either one was totally hot :-)

Sarzy- "Krum will attempt to woo Hermione once and for all (possibly even coming to Hogwarts) and this will result in the mother of all showdowns between Ron and Hermione, resulting in their very first kiss." that sounds so awesome!

for harry, i'm between his love interest being ginny or luna. i know luna's kinda weird, but they had that moment at the end of OotP, and harry and ginny have always had some kind of connection. so i don't think luna will come between ron and hermione. i don't think neville will either. he might start to like ginny, though. i don't know how much i really like that match...but we all know he's got no shot with hermione...

as far as character deaths go, i really wish that none of the weasleys die. even persey. i just like that family too much. i really hope none of the good guys die, but, it's not my decision...

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hey guys!

behrfehr~ It's a small, small world ain't it! Which site do you run? Forgive my memory!

Vix_Chic:: OMG! I thought the same thing. When Hermione was watching herself from the forest, I was sitting there thinking...she's totally checking out ROn's ass.

More Predictions~ I honestly don't think Ron would go for Luna, but I can see her throwing her two cents in about everything or even better, Ron makes Hermione think something's going on. That would drive her crazy! Ron may also have to deal with some more jealousy in the form of someone at Hogwarts asking Hermione out. It's one thing for Viktor Krum who's far away trying to pursue her, it's a whole other thing when some other 6th year (I'm thinking maybe Terry Boot from Ravenclaw- He was very impressed by her Protean Charm! ) tries to make eyes at her. Ron will go crazy and he'll have to realize what that's all about (and that Boot cannot be possibly better than him!). Harry may even notice and call him on it. Ron and Hermione will be Head Boy and Head Girl together. I like whoever said about the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing. It would be too cute for words.

Also, yes...Harry will get closer to Ginny because she'll be the only one who will understand him and be able to break through his angry/depressed facade. During this time, Harry will start to develop feelings for Ginny and he'll be worried that she doesn't return them anymore. Hope he puts his elbow in the butter dish! I think Ginny will save Harry's life during the final battle with Voldie. She won't die though, because their love will be what finally kills him. Remember Voldie doesn't understand love- especially romantic love.

Arthur's definitely going to be MOM after Fudge bites it (Lucius will kill him and try to take over and set up a Voldie puppet government, but Arthur will slay Lucius). Percy will redeem himself, but will die...probably at the hands of Draco (who's trying to prove his loyalty to Voldie and the other DEs). I also think Mrs. Weasley may die as a result of this blunder.

Man, this is too much fun!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
-"And in the Shrieking Shack Harry wraps his arm around 'Mione to grab her wand, but Ron reaches out and grabs her sweater sleeve... why? His ontact served no pratical purpose (plot/action wise anyway)." i noticed that too. why did he do that? anyone have any ideas??
My impression of that scene was to show the teamwork of the trio. I didn't think of it as a 'shippy moment' even tho I do love me some Ron and Hermione. I just got the impression that Ron instinctively knew that Harry was going for Hermione's wand and pulled her hand out of the way so that Harry could get it out of her pocket easier without alerting Sirius to the fact that he was getting it. Frankly, it was one of the few moments that I thought they finally showed that Ron had some smarts too!! JMO tho.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Passionate Fan

To backtrack a bit, I just want to say that yes, I think Luna is a lot like a younger Phoebe. And also, Krum should make an appearance! It'll drive Ron around the bend.

Ooh, thanks for the lyrics, GG! They're great!

Guys, I'm going to get my G1 (aka learner's permit here in Canada) tomorrow! It's only a written test, but I'm soooo nervous! Wish me luck!

Last edited by EphramIsHot; 06-23-2004 at 07:29 PM
Old 06-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Total Fan

predictions are fun!

Susan- "I think Ginny will save Harry's life during the final battle with Voldie. She won't die though, because their love will be what finally kills him. Remember Voldie doesn't understand love- especially romantic love. very interesting. i wonder how big a part ginny will play in that. but i could totally see her being a part of that situation. it will be really interesting to see how it finally plays out...but waiting is so hard!!

Arthur's definitely going to be MOM after Fudge bites it (Lucius will kill him and try to take over and set up a Voldie puppet government, but Arthur will slay Lucius). Percy will redeem himself, but will die...probably at the hands of Draco (who's trying to prove his loyalty to Voldie and the other DEs).- again very interesting! i don't think arthur will kill lucius, but i can see lucius going after fudge. and about draco killing percy...wwwoooo...now that would be dramatic! it would kill my hopes of draco not going evil...but who knows...

speaking of people killing people...can you imagine any of the trio really killing anyone? i mean, they may have to...but that's a really big deal. and remember in OotP when harry tried to kill Belatrix but couldn't? these poor kids- so much that they should never had to deal with.

and now a question for you all. do you think the final defeat will be harry alone, a trio moment, or harry plus someone else, like ginny for example?

so many questions! so much to look forward to!

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 06-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, here's my opinion about Luna:

If you read the end of the 5th book you'll remember the conversation Harry had with Luna. Ever since I read that I've been thinking that J.K would make Harry and Luna a couple. And that doesn't bother me. I'm so happy... I thought I was the only one who associated Luna w/ Phoebe I guess I just thought it was really cute that Luna was the only one that Harry felt like he could talk to, but that might just be me

I'M A REBELLIOUS FORBIDDEN ZEN GOON MASTER!
Shipper for:J/H,E/D,R/K,E/H,J/E,F/K

~La La La Leah~
Old 06-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Total Fan

i like Luna too, and after that scene at the end of OotP i was also thinking that Harry and Luna might become a couple. They are quite different, but Luna's state of mind might be just what harry needs to balance himself. maybe like ron and hermione can balance one another, luna can do the same for harry. we all know that he needs it, and he did seem quite calm while talking to her...

Old 06-23-2004, 09:06 PM
New Fan

I also like Luna. At first she just seemed a little weird, but she ended up playing an important part in the book because had her dad publish Harrys story and she helped out at the very end. She also seemed to comfort Harry when he was feeling sad about Sirius. Im not sure yet whether I want her to end up with Harry or not, I guess I will have to see how she is in book 6.

Also I thought in the movie when Ron was puling Hermiones sleeve he was trying to move her out of Harrys way because he was bout to do a spell. Thats what it seemed like to me. I could be wrong though.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Susan - I run Getting the Point. Not nearly as popular as your site but what can ya do.

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG
More Predictions~ I honestly don't think Ron would go for Luna, but I can see her throwing her two cents in about everything or even better, Ron makes Hermione think something's going on. That would drive her crazy! Ron may also have to deal with some more jealousy in the form of someone at Hogwarts asking Hermione out. It's one thing for Viktor Krum who's far away trying to pursue her, it's a whole other thing when some other 6th year (I'm thinking maybe Terry Boot from Ravenclaw- He was very impressed by her Protean Charm! ) tries to make eyes at her. Ron will go crazy and he'll have to realize what that's all about (and that Boot cannot be possibly better than him!). Harry may even notice and call him on it.
Ooh! Yes! This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier about people liking them at Hogwarts. You just said it far more eloquently than me. Nice job.

Quote:
Originally posted by *antarian angel*

speaking of people killing people...can you imagine any of the trio really killing anyone? i mean, they may have to...but that's a really big deal. and remember in OotP when harry tried to kill Belatrix but couldn't? these poor kids- so much that they should never had to deal with.

and now a question for you all. do you think the final defeat will be harry alone, a trio moment, or harry plus someone else, like ginny for example?
I think they would only kill someone [at least while they're still in school] if someone they loved were in mortal peril. ie. Death Eater kidnaps Hermione and Ron ends up killing them. Yeah, that really is a big deal. Poor Trio. They've grown up so fast. Especially Harry.

And man, that's a really good question. I never really thought of it before. I guess I imagine the last confrontation being during a battle of sorts, so Ron and Hermione would be at Harry's side. But then during the battle Harry ends up either being by himself or with Ginny when he's fighting Voldemort for the last time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mila_Masterson
I guess I just thought it was really cute that Luna was the only one that Harry felt like he could talk to, but that might just be me
Harry opened up to Ginny too. *cough* But that's a discussion for another thread.

I really think the Harry/Ginny love storyline will be what brings down Voldemort, since like Susan said, he doesn't understand Love.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Total Fan

i think the 'voldy doesn't understand love' plot line is really cool. everyone's been saying that harry is so full of love. and it's true that that's what saved him at the end of OotP, but it also kinda makes you worry about harry because he's been having such a hard time. what if he can't find it in himself when it really counts? i mean, i highly doubt harry could ever be really without love, but the guy could seriously do with some loving reminders. and that's where i think the relationship issue will come in- with ron and hermione and also with a love interest for harry. i think ron and hermione's relationship will play a part in the final battle- how exactally, i don't know...but if love is what's going to ultimately destroy voldemort...it seems like those two love birds must be involved somehow...

Old 06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
New Fan

Long post- warning~!~ Long Post- warning~!~ Long Post......

MY PREDICTIONS - bum bum bummmmmmm lol

Head Boy- watch it be Nevillie that'd be funny; not possible, but so damn funny. I'm betting on Ron, because out of Harry and Ron- Ron's been Prefect.

Quidditch Cap.- Harry has Senority- but even if he gets it; which he might because it'd be a great way to take his mind off ...stuff... I think he'd have Ron helping him loads because of Ron's strategic capabilities.

Krum- Goddess I hope he comes back lol. I love that firey Ron, it's too good to be true the way things heat up with a third in the mix. Ron reveals the most about his true feelings when's pissed and green in the face, jealousy is nasty, but in the HR/R world it's a dating tool! (can't wait for GoF; that's assuming they include him! grr I'll be sooooo...grrrrrrrrr)

Luna- Luna is into Ron. This make 'Mione green in the face. THis is good. Ron tells Harry to help him! Because he doesn't want Loopy Luna after him. This gives us a nice set up to get Luna and Harry together. Harry has so many ppl believeing in him and wrapped up in him and what he's gotta do it'll be nice to have someone who isn't that hung up on him as she is on nerrgles(sp). Everyone around him is so *serious* she's a breath of fresh air for him... even though it's coated with laughing gas but still!! and this will leave my precious Ginny for Draco... nvm- diff thread lol.

KILLING- I'm not sure this would be the best way for the Trio to come across to the audience, so JKR might lay off till the third book for this; but it will happen. Whether it's Harry Killing Volide (vice versa) or anyting ofthe other sort. One of ours has died. It's only fitting some of thier go as well.... hope fully that damn bel.......ARHHHHHHHHH (HUGE Siri fan (; sbrl fan as well mind you; tore my little hreat out and salsa danced on it ... why OoTP Why!!!!) --- Ok--- I'm back... anyway lol- I think it'd be cliched to have Ron killing a person for Hermione, but we know he'd do it in half a heart beat; but I think it's gonna be Hermione who kills first... I don't know why. ROn doesn't have that killer instinct, but hermione is a woman who know what *has* to be done. She'll avoid it at all costs, but she'll reason it out more readily. Maybe I'm wrong

DEATHS- I hope Percy goes if he keeps acting this way. I loved Perce- till OtOP; bloody git! - If a weasly is to die I'd rather it be him; horrible thing to say because I LOVE THE WEASELYS I REALLY REALLY DO! But; he's the only one I have issues with *shrug*

WEASELYS- I can't wait till Bill and Charlie come into the movie, I love those guys; I love all the weasleys though; can't wait to see Fred and George at the battle ground throwing spells while yelling things out in between like "Your mother looks like a lima bean!" ... ok that was lame but I just got off a nine hour shift- sorries lol.

Ministry of Magic- they're gonna offer it to DD, he won't except; even though he's awesome; I'm just glad Malfoy senior's in Azkaban, because god knows we don't want HIM running the magical world. That'd be down right terrifying. Glad that pot rot Fudge is gone; hated him I did. I think Arthur would make an excellent Ministry; then Perce would have to buck up to the family! But then he'd redeem himself! and all would be well,.... and yeah then WHAM she would kill him off. That's a possibility for sure.

Ok that's all for now- long post if I say so myself

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top