Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 05:39 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

Agree, agree, agree.

Ron and Hermione bring out that *something* in each other that is becoming (even though we kickers know that it was there all along) obvious. As all of you have said, they need each other. As far as a R/H relationship goes, Ron can be too unruly at times and Hermione can be *too* grounded. Together they achieve perfect balance. Although i'm sure that many of us can site situations where this proved untrue, the old saying still goes, "opposites attract" - there are reasons why these words have survived the ages!

Ugh...I would verbalize it better, but I guess I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that some people *can't* see R/H! I don't mean any offense, but it just seems SO OBVIOUS! I know i'm preaching to the choir on this one, though.

I'll try to gather my thoughts better. But on another note - behrfehr, do you have the address to that excellent article on SugarQuill?

And of course, WELCOME to all of the newbies! It's great to have you - post often!

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Hey I'm new!

I'm a big Hermione/Ron fan! I don't really get what I have to do to become a member of the list. Can someone help me?
Old 06-22-2004, 08:40 PM
New Fan

2 things

Two things-

(1) You added me right? Because that would be super lol
Vix: Vix_Chic@hotmail.com; y!m: Vix_Chic; aim: VixChc; MSN- vix_chic@Hotmail.com

THANKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(2)- BehrFehr (LOVE JASON AND BRENDAN BY THE WAY!)- what do you mean Essays? Because I just wrote my frist completely R/Hr fic- it's completly fluff; and a twinge occ

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hey guys!

If you think about it, Ron and Hermione are the two halves of Harry. Harry needs both of them to survive- not just one. Ron and Hermione provide that balance he so desperately needs. He can't just have Hermione, because she's only one part of the equation. It's take both of them or leave both of them.

On the other hand, I read in an essay a few days ago that Harry's future partner is going to possess both of these qualities all at once. Personally, I think it's going to be Ginny. She seems to be the only one who doesn't take Harry's crap.

Prediction for Book 6:~ Ron's going to be made Quidditch Captain one way or another (either Harry will turn it down or McGonagall will give it to him outright, especially since he was able to overcome everything, win the Quidditch cup AND the House Cup). Harry's got too much crap going on with Voldie and Bellatrix running around. And Ron's better at strategy and stuff anyway because he's such a genius chess player. Besides, I think Malfoy is going to be Slytherin captain and that would finally bring Draco and Ron on the same level of rivalry. Harry's beyond Draco now. He said so at the end of OotP. He's got bigger fish to fry.

What about you guys? Predictions?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG
Hey guys!

If you think about it, Ron and Hermione are the two halves of Harry. Harry needs both of them to survive- not just one. Ron and Hermione provide that balance he so desperately needs. He can't just have Hermione, because she's only one part of the equation. It's take both of them or leave both of them.

On the other hand, I read in an essay a few days ago that Harry's future partner is going to possess both of these qualities all at once. Personally, I think it's going to be Ginny. She seems to be the only one who doesn't take Harry's crap.

Prediction for Book 6:~ Ron's going to be made Quidditch Captain one way or another (either Harry will turn it down or McGonagall will give it to him outright, especially since he was able to overcome everything, win the Quidditch cup AND the House Cup). Harry's got too much crap going on with Voldie and Bellatrix running around. And Ron's better at strategy and stuff anyway because he's such a genius chess player. Besides, I think Malfoy is going to be Slytherin captain and that would finally bring Draco and Ron on the same level of rivalry. Harry's beyond Draco now. He said so at the end of OotP. He's got bigger fish to fry.

What about you guys? Predictions?
Your theory is brilliant and that prediction seems most likely to happen...all i have to say is WORD! hehe Couldn't have put it better myself..

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey sidekicks
well i've added 4 new members to the sidekick list (Vix_Chic, AlwaysNH, KrazyKatie and amber03)...we almost have 250 members on this thread. Go sidekicks!!!!

anyway, to join in the discussion about ron and hermione bringing the best out of each other I most definately have to agree with that point. I mean when I first read the Philsopher's stone I just thought they would hate each other for the rest of the series cause all they did was fight and bicker. but when I read COS and POA I realised that they had a really interesting relationship going on. what i like about their relationship is that ron and hermione show each other their strengths and weaknesses...they aren't ashamed of voicing their opinion in front of each other, even if it does lead to massive fights. i think good relationships need conflict...hermione and ron are so honest to each other and i think they now secretly trust each other.
and I agree with the saying that GG said before: Opposites do attract. I mean look at my parents (I can't believe i am bringing them into the discussion ) my dad is so quiet and shy but my mum is outgoing and loud. its a weird relationship but it works!

and i love your prediction Susan. I hope we do get to see more of the heroic Ron....we know he has it in him and I personally think Hermione will find Heroic Ron very very sexy oh I can already see more hormones raging!
I would make a prediction but its prob. best if I read the 5th book first
and i'm still only reading the fourth book.

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

Cait: Will you add me to the list please!

Rachel
Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Surely Rachel ...thanks for making all those avies. using one of them right now

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 06-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Passionate Fan

GG - Yes I do! I think that's one of the best R/H essay's that I've found online. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any other essays.

Vix - Yeah, gotta love Roswell. (before season 3 that is...) My first fandom ever. Oh I don't mean fanfic. I mean essays like this one. (the one GG was talking about) It's a mini-paper that talks about why R/H belong together and why H/H don't.

Susan - Oooh. Do you have a link to that essay? I'd love to read it. Also I didn't know you posted here. Haha. My R/H site is affiliated with yours!

I know a lot of people think that Harry is going to be Quidditch Captain, but like Susan said, he's got bigger fish to fry. Plus Ron's always been good at chess so he'd be perfect as captain. There's also the Mirror of Erised. Ron was made Prefect, Quidditch Captain, and Head Boy. I think this ties into the R/H Head Boy Head Girl discussion we had earlier. But I think it also ties into Ron being good at Divination. Most of his predictions (even though he's making them off the top of his head) tend to come true and are foreshadowing to later events in the story. That's also why I think Mr. Weasley will be Minister of Magic.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by behrfehr

I know a lot of people think that Harry is going to be Quidditch Captain, but like Susan said, he's got bigger fish to fry. Plus Ron's always been good at chess so he'd be perfect as captain. There's also the Mirror of Erised. Ron was made Prefect, Quidditch Captain, and Head Boy. I think this ties into the R/H Head Boy Head Girl discussion we had earlier. But I think it also ties into Ron being good at Divination. Most of his predictions (even though he's making them off the top of his head) tend to come true and are foreshadowing to later events in the story. That's also why I think Mr. Weasley will be Minister of Magic.
Wow, you guys pay a lot more attention to the details than I do. I would have never brought things back to that! I'm even more hopeful that Ron will be Head Boy now, and the thought of him being Quidditch Captain is wicked as well!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 AM
New Fan

ah!!!!!!

LOL- SO that's what you were talking about behrfehr - and Rossie was my first fandom ever- I write the Future Children Series, There's Nothing Casual About Sex, and Boarders and Babes. So If you can't tell I'm a ficcer; never tried an essay, but I'm pretty good at ranting- that count? lol

I went and watched HP3 again I took notes... yes I'm a nerd. But a good one atleast lol! I was watching the part (post time turner) when they're at hagrid's and Hermione asks if that's what her hair REALLY looks like from the back, and I don't know why, but I just thought that would be the greatest moment for our little heroine to check out Ron's Arse.

lol- it had me cracking up- everyone in the cinema thinks I'm crazy btw!

On the Express- what is it with Hermione and Harry's bloody frames? Every year they've got to be repaired or something. Ok, so this time she just *handed* them to him, but still! lol

Oh! and when Hagrid was telling them about BucKBeak's scheduled execution- Harry was sitting on one side with Ronand Hermione on the other. a VAST distance between Harry and his Sidekicks, but not that much distance between his sidekicks (cat whistles). In the book this is because Harry is MAD at Hagrid, but he's not mad now-was the director trying to show us the pairing even more obviously? or have I justbecome an overanalytical obsessed fan?...don't answer that lol.

And snooring spidery fighting ron was SOOOO cute!

And when Harry and Hermione were trying to get underneath the Whomping Willow; they were holding hands. Running thorugh the forest; they were holding hands.... grrrrr lol

And in the Shrieking Shack Harry wraps his arm around 'Mione to grab her wand, but Ron reaches out and grabs her sweater sleeve... why? His ontact served no pratical purpose (plot/action wise anyway). Made me happy though lol.

And then, after Ron had called Draco an idiot for complaing about his arm he tells Hermione the SAME EXACT THING! - They're gonna have to chop it. lol it was soo cute and such a macho thing to do, he's too cute. I luv him!

OH! When Hermione was trying to get BuckBeak to eat the dead ferret I kept thinking about ron trying to give her a special ferret... a WHITE ferret.. it'd be too funny.

Towards the end of the movie though I started to think really absured things.. like When Sirius is getting his soul pulled out (Wow, what a shiny breath mint); and when the Prongs Patronus started to come thru the trees I started humming (Here comes Santa clause) I couldn't help it- it reminds me too much of a reindeer. Then Harry had to say I SAW MY DAD when he woke up, and I could picutre Hermione saying "Don't go towards the light" because you know- seeing thedaed when you're dead....
...yeha i'm gonna lay off the chocolate now....

Later,
Vix
To know truth we must know lies...and most of all how to tell the difference between them and those that display them... In a world where words can seal fates - one must be careful, for lies can unravel the soul.

Last edited by Vix_Chic; 06-23-2004 at 01:51 AM
Old 06-23-2004, 04:57 AM
Addicted Fan

I really really hope Mr.Weasley will become Minister of magic, he really deserves that.
I've never thought about Ron becoming Quidditch captian but that would be really cool..but if I had to choose between him becoming quidditchcaptain and him becoming head boy I'd pick head boy..
Avie: Isis2015
Old 06-23-2004, 05:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Predictions for Book 6: Ron will become Quidditch Captain and Harry will become a Prefect. Ron was never really interested in Prefecting anyway, and I see him being a great Captain. Krum will attempt to woo Hermione once and for all (possibly even coming to Hogwarts) and this will result in the mother of all showdowns between Ron and Hermione, resulting in their very first kiss. Following this kiss, they will both be freaked out and go into denial about it ever happening. They will basically spend the year fighting, ignoring each other, in denial, driving Harry crazy and snogging.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:10 AM
New Fan

I think it would be great if Mr. Weasley became Minister of Magic! Ron becoming Quidditch captain would be good too, and I cant think of anybody else for the job except maybe Harry but he has got way too much on his plate right now. I want book 6 out now! Does anybody know when it is supposed to come out? I heard like November 2005.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think there is a set date yet for book 6.

I know, grrr.

As for the quidditch captain. I keep going back and forth from Ron to Ginny to Harry. Ron would be my choice of course and it does make sense. Harry might be offered it but because of the state of things turn it down and suggest his best friend. But then there's Ginny. She is a better player than Ron. Harry noticed that. But she's younger soooo that makes it seem unlikely. *shrugs* It will be interesting to see who JKR gives this title to.

Since we're doing predictions.... I predict that Ron will start to try and impress Hermione. Like, he might start to study really hard at his school work. OR if he is Quidditch captain, what perfect way to impress a girl than to show off your skills. If he thinks his strongest rival is Krum (which we know is not true) then he might want to get her attention by trying to prove he's just as good as Krum. -which he'll fail miserably, but it will still draw Hermione to him for at least trying. *sigh*

Last edited by baileycat; 06-23-2004 at 07:43 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top