Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Supreme Fan

The Chang Gang / Cho Charmers #5... Because Harry was still a gentleman on the pitch

Who are we?
We are The Chang Gang or the Cho Charmers. The name Cho Charmers, came from Rupert Grint's quote on the person who's going to play Cho Chang.
Rupert's exact quote was:
  • "I don't know who's playing Cho Chang
    but I'm sure she'll be Cho-charming ha ha!!!!"

This is also the Seekers' thread, supporters of the couple Harry/Cho.

The Chang Gang/Cho Charmers
lost lullaby - Nellie
Kawaii_Jay - Joey
Eowyn_Evenstar - Sushi
- Alex -
The Verbi
*Shetan*

Cho Chang.com
katie-leung.com
katie leung online

Previous threads titles
#1 - Cos we love her as much as Harry does
#2 - Cuz Rupert's Sure she'll be Cho Charming
#3 - Who else can give Harry a run for his money?
#4 - Because she was Harry's first kiss!

Cho Chang has been announced

So, yes, we finally know the actress who will be playing Cho Chang in the Harry Potter movies. Her name is Katie Leung, she is 16 and Scottish.

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by - Alex -; 11-05-2004 at 07:06 AM
Old 08-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Yah! New thread! Thanks a lot Alex! Now only if there was more Katie/Cho news... but seeing the excerpt from the GOF was very encouraging... But I wonder how Mike Newell will give the audience a clue who Cho is and how long Harry has liked Cho... Though I think he will have a conversation btw the trio talking about Cho and her popularity etc... BTW what's the meaning behind the title?

Shetan
Old 08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you Alex for posting the new thread! it's so pretty with all the new banners and a pic of Katie. And all those manips you posted in the old thread were really great. I need non phone pics STAT!

Quote:
what's the meaning behind the title?
Well Shetan - in POA there's the moment Harry/Cho first meet which was the Ravenclaw/Gryffindor match and Oliver Wood is shouting at Harry to stop being a gentleman with her and knock her off her broom. Of course Harry does'nt...he fancies her too much to do that...and also I don't think he really got a chance because she was very good. Ah... I would have really loved to have seen them sparring in the sky in the 3rd movie. It would have shown that Cho was'nt just one of those pretty uesless faces that you normally get with love interests.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 08-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Supreme Fan

very well explained Su aish I should read again that scene of theior first quidditch match, it was so cute

Shetan, I wonder that as well.. I wonder if they will do it as though Harry has liked Cho since the previous year or if they'll make it as if Harry has just fallen in love with her. I hope there's a scene (as yousay) where the trio talk about Cho's popularity and Ron or Herm say something like "Come on Harry! You've been in love with her for a year!" that'd be cute

have you guys heard that rumor of a woman directing OotP, of course it's only a rumor, but I had never thought of a woman directing HP why didn't I htink of it before? bad me! that'd be so cool... I don't know if there would be a lot of difference regarding the relationships that go on in OotP
Old 08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
as well.. I wonder if they will do it as though Harry has liked Cho since the previous year or if they'll make it as if Harry has just fallen in love with her. I hope there's a scene (as yousay) where the trio talk about Cho's popularity and Ron or Herm say something like "Come on Harry! You've been in love with her for a year!" that'd be cute
I don't know about that. I'd really like to see the first time Harry sees her and then have him staring at her all the time..have the build up for OOTP! I love all that kind of stuff.

Yeah I heard about the female director....Mira Nair.. I think that's her name. I've never seen any of her movies so I can't really comment. Have you seen any of her movies?

Old 08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Supreme Fan

no I haven't seen anything by Mira.. I'm familiar to some of her movies because here the French cinema is very appreciated, but haven't seen any film
Old 09-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Supreme Fan

there are no news on katie or anything but I'm posting tomake this jump to page 1 so we don't lose it. I'm going to check katie-leung.com right now because I went 2 days ago and the page had fallen off the net because of their served, I hope they are ok now
Old 09-04-2004, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Alex.
katie-leung.com seems to be working now! I wonder when we'll start getting set pictures of her. Surely she must have started by now.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Supreme Fan

yeah, surely she has because she was supposed to start filming in August, let alone rehearsing in early June/July and all that. Even Jaime Waylett and Josh Herdman have already filmed some scenes.

well, I'm bored and it's 9am I feel like reading right now.. I'm going to drop by the fan fiction forum... I only went once there like 4 years ago for some dawson's creek fics, I didn't even HP existed... solet's see what's in there I don't even remember the colors.. I hope I can find some good Cho/Harry or Cho/Cedric or Ginny/Draco or just somethign interesting to read

Last edited by - Alex -; 09-04-2004 at 07:10 AM
Old 09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh one of these days I'm going to try my hand at a Harry/Cho fic. I'm sick of coming here with no news!

LOL ..either that or re read Goblet of Fire. or OOTP I think I've forgotten quite a lot of it. But I've got about 5 books on the go!

Let me know if you find any good short H/C fics!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Supreme Fan

the fanfic I'm reading of Harry and Cho is awesome, I loooove it... the problem is that I feel they are not the Harry and the Cho that we know, it's like the writer has changed their personalities a bit. For example, in the boks Harry blushes and his heart beats fast when he is aroudn Cho, however, in the fanfic he feels good and is not ashamed of kissing her whenever and wherever he feels like to. And Cho is a bit too soppy and "OOhhh, Harry, the lake looks beautiful.. lalala" I like more the Cho that talks about Quidditch and all that, but anyway it's great.

btw, Su what's in your avatar? it's been driving me crazy speculating and trying to find out I've come to the conclusion that it's something of TLOTR

Last edited by - Alex -; 09-06-2004 at 10:26 AM
Old 09-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Passionate Fan

LOL!!! You're right! It is something to do with LOTR. Have you seen the movie/book? no? if not then I will make it my mission and try to convert you. They are my most favourite couple! even over h/C so that's saying something. It's Aragorn and Eowyn (who is a really fantastic female character..she is so great...worship worship) e.t.c.

See bigger picture of av

Fanfics - I really don't get into the fanfics as much as I'd like to. I'm always afraid of the cho haters turning her into a bitca. So I steer clear. I dont really want to ruin my mind for the books if you know what I mean..since they are not finished yet.

Old 09-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Supreme Fan

wow, the picture is so beautiful! the colors and everythign they look brilliant.
Yeah I know about Aragorn and Eowyn I haven't read the books, I've only seen movies 1 and 2 (soon will rent the 3rd). I'm not a fan of TLOTR, I loved the 1rst film but disliked the 2nd and that's why I haven't rented the 3rd yet, but I will. My fave characters of TLOTR are Boromir and Sam, well, at least in the movies, because I bet in the books it's different like it happens with HP. I cried so much when Boromir died, I couldn't believe it, he was my favourite! And I don't even know why but at least nothing happened to Sam

I know what you mean abou tthe fanfics, I don't read many either, the one I'm reading right now it's the 2nd Harry/Cho I've read, and appart form those I've read 2 of Draco/Ginny (one of them in spanish and the best I've ever read) and one in Spanish of a mix of a lot of couples Terry/Padma, Pansy/Blaise, Neville/Hannah, Lisa Turpin/Justin and Susan and Cho were in the plot as Padma's best friends, but no shipping for them it was the second best fanfics I've read, considering that I've only read 5 and of course the authors change their personalities a bit, otherwise the plot couldn't happen. And I don't like that, when I decide to read something extra-books is because I'm very very bored and need to refresh my mind with some new plot you know

Last edited by - Alex -; 09-07-2004 at 07:54 AM
Old 09-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Nice picture I know! I'm going to point you to this because they are so pretty. Cup scene

I found the LOTR books quite hard to follow. But the parts I understood like were very good. My favourite film out of all three is actually the first one as well. I think it's perfect in terms of structure and characters e.t.c.
Why did you dislike the second film?

Ok back on topic. I read one fic which everyone goes on about called Draco Dormiens..or something. It's well written about Hermione/Draco/Harry...Ron might be there too. It made me realise that I hated the idea of H/H together but then I thought maybe if this was from JK Rowling I might change my mind. There was another one about Lupin/Tonks which was really quite adorable. Have you heard of the shoebox project on lj? It's like the correspondance of the marauders... it seems to be the new popular hp fic at the mo. You could try that.

The Shoebox Project I unfortunately don't have a lot of patience with long epic fics but it looks good.

p.s I am also quite bored! I attempted writing diary entries by Cho so it's all after book 5. . It is obviously got LOADS of H/C in it. I'll show you later.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Supreme Fan

that box project looks awesome!! I looooove those drawings and the structure of the community thanks for telling, I'm sure I'll lurk everywhere in there

Quote:
I found the LOTR books quite hard to follow.
yeah, that's what I've been told, maybe some year in uni they make me read the books (since I study English Filology)... I know in America and Great Britain there are some subjects 100% about Tolkien

Quote:
My favourite film out of all three is actually the first one as well. I think it's perfect in terms of structure and characters e.t.c.
Why did you dislike the second film?
I loved the first film first of all because of the hobbits and their village, it's was all fairy-like and I love that. Then the adventure started and I liked the characters and everything... I can't explain it, I liked everything, but it bothered me a little that it was too long and almost died stuck in my sofa but it was worth it and I never get tired of watchign it. But then I rented the second one and everything was darker, it was too long as well, I coudln't believe Gandalf and Boromir were not going to appear (now I don't remember if Gandalf appeared or not at some point).. and Gollum was not as "cute" as people had told me. So mainly I disliked it because it was darker and complicated, the same happened to me in CoS, I disliked the final scenes in the chamber, when I watch the DVD I always pass those scenes forwards, you know...
People have told me either that the return of the king is the best movie of the 3, or the worst.. so I have to check it by myself, I don't trust people's opinion.

Quote:
The Shoebox Project I unfortunately don't have a lot of patience with long epic fics but it looks good.
I have exactly that same problem! *nods* if I see a fanfic is more than.. like.. 10 chapters long I inmediately put it aside, I need short, easy-to-read and fresh fanfics... I already have GoF and OotP to have deep and long stories and they are more interesting than those made up by other people who are not Jo.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top