Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
So mainly I disliked it because it was darker and complicated, the same happened to me in CoS, I disliked the final scenes in the chamber, when I watch the DVD I always pass those scenes forwards, you know...
Aah I see. I differ... I quite like all things dark and complicated myself. The impending doom things in LOTR..I really liked. ROTK is really good for that as well. A little bit heartbreaking but it seems too cgi'd for me too. There's a real heart to the first one.

HP: The scene in COS which I really hate is the end when everyone is suddenly applauding Hagrid and being all happy...it always seem too sugary and sweet..and ain't life great! It's not that I'm a morbid/mournful person. I think I prefer exploring the darker psyche of people. So I really like angry Harry in POA.

Quote:
I see a fanfic is more than.. like.. 10 chapters long I inmediately put it aside, I need short, easy-to-read and fresh fanfics
Exactly! If you find short fanfics! point me.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
HP: The scene in COS which I really hate is the end when everyone is suddenly applauding Hagrid and being all happy...it always seem too sugary and sweet..
I agree in that... and throwing the hats in the air always makes me laugh it's so sugary
though I like those scenes with lots of colours that remind me of fairy-land you know... but I like them in the first 2 movies because the kids are lil and everything.. if PoA had been like that it would have looked ridiculous, they are getting older and the world they live in is dark and dangerous... Harry angry is the best and Hermione too, I like when she shows her girl power both in books and movies, but in books her girl power is shown better I think.

I'm re-reading OotP, right now I'm in the chapter of the woes of mrs weasley, well, I haven't begun it yet. I love how Sirius gets mad at Harry because he has been absolved and he's going back to hogwarts. How Sirius stabs his potatoes in the plate with an expression of dull and anger.. dont know how to explain.. I love it. And when he argues with Molly .. and Harry yelling at everyone is priceless Sirius and Harry angry are the best of the books probably, like godfather like godson does godson exist?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't know. I don't have godparents but yes I think Godson exists...
Actually think I know what you mean about things being too dark sometimes. I was reading a book where the character is all happy and then suddenly she goes into the depression and it loses it charm and you just want the character to get out of it! Because depression is contagious I think.

But angry HARRY is good because we've never seen him like that before. And it's understandable!

Quote:
though I like those scenes with lots of colours that remind me of fairy-land you know...
YES! I adore really colourful movies...you just want to physically eat them. Like Amelie or Moulin Rouge have all these crazy colours. There's a movie called HERO which is the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. That's fairy land!

Old 09-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Supreme Fan

oh Amélie it's love...

about that Hero movie.. do u remember some actor or actress that appeared in it? maybe they have it in the videoclub (which I doubt, because my videoclub sucks)

again we have Dan mentioning Katie and saying she's cool so the second task has been filmed, so they've got to film together since Cho is in the lake.. I'd suck to film those scenes if they asked me to open the eyes because I have never been able to open my eyes underwater, I tried once in my cousin's swimmingpool because she was like "come on, do it, you can because everyone can, do it do it!" and so I did and I almost went blind, I couldn't open my eyes for 2 days and had to be tucked in bed, it was awful I admire people who can do that
Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -

about that Hero movie.. do u remember some actor or actress that appeared in it? maybe they have it in the videoclub (which I doubt, because my videoclub sucks)
Yes! Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Cheung and Jet Li. Let me know what you think if you ever get a chance to see it. I think it's no.1 in America now but it's quite an old movie.

OOOH I really can't wait to see all these tasks in GOF. Oh the fan art I could make. I bet the water scenes will look really nice. I can open my eyes in swimming pools but they make my eyes so red like I've been crying or something. I don't understand people who can do it in the sea though. It's so salty. I can't imagine it's good for the eyes anyway. I prefer wearing goggles I like to see where I'm going! Plus...sharks you know.

As you may know I was rummaging in ff.net yesterday and now I've posted my first h/c fic. Constructive criticism is welcome if the fic is'nt too long to read. But I won't be offended if you don't cos long fics just turn me off. It was fun anyway.

Making Peace

Old 09-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yes! Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Cheung and Jet Li. Let me know what
oh!!! those people! wait, is that the movie that was presented in an european festival or something and everyone loved the movie? I think it is, because I remember Maggie and Zhang wearing festival dresses, yep yep... but I don't remember Jet in the festival..
he's gorgeous I loved him especially in Romeo must die, one of the best movies EVER

Quote:
I prefer wearing goggles I like to see where I'm going!
wwoooowwww I just learnt a new word! googles is glasses for underwater? that's super cool!

now I'm going to save your fic and read it

I found this yesterday

Old 09-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -
wwoooowwww I just learnt a new word! googles is glasses for underwater? that's super cool!
LOL yes that's right goggles. What did you call them before? hey do you think in English or Spanish? I always ask this to bilingual people.

Thanks for posting those piccies! I like the style of the first one but I think Cho would look more like the last one.

Ah yeah I love Romeo Must Die. He's really cute actually *sighs*. but there's Tony Leung also... he really really really REALLY HOT.

Tony all slick
Tony in Hero looking moody
You want to see this movie

Because I am in a bit of a fanfic craze. I've been hunting around for some H/C fics. I read this very short one recently and it's so adorable. I had this fuzzy and warm feeling after reading it.
Stars

Old 09-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Loyal Fan

hey guys!
sorry i haven't been here for awhile! Just wanted to say hi! and I love "making peace".... very good!
Alex- thanks for posting those cho pics... I really like the first one...

Sushi- I love tony...he's so incredible... esp with the green... hehe... but i also like chang chen and this other guy whose very good-looking.... his name is Takeshi Kaneshiro

BTW, Dan mentioned Katie? Where? I don't remember anything!!? I'm getting excited... I was kinda excited that Dan liked the underwater scene so much cuz... well- it had cho/harry moments in it... well- at least more harry angst .... did you read the mugglenet's article on the predictions... I'm not sure if mugglenet printed it but i think they posted the article... the guy though cho would betray harry and go with the dark lord or something to that effect! I was shocked! Cho may have a bad temper but with the blush on her face at the end of OOTP, I think it's clear she has feelings for him and won't do anything... anyways i hope it doesn't end that way...

Shetan
Old 09-12-2004, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Any other pictures of Katie Leung?
Old 09-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys... I'm trying to find this quote where Cho comes back to Harry after she reads the Quibbler interview. I can't remember what happens.. did the interview say anything about Cedric? and what did Cho say about it? because I remember she forgives Harry...

Shetan - Thanks! ooh yes Chen..he reminds me of Johnny Depp in Pirates. Who is Takeshi Kaneshiro? I've heard of him before. Either he's that cute guy from the last samurai or he is someone I spotted when I was looking at this movie page of ..house of flying daggers or something like that..which also starts Zhang Ziyi. Havent seen that film yet.

I don't think Cho would betray Harry. I don't get all this CHO IS EVIL stuff at all. ..I mean storywise it would be really interesting..and I quite like it but in canon I think she's the last person who would do that actually...especially after what happened to Cedric.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Sushi- I think the readers/audience just wants to get some more reason to hate cho... i mean i think it's ridiculous

Artist- omg.. i always ask that question...

Shetan
Old 09-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm just speculating here... but do you think the reason we don't have any Cho pictures is because the WB are hiding her from us? I'm only thinking about this after reading this article..about how the WB were doing it for the guy who plays victor krum. I can't remember where I saw it now... but I think if this is true then they would definately try to do it for Katie since she is Harry Potter's love interest.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Ok I know we already have a Cho but I found the perfect one....really really perfect one when I was watching 'My Sassy Girl' today.

The storyline of Cho even fits her character really well. She can play really angry, crazy temper, cry a lot but at the same time you really care about her! I'd recommend you see this film for that if anything else. It's such a NICE movie...well I was crying through a lot of it. Tears of joy!

Old 09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Sushi- i agree that she would make a good cho...i saw my sassy girl but didn't really like it... ... and i think the wb is probably trying to hide her...

Shetan
Old 09-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm gonna kill my sister! look the fanarts I found by spying in her computer files

well I had already seen the 1st one, but it still amazes me.. the second one could be a perfect avatar

Quote:
LOL yes that's right goggles. What did you call them before?
nothing I just said "glasses for underwater, youk now"

Quote:
hey do you think in English or Spanish?
you mean when I speak a language? well, I always think in the same language I speak. If I'm with an English person and we're having a conversation in English, I thinkin English... if we are speaking Spanish I think in Spanish... and if it's in Catalan then I think in Catalan. That's because I know the languages perfectly or very well... for example I only know some words in French, so with a French person I think in Catalan or Spanish and then I try to translate it in my mind to speak in French.. it's horrible

Quote:
the guy though cho would betray harry and go with the dark lord or something to that effect! I was shocked!
what? what a twisted mind he has, hasn't he? I haven't thought about somethign like that, I dont' think Cho would turn her back on the good side, maybe Marietta.. but Cho? mmm...

oh I just saw those pics of Tony my god

Quote:
I don't get all this CHO IS EVIL stuff at all
me neither **shakes head** also as you said, Voldemort killed her boyfriend!

Quote:
I'm just speculating here... but do you think the reason we don't have any Cho pictures is because the WB are hiding her from us? I'm only thinking about this after reading this article..about how the WB were doing it for the guy who plays victor krum
yes, definitely I think that. The only pix we've got from Katie were "stolen" by a newspaper and she was in the street... I believe WB are hiding everyone.. but I think it's better this one at the moment because when we finally get pics of her we are gonna be double excited because of all this time waiting

Su I saw that in your journal, I really really want to watch that movie... I hope it comes to Spain because Asian cinema (is the movie asian btw? it appears to be) does not come here unless the movies are nominated for an oscar or somethign, like crouching tiger, i-dont-know-what dragon (which I loved loved loved so much i could die ) and a couple more
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top