Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! Good job with losing the five pounds! I'm so proud of you!

I just got my Cosmo in the mail today..I won't be able to read it until Friday though. And I agree, I think Jessica has an amazing body. She's so pretty.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on losing the weight

My mum and my aunty say I lost weight too since I broke my leg hehe

Anyway I found it *yay*

Quote:
DAIRY DIET

22 Oct 2004, 04:51:48 PM

Reporter: Natalie Bonjolo

In the battle of the bulge it's usually dairy that's dumped. Cheeses, yogurt, milk - all delicious, all sinful. Or so you think?

But according to dietician Nikki Cummings from Curtin University new research turns that idea upside.

Dairy could actually help you lose weight by burning more fat.

“We're trying to show a link between dairy calcium and helping people actually burn more fat,” Nikki said.

Head of the research team, Dr Mario Soares, explains that while calcium has an effect, it was high calcium from dairy which had an even greater effect.

“The calcium triggers off a sequence of events which actually stimulates the enzymes which break down stored fat and prevents the enzymes which lay down fat from working,” Dr Soares said.

The Perth trial hopes to prove in the lab, what research on diets has uncovered in the United States.

Dr Michael Zemmel is head of the Nutrition Institute of Tennessee.

He says that when overweight adults were put on a low fat, but high dairy diet they lost twice as much weight as a second group who ate the same amount of calories but no dairy.

“Our findings show if you’re cutting calories you can make that effort twice as effective by incorporating three serves of dairy into your daily diet,” Dr Zemmel said.

“One of the key findings of this study is that dairy is especially helpful in helping reduce fat in your mid-section, in your abdomen region.”

Dairy Australia is pinning their hopes on the results of the Perth research to explode the myth that dairy makes you fat.
On the tv they also said about drinking a glass of skim milk a day
Old 05-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal CandyGirl
Oh man noo! Does skim milk help? I hate all sorts of milk. YUCK!
Tell the story about the milk fresh from the cow!

I lost... 2 lines on the scales... (no idea what that is) and people keep asking if I've lost weight er... 2 kg... Apparently that's 4.4 pounds Is that a lot?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe
Tell the story about the milk fresh from the cow!

I lost... 2 lines on the scales... (no idea what that is) and people keep asking if I've lost weight er... 2 kg... Apparently that's 4.4 pounds Is that a lot?
Wooh! I think it's great. Hee! I wish I would do that too.

You mean when I had to drink fresh milk from a cow? Well, yesh I was forced to drink milk that was fresh and came right from the cow. It was disgusting! It had this icky cream layer on it and then I was forced to say yay yum I like it. GAG me! I hated milk even more after that.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you guys tried Goats milk I have and it's YUCK *pukey* not a great taste in the mouth

I have no idea how many Kilos I lost but I lost weight
Old 05-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My Mum used to be worried that I didn't get enough calcium, so she put milk powder in my food
Old 05-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

I had a bad day today, drank too much soda, which is weird because I have gone weeks without soda but today I just needed it for some reason.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie-
I had a bad day today, drank too much soda, which is weird because I have gone weeks without soda but today I just needed it for some reason.
Soda is so weird though. I hardly ever drink soda, I prefer water, but at least once a month I'll get a craving for it for no particular reason.

I'm officially down 8 lbs! The diet is becoming second nature. I hardly ever crave fast food or anything anymore, I'm actually starting to enjoy the diet. It makes things hella easier now that I'm out of school though and have time to cook my meals. Today I had a yogurt and a tbspn of peanut butter and for lunch I had some rice and fish.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! Nice job! I am so proud of you! I need to get back into the swing of things.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I wanna join in I wanna get healthy cause I've just realised that I eat all the time cause I feel afrer being fat :/ weird eh? I am always friends with super skinny girls so I never have to feel that I'm the attractive one... but since realising all this junk, I want to fix it

my bf is a health fanatic and he's read that if you eat every 2 hours, not like huge amounts, just have a small snack between meals and not eat tons and tons at meal times you're metabolism will speed up and you'll lose weight... I'm going try that, as well as doing a little bit of pilates...

has anyone here done pilates? or something like it? does it work?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Banned

I've done pilates and yoga. Pilates, in my opinion, is a much more efficient workout to lose weight. It does work and it will make you sore. You just have to be consistent.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can never stick to stuff like that

Though I have free gym membership whenever I want!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda-Mira
I've done pilates and yoga. Pilates, in my opinion, is a much more efficient workout to lose weight. It does work and it will make you sore. You just have to be consistent.
yay! I'm all for sore, actually. maybe that's weird, but at first it's sorta nice, feeling like you actually did some work, and used your muscles. I'm excited to start it now, I'm going to next week, after I get back home.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Aw, congrats on the diet working Stephanie. Awesome. Isn't is just the best feeling when you start seeing rewards?

Man, I've been bad lately. I have barely gotten to the gym at all the past two weeks. I got the flu pretty badly so I didn't do much besides sleep. Then I've been just flat out with uni work because its the last two weeks of semester, then exams so I just have not had the time.

I hate it though. Not only do I feel like a slob (don't ask me why, by no exercise makes me feel like dirty or something. weird heh!) I'm crankier when I don't do exercise. It's like a release fo energy, it always makes me feel better. But I can't wait until two weeks tuesday, then I have 6 weeks off. Whee! My gym junkie ways can go back to normal. I know I've been away from the gym for too long when I'm just craving a good two hours of cardio and weights.

But yay for all those of you losing your desired weight and kicking yourself into exercise mode. Heh. Do a bit extra for me until I have the time to get back into it.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Samii, I know the feeling. I have been so sluggish lately. I've been very bad when it comes to working out.