Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Dude, I can't believe this JG/MV stuff. Lmfao, I'm so used to hearing these rumours but having it be denied, but dude... this seems much more close to legit than usual. Aw. I liked them together. Hee. Oh to be a fly on the wall at the ALIAS set right now. I wonder why it would have been an ugly breakup?

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh
BTW, Mischa isn't really that attractive. She is so skinny and her shoulder blades scare me.
Thank-you. I totally agree. I don't get this whole "she's a classic beauty blah blah blah" to me she has that kinda boring model pretty. You know? Like those catwalk models who are like total beanpoles, and there is nothing unique or intriguing about their faces its just kinda plain. I really don't see the big deal about her. IMO Rachel Bilson is 10x prettier and way more striking.

And aw, the finale was super sad. Kelly Rowan (sp?) totally kicked ass in that crying scene. She was amazing. And the goodbye scene with Seth/Ryan... horrible. I'm so intrigued by the new season, I mean I know that Ryan will obviously come back, but how there going to do it, how Seth/Ryan will be with each other, Seth/Summer? This season should be fun. Just please, for the love of ME kill Marissa off, so I don't have to endure another second of her whiny, manipulative selfish ways, that are portrayed by an actress who has no acting ability what-so-ever.

Eli - I'm not sure about that exam thing. It sounded a bit dodgy to me too, but I'm assuming that its more or less the same question, but Norwegian students have to bring more to the table, maybe longer, more thought out essays etc. I mean when we have like four essays in two hours, they tend to be pretty rushed and nowhere near the standard of essays that we've been given time on.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

O.M.G. so I was reading 'Watch with Kristen' yesturday, and I know she not reliable with what she tells us, but she mentioned Sela Ward as a possible Lena Olin replacement?! This is probabley really old news, but it was the first time I'd read anything about an Irina replacement and I'm just shocked and outraged beyond belief! Sela Ward?! as Irina?! No way! I just cannot see it! Thank God JJ changed his mind, but he should just never have considered her! I think she's a great actres and all, fabulous in Once and Again, but I cannot even begin to imagine her as Irina.
Enough of my rant...

Yay charity screenings or 'Suddenly 30' on August 22nd! I'm SO there!

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
her non-existent sister Kaitlin.
Was she even at the wedding in the final? How rude if she wasn't...I don't remember seeing her.

Oh the O.C. How much do I adore that show! And since Katie posted the picture of the box set I've just been dying to buy it!

Marissa :::shudder::: enough said.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jenindi
O.M.G. so I was reading 'Watch with Kristen' yesturday, and I know she not reliable with what she tells us, but she mentioned Sela Ward as a possible Lena Olin replacement?! This is probabley really old news, but it was the first time I'd read anything about an Irina replacement and I'm just shocked and outraged beyond belief! Sela Ward?! as Irina?! No way! I just cannot see it! Thank God JJ changed his mind, but he should just never have considered her! I think she's a great actres and all, fabulous in Once and Again, but I cannot even begin to imagine her as Irina.
Enough of my rant...
But isn't that how pretty much everyone is going to react to any replacement, regardless of who it is? I already feel bad for the actress they do decide on (assuming they go the recast route) because she's already got the fact that she's not Lena against her (echoes of completely insane and unjustified pre-S3 - and during S3 - backlash against Melissa George for coming in between the holy and exalted S/V).

I mean, sure, Lena IS Irina, but a recast is entirely possible, despite the fandom's vehement protests to the contrary. No one is going to be Lena and her Irina is hers alone, but that's not to say that someone else, regardless of who she is (i.e. I'm not specifically referring to Sela Ward) can't bring something else to the role that Lena didn't. I know, hard to fathom, but that's one of the rare beauties f this industry. As for "imagining someone as Irina", well, that seems pretty futile to me, seeing as how the only Irina we have on record is Lena Olin's and it's not like anyone else's Irina is going to be Lena Olin's Irina. So yes, it's impossible to imagine someone else as Lena Olin's Irina but I'm not so sure, given the right actress, it's impossible to imagine an Irina who's not Lena Olin. I don't want a recast, but since I can't have Lena, I wish they'd hurry up and just do it because this is getting ridiculous and the more they prolong it, the harder it will be for everyone to accept.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

It'll have to be very very VERY bad for them to refuse to work together. I don't think anyone (except for those who hates SV) wants the show to go on without any romantic SV interaction at all. Especially for JJ and the likes. That'll feel all weird.

I saw that thread at TWoP. At first it was pretty entertaining, but it went crazy as well. The movie discussion was ridiculous. It's even worse at more teen'ish MBs. And the Palace closes all threads even mentioning anything about it. Christ, zimmer down.

Thanks for the file, Pea. I have a friend visiting so I don't have time to watch it yet. Same goes for reading all the new posts at the thread.

Sam, it could very well be true this time. I would love to know what caused the breakup as well. It's probably something bad (could there have been cheating from one of them? there is speculation, but that's all it is), to let them have their friendship go down the drain with their romantic relationship. If it's true that it was ugly, that is. But judging from the info from the set, things are tense. Very tense. And it's affecting the whole working atmosphere.

And finally before I have to go, if Lena can't play Irina, I don't want Irina on the show. I do NOT handle recasts very well.

Last edited by Eliii; 08-13-2004 at 04:07 PM
Old 08-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii
It's probably something bad (could there have been cheating from one of them? there is speculation, but that's all it is), to let them have their friendship go down the drain with their romantic relationship.
It doesn't have to necessarily be bad for them to have *****ed up their firendship since the odds of maintaining a friendship after any romantic relationship goes awry, for whatever reason, aren't that great. The breakup need not be acrimonious for friendships to be left in the dust. More power to the people who are successful, but most people aren't, especially if they have to work together.

Speaking of tense working conditions, does that mean VG will be even more stony-faced and emotionally unavailable? *hopes*

I'm fine with Irina not being on the show, only that the idiots in charge have set up an entire storyline that revolves around her. I'm not saying that they can't continue without her (as they did in the latter half ot S3), but the prolonged lack a physical Irina with respect to the current state of affairs is just piling bull***** and ridiculous on top of more ridiculous. I'm fine with the ridiculous, but there is breaking point (the albatross is getting heavy, heh) - for me, anyway, and others I've come across who are like-minded, which I know is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, given that there are greater number of others who feel differently (fans and showrunners alike); then again, that doesn't stop me from complaining.

I think you meant "simmer." <-- not being snotty (just in case it came off snotty, which is entirely possible regarding these types of things)
Old 08-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *bijal*
It doesn't have to necessarily be bad for them to have *****ed up their firendship since the odds of maintaining a friendship after any romantic relationship goes awry, for whatever reason, aren't that great.
I agree. But if you make an effort, it's not that hard when all comes to all. They've both been very active on promoting that they're best friends first, lovers second. With an attitude like that you make an effort to maintain the friendship. Not necessarily the same closeness, but friends none the less. In the long run at least (which obviously won't show til later). It's not as hard as it sounds if you split on friendly terms (of course, all breakups are hard, but I mean breaking up because you find out this isn't really working and both agree to call it quits). Sure, right after the breakup things can get a little awkward. But not tense in the way it's been reported from the set that the situation is. Also, the breakup has been sudden and unexpected. Only a few weeks prior to the breakup rumors, they both did press gushing about how great everything was going and Michael was often spotted in Vancouver and them being very cuddly. So if the rumors are true, and they are in fact over, most things lead towards a bad breakup. But hey, I'm just speculating. For all I know the reports from the set are overdramatized, and by very tense they just mean awkward and weird (which is natural right after anyway) and they could've had problems for a long time and decided together to break up. It just looks like it's been a sudden and ugly split.

I don't know how this will affect the rest of the cast and their performances. I bet it's not easy for them either, being torn in either direction. There has been speculation on what will happen to Vartan if either of them refuses to work with the other (not that I think that will happen - they're too professional for that), cause obviously her wishes will come before his. We'll just have to wait and see. It's definitely an interesting situation.

I think the plan was to have Lena back on the show for more seasons than the one she did. Hence the making of a big storyline around her. I hope they make the best out of this, but don't recast her.

It's with s? I always see people writing it with z. Oh well...Thanks.

Watching the opening ceremony from Athens right now. The president of the commitee for the Athens games ended her speech with "Olympic Games, welcome home." Aw, this is such a special thing. I love the Olympics. *sighs*

Last edited by Eliii; 08-13-2004 at 08:08 PM
Old 08-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Awww at the Olympics fuzziness. As Eli mentioned, we have lived through many Olympics together. *hugs*

Bijal, would your love for sci-fi shows have anything to do with made-up words? I noticed that in Firefly they used words like "hump" a lot. Hee. I haven't finished watching the pilot eppy yet so I'll be back with the gushing later.

I hate recasts too. I mean it. At that moment, you can't possibly imagine anyone else playing that role.. it's just so traumatizing. However, I've seen recasts that were spectacular. Where the new actor/actress does a phoenomenal job and makes the character their own. It has been done. Well, I've seen it done in Soaps (where they recast all the time). I've also seen recasts that were horrible. I used to watch a soap called, Guiding Light and they recasted the role of Michelle Bauer and I fell in love with that character. She was the reason I watched that show. Then she left and there was another recast. I stopped watching because the recast was horrible. Ok. I'm biased.. she wasn't horrible.. she was just different, but not in a good way.
I can't really say about the Lena recast because I haven't even seen S2 of Alias yet

Doesn't she look like Mischa Barton? Maybe it's me.

Eli, guess what I got in the mail today. Yup. It is here!!!! I am holding it in my hand right now. I am touching it. Hee! Don't worry, my hands are clean and I will ship them to you right away. Well, on Monday because tomorrow the post office at school is closed.

Last edited by yoshhh; 08-13-2004 at 09:44 PM
Old 08-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Pea, hurrrrrrrrry up. I want to gush. And I love the made up words. They sound so amusing, even if I have no idea what it all means. Must go find a Firefly glossary. The made-up words show up in fic, too, and sometimes there's a glossary for some of the words, but sometimes not for words that have shown up on the show a lot and for which we should know the meaning (erm, so I guess I really do need to find that glossary 'cause I don't know what some of these words mean, though I could probably guess).

And dude, how beautiful is Inara? It's ridiculous. And don't you love Kaylee? She's so cheerful and not in that annoying way. She's just...happy. And Wash and Zoe are funny and sweet and so lovely. And Mal. Mmmm, Mal. Yes? He has that whole emotionally unavailable thing going on and he tries to be gruff but you know it's just an act and that he looooooooooves everyone. *loves Mal and his crew*

Watched some more Farscape today. Haven't started burning, but I will. I want to get it done before I leave for Memphis on Wednesday so I can put them in the mail. Anyway, it's still snarky funny and enjoyable.

Our satellite (predictably) is out, so I only get NBC coverage of the Olylmpics. No Bravo, no USA, no MSNBC, no CNBC. That means I don't get to watch most of the socccer games (!!!! - OMG, the soccer ), the equestrian stuff, rowing and sailing, some cycling, etc. That's like half of the games.

I'm v. upset by all of this. I doubt I'd be able to download anything and this was the one thing I was totally looking forward to. And next week, I'm going to be out of town from Wed. - Friday, which means I'll miss even more. I was just coming to terms with that, and now this. I'm grateful for what I do get to see and I'm sure I'll be reading as much as I can so I know what's going on, but it's not the same as watching.

Last edited by *bijal*; 08-13-2004 at 11:45 PM
Old 08-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Inara bathing herself was too sexy for words. She has an incredible back! Those curves!
Mal asking if there was a reward for Simon was hilarious. It took me a while to stop seeing Nathan as Caleb (Buffy), but he has totally won me over now. His "huh" when he opened Simon's cargo was perfect. So was his reaction when the woman woke up. I was a little confused when he announced that Kaylee was dead, but then I realized how brilliant he was. *sighs* And dude, he shot a horse. Aren't those things controversial in the US? It is official. I love Mal. I think it was the moment he walked back into the ship and shot the law man without hesitation. It was so fast. Hee. Now if only someone would tear his clothes off. *sniff*
The law man looked really familiar. I don't remember which show I saw him in.. hmmm. I'm really glad that Jayne didn't betray Mal because that would have really sucked.

Man, Joss Whedon still has it. He still does. I love the man and so proud too.

I can't wait to see Vanity Fair. I don't know how Reese manages to look angelic and evil. The movie has a Moulin Rouge vibe and I love costumes.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Oh, lord this thread has the Olympic fever too? Bwah I didn't even relise they started last night until some people at work were talking about it. ::

<--- thinks she is the only one who gets bored ****less by the Olympics.

The only stuff I enjoy is the Gymnastics.

Pea - Lmfao... I think its just you. I can't really see any resemblence to Mischa Barton in that photo.

And I have to say I am totally and 100% with Eli. I definately do not handle recasts well, it's just bad. Just put her to rest if Lena won't come back. I don't want anymore IM'ing. But at the same time, its so friken' stupid to create a storyline that centres so damn heavily on Irina.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, Pea, yeah, this'll be our third Olympics, I think.

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh
Eli, guess what I got in the mail today. Yup. It is here!!!! I am holding it in my hand right now. I am touching it. Hee! Don't worry, my hands are clean and I will ship them to you right away. Well, on Monday because tomorrow the post office at school is closed.
*SQUEAL* Aw, I had no doubt you wouldn't touch it with dirty hands. Btw, feel free to play with it before you ship it if you want to watch the movie again or take a look at the extras.

Oh yeah, Sam, this thread has the Olympic fever. We just watched a little swimming. Nice start to the Olympics. Phelps just smashed the competition in 4X100m Medley. My friend got up and turned on the TV while I was still in bed whining about being so tired. And then it was on and then I just heard his name and I jumped out of bed and parked on the couch. Watching rowing (is the event called that?) now. Norway is favorite in this particular event.

Man, that sucks that you don't get to actually watch, Bijal. Dude, this situation better change. We're supposed to talk lots of Olympics the next few weeks and then it's more fun when you've actually seen it as well.

Well, like I said last night, Sam. I think the plan was to have Lena back for more. Hence the big storyline.

Last edited by Eliii; 08-14-2004 at 08:07 AM
Old 08-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

It's not that I don't get to watch. I don't get to watch all of it. We have about 5 channels airing coverage of different stuff. I get some, not all.

Pea, wheeee! I knew you'd love Mal. Isn't he gorgeous? And so sexy with his nonchalance and gruff ways. I love the relationship between him and Kaylee.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Well I saw the male Gymnastics tonight, and holy hell they are *****ing sensational. And their girlfriends (assuming they are straight, of course) must be some very lucky ladies. So toned and limber and strong

OMG... five channels of Olympic coverage? Crikey. Dude! We only have one channel that covers it. Although, I think cable has some coverage, but we don't have it anymore...

I also just got back from watching "Jersey Girl" and I gotta say, it was wayyy better than I had anticipated. Once J-Lo's character croaked it, the movie was surprisingly enjoyable. A whole heck of a lot funnier than I thought too. My friends and I were laughing alot. Loved the cameo by Will Smith, hee. He rocks my world.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I am at the edge of my seat when I watch the male gymnasts because of what happened to Blaine Wilson. He tore his bicep. Ow. Anyway, feel bad for him for falling on the high bars. I giggle every time the gymnasts are carried so that they can reach the bars.
And OMG. Korea has a gymnastic team and they were in the top 10. LMFAO. I didn't even know that Koreans did gymnastic. Hmmm.

I prefer lean bodies to muscular ones. Swimmers to gymnasts. There is nothing sexier than chlorinated water glistening on a swimmer's bare back. Michael Phelps had a huge lead in the individual relay and glad to see that Ian Thorpe is still doing well. I remember how big he was during the Sydney Olympics. Wasn't there a big bruhaha over his disqualification? I feel sorry for Craig Stevens who gave his spot up for Thorpe. He must've been under great pressure to give it up.

Ooh! I didn't realize that they wore the tiniest speedos in synchronized diving. They were really tiny and talk about low-rise!

ITA about Jersey Girl. I thought it was cute and funny. I love the little girl in the movie. She was adorable.

Another reason to hate them

Last edited by yoshhh; 08-15-2004 at 11:05 AM
Old 08-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Omg, you heard about that Thorpe/Stevens thing over there? Weird. Did you hear about Yana Picket (sp?) too? Thats the new "huge thing". Lmfao, but the Thorpe/Stevens thing, I mean it was huge here, and when the decision etc was being called every station was playing it from different angles but I didn't expect it to reach any other shores. And although I felt bad for Steven's, I'm glad Thorpe was in it, because he kicks arse. I mean the swimming is the only thing Australian's are always great in, so we needed our best. Loved that Thorpe and Hacket were Gold and Silver. Oh and I loved that we won the female relay race too, it looked like we were gonna come second, but then the last swimmer put on her flippers and went for it. Woo.
*chants* Aussie. Aussie. Aussie. Oi. Oi. Oi.
Oh lord, I sound like I have the fever too. No, I will resist. But bwah, I was watching the Gymnastics, and like the Russians/Canadians etc were all in the 9.7's and then the Aussie dude came on and was like only in the 8's. We suck in the gymnastics aspect.

Man, those Olsen twins *ahem* Sorry, "Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen" just have everything. I want their bank-account. *bawl* Dude, why the hell do they need five bathrooms? Seriously, that's a little excessive. But still... I want their account. Oh the fun I would have with that amount of money.

Speaking of bank accounts. Grr. Some how 90 bucks was taken out of my account today. I'm so angry. First time I've been ahead all year, and actually had money for the week and not blown it all on the weekend, and the bank somehow looses 90 bucks of it. Hmph. I can't wait until tomorrow, I'm gonna go in and lay the smack down. I swear, its some kind of cosmic thing. I'm not supposed to be ahead with my money, when I save... I get punished. I mean I know 90 bucks isn't heaps compared to the duo's fortune... but when your a Uni student trying to get by its HEAPS. Grr. Bastards.

Last edited by Samii; 08-15-2004 at 12:20 PM