Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Ian! Ian! Ian! Oi! Oi! Oi!

I always become so Aussie and a little American during summer Olympics.

I love watching swimming. Those delicious bodies, flying through the water in such elegant and smooth manners. And Ian is so much cuter now than he's ever been.

Last edited by Eliii; 08-15-2004 at 08:07 PM
Old 08-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

I still have yet to see Jersey Girl. I always had planned on seeing, being as I like Liv Tyler. I just sometimes cannot stand Ben Affleck. The whole "Bennifer" thing..scared me.

I've seen bits n' pieces of the Olympics...I just have been sucked into major league baseball. I have a new crush on a White Sox player - he's a catcher and adorable. He's been doing good lately, except the manager was an idiot and it was their last inning, they needed one measly point to tie the game and he took Davis (my crush) out and put in a guy who hasn't had such a hot bat lately. I bet if Davis batted like he was supposed to, they would have won. Or that could be wishful thinking on my part.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii

*chants* Aussie. Aussie. Aussie. Oi. Oi. Oi.
*chants too* Memories~

I knew about the Stevens/Thorpe thing because it was on the internet news. It was cool that Craig was at the event, cheering Ian on. It would've sucked ass if Ian didn't get gold. Can you imagine? But yeah, SO glad he did. He did get cuter. Hee. NBC has a discussion section and they were talking about American's people's perspective blah blah blah. Basically if you asked Americans who is the richest athlete, they will most likely say Tiger Woods (so would I), but it's this German car racer dude. Americans see Phelps as the greatest swimmer right now, but the NBC guy was saying that it's Thorpe because Thorpe is a huge thing all over the world.. Americans just don't know it yet. Then they showed clips of Ian in other countries being swarmed by fans. It was.. wow.

Y'know, what confuses me during the Olympics? The color of the Aussie uniforms. Everytime I see someone in yellow/green I immediately think Aussie then I remember what their flag isn't yellow/green (which it should be btw).

Sam, sorry about your bank account. That really sucks. You should go yell at the bank, but make sure that you hadn't withdrawn the money out and forgotten about it I would also like the Olsen Twins' bank account too. 5% is ok too. 1%. Anything.

Katie, I really disliked Ben when he dated J-Lo because he just got smarmy and.. ew. But the movie is still worth watching. He is pretty cute and Liv is great in it.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Pea, if you're still around, get on MSN. Yeah?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, I hated Jersey Girl. I thought it was lame and that little girl was SO annoying and basically, Kevin Smith has lost his edge having stuck his head so far Ben Affleck's ass. Harsh, but I'm still bitter I paid $10 for that piece of crap.

OMG, so I was watching the 4x100 Men's Freestyle Relay and who did I see? My boyfriend, Klimmie! I nearly gasped out loud (but didn't 'cause Mom was there and then I would have had to explain; I did say that I had a huge crush on him). He's just as bald and beautiful was ever. OMG, and so toned. Still. He's so gorgeous. I had NO idea he would be at Athens, what with the injuries he had in the past couple of years and the major surgery. I'm so glad he's here, even if he's not swimming an individual event. Anyway, it was such a glorious surprise. And then they showed all the wonderful shots of the 4x100 Men's Freestyle Relay from Sydney when Klimmie & Co. beat the US and it was so beautiful.

Gorgeous, yes? He's sooooooo pretty. And bald!

*weeps*

I swear, while all the other women in the world are clamoring for a piece of the Thorpe, I'll happily help myself to Klim. Man.

Big yay for Petria Thomas; that was a fabulous race. And OMG, the South Africans. I nearly started crying when they said it was their first gold swimming medal ever. And that one American guy, Brendan Hansen, who got a silver medal on his birthday tonight. Of course, he wanted gold, but dude, a silver's not so bad a birthday gift., especially since he failed to qualify for the Sydney Games and this was his first Olympics. I'm such a SAP. Oh, and I've totally been watching beach volleyball. Man, those athletes are SO tanned and fit. Lastly, speaking of tanned and fit (and GORGEOUS!) - the rowers. OMG. They're so beautiful. All of their movements, in complete synchronicity with each other and you can see the muscles working and bunching and it's just so amazing. And hot.

Oh, but my favorite so far? The Iraqi soccer team kicking some major soccer butt. Who knew? I love surprises like that.

The Olympics are seriously a 2-week turn on for me. TMI?

Can't wait for men's gymnastics tomorrow and diving. Wheee, diving!

Last edited by *bijal*; 08-16-2004 at 03:21 AM
Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

Well although I totally barrack for Thorpe etc, personally I don't find him all that attractive. I mean, his body is just beautiful, agreed. But his face, its the nose and mouth, something about it is just unappealing. I'd have to side with Bijal and say Klimmie is more enticing physically, theres something about him that just screams 'bad boy'... and well, I'm a sucker for that. But dude, so much for us being swell in the swimming... dude, in the men's relay - we came like 6th. WTF? Dude, and Thorpe was in that team. Jeepers. Bet they won't replay that embarrassing failure 20 million times like they did with the Thorpe/Hacket victory.

Bwah, its so funny at the moment, all the radio stations and alot of the tv stations are talking about how awesome the Athen's opening ceremony was, and how lame it makes the Sydney opening look. And the dude that commentated the opening was the one who choreographed the entire opening ceremony, and he was all embarrassed. It's totally true though, I found the Sydney opening so deathly boring. It went on for hours, and it was mostly just Aboriginal dancing, and then Nicki Webster crooning from above. They definately put us to shame. Bwah.

Pea - it confuses me too. I don't understand why we are Green and Yellow, its bizarre, because that aint nowhere in our flag. I guess because there can only be so much blue. ::
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I was really surprised to see Klimmie as well. With all the injuries I didn't think he'd attend. Pleasantly surprised, cause he's so sexy. Me loves watching him swim. Thanks for the pics, Bijal. I think Thorpe has cleaned up. The body there's no dispute about. Most of these swimmer's bodies are fab, but he looked cuter in the face now than what he did in Sydney.

Dude, I know with South Africa. I was watching, my jaw on the floor. Cause that was one hell of a race!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

OMG. I am moving on Wednesday night. I just found out right now. I'm all WTF right now. It's an in-house move or sth like that. *dies*
Old 08-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

Huh? Moving where? *confused*
Old 08-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

When I paid for my Fall housing, my Summer contract was over so I was assigned a new apt. I always assumed that if I paid my rent, I'd still be living in the same place. My RA just came over to tell me a couple of hours ago and I was in shock So I'm moving most of the stuff tomorrow and the rest on Wed night.
I really don't want to move because I just moved in! WTF The good news is that the new apt is 10 secs away from my current place so I won't have to pack much.. just move everything.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

This may be a left field question... but do you guys have jobs? Lmfao. I was just reading Pea's post about paying rent etc... but I've never heard you talk about having jobs (except Katie ). How very bizarre.

Argh. I'm hungry, and I really want food, but I can't go into the kitchen to make lunch because our cleaner is in there. I hate cleaner days. *bawl* I am just craving my big Knot Roll with cheese, and tomato and cucumber, and lettuce, and mayonaise, and salt and pepper, and chicken........
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Sadly I don't have a job. I am going to start looking for a part time job on campus because I feel bad for my parents. I would like some money of my own to spend on frivolous things.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
But dude, so much for us being swell in the swimming... dude, in the men's relay - we came like 6th. WTF? Dude, and Thorpe was in that team. Jeepers.
Dude, Thorpe is a distance swimmer and soo isn't suited to sprints, which is why we did so poorly. But it was good to see Klim again! And for the South Africans to win! Good on 'em!

Argh I'm getting so sucked in to watching the Olympics, although it kinda annoys me how channel 7 is doing everything live. I mean really, who is up at 3am people?! Although I can understand why they are doing it.

Ooh! The 'Thorpedo' has become the first person to win 5 gold medals!!! *gushes* Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! I've become so obsessed with the Olympics!

Quote:
and then Nicki Webster crooning from above
Are you still talking about her? "I've been missing my strawberry kisses" *shudder*

Pea, it's so strange that you have to move again...

Argh jobs. Who needs them. I hate mine ATM.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Women's soccer is on tomorrow and I won't be able to watch it. This sucks SO much. I LOVE women's soccer - especially this US team. I've been following them for ages and this is the last Olympics (the last international event) for some of these players and it SUCKS so much that I can't watch it. I'm so getting my brother or someone to tape it for me on Wednesday (assuming the US win tomorrow against the Aussies, which they so better, because while I love you Aussies, I need for this soccer team to kick y'all's cute little butts). I wish I'd asked my brother to tape it for me. Gah. I guess I could go over to his apartment at 9 tomorrow morning, but I have all this other crap to do before we leave on Wednesday.

Sam, I had jobs on and off through college. No jobs while I was in law school (even if I did, I'd only be able to work 18 hours max per week - state bar rules) because I had enough distractions and it was hard enough to keep focused on school. Worked in the summers though, but mostly unpaid stuff for legal experience instead of paid stuff that wouldn't get me any legal experience. Am currently looking for employment in the legal arena, but will probably end up part-timing somewhere while I'm looking, just so I won't go crazy - though, I'm out of town here and there for the next couple of weeks, so probably not until I'm at least around for a good while. Long answer, huh?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Wow Bijal, you have rules on the maximum hours of work you can do while studying? Awesome. Not that I do more than 18 hours as it is. For some strange reason though I kinda figured having part time/casual work was taboo in the USA. Must be all my years of watching American teen shows, all the kids that have jobs are the outcasts. Yet here, if you don't have a job, people are all "you bloody bludger". So do you guys get cool jobs where you get to dress all smart? Or are you unfortunate like me... and have three-quarter length black & white checkered pants, that have a butt so big it looks like you have gone to the toilet, a big red shirt, an apron and (wait for it guys...) a hat AND hairnet. Oh yeah, selling bread sure is fun.