Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii
The Bijal excuse blows as well. She's a tiny, cuddly and adorable girl that doesn't scare anyone. Unless she wants to, yeah.
Aw, thanks, sweets.

Quote:
Dude, Bijal, stop with the Vaughn killing. I don't mock your imaginary SS coupling. Leave my SV one alone as well. And also, Syd is the only good you can take? You do know that the leads in these kinds of shows, the ones we're supposed to care about, usually are the good kinds? Although, I have to say they've done a good job making the bad guys multilayered, so that we actually care about them as well. Generic bad guys can be annoying.
Okay, okay, I won't kill Vaughn. He can just watch S/S from his loony bin cell on his webcam that's been provided to him by...does it matter? He's still alive. But crazy!

I'm stopping now, before you yell at me some more. But, you know, you can mock S/S if you want. I don't mind. Go on, try it. It might make you feel better.

Re: multilayered bad guys - Obviously Sloane is one (a fabulous one), but so is Jack, in his own way. He's not above using any means necessary for his purposes, whatever they may be at the time. And that's what makes him great. He has a line, but he's willing to cross it - without hesitation - if he feels he has to. And once he's crossed it, he doesn't look back and regret his choices (Well, at least he doesn't seem to. I guess it's always possible.). He does what has to be done, especially when no one else is willing to do it.

Syd can be like that occasionally (though, again, that's v. much underdeveloped on this show and could make a fascinating story arc), but I just don't see Vaughn as that kind of guy. If the writers are going to take him in that direction, I'm all for it, so long as it's done properly. So far, I like this new Vaughn. And lastly, Sark is all about crossing lines. Mmmmm, Sark.

Quote:
I have to say the Syd struggle and Sark sounds interesting. Since it's never gonna happen on the show, maybe you want to write a fic about it?
Excuse me, what? You think maybe I want to do what? Bwah! You're superfunny sometimes. Me writing ALIAS fic. That's funie.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

GG so rocked last night. Seriously, one of the best of the whole year.

Luke and Lorelai - well about damn time is all I can say. These two are just the cutest together. I love Lorelai with her Renannissance accent. It was so cute. Her outfit is a must-have, She makes the flowers in her hair look so good. I'm insanely jealous.

I actually liked Jess in this episode. Even though I loved his last scene with Rory - his scenes with Luke were the best (as always). He was so much more respectful to Luke and I loved the fact that they were getting along.

I kind of like the Graham guy, keep him around. He's like a real guy. He's no Tristan, but he'll do.

Ugh. Rory and Dean. Ugh. Thank god for Lorelai next week telling Rory she's the other woman. If Rory actually believes him to be "My Dean" then something is wrong with that girl.

Wheee - looks like we get our first Luke/Lorelai kiss! I'm so excited. They better not screw this up.

Quote:
For Katie: One Tree Hill made me laugh and laugh like a loon. I was combing my cat (despite is v. loud and painful protests, which have he has permanently made known on my arms) during the last 15 minutes of the episode, and when Dan started clutching his chest, I was so overcome with laughter that I let go of my cat with the comb still attached to his fur. And then Nathan and Haley getting married. This show is CRAZY. But, of course, I'll tune in next season. The WB totally knows that I'm its b*tch.

Oh, and was it just me, or did the Brooke/Peyton scene at the end try to imply a relationship that extended beyond friendship? Not that I would care - actually, it would be refreshing, but I doubt The WB has the balls to properly explore a lesbian relationship, or even women experimenting with other women - but I totally got the impressiong that there was more than just friendship going on. I could be reading too much into things, though.
Tell me about it. This episode made me completely despise the show. I always knew it was a little crazy and stuff, but this episode was so out there.

Dan having a heart-attack was kind of predictable - don't know why, I had a feeling.

Nathan and Haley married? Um, okay. And they're supposed to be sophomores? No way that would ever work. For some reason, I just want them to break up now.

Ew, I did not know what that Brooke/Peyton thing was. A little lesbian-ish I believe so.

The show is so predictable and funny. And it's not even supposed to be.

Quote:

Dude, the O.C is like a drug dude. I go into withdrawls when I don't get a hit. Hee, I feel so white trashy talking like this! Bwahhh!
Tell me about it, Samii. I'm slowly turning into Summer. I found myself saying her classic "EW!" and "Whatev" the other day. Someone save me!!

Quote:
On, and Sark can kill Vaughn. Sark is so morally ambiguous and that's what gives him depth. We still don't know his full story or agenda. Vaughn, however, is Dudley Do-Right. And while right now he's going through a dark period (we'll see just how dark it gets; we wouldn't want to upset anyone ), he'll always be good. And frankly, on this show, Sydney's about the only good I can take. Though, if she were with Sark (in any capacity), she'd shed some of the good for some of his morally ambiguous. Watching her struggle with who she believes herself to be (and who she's almost always been) with this new version of herself would be fabulous (and could have been explored this season after it was revealed that she wasn't brainwashed and was fully aware of what she was doing for The Covenant).

**beams with pride**

That's my girl. You tell 'em!

~~~

Indri: The baby is beautiful! Absolutly beautiful!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Awww Eli you a lurker in "Other" board

Yeah sometime if we talk about KH she always make me old because always remind with "Girl next door" nevermind still wait her new movie in here.

Eh look I have new avie now
Old 05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm actually v. excited to see Rory's storyline on GG next week. I think it's got definite potential if handled well. Up until now, Rory's never really done anything that's had permanent consequences. And up until Lorelai says "you're the other woman," you can see that Rory doesn't realize the consequences of what she's doing or may do. Rory's always had this image of herself that other people have encouraged and fostered and thus far, nothing much has changed that. Sure she dated Jess, but she was still herself. What may happen with Dean next week will come to her, maybe as a result of Lorelai's statement, as being completely out of character with who she's always thought herself to be and wanted to be. It'll be interesting to see how she reconciles who she thinks she is and who she's always been with her actions. It's v. much like Sydney in the sense of coming to terms with different versions of yourself that are now colliding.

I also want to see a Richard/Emily/Lorelai (or any combination thereof) confrontation or scene. Perhaps Lorelai and Emily talking or Emily and Richard awkwardness or even Lorelai and Richard sitting in silence, not knowing what to do or say to each other.

Herein ends my dissertation on GG. It's refreshing to have another show to talk about other than Alias.

Katie, OTH has become my favorite bad show. It's such a guilty pleasure. I hope they continue with the silly storylines and don't try their hand at serious storytelling anymore. They keep dabbling into the serious and it keeps failing, but apparently, they don't seem to realize that serious is not their forte.

Can Haley & Nathan even be legally married in North Carolina? I don't know what NC law says, but how old are Nathan and Haley? 16? 17? Whatever. It's so ridiculous, but I say keep on bringing the ridiculous. It's what makes the show bearable.

Also, I hate how The WB deals with girls & sex. If you have it, you'll get pregnant (Everwood, OTH) or go through a pregnancy scare (Dawson's Creek, Felicity (I think)) - unless you're Paris Gellar, in which case you won't get into Harvard. (Even Buffy, in which case you're boyfriend will do an about-face and dump you, though that reality was better executed since it was a disguised metaphor). If you do have it, you'd better be married, 'cause otherwise you'll ruin your life or you're a ****. Like you wouldn't be able to ruin your life when you're married. It's completely a double standard that The WB is perpetuating and I'm so sick of it. It's sex. If you're going to have sexually active teens on a show which is primarily watched by teenagers, then you have no business sending a message that girls who have sex will be punished in some way. Yes, pregnancy is possible. Yes, it's v. likely that it won't be fabulous at first. But must you continue to shove these poorly executed plot contrivances down my throat? Christ.

Sometimes I love The WB, but sometimes I really hate The WB.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree with you Bijal about Girl and Sex on TV they not good to make storyline why they always make Girl so stupid and Boys so annoying.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh i am such a GG fan! But i don't know about Luke/Lorelai...i mean it was so cute watching them flirt over the past 3 years, but to finally put them together? i am undecided about that! Although maybe i will learn to love it as i watch more eps? we're only up to ep 6 or something, Lorelai and Jason aren't together yet.

I really want to watch OTH! the storylines sound so crazy, although stupid Aussie TV channels will probabley never show it. grrr.

Hey sam did u love ep 11 of the O.C.?! YAY i get ep 12 tomorrow!!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Why would mocking SS make me feel better, Bijal? I like them too. They're hot. I just don't like that y'all are so mean to Vaughn.

I agree with the stuff you said regarding the bad guys. About Jack and Syd.

Don't get your panties in a twist. I was just loosely suggesting the fic.

Dude, we get kiss on GG? Omfg, I have to see the promo. I was at the WB site yesterday but it wasn't up yet.

I wouldn't call myself a lurker there, Indri, seeing as I just stop by quickly once a month or something. I don't even read the threads. Just click the board and, I don't know, look around a little. Your avie is supercute. :giggle:

I'm not even getting into the sex and TV discussion. It's bad for my bloodpressure. I'll just say *snaps* for Bijal's post about it.

Jen, this week's episode will bring the LL love back for you. I haven't even bothered with them in season 3 and first part of season 4. I got tired of the teasing. Besides, they've barely had any sweet scenes together in that period. It also helped that I liked Lorelai and Jason as a couple. But yeah, now it's all about the LL again. Hee.

Oh My God! Is it next Tuesday yet? Omfg, I can't wait for the season finale. I hope that promo wasn't too misleading. How exciting! I'm posting all these exclamation points and it's crazy, but I haven't felt as giddy about a GG promo in a long time and it feels so good.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-13-2004 at 08:23 AM
Old 05-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jenindi
Hey sam did u love ep 11 of the O.C.?! YAY i get ep 12 tomorrow!!!!!
OMG, I absolutely friggen' loved it! Hee, I was laughing out loud soooo many times. Hee, I think that is one of my favourites. So many quote worthy lines in there, lmfao.

I loved how they were making fun of Kirsten's cooking like the whole episode, lmfao and she just kept getting more and more drunk.

Oh and the confrontation at the end between Seth/Anna/Summer. Hillarious. Lmfao, I loved how Caleb was just laughing, and Kirsten is all "I always knew you were a late bloomer honey". Bwah!

Aw, and I got some adorable Seth/Ryan interaction. Hee! I sooo ship them! I can't help it, they rawk!

And I am at twop reading ep 11 now. I know, I know... your getting the episode today, but dude I need another fix... one is not enough!

Quote:
For the millionth time, I am and was not scary! I am a perfectly nice, amiable woman who is reserved and cautious upon first meeting people (as you are). I am NOT scary. Well, I am when I want to be. But I wasn't scary then. I was just quiet. Quiet doesn't equal scary. Hmph.

I didn't find you scary at the end, but initially, lmfao you were very intimidating. You were throwing some killer glares my way lmfao. I honestly thought it would be Eli who would be the scariest. And lmfao, I didn't relise that you were quiet at all, lmfao. I mean you weren't Pea hyper granted, but you weren't quiet. Hee Pea was soooo cute that first day, I totally thought that she was on something lmfao.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Wtf, why would I be the scariest? You have some warped up understanding of what scary is. Is everything scary to you maybe?

Pea was hysterically funny the first day in Perth. Well, every day,but that day in particular. It was hilarious. Poor Li's friends.

Bijal, have fun with your family this weekend. And have fun at graduation. Whee, take lots of pictures, cause I want to see you in your gown and everything.

I've bought tickets to Troy for Saturday. Me and a friend are so excited about this movie, so we're off to watch it as soon as possible. We would go tonight at the premiere, but the Idol finale is tonight. I was like "We'll tape it or watch the rerun tomorrow." But she wanted to watch it tonight. You know, get it live, watch it before she knows the results and whatnot. I'm fine with that. Tomorrow is great too. *squeals*

And yesterday I saw Gladiator. I love those armor'ish thingys they wear in these kinds of movies, so I had a sudden urge to drool over Russell in his last night. So sexy. I love that movie.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-14-2004 at 02:25 AM
Old 05-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wtf, why would I be the scariest? You have some warped up understanding of what scary is. Is everything scary to you maybe?
I don't know, lmfao you just seemed like the most serious out of all the invaders, the most mature (before I met you) lmfao I wasn't "scared" exactly, more like .... oh I don't know, lmfao... can I use the 'I was 16' card???

Oh and dude, I totally understand your friend wanting to watch it live. It's just not the same once it's already happened. You'd find out some how especially with how big Idol gets. I can't wait till Aussie Idol starts back up, I miss it. Watching American Idol, just isn't as fun.

Ooh and Happy Graduation card Bijal! You totally do have to post your pictures in your gown!

On a completely different note: Can I just say how disgusted I am in those American soldiers who tortured the Iraqi's. Not only for the act itself, but dude it's so friggen irresponsible. Especially now its out, this is just putting the American POW's and any other nations troops who are supporting America, into even more danger. I mean look at that poor guy who got his head cut off on Aljazeera television. I am just so disgusted at how reckless they were. Ugh! And a big BULL**** to them saying that no body knew about it. Give me a friggen' break. Like hell no body knew about it, like it wouldn't be kept under surveillance.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.

Last edited by Samii; 05-14-2004 at 02:52 AM
Old 05-14-2004, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

Before you met me? Excuse me? I am the most mature of the invaders. But how that made you think I would be scary as well, is beyond me. No, you can not play the "I was 16 card". :tongue:

Yeah, it's best to watch live, so I'm okay with not going to watch Troy til tomorrow.

I know with the American soliders. They say they're just doing what they were told to do. Yeah, that's what the Nazis said during the Nurnberg trial as well. The footage we've seen is shocking. But I'm not getting into that here.

Aw, just saw parts of the Friends Oprah and Leno interviews. I just found a fab site with lots of Friends download and my luck would have it that the video server got closed forever yesterday. Yesterday! Why didn't I find that site three days ago? So I only manage to pick up bits and pieces here and there. Trying to dl the Leno on off BT, but it's so slow. Has already taken me like a week to get as far as I have. Blah. Either way, I want the rest of the Oprah one, cause from what I've seen from both, the Oprah one was so much better. What? I love Oprah. They're so adorable. Okay, so it was sappy and "I love these guys" over and over again, but still sweet. And it's so endearing that Jen Aniston cries all the time. Awwww.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Before you met me? Excuse me? I am the most mature of the invaders.
Pfft! Lmfao... your a big ol' dork dude.

And bwah, I think Kim was slightly more mature than you dude. Lmfao, I think she got frustrated sometimes. But awww!

And yeah with the Nazi/Nuremburg comparison! I agree, that is such a twinkie response. It's actually really pitiful, that excuse stops working after pre-school! I had predicted that this was happening though, my mum and I were discussing the abuse of the American POW's and how horrific etc and I said that it wouldn't surpise me if the Iraqi POW's were being mistreated aswell - but we just weren't hearing that side, and my mum was all "no, no they have protocol, blah blah fish cakes, it wouldn't happen". But gah, because of my Journalism studies, I've been like living and breathing this stuff lately and it's so depressing, it just seems never ending. My tutor works at the biggest W.A Newspaper, and she always brings the latest updates, for us to work through, re-write, find the flaws etc. and we get so much of this stuff.

Edited: Omg, I just fricken' LOVE your avie Bijal! Man, Conan rocks my friggen' world! Tee!Hee! He has the best interviews. He's adorable, adorable, adorable!

Last edited by Samii; 05-14-2004 at 04:52 AM
Old 05-14-2004, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

I knew you were gonna use the Kim card. She wasn't all that mature, though. You just felt she was cause she was very quiet in Oz.

I can be mature and still be a dork and childish. :tongue:

I see you at MSN. I'm studying right now and I need to get a little bit more done before I can play. Are you staying a while longer?? And btw, easy on the signature. Jeez, it's taking up half your post.

I'm gonna post one Elektra set picture per day now. Lmao. The choice will be random.

Today's pic:

Last edited by Eliii; 05-14-2004 at 05:28 AM
Old 05-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Dude, I don't see you on MSN? Lmfao... weird. Big Sister is watching me. :looks around fearfully: And yeah I will be on for a good while yet, *sigh* I can't wait till this weekend is over and work is done, so I can go out partying next weekend, I feel like a leper! (sp?)

Oh and poo, like being mature is something to be proud of. Whatever, dude! Be mature when your like 40, tied down with kids and are bitter because your eyes continue to wrinkle and your skin continues to sag! Hee! Only another two decades for me!

OMG, btw, speaking of kids (well kinda) HOLY ****ING CRAP! I am never ever, ever, ever giving birth and I advise all of you to take similar actions lmfao (well except Indri, because well... too late )
So, for Film and Cinema we had to watch a movie that had rhythm (without music) it had to build through shots etc. So, we are all sitting there bored as usual, and then this bloody thing he shows us is this chic giving birth. It was the most graphic thing I have ever watched (vouch for me Jen) and dude, ew... so much blood, and nipples were dripping, and a brain looking thing came out after the baby did, and ewww all the blood. Oh god and we got views of the doctor inside her (if you know what I mean) oh it was the most disgusting think ever. Oh god, and the size the vagina gets stretched too is fricking disturbing. What are these insane people thinking when they have like 8 kids? Lmfao, one I understand, accident... but dude - after that no fricken' more! I don't know whether to have respect for my mum for doing it, or to doubt her brain capacity for doing it again. Ewwwwww! Seriously, lmfao I am friggen' horrified. E.R does NOT prepare you for that. I felt like I needed medication just to watch it.

<--- will be in therapy until she is 30!

Aw, Jen and her dog are too adorable. Hee, the dog is sooo cute, I love how he is all shaking his head. Jen totally suits long hair, seriously she looks great with it, I loved her hair as 'Julia', Awesome! And Elektra (Daredevil, one) hee.

Can I just express my love for how much more we can fit into our siggy's now. Bwah, no longer a need to cut my choices down as much! Bwahhhh!

Last edited by Samii; 05-14-2004 at 05:42 AM
Old 05-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

I'm on Appear Offline.

Dude, who said anything about being old and gray? Being mature is not the same as old, you doofus.

Thanks for that nice image of the birth thing. But we've always known it's supposed to be the most painful thing ever, and apparently we're meant to survive it. Don't be such a man. Suck it up and do it. Wuss.

Jen and Martha Stewart are the most adorable ever. :giggle: I've heard that about Jen on the sets. That she likes to hang out alone a lot of the time. Or with Martha. Aw.

I'm gonna talk to the admins and have them set a sig limit. :tongue: <- can someone tell me where my tongue smilie is? I can't be bothered checking the new code for it, or if it even has one anymore.

All right, I have to run to the store and get some food into this house. Will be back to play after that. I'll study more later. Need a break now, heh.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-14-2004 at 06:19 AM