Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2023, 01:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They really should know better for things like that

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:07 AM
Graphics Team

Shows never learn though. They expect viewers to simply not notice these things.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
They expect viewers to simply not notice these things.
Exactly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2023, 03:12 AM
Graphics Team

As I said in another thread, they want us invested but not paying close attention.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You've got a good point with that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-23-2023, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - eternal sunshine - (View Post)
As I said in another thread, they want us invested but not paying close attention.
But fans are so much smarter than that. We literally notice everything.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

& the writers never seem to learn that we do

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2023, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

It also is so condescending that they'd think we're 'that stupid'.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It can seem that way

Just learned something new:
Quote:
Throughout the series members of the New York Supreme Court (which is a trial court) are referred to as "Judge" when in reality they are referred to as "Justice". Only members of the New York Court of Appeals (the state's highest court) are called "Judge".
Interesting point:
Quote:
Throughout all the different New York based Law & Order programs, when the police want to obtain a confession - real or coerced, they will often use the possibility of the defendant being given the death penalty, despite the fact that the state of New York hasn't put anyone to death since 1963. However in the L&O episode Aftershock (1996) we see the aftermath of an execution, this means the Law & Order universe does have active death penalties even if the real world does not.
(both from here)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-29-2023, 11:24 PM
Graphics Team

They probably went with 'judge' as that is the term people would be more familiar with. Or simply did not do their research.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

I would think they did their research but as you said Mimica, it's more familiar for most to say 'Judge'.

Where as if they went with 'Justice', they might feel there is something needing some explanation. So keeping it simple with 'Judge' worked.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd like to think research was done but you never know. It may be more common now to research something like that . This franchise is old. Or maybe they changed terms at some point. But I agree going with judge is far easier than justice, requires less explanation & translates around the world

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-01-2023, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I think they like to keep some things the same over each show so that it does make sense. Changing it up on one can/could get confusing.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Agreed

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

I know with Canadian programming, I think they call them Chief Justice or something like that.

Now other 'Canadian' programming can use Judge but we know in Canada what CJ means, but if L&O did that, I think people would have this idea that they have 'different' powers in the courtroom.
Reply   Post New Thread