Or own multiples of the same outfits?
Old 10-03-2023, 11:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

maybe

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:20 PM
Graphics Team

Any trivia, goofs, or quotes anyone would like to share?
Old 10-14-2023, 01:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Here's one:
Quote:
The series has been the longest currently running American live-action primetime television series since the cancellation of Law & Order (1990) in 2010. It is therefore the last remaining such series to have premiered in the 1990s.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203259/trivia/

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-28-2023, 03:06 PM
Graphics Team

It would too be that. I have never thought about it that way but other long running live-action primetime shows are all from the 2000s, even NCIS started in 2003 so while it has been around forever too it isn't from the 1990s.

Arguably the OG L&O now would also be one which premiered in the 1990s too but it went away and came back so it depends on how you look at it.
Old 10-31-2023, 12:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly NCIS is the next live action show after SVU/L&O & it has been around forever, but as you said it started in 2003. After that it is Grey's Anatomy & Criminal Minds from 2005. Then all other current shows are from 2010 or later.

L&O is a tricky one. It went away but it did also still start in the 1990s too. It is a bit like counting it as running longer than NCIS. NCIS has consistently run for 20 seasons going into season 21, just like SVU has consistently run for 24 seasons going into season 25. While L&O consistently ran for 20 seasons then took around a 12 year break before continuing with its 21st season. Still impressive accomplishments, plus to come back after all that time & have multiple seasons. But also not the same as what SVU & NCIS have accomplished.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Graphics Team

Those shows are still impressive how long they have been around but it is crazy to think that while they have been on forever they still are all from the 2000s. Crazier still to think of how SVU started in the 1990s and is still going strong.

It really took a long break so it is hard to hold it in the same regard. I would rather think highly of how it managed to come back after so long and do well. As you said, what it has done is not the same as what shows like SVU and NCIS have done. It is a shame that it slipped in between SVU and NCIS too so it pushed NCIS back to third.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I know. I don't know what is crazier to think of there - that SVU has been on so long it started back in the 1990s, or that all these other long running shows which feel like they've been around forever are all from the 2000s still

Each show is impressive in their own ways & should be proud of what they've achieved.

NCIS may be pushed back to third but they're still longest running for CBS (I'll take whatever milestone I can find for it )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2023, 09:52 PM
Graphics Team

It also makes me feel really old when I think about it like that too.

I like that thinking for NCIS.
Old 11-14-2023, 11:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a good point too Maybe don't think that much about it

I always like finding good ways of thinking of NCIS

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-18-2023, 11:12 PM
Graphics Team

Interesting information cast members who appeared in other parts of the franchise before becoming mains on L&O:
Quote:
Recast as a Regular:
- While Lennie Briscoe became the face of the franchise for the better part of the series, actor Jerry Orbach first appeared in the second season as defense attorney Frank Lehrmann. Every bit as much of a Deadpan Snarker as his later detective character, Orbach's attorney character is remembered for the line "It's called plea bargaining, not plea scalping!"
- S. Epatha Merkerson played the bereaved mother of a murder victim years before she was cast as Lieutenant Van Buren.
- Annie Parisse played the stripper girlfriend of a defendant shortly before being cast as ADA Borgia. Parisse allegedly wanted to play the same character and claim that she had been working as a stripper to pay for law school, but Dick Wolf wasn't keen on the idea, and not without reason; in story, initially Jack wasn't keen on Abby becoming his assistant due to her inexperience- she'd been an ADA for five years at that point. Given the short timespan between Annie Parisse's appearance as a stripper and her debut as Borgia, it would stretch credibility that she went from paying her way through law school to climbing the ranks of the DA's office in such a short amount of time.
- A clean-shaven Jeremy Sisto appears as defense attorney Clint Glover in the season finale of the 17th season. In the very next episode, he returns as a scruffy Detective Cyrus Lupo and continues this role for the rest of the series. It's explained that Lupo had been working for the NYPD Intelligence Division in Iraq for the previous four years.
- Anthony Anderson appeared as a different cop on SVU before being cast as Detective Kevin Bernard.
- Milena Govich had a one-off role here preceding two regular roles in the franchise: first as ADA Jessica Rossi in the short-lived Conviction, then back in here as Detective Nina Cassady.
- Jeffrey Donovan played the Villain of the Week in the Season 17 episode "Good Faith". When the series was revived he was cast as Detective Frank Cosgrove.
- Manheim played three different one-off characters in the history of the show before being cast as Lt. Kate Dixon.
- Mehcad Brooks played a Victim of the Week in the SVU episode "Personal Fouls".

Source
Old 11-24-2023, 01:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh wow. Thanks for that. So many

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-25-2023, 09:45 PM
Graphics Team

And that is just one show. It doesn't look at the ones who play different roles within the franchise or universe, or the ones who play multiple roles in the other shows.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Valid point. that list would be crazy long

Chelle » join GTmy art
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top