Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I guess as messy as that season 7 relationship was, it showed just how not meant to be they were.
Yep. I’m glad it, at least, closed the book on them.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Chris just really drags things down whenever he's in an episode. It's why I find season 7, when he's there, so difficult to get through.

I have watched French Twist once the while way through. I will never put myself through that again. I literally feel physically nauseated with the hotel room scenes with Chris and Lorelai. It's so uncomfortable to watch. Ew, ew, ew.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

I don't even remember the hotel scenes in French Twist. clearly I blocked them out. definitely not going to watch the episode again, once was enough.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

omg you are lucky for not remembering them Eventually I hope to completely block them out.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I watched it during my last rewatch. But lots of disgust while doing so.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

The whole episode is just ridiculous. I'm glad it's the lowest rated episode of the series and is largely hated by the fan base. I think I have seen one or two people go on about how much they love the episode, but they were Chris fans and Chris/Lorelai shippers, so I mean their brains already aren't functioning right.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

it's a really bad episode.

I don't understand how CL fans are okay with season 7, she literally tells him no a million times and only gives him the time of day after Luke completely shuts her down.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Right? All their relationship showed us in season 7 was how terrible they are together. You can tell how Lorelai doesn't actually want to be in it as she is just rebounding with Chris, she's in love with Luke. If that was a couple I shipped, I would be annoyed, not loving it.

It's all kind of gross the way he he keeps pushing her into marrying him. I think she says no 6 or 7 times? Something like that. But yet they still come married! The guy just wouldn't give up. It's pathetic. I always feel so bad for Lorelai when they come home, he calls her Mrs. Hayden (gag) and then the look of regret on her face as the reality of the situation sinks in. Ugh.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Chris brings everything down. I usually fast forward through his scenes when I rewatch the show.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

I do too for the most part, even in the early seasons when he was somewhat tolerable. But knowing what has to come, all the crap he's going to pull, makes him insufferable, even then.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Right? All their relationship showed us in season 7 was how terrible they are together. You can tell how Lorelai doesn't actually want to be in it as she is just rebounding with Chris, she's in love with Luke. If that was a couple I shipped, I would be annoyed, not loving it.

It's all kind of gross the way he he keeps pushing her into marrying him. I think she says no 6 or 7 times? Something like that. But yet they still come married! The guy just wouldn't give up. It's pathetic. I always feel so bad for Lorelai when they come home, he calls her Mrs. Hayden (gag) and then the look of regret on her face as the reality of the situation sinks in. Ugh.
exactly, she doesn't even deny it when he says he can't stand being second choice does she? I can't exactly remember.

I wonder if when he and Luke got in the fight, it gave Luke a bit of hope that things weren't working out for CL.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I always feel so bad for Lorelai when they come home, he calls her Mrs. Hayden (gag) and then the look of regret on her face as the reality of the situation sinks in. Ugh.
Yes. Definitely not a happy look.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - reflecting light - (View Post)
exactly, she doesn't even deny it when he says he can't stand being second choice does she? I can't exactly remember.

I wonder if when he and Luke got in the fight, it gave Luke a bit of hope that things weren't working out for CL.
Lorelai does try to plead with Chris that she picked him, but she is convincing no one.... not even herself.

I think it must have given Luke hope, because Luke didn't seem shocked at all that Lorelai and Chris broke up and got divorced. It was after the fight that Luke went to Lorelai, to ask for the character reference, wasn't it?
Old 07-14-2021, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

And she even says it in a way that tries to convince herself.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Yep, trying but failing to convince herself.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread