Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2021, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm glad she came to her senses and didn't let it drag on longer than it needed to.

Last edited by Lindsay; 07-16-2021 at 10:41 AM
Old 07-15-2021, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, all that time wasted though. I still think the relationship went on too long.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Well, it certainly went on too long for MY personal tastes. I did love seeing the LL connection come back. Building up that longing and tension was *chef’s kiss*.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Probably went on too long for most people's tastes.

I get they had to use DS, since he was contracted for half the season, but ugh, use him in another way. He's in 15 episodes total in season 7, which is depressing lol. Far more than any previous season. Ahhh that glorious time on the show between mid season 3 - earlyish season 5 when he doesn't appear AT ALL. Thus proving the show can go on without having him there at all. He's just not necessary.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Thus proving the show can go on without having him there at all. He's just not necessary.
Not at all.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

He's just a plot device. When they have him around for a long period of time and in a bigger capacity (season 7), the show suffers. He caters to a very, very small minority of viewers (which I'll never understand) as a character, while the majority of viewers hate his presence.

Me, whenever he speaks:

Old 07-17-2021, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Perfect gif.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

Also my reaction whenever someone makes an attempt to defend Christopher's actions. Like..... are you serious? You're actually defending this deadbeat garbage human? What a waste of energy.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep. He’s not worth defending.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

He also did nothing that can even be defended. It's a whole load of straw grasping from Chris fans when it comes to defending him.

Even more hilarious when people say Chris was the one who was perfect for Lorelai and she should have ended up with him.

Un... no. The guy who was perfect for Lorelai was the guy who put her and Rory first, cared about them more than he cared about himself, understood that Rory was the most important person to Lorelai, respected their bond. Was there for them both at the drop of a hat, even if things between him and Lorelai weren't quite okay. And that was not Chris. Wasn't even close to being Chris. Chris was a selfish man-child who only ever thought of himself, put his own feelings first and consistently used Rory to get to Lorelai. Like... how gross? Using your daughter and your "father status" to try get to her mother? Then when he couldn't get what he wanted, he pisses off again. And there are still fans out there who like Chris and want him with Lorelai, when he does that? Wtf.... why??
Old 07-20-2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I just can’t get past him being a deadbeat. I don’t know how people can look past that to want them together.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Same. I don't get it either.

Someone just posted on Reddit that they prefer Lorelai with Chris. Gave no reasons, just that. And it's taking me great strength not to comment with, like, 100 reasons why Chris is the absolute worst. But I can guarantee you if they do give reasons it will, as always, be superficial crap. No actual solid reason for why Chris should be with Lorelai (because none exist), it's always the superficial reasons that mean absolutely nothing.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Well ain't it the truth.

I wish he'd just effed off for good after that incident. Why'd they have to bring his lame ass back in Season 6.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Because a long lost kid wasn’t drama enough.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Ugh seriously. Whenever there's drama, Chris has to appear to cause even more drama.

This article was posted on Reddit yesterday. Think it's been posted here before, but lol omg I don't think I can get over how ridiculous and stupid it is. The person who wrote it, clearly watched a different version of the show where Chris was written completely differently. Canon from the show is completely ignored to glorify Chris as this amazing partner to Lorelai and a (lmaooooo) loving father to Rory. OH PLEASE. Then the comments section, the ones agreeing with it, are a riot. Do these fans wear Chris loving goggles when they watch the show? Where it skewes their vision into making them see Chris as a different person?

https://telltaletv.com/2015/10/gilmo...y-for-lorelai/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread