Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It’s obvious to me that the show was writing LL as endgame so it blows my mind how Lauren could root for CL. It could’ve been her personal relationship with David that swayed her feelings on the subject.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Yeah, that definitely could have swayed her view since she and David seemed to get along really well. Blows my mind too that people could even think Chris was a possibility to be Lorelai's endgame because I too see it clearly as being Luke. Chris was nothing but a plot point, there to cause some drama. It was never going to end with him and Lorelai together and I don't understand why people think it ever could. To me, you're not watching or paying attention to the show properly, if you see or think that way. It's wish fulfillment to think the story would end that way with them. God, even when they were together it wasn't for long and it was an awkward disaster. What does that tell you?
Old 08-08-2021, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I think her changing her mind perhaps had to do with her actually watching the show when writing for her book, and seeing just how awful Chris was and how the story wants the audience to root for LL, because that's how its should be. You want to see Lorelai be happy, be with someone who complements her, who loves her and who she loves, is there for her, respects her and who is also there for and cares for Rory. Luke is ALL of those things and Chris is none of them.
Oh yeah. That makes sense. And no, he is definitely not.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Just read a comment on reddit where someone said they were so disappointed that Lorelai didn't end up with Chris, that when they rewatch the show they have to ignore anything to do with Lorelai's love life (mainly with Luke I guess). And I'm like.... so you just gonna full on ignore one of the most significant parts of the show? 4 seasons of will-they-wont't-they back and forth flirting and jealousy, 2 seasons of them together, 1 season of them miserable and Lorelai faking being happy with Chris, then the revival where they've been together solid for 9 years and just being adorably domesticated, ending in their wedding? Wow okay, watching the show must be a chore for a Chris/Lorelai fan lmao.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

On the one hand, I feel sorry for them because they didn't get much in terms of relationship development or story, but on the other hand, I don't because they chose to invest in an obviously doomed relationship.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Yeah, even though they did get half a season of C/L together.... it was absolutely tragically awful that it's hilarious that's all they got. Lorelai is in love with Luke the entire time and faking her way through it. Like, how tf can anyone watch that and think "oh wow, I love them so much!!" But that's what happens when you invest your shipping in a plot point that was never going to lead anywhere and only furthered Luke and Lorelai getting back together. Womp, womp.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Just read a comment on reddit where someone said they were so disappointed that Lorelai didn't end up with Chris, that when they rewatch the show they have to ignore anything to do with Lorelai's love life (mainly with Luke I guess). And I'm like.... so you just gonna full on ignore one of the most significant parts of the show? 4 seasons of will-they-wont't-they back and forth flirting and jealousy, 2 seasons of them together, 1 season of them miserable and Lorelai faking being happy with Chris, then the revival where they've been together solid for 9 years and just being adorably domesticated, ending in their wedding? Wow okay, watching the show must be a chore for a Chris/Lorelai fan lmao.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

I wish she said this to him more often. Like, just basically whenever he appears in an episode would be good.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Haha, right?! Perhaps that could be our next thread title?
Old 08-11-2021, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

I like that for a title. Very appropriate for the way the majority of fans feel. We just want him to get out of the way.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^so perfect! I love Luke's death glare. Luke is all of us.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Luke gets it. Luke MORE than gets it.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That’s perfect.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

This poll on Reddit has me laughing. I'm worried about the 63 people who voted for Luke. I don't quite understand the votes for Max or Jason when Chris is an option??? But the votes for Luke really don't matter tbh, when 1.6k voted for Chris. 63 v. 1.6k I truly love this fandom and it's overall hate for this siimeball.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's not even a question, it's a universal understanding.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread