Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

So very true about the difference between Chris and Luke.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

I could probably write an essay on the differences between Chris and Luke, highlighting how much of a better person Luke is. A better person, a better dad and a better partner/husband/friend to Lorelai.

Imo if you watch the show and think Chris understands Lorelai better than anyone then you're not paying attention lol. You're seeing what you want to see. Just because they have known each other since childhood, doesn't mean that equals to him knowing her better. Yes they knew each other since they were 6,became close as teens, but since Rory was born, they never spent any significant time together. I mean, the guy doesn't even visit them in their home town until Rory is 16! That's 16 years of only seeing each other at family Christmas parties, maybe some other events dotted through the years. Hell, Michel would know her better by this point lol. Chris remains to only know her as her teenage self and it's only his fault that he doesn't know or get her beyond that.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree with every word. Luke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chris.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Yep, Luke will always, ALWAYS better than Chris. It grates me so hard when I see Chris defenders waffle on about how awful Luke is, with their reasons ALWAYS being only the period of how he acted when April came along. They base his entire character on that six month period, ignoring everything else before or after about his character that GOES AGAINST how he behaved during that time, proving he was OOC in those months. Yet they defend Christopher's entire ****ty behaviour from the moment he's first introduced lol. That's some weird flex.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Hell, Michel would know her better by this point lol. Chris remains to only know her as her teenage self and it's only his fault that he doesn't know or get her beyond that.
Hah. That’s a great point. And yes, it’s his own fault.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

The only thing he did know about her was that she was still in love with Luke. But that was so obvious anyone would know that. So I even resent when he says "I know you. I know you're not done with him." in response to that.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

So obvious.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

I hate that he goes along with the relationship, pushing her, but then later claiming he knew he was pushing her, knew she was vulnerable and he knew she was still in love with Luke. Imo that's worse than if he was oblivious to it all and was genuinely thinking she wanted this.

But he was so desperate to be with her for his own selfish needs, that he pushed the reality of the situation to the side and put Lorelai through all of that. If he truly cared about her, he would not have pushed, let her grieve. Chris is just too selfish to really care about her.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I guess he wanted his shot with her no matter what. Like you said, selfish. But he should’ve known it wouldn’t end well.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

There was an absolute glorious post on Reddit yesterday (on father's day of all days lmao), calling Chris out on his reaction to the character reference and just generally, pointing out reasons why he is a terrible dad/person. The points made I could not agree more with. The point made about him resenting Rory is so damn accurate. I really do think Chris sees Rory as this obstacle that came in between him and Lorelai. He really is garbage.

Quote:
He saw the character reference in the drawer and started reading. Lorelai is narrating, it's a great scene, and you see this look of anguish across Chris's face as he reads about Luke being there for Rory throughout her life. Lorelai describes him being there for Rory's birthdays and goes on to say he was the father figure in Rory's life. Chris puts his hand over his mouth and I actually feel sorry for him. I think, "Wow, this must be really hard for him to read. He's realizing that another man is more of a father to his daughter than he ever was."

But that's really not what Chris was thinking at all. No, he was thinking about Luke being with Lorelai throughout the years. He was thinking about how highly Lorelai regards Luke. He actually does not give a **** about his lack of relationship with his daughter. The issue he has with this letter is that Luke is "always there and always will be there". He's not thinking about how he's not a dependable dad, he's using this letter to fuel his jealousy of Luke's relationship to Lorelai.

It just really hits you in the face how much Chris doesn't care about being a dad. He only wants Lorelai. Perhaps underneath he even resents Rory for coming between him and Lorelai.

It's very telling that he reads a letter about Rory's reliance on Luke but can only think about himself.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Leave it to Father's Day to drudge up anti-Chris sentiments. Everything they've said is so true, though. I think Chris will forever be jealous of Luke because he was the true father figure in Rory's life.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Yep, he will. Jealous of Luke for being a better dad to Rory than he was and jealous of him for the presence he has in Lorelai's life. He knows Luke has been there for both Lorelai and Rory more than he ever has or ever could and he can't handle that. And it's nothing but his own fault that he doesn't have that presence in thir lives.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

He can go sulk elsewhere and leave them to their lovefest. Good riddance, Chris! *byebye*
Old 06-22-2021, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh wow. That’s a great point in that post. Ugh. He is despicable.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Chris! Byeeeee.

Actually, yes, let it hit you.

I saw someone else point out that while Chris is absent completely from season 4, the way his episodes in season 3 and season 5 work out, we actually don't see him for almost 2 whole seasons! Haha, I love that. He's there in 3.13 when Gigi is born, then he appears again in 5.06 when Sherry leaves him and he has to call Lorelai for help with Gigi because he can't take care of his own kid.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread